/tfg/ - Titanfall General

*teleports behind u* edition

>Lewds
tfgbooru.booru.org/index.php

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Wargames Patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13044/the-war-games-patch-notes/p1?new=1
Full Wargames patch notes (including the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/yq3ekHy.png
FNN 16: ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-16

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tfgeneral.com
youtu.be/K71SrKbiRx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgot the Doomed Thread:

second for old memes

third for finally got around to finishing gen 21 on the best titan

>tfw have ogrebros at G20+ each and everyone else less than G2
>tfw I'm horriboe at playing any titan that isn't scorch or legion

It's a good kind of feel

i'll swap u NS tips for thiccboi tips

i really enjoy both the ogre chassis titans but i'm pretty mediocre at them.

Who in the fuck is taking
tfgeneral.com
out of the OP?

domain expired, i heard. idk who's in charge of renewing it, but a couple threads back an user was reminding future OP's of the expiration

>Still no teather buffs

I wonder if respawn genuinely believes that teather is on par with everything else. I mean northstar would be good even without abilities becuase railgun on a strider is strong if you're not a retard, but come on respawn.

Voodoo 1, Viper's on station.
Your journey ends here, Pilot.
The skies belong to me.
Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

We'll have fun, with no frustration.
Let us have good cheer, Titan
Titanfall General
Has taken me for a nice ride.

I reckon if you ask them and spell it right they'll start listening
T-E-T-H-E-R
It's written in game for fucks sake

So it is, huh.

at this point i've just accepted that they'll never do anything about it, and just play around what it can and can't do.

Just having two charges would be nice. Oh, and remove the fucking arm time.

So mechs are normally the replacement for tanks in these kind of settings right, and it's clear that jet fighters and the like are still a thing in the titan fall universe. So why are pilots called pilots?

Legion
>long range mode uses 2 bullets/ shot, so stick at close range mode whenever possible as you'll be putting out twice as much damage overall
>shotgun powershot deletes infantry caught in its blast
>long range powershot is basically a railgun shot, so use it like that
>hold your ADS button to try amd ready predator cannon while/ before going round a corner (this sounds basic but I've seen those missed seconds of fire be the difference in winning or losing engagements).
>try and save a smart core activation for when you're nearing the end of a magazine. You'll get your 100 rounds then the infinite ammo provided by smart core to keep firing without reload for ten, twenty seconds at a time.
>when going into smart core, try and get into long range mode as LR's ammo penalty doesn't matter with bottomless clip
>smart core drains scorch/ ion shields very quickly. Just keep the trigger held down while in core.
>when playing Legion, just keep pushing forward and forcing the enemy lines back. If a Tone sets up with a particle wall, push their shit in. Legion is a tank and excels at forcing people back. However, he can get overwhelmed quickly so try and stick with a good teammate for support.

I like to run Legion with dash and hidden compartment. The latter especially as powershot is monstrous and is key in fighting Ronin or Monarch players - the sheer volume of damage and knockback are very valuable. Smart core is your best asset, however, so I could see an argument for Overcore and Sensor Arrays to get core back faster and have core last longer.

I'll reply to this post in a bit with my Scorch stuff. I just have some stuff to do first.

A pilot is a driver that does anything more than driving, i.e. shooting, and is piloting a small vehicle (as opposed to boats and large spaceships).
So both shuttles and titans have pilots.

>playing slow fat crap
Strider is objectively the best frame and too bad we cannot have strider ion or strider monarch

>double tether and viper thrusters become standard
>VTOL on a fuel system instead of CD-based
>direct cluster missile impacts will stick to titans
>reduce cluster missile damage to titans to compensate
>new kit, Viper Salvo: reduce the number of flight core missiles, but they behave like acolyte pod lock missiles

if only...

you'd have to do something to make her not obnoxious as fuck in LTS and titan brawl though. maybe decrease railgun magazine size and increase reload time, to punish those shitter northstars who miss half the mag before getting anything done.

yo i know this is kinda old, but can somebody put my smoit pistol on the booru? i was just flipping through the new ogre chassis lewds when i noticed that my viper helmet and data knife were on the booru but not my OI pistol. thanks in advance

its a booru, you can do it yourself
thats the point

Northstar
>you're not a sniper. you're a midrange flanker/brawler who has access to more terrain usage options than any other titan, so map knowledge is more important on NS than any other titan.
>learn where all the cheesey keyhole shots are on all the maps. just fire single poking shots through them and immediately move to confuse enemy titan lines
>you can dash in midair towards the end of your VTOL, not often useful but sometimes it is
>balance quality of shot with quantity of shots; getting two half-charge shots off is preferable to waiting too long to get full charge and getting no shots off
>you probably know the trick, but you can cluster missile a wall and turn your back to the cluster to kill an enemy rodeo
>if you can manage to save up two smoke charges (or just run the double smoke kit), you can play insane mindgames with smoke, VTOL, and flight core.
>viper thrusters is best kit for aggressive play, lets you fly at sanic speed compared to standard thrusters. you need some momentum before you lift off, though, or it won't make much difference. dashing into VTOL/flight core should become a habit.
>double tether or threat optics if you're a pussy bitch who can't position or can't see properly
>railgun projectile size starts off small but expands to something like 2.5x size at longer ranges, so just plink at distant pilots without aiming as much
>fully charged railgun shot has significant knockback, so weigh knockback vs dps when you're getting bullrushed (and don't push scorches or ronins into your teammates when you're flanking)
>it's better to plan your trap usage ahead of time, but if you have to use them in the heat of the moment, throw them exactly where you'd throw scorch gas cans. the goal isn't just movement restriction, it's disorientation and confusion.

i THINK that about covers the important stuff that took me a long-ish time to learn about NS

oh

Does piercing shot work through allies or it's for enemies only?

