/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition. You got your answer. Don't ask this question again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/178962994/#178998341
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When the CHIM hits you

Post some pipe smokin

Remember kids, don't smoke. It's no good.

She smokes only the finest of Dunmeri tobacco imports!

It's alright, whats a few years for an elf?

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

>Get all my mods working and good
>So excited to play oh boy
>Audio files must have been mixed up somehow
>Wolves scream "ELF, EEELF!" at me
>Mudcrabs say robotic nonsense
>One guy just kept screaming

I kind of don't want to fix this

Also blood and darkness.

When is Theo gonna bully Ada with his hot twink dick???

Almost done. I just need to finish the navmesh. My dumbass did aipackages and idlemarkers before the navmesh so NPCs are trying to walk through walls

What's this user? A town mod?

Yeah, that shit looks pretty dope desu. I like the built into the hillside look. What's it for?

I'm having a crash due to a missing NiNode. What the hell is this?

Reminder that even though ESO is inconsequential to the main elder scrolls games, it isn't canon BECAUSE IT'S STUPID AND I SAID SO.

alright, I cleanly uninstalled FNIS and all FNIS related mods

how do I go about get TK dodge step dodging to work?

>install FNIS
>drop this tool to merge with that tool and say ok to any overwrites
>run FNIS

then? create mod - FNIS output? then run the game and hope it works?

Screwing around with town guards

What were you trying to do?

Just normally play the game. I only tried to enter The Drunken Huntsman.

I want to disable 2 mods. I need to rebuild my bash patch afterword, right?

depends, if you open wryebash and its still green its fine

Something's wrong about some modded mesh or something then. Disable your mesh mods until you find the problem.

Thx lads. I'm expanding riverwood. Adding a farm and farmers who work at the farm. Also expanded the lumberyard and added more lumberers.

as long as you don't add a wall

the people of Riverwood are poor sods, after all

What the hell. I installed the XP32 and it's recommended mods, because I thought it was the lack of it that was causing the error, but no, it was one of /tesg/ followers, apparently.

Is this part of a bigger mod, or just for riverwood?

Either way, great progress, just remember to not go overboard. Expanding a town is fine but canonically Riverwood is pretty small, and if you make the place too fancy it'll stick out. If compared to Whiterun Riverwood is actually bigger it'd just feel awkward.

Personally I always try to add too much detail to mods and it ends up making shit too fancy and ruining the atmosphere, so don't make that mistake.

Instead, why not add more stuff up the road FROM riverwood? You could add more houses and mills and fishers up the river and near the cliffs, that would make a lot of logical sense without conflicting with the rural comfiness of Riverwood.

That said, this looks fantastic so far. You should give Morthal and Falkreath a shot too. They're in dire need of detail more than Riverwood.

Sasuga.
It's fine she's ugly anyways.

Here comes Kos, shitposting waifus again.

He's made it pretty clear he doesn't care about fitting in here at all and just wants to use us as free labor to test his mods.

The worst part is that she seems interesting. Hand tattoos and magic and all.

It's really possible that a follower gives a mesh error like that?

Oh right, he literally said he wants to be the new trainwiz.

I would take anything Kos says with a grain of salt. He's a known shitposter who hates waifus and has been caught samefaggin.

Exactly.

Are you sure it's the follower? Plenty of other people have used her without issue.

I'm not sure. I disabled her and was able to enter the place without errors.

There is no way to know correctly, right?

Hello is Kos in the new creation club
when will it release?

It's possible, did you just recently install her?

I know the waifu got an update recently, but I've been using her for awhile with no issue.

I guess you could try placeatme her in a different cell and see if she still crashes you

Yes, it was today and she was the last mod I installed before the error.

I'd need her base ID, right?

I'll install the updated version of her and test myself in a second.

