New Saleen Sports car

>450hp
>4 cylinder
>3.5s to 60
>180mph top speed
>$100k price tag

What does Veeky Forums think of the Saleen S1?
carscoops.com/2017/11/2018-saleen-s1-revealed-with-450-hp-180.html

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/2019-saleen-1-first-look-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ugly

It's a 10-year old german car rebranded as a saleen

That 4 cylinder will make it a no-go for its target consumer no matter how good it is.

>6spd manual
THANK YOU SALEEN!

To clarify: it's an Artega GT.

hp
cylinder

should have twincharged it to have some real fun.

it looks too much like a corvette

its just so bla looking couldnt they have tried something that isnt very aerodynamic and just compensate for that with more HP?

Thinking like a true American

That looks like a bootleg 4C

YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR

>That looks like a bootleg 4C
It's older though.

And even that is an improvement over American engineering.

It's made in China by the way. Is that still better?

>american
>4 cylinder

What are they smoking?

It's 2600 pounds, relax

>this car
>american

Porsche did it better.

Would be a good Cayman competitor if it was 20k cheaper, but I could never spend 100k on a 4cyl unless it was some insane twincharged unit.

I'd rather a Dallara Stradale.

>100k for a fucking 4banger
I don’t care how light it is, there’s no justification for this.

How did they go from pic related to that?

Looks comfy

I didn't even know Saleen was still in business

After seeing this i kinda wish they just went defunct.

>slower than a Stinger
Nah, I'll pass.

those generic AVG buttons tho

I meant VAG of course

motortrend.com/news/2019-saleen-1-first-look-review/
>Steve Saleen is again poised to begin applying his name to a brand-new car—one with what is described as an all-new body and mid-engine chassis

>The original plan for the car was to purchase the tooling and rights to the defunct German Artega GT two-seat grand tourer. That car had been powered by a 3.6-liter Volkswagen Group VR6 engine, but apparently adapting the Artega to suit the four-cylinder engine and to meet modern Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards proved too difficult, so a scratch-built car was designed.

People actually believe this. Lol.

>turbocharged 2.5l with 450 hp
>only 350 ft lbs of torque

Does that mean it will rev like a naturally aspirated car

>make fun baby supercar with a 6 speed manual that is great on a road course and fun in the twisties
>nobody will buy it because normalfags care about MUH 0-60 and can't appreciate a 1200kg curb weight

>You will never ever own an S7

That Jaguar c-X75 thing would have driven you up a fucking wall if it were produced

>3.5s 0-600

I mean it ins't all bad I guess.

I'd probably end up killing my self with it so it's probably for the better in my case.

Who cares??? You dumb niggers can't even afford the bus.

Whats the appeal of a 4 cyl. 450HP Saleen?

Just get a 6-speed mustang GT or perhaps some even a Porche 911.

At least you'll die in an anecdote

Well yeah to get a bus where I live I'd have to buy the damn thing and get a CDL, and then go though the process of starting a bus company.

A bit of a hastle.

t.living in the sticks

f-fast!

Those are the headlights off the ford gt

>each wheel has its own electric motor
>each motor is recharged by a small diesel engine
Besides the inconvenience of needing both diesel and electricity, it actually seems okay. I love smooth sounding engines though and it probably sounded like shit.

>450hp in a 4cyl
Doesnt matter what kind of quality control went into the internals of that engine, its not going to last. No way you can reliably squeeze out that much power out of a 4cylinder engine of that displacement. Should have gone with a V10 or an I6 for the prestige of it. 450hp is nothing impressive, at least have a novelty engine.

100k for a renewed artega gt with a performance level of cayman is so fucking shit

but man that ass alone is enough to make up for the ridiculous performance and price tag. I see a hint of 911 GT1 there

looks like shit for 100k

>100k
>made in CHYnuh
This is why they should've quietly went bankrupt and faded away peacefully. they could've been known as that cool tuner company that once existed to make mustangs less slow shit in an era of slow shitboxes that went on to produce an unloved super car of the 2000s but nope... they china now... THEY FUCKING CHINA NOW!!!

remember pic related? it was a placeholder for the serious mustang Ford wouldn't build at the height of the retro craze in the mid 2000s that could handle much better and put its power down better than regular mustangs. wasn't until 2011 that we'd receive a serious mustang from Ford again after the early 2000s Cobra cars and after that Saleen simply wasn't needed since mustangs are good enough out the factory why even go to a tuner?

>believes that Korea can build a car

>4 cylinders
Dropped

This is better performance than the NSX or GTR, it will set laptimes

A Camaro is faster than those, of course it'll be faster

It's has to be faster than the camaro r-right? Doesn't the zl1 Wright almost 4k pounds?

i-is that a stick?

Does it look like one?

You forgot about that Tesla they made.

Patrician

Poor choice

no, nobody will buy this unproven car from an unreliable and dead brand because for the money you can get -
a used 911
a new Caymen S
BMW M4
Jaguar F type
Corvette
Lotus Evora
Mustang GT350

Why would anyone pick this thing over any of those

>Jaguar c-X75
Why am i only just learning about this, it looks fucking awesome.
Like a good I8

Except this is literally that car and they did buy the tooling
And just look at the pictures. It's the exact same car.

Every 5 or 10 years, saleen tries to enter the supercar market. The fact of the matter is, by definition, a supercar has to come from europe.
All the "supercars" from japan or america-- regardless of whether the outperform their european counterparts-- have never had the same cache and have always seen as b or c tier.

When japan sticks to being japan (ie, GTR, etc...) and america sticks to being america (viper, etc...) sales work out well for them. When they try to be europe, they just end up looking like hyundai/kia/genesis.

It looks like it was designed 10 years ago