Melee secondary when?

what

i HEARD it went through allies but i feel like it doesn't

I poised a rhetorical question to the readers of this thread asking at what point in time the developers of the game Titanfall 2 are going to implement a weapon to the game that is designed for hand-to-hand combat and can be equipped to the secondary weapon slot during the multiplayer portion of the game.

melee is already better than pistols

Yeah, but I want it to be a viable playstyle in its own.

We are supposedly getting a blade tacticool in FD

>viable playstyle in its own.
Is this bait? Melee is currently the most OP weapon

>co-op
Then nerf it and make a melee secondary.
Would probably need some defensive properties so it's not getting reckt by anyone that doesn't come around a corner right now.

To the people who said BT only put Cooper's life at risk because Protocol 2 takes priority over Protocol 3, explain pic related.

frothysemen 40 melee kills video

>That autistic weeb defending FLAC in the last thread
Even /g/ makes fun of people who idolize FLAC, get a fucking clue kiddo lmao

I wasn't here last thread but what debate about FLAC is there? It's a free lossless format, which is pretty cool in my honest opinion.

TL;DR: people overestimate how much it actually changes audio quality.

Autists unironically pretend they hear a big difference between flac and high bitrate in not engineered environment

The change in audio quality isn't dictated by the FLAC format, which, since it is lossless, will always be source quality. How big the quality improvement actually is will always be based on how much loss there is in the lossy format used in comparison.
You can hear it quite clearly when using studio grade headphones. I know many people claim that it's just placebo, so I was interested in testing that out and put 320kbps mp3 and .flac versions of my songs in my playlist and I could correctly tell which one I was listening to in about 90% of the cases.

>studio grade headphones.
Yeah that's what i'm talking about, who unironically wears studio grade headphones with a special music player everywhere or listens to music only at home?

So we are over half way through the month, should be getting info on the next content drop soon right?

same fucking date every month buddy. we've got another week to go at the very least.

>who unironically wears studio grade headphones with a special music player everywhere or listens to music only at home?
>moving the goalpost
I thought the discussion is about whether or not there's a noticeable improvement in audio quality when using .flac over .mp3 and not whether or not people use good headphones. Sure with 5 dollar in-ears you can probably use 128kbps .mp3 and won't notice a difference when comparing to .flac.
First of all, you don't need a "special music player" whatever that may be to listen to .flac. Anything that isn't utter trash will be able to play it.
If you're using good headphones and have the space then .flac is the best option. Period.
I use .flac at home and .mp3 on the go since when I'm outside there's going to be noise anyway so the nuances are lost no matter what format is used.

What dates that?

Drop is on the last tuesday of the month (25th of July) and FNN usually on the friday before that (21st of July)

Cheers mate.

The point is that in order to listen to the difference between FLAC and other formats is that you need to buy studio grade shit.
Paying money to listen to music that's only marginally better is autistic as fuck.

It's the same as investing in a better GPU to have better visuals in your games while costing much less. Sure you could say that that's autistic too, but then we wouldn't be going anywhere.

A GPU offers much more functionality over headphones that make your audio sound a little bit better.

>A GPU offers much more functionality over headphones
Most people use GPUs for one thing alone and that is to get better visual fidelity in their games. Studio grade headphones also have other uses (hence the name), but most people also just use them to get better fidelity in their private enjoyment of audio. There really isn't much of a difference. Another comparison would be buying a 1080p screen instead of a 720p one. And like I said, upgrading to good headphones is much cheaper than getting a new GPU. Most people would only have to pay like 50-100 bucks more for studio grade headphones, which is my opinion is definitely worth it alone for the added audio quality, not even considering .flac.

You can just go ahead and say that you value audio quality less than video quality. I'm sure no one is going to hate you for it, but at least be aware that that's what it really is.

I wish ther was a pilot version of the plasma railgun, sure the kraber is functionally similar, but the sound of the charge, the animations, and the trail it leaves are all just so satisfying.

never ever, best you're gonna get is charge rifle

GPUs can also be used for rendering and complex 3D applications that require better than onboard hardware too. Don't pretend it has less use than specialized headphones.

Did you even read my post?
I said most people don't use it for more than visual fidelity, not that it doesn't have other uses. Both studio grade headphones and GPUs have uses other than what they're mainly used for by people.
But, sure go ahead and ignore the rest of my argument.
How about buying a 1080p screen over a 720p one? Surely that's autistic as fuck though, right?