>It's fine she's ugly anyways.
Yeah I know r-right.

try this I recently just updated her not to long ago. I doubt it's a mesh problem

Hey, I don't hate ALL waifus. Actually, I used to, but after a while on /tesg/ you realize that Waifufagging and Screenshot taking is actually pretty damn hard. Plenty of stuff in these threads look pretty neat. Like that vampire girl that gets spammed over and over. Or the brown tomboy. The frekled redhead loli freaks me out though, she looks creepy as hell.

I was kidding about the witch, just trying to comfort the poor man. You can't even see her damn face, after all.

I'm not Trainwiz, that's basically all he ever came to Veeky Forums for. I genuinely enjoy many waifus and I think it's a skill too. It might be smutty, but it's a labor of love, I think.

Obviously I still want help testing my mods, but I've also gotten some great ideas from these threads. Any feedback is always welcome, and I like to help others who are getting started modding too, or need help getting something in the game.

Go on /fog/ and ask Trainwiz.

Here's what I would do.
Most likely if it's an Ninode error it's part of the mesh. So replace all her clothing - the hat mesh with a vanilla hat, the armor with vanilla armor, etc. And then see if it still crashes. If so, the problem's in the body mesh. If not, the problem's in the armor. Repeat until you find the problem nif model.

Ignore Kos, he's a known shitposter.

You could just do "help synthia" and it would let you make a copy of her with the ref id

I love when you get called out on being a shitposter you back off into a corner and try to play off as bantz.

Take you rname off and samefag some more.

Do coc elsweyr, "help Synthia", placeatme (id)

I'm taking everyone with a grain of salt

Crashed.

Forgot image. Same error.

Eh, I'm not going to defend dumb shit I do. I apologize for any people I offended, now I'm just trying to be positive, productive, and helpful. Is that so bad?

Like I said, most likely a mesh problem, though those are rare to be honest. Do what I mentioned with the file swapping.

I'm guessing it's either a faulty node or a problem with her custom mesh/skeleton and HDT physics. Ninode errors mean that the nif is trying to reference a node that doesn't exist.

Once you find the problem file in question, post it and I'll fix it for you. I think I have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

Not to mention, I've changed my mind on Waifus since then, and after some discussions here, and I was being too dismissive before. For that, I apologize.

I like how people point out that he got 'caught' samefagging when he owned up to it. Fucking /tesg/ can't seem to be able to NOT hold a grudge about anything.

It wasn't really that long ago. If I recall, you said that you liked waifus back then too.

No CTD on my end.

..."owning up to it" after he got caught doesn't change the fact that he got caught. He still did it.
That said if he's sincere I guess he deserves a second chance, but actions speak louder than words so we'll see.

It's fine my man, opinions are opinions.

I don't have crash fixes installed and it works for me.

>gets caught same fagging
>says he hates waifus
>said he just wants to use us to be the next trainwiz
>left fog cause of buff
>/fog/ hates him
>calls a waifu ugly

N-not a shitposter! W-was just bantz!

Good morning /tesg/!
I hope you all had a nice weekend.

I tried to use MO to reorganize my order again (i usually use LOOT).

Now it magically worked.

What the fuck.

Thanks friend, I did, even though it took all weekend to get Cheyenne released

>Crash fixes
Uninstall that. I've had problems with that mod for a long time. It took me forever to find out that it was crash fixes. The only time it actually worked was with Bruma

Everyone makes mistakes, it's just if you learn from them. It's alright

Nah, I was pretty heavily anti-waifu when I first came here. I've definitely mellowed since then, especially after seeing that YuiH elf.

That said still looks weird. I guess some sort of awkward cute?

Could be a skeleton issue, then. But I still advocate for trying the meshes individually.

Well, I don't know what much I can do for /tesg/ as a whole, but if anyone ever needs scripting work, custom weapons, custom spells, or a quest for a follower mod, I'd be glad to help.

A while back some guy made a Voodoo doctor character, so I helped him make a green lightning bolt.

True, I'm not apologizing to anyone in particular, just admitting my outlook was wrong before.

