Mazda

I just bought a 2016 Mazda6. Base trim, three pedals, 12k miles, color pictured. It's comfy and kinda fun to drive. Wanted something I could keep for a while. H-how did I do Veeky Forums?

If you need anonymous posters on an image board to validate your car purchases, you need to rethink your life.
At least you didn't but a Camry.

The whole of IDH is now angry at you.

Receive your punishment

They're pretty nice. You did good.

I don't -need- to but it's nice

Thinking about putting in some suspension mods. Rear anti-roll bar seems an appropriate place to start. Is the CorkSport unit the best available?

>he thinks there's a good well-known aftermarket for a car that came out a year ago.
Sit on it for a couple more years

Always liked the Mazda 6, nice looking and a good interior as well, can't say I can tell you about reliability and such but still, doesn't seem like a bad purchase at all

Looks even better lowered though (maybe two inches), just throwing that in there although from a performance standpoint you'll be way better off with the anti roll bar you mentioned

The car came out in 2014 my dude, most of the mods that make sense for this car (i.e. suspension upgrades) have already been produced.

Hopefully the 7 year CPO powertrain warranty will take care of me while I save up for a sports car, lol. I'm leaning toward putting on 18x8 wheels (base model sits on 17x7, 19x7 is available on higher trims) and lowering springs to get it a little more flush and reduce some of the wheel gap.

a comfy choice
good stuff

>buying a shitty midsize sedan
>wasting money modding it
should've just bought a manual g37 sedan faggot.

>"shitty" sedan
>one of the safest vehicles on the road despite its low price point
>rated 34mpg highway, 24mg city for the manual

The Mazda is better than the Infiniti. Its safer and gets better mileage which is what matters for commuting. The Infinity's interior is dated and trashy too.

>caring about safety
nigga why are you even here, go home normie

Not everyone wants to die in their shitbox.

>not dying doing the thing you love in the car you love
shouldve just bought a camry

I've been putting more thought into buying one since they announced a turbo 4 in the newer models. I still wish it was a 6, and the lack of manual with the turbo 4 and rwd is disappointing, but it seems like the best of the normie sedans.

Manual or not 250hp with decent mileage is hard to ignore. The interior in the new model year looks really sexy.

Who wouldn't want to die in this shitbox

Yeah, the manual's not a deal breaker by any means. For what it's supposed to be, I thought it had everything going in its favor except for the weak engine, and now that's fixed.

why mod it if its just a commuter?

Because commuting can still be fun when you're not in bumper to bumper traffic.

there is no fun to be had in a FWD econobox m8.

Thats just nonsense. Car and Drive says the 0-60 time is 7 seconds for the current model year Mazda 6, not exactly the slowest thing around. Its pretty respectable for a non sports car.
The updated model has 66hp more and 125ft/lbs more torque. That sounds like tons of fun to me.

>muh 0-60

Oh user, you will learn the hard way.

>this valid metric all of a sudden doesn't matter because its being used in a way I don't like!
Cute. Its not sluggish off the line, and nothing with 310ft/lbs is going to be struggling to pass at highway speeds.

have fun taking the kids to soccer

you're objectively wrong.

Why didn't you get the new Camry with the v6?
Mazda junk is slow and uninspired.

The V6 Camry starts at 34K~

my Fist is fun as fuck

You did good OP.

Veeky Forums hates cars normal humans drive

I own a 2008 mazda 6i 2.3L.

Sorry about your choice. The car breaks down after 100,000 miles.

Won't the newer models with the turbo 4 keep up with the v6 Camry now?
I would have held out for that one.

an accord is way better

Should've just bought a dorito if you were gonna go mazda.

Maybe he wanted something that would last longer than120k miles at the very most before a rebuild.

He shouldnt have bought a 6 then, you can also just buy an S2 RX8, not be retarded and get 150k+ out of it easily.

kys poorfag. it's a shit decision. who cares mpg and safety?

IDH is cancer