>Comparing resolution to audio bitrate
You'd have a point if you compared it to video bitrate quality/artifact; you know, the actual counterpart.

A high quality encoded video will look nice in both 720 and 1080. Can't say the same about FLAC in any kind of headphones if not for studio grade.

There's a billion things you can compare these two with, but the point remains the same.
Improvement in quality costs money and paying for better quality in audio is in no way more autistic than paying for it in video.
The point being? I wasn't arguing against high bitrates. Just because the quality of video display devices is generally higher than that of headphones doesn't mean the quality doesn't get better with a lossless format and that people can't enjoy that higher quality if they're willing to invest in their experience.
Considering there's actually many people that >pay for music, I'd say it's pretty reasonable from their perspective to pay a few bucks to get better quality out of all of their purchases.

>Just because the quality of video display devices is generally higher than that of headphones
This so much. Headphones are stuck in the literal 80s.

nothing wrong with that

Sure, if feeling the need to buy more hardware for something as trivial as music sounds reasonable to you. Theres a reason most people don't bother.

>Still arguing about audio

Fuck this. What do you lads want from the next titan (if there is one) to be released?

youtu.be/K71SrKbiRx4

Not sure if this wasn't posted already

strider chassis and the missing 4 rocket launcher

Lame execution for a lame tactical.

>tfw the data mined stuff ages ago mentioned an arc gun strider
>If we get that then the quad rocket will be stuck on an ogre

It'll be scorch all over again. Close range titan with no mobility.

This is what I was saying from the beginning.
You don't care about audio as much as video quality and that's all.
If you had just admitted from the beginning that you're only talking about your personal taste then we could have spared us this whole internet argument.

>arc gun strider
won't that shit be OP as hell so we'll have best close range titan, best long range titan and now best medium range titan

Legion and ion are better at long range than northstar.

>Legion
no

Sit a legion and a northstar at opposite ends of homestead and see who drops first.

Never had trouble blasting their fat asses as long as i have sufficient cover to peek from
But maybe in le pro play legions stop sucking so who knows

Most legion players do suck. If they play it right they get to fire their own slightly weaker rail gun shot every time you fire, yet can also use accurate hit scan in between. They also get to eat a shot for free with the shield.

I just feel like I'm wasting too much time if I'm sniping at really long range as northstar, it's too easy to miss.

>tf1
>thrown by a titan not even that far
>ded
>tf2
>thrown by a titan far away
>not ded, an integral part of SP campaign
Is Cooper a superman or something

Man-throwing technology just wasn't that advanced back then.

What do you mean? BT attempted to kill the hostiles in the area, y'know, the people who were trying to steal it in the first place?
The militia were already advancing on the area, so he most likely assumed that given the death of the closest enemies, the ark would be retrieved shortly.

Or you know, he was broken to SHIT

It he didn't give a fuck about Cooper he wouldn't try to save him in a first place

I'm not saying he didn't care, but it was a scenario where both protocols could be fulfilled.
The halting of his pilot's death, and a distraction long enough to try and destroy Blisk along with his goons. Which ultimately failed of course.

Are gift executions rare rewards from gifts or you must play coliseum or shit to get those?

They can randomly drop from advocate gifts from any source. A gift is a gift, it doesn't matter where it comes from.

>They did make it an AMPED FIST
discarded. I now dread all the people using A-Wall to get the new execution.

Rare af from any advocate gift. You'd be better off just putting 300 credits to it.

>bosses in SP open the cockpit and brag around
>you cannot just shoot them ded and save time

>Make is so Tether's automatically have a cluster missile effect on them when they are triggered

Just thinking about it makes me erect

>dreading pilots that stay very still
Sounds slow

Speed bumps don't move, yet they are the very enemy of fast

>what if gandalf just got the giant eagles to fly to mount doom

You're worrying about what's on the ground. Again sounds slow.
Why don't Bond villains just shoot him while he's trapped?

It still pains me greatly that they do retarded stuff and i must stand and listen to their bullshit. At least most bosses can and should be executed to get a revenge

C'mon user, nearly all books, videogames, movies, and TV shows do this.
You know exactly why you don't shoot them dead instantly.

Respawn are doing a Q&A on rddt this wednesday.

Equip grav star and rip them from behind their safety nets, or throw satchels or frags over. Or softball/cold war. You can also run grapple and spiderman around the fuckers and get an execution. A-Wall is no threat and never has been. Even if they get you once the moment you respawn you know exactly how to rape them, and usually can before their tactical even runs out.

It's still annoying though

>BT crushes Ash to bits in his hand
>She still comes back

>10 Generation Titan pilot holding a Flatline during the attack on Demeter

She's a robot though and can be rebuilt

>There's a desk drawer somewhere with 7 Ash backups to plug into Simulacrums

The amount of Transhumanism shit going on in the Titanfall universe really makes you ponder

Nigga she a robot

And she didn't keep her memories from Typhon, she is now a Vinson Dynamics asset

I still wonder why they don't do the same to titans