I didn't leave /fog/ because of Buff, I'm still friends with him despite the furshit. I left because FO4 is genuinely a garbage game and I didn't want to work on it anymore. Despite the objectively superior engine and gameplay.

Sounds like the issue was a mesh overlapping another - especially if it was a skeleton. The correct skeleton was being overwritten by another one, making the follower incompatible and breaking the mod.

In MO, mouse over your skeleton mod to see what mods it overlaps. They'll be highlighted in red.

Eh it was alright.

Atleast it's working now. Skyrim just werks user.

There is no red highlight, only two green ones. One in Dawnguard and one in the unnoficial patch.

The only skeleton mod I use is XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extender, I think.

b-but what if it happens again on a random location ;_;

wampire buttes

Now this is a terrible waifu.

Sumanai. :(

You're a terrible waifu.

See this is where you're trying too hard to fit in. You don't have to shit on Cumtears, most people just ignore him.

Rip and tear

Impersonation is pathetic.

>ask /fog/ about Kos
>nobody has heard of him

Screw you, leatherman.

Not me, that's some samefagging. I don't even know who Cumtears is.

Im not sure user, I had a corrupted nif error before. I couldn't pin what was causing it.

I had to backup to a previous install of Skyrim. Mods and all.

I know, you shouldn't worry abut me getting angry at you or something. :)

>I don't even know who Cumtears is.
>The frekled redhead loli freaks me out though, she looks creepy as hell.

Yeah sure. Nevermind, I should have known. Once a shitposter always a shitposter.

Some people have, some people haven't. That's the way it always is. Who cares, really.

Is that cumtears? All I know is I see the readhead loli spammed a lot, I don't know the guy's name. Or at least never paid attention to that shit much.

Worked through a lot of it.
Damn, she attack.

There are a bunch of freckled red heads be more specific

To be fair, it seems that I never get a neutral or average feedback whenever I show her face.

Either people think that she's the cutest cinnamon roll in existence, or she's a creepy gremlin who will diddle you when you're asleep.

What are some nice Tattoo mod packs that aren't KJ, Thehag, and Coenaculi.

I didn't know Skyrim had Halflings.

They're called bretons.

No, this is a Breton.

If it makes you feel any better, this user thinks she's average. Not amazing, but not a wretched pile or trash.

Bretons gotta stick together, punks

No, THIS is a breton.

Why does she have poop in her hair? Fucking forsworn.

Is this like project some Imperials took on trying to see if they can civilizes the savage Breton?

*uses Detect Virgin spell on her*

Thanks!

>No, THIS is a breton.

I agree, totally would watch my back around this guy least I find a dagger in it.

>Why does she have poop in her hair? Fucking forsworn.

A Hag told her it would give her great prowess when fighting Nords.

She looks more bored than curious

>least I find a dagger in it

Naw, he'll just toss a alchemical bomb at you.

>I didn't leave /fog/ because of Buff
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/178962994/#178998341
>/fog/ has become Buffscale's personal imageboard, so I figure I'd try some Skyrim modding with SE out and all.
Your own words.

She is supposed to be a bit awkward.

I assume the multiplayer mod is still poopy garbage?

For Skyrim? Yes, I think it's dead.

Unless you mean that Morrowind multiplayer mod, apparently that is doing well.

That kid has good sense in fashion.

You do know what a joke is, right? Buff doesn't even post very offensive content anymore.

Buffquad is the real issue.

I dunno how to feel about the cat ears though. Why do people try and make cat girls when there are just canonical Khajit?

You're the savage here, chum.
I don't trust that grin.
Yes, it's been largely abandoned. Do you want to play vanilla online anyway anymore?

Anime-type cat girls are canon IIRC, and they're called the Ohmes-Raht, which is a variant of Khajiit.

What's not to trust?

Ohmes Raht have fur, though.

Ohmes are the ones without fur, but are said to resemble Mer, not men.

Umm... Which one is the real Kos?