What are these called in English?

Here in Hungary we call tasteless, poorly executed or unnecessary modifications "Tuner Jóska" (lit. tuner Joseph)

They are generally those people who don't want to, or can't afford to actually tune their cars' performance, but still want to live the NFS Underground life.

Rice. Lurk for a day or two before you post my man

Ricers

We call it Rice. At least here in the states, even when applied to non asian cars at this point.

We have a whole Facebook group specifically for these kind of stuff. If you want to cringe, I can upload metric fucktons of weird cars.

I've heard of ricers, but thought it's specifically for Asian cars. Thanks for clarification.

Why Tuner Joseph? What’s the etymology?

It stands for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
Cosmetic meaning it doesn't actually do jack shit other than look stupid.

Nobody knows the term appeared suddenly, then started to spread like the plague. Every "car person" here will know what you mean if you call someone's car Joseph.

What is that car in op image?

Fiat Brava

Looks like an older Fiat Brava

In UK its a boy racer

Characterised by shit body mods, loud exhausts and dangerous driving

a Fiat Brava

In Italy we call'em "taronate" o "marocchinate". Also you pick an excellent example because who rices hasn't the money to afford anything more than a 500€ diesel Fiat but still wants to pretend to have a race car.
I've seen many and they make me cringe.

Barry or ricer

These cars are always driven into the ground, they spend all their money on cheap plastic tat to stick to their cars instead of servicing them.

We got the equivalent in French : "Jacky Tuning" = Rice, and "Jacky" = Ricer.
There are so much more Jackys than real tuners here that when people speak about "tuning" here, they usually mean rice.

We call the subhumans driving such cars "Brian"
Basically chavs except danish and driving a mangled golf, polo, or beemer.
Always from the 90s, except the golf which WILL be a mkII

Fast and furious viewer

Petje in the netherlands. Petje means cap in english.

Because they usually wear a cap and adjust their seats all the way back and lean on the center console. Quite a few on Veeky Forums too everytime I see them post their $3k shitters.