it only takes one picture

?

>No Day edition
More like no Murph edition because I'm never here anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=KUX30kkjHiM

Cats live off the road!

Bump

Where is everybody?

Can anyone share their opinion on the reliability of Ford 5.0 and 5.8 V8 reliability, as used in Broncos and F-series pickups?

How about Chevy 305 and 350, as used in Blazers and C/Ks?

fuck yea, suzukis

thazizneat

Can you fags build a sticky for this general?

Is the Z71 package a meme?

yes

i think murphy or tay normally does that but they haven't been around (as the name suggests)

name?

Got my lightbar finally working and it's gr8, I got another cheap small 6" one a while ago and am considering putting it up on the roof rack pointing diagonally to the left so it can highlight any potential roos and emus hiding in the bushes waiting to jump out in front of me. Anyone got a LED rooftop installation here? Wondering what it would cost to have it properly done with the hole cut in the roof and the wiring all tucked into the pillars etc.

Tayfag is out crooning some grill or dreaming of a Briggs and Stratton powered Peterbilt.
Murphy fell of the earth as self proclaimed.
Burbalade disappeared into another dimension long ago.
Mightybenz is busy rescuing stranded tourists or cock washing Scandinavian style.
1st gen Ram guy is busy wrenching on his basket cases while bragging about quantity over quality and hating anything not domestic.
squarebody Burb guy is busy parking on a rock for a "fullysik fleks foto" and hating anything not GM.
The XJ guys are either testing out their Nurrburrgriing racing shocks or posting shop cat pics.
BLG is busy buying ALL the Landcruisers.
Crownon hasn't changed a bit.

Basically, everyone here fittingly has a life over the weekend and for the most part is /out/.

HNNNG

What should I do with the extra space in my extended cab? I'm leaning towards a ladder rack + RTT for the bed, low profile tool box in bed for power tools, rest of bed space for generator etc.

I was considered building a short custom drawer kit for 2/3 of the extended cab and food storage/cooler on top while the other 1/3 can be for my doggo (she won't be able to get in the RTT).

Other ideas? Pic related is doggo

my 305s and 350s ran damn near bombproof. Only problem was the old quadrajet carburetors and holleys I tried. edelbrock is the way to go on those.

what sort of truck have you got? It's pretty common here for a full had canopy deckout including draws, fridge/cooler slide and a few separate compartments for cooking, clothing and recovery gear, but it sounds as though you've got a small welding/general trade rig that needs space. Does your extended cab have suicide full opening doors? A draw made to extend with full opening would be convenient.
For the rack I'd obviously make space for the RTT down the back to open over the tail gate, this would give a little shelter for cooking and stuff down near the tailgate while using the front of the rack for solar panel setup that can be moved to store other light stuff like clothes.

Short box F150, I wish they were suicide doors. I'm thinking about DIYing the roof top rack so that when the RTT is mounted at the height of the cab which I can't get with a canopy. I'm just trying to get more storage space. I like to keep my tools mobile because we own two properties and it's not worth it to have multiple tools sets

WELL, IT'S A DRAG I KNOW
BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE PLACE TO GO-OO
BABY, THAT'S WHERE I COME FROM
I'M COMIN' HO-OME!

I almost thought you were going to leave me out, though I didn't post Paul in this thread that was a copy.

Bump?

Trigger bump

FJ Cruiser or Tacoma?

2016 4runner

Anything but that disgusting looking shitheap.

youtube.com/watch?v=8DNz6qlvkZ4

fj pooper for sure
unless you haul dead bodies

well then who are you, user?
and why aren't you taking your trug out innawoods?

>tfw crowboon has more of a life than me
WHY EVEN LIVE

Between famalam and work commitments, no time... I mentioned last thread work is about as offroadan as I've been the last 12 months. Just doing my bit to keep the thread bumped over the weekend while you guys have a life :D
Depends what you want out of it. FJ might be a reasonable investment in the sense they don't depreciate, but it also means you'd have to look after it.
blue 2016 4runner*
Life is suffering

Went camping from Thursday and just got home.
Figured I'd share a few pics.

Not in any particular order. But was overall a fun time.

Gotta love that fresh mountain air

Nice site to set up next to a lil river

Only wild animals we had around were some turkeys. Pretty quiet otherwise

It was even pretty while getting more firewood

Comfy af

Only one to get stuck was my buddy in his Bronco. Even better, it was in a parking area off the trail

More pretty spam

Bby trying to flex

Like a boss

Walked a few trails to enjoy nature n shit as well

Took a random road and got to a old 1700s graveyard. Pretty spoopy

Last bit of spam I feel like posting for now. Enjoy!

Thanks for the pics m8, hope you had fun.

sweet pics man
do you have pics of the graveyard

It was pretty relaxing. Gonna hit up more trails when it's warmer. Do more camping and wheeling

Got a few

There were older ones. But they were so weathered it was hard to read anything if at all

how so? I saw an Avalanche (lol) today with a Z66 package. I've never seen Z66 on another vehicle.

Tacoma for dogs and chicks and guns and other cool shit.

I camped in MTNF this weekend. Had great weather. First trip out in my recently acquired Tacoma. I love camping in December.

what are some good cheap ish vehicles that have decent head and legroom, xjs my head touches the cieling, currntly driving an older ford explorer, and its great in terms of headroom and legroom, But only 2wd currently would be perfect little offroad rig if it had 4wd

I'm building a Taco online and the base SR package in 4x4 doesn't come with the locking diffs? Apparently you have to get the +$8k TRD Off Road package to get the locking diff

Why do they do this

Bilsteins approved. Would recommend/10

My experience is with Landcruisers and Monteros, and Bilsteins are also generally regarded as the best you can buy too.
...2nd gen Montero has headroom for days, but you'd have to sit in one and make your own mind up about leg room. They're not bad for leg room, definitely better than an XJ, probably on par with a 2nd gen Explorer.

I don't know. 4x2 has rear locker. And, in the past, OR was more expensive than Sport. Now, I believe "base" for each is the same, so worth it to get the OR, even though I see way more third gen Sports out and about than ORs.

noice

How does a north american "full sized pickup" handle offroad? does it come with lockers like the 79?

I wonder why toyota didn't just offer the 79 there and had to make such a large pickup

Different markets with different demands. North American market doesn't really require a sub fullsize severe duty pickup like a 70 series Landcruiser.

Regulation and Protectionism

Tacoma isn't a full size

Yeee! I also just took my tacoma out on our first camping trip.

Any good wheeling out your way?

why did he get stuck; what did the bronco lack that the others had?

what mountains?

Just backed into a rock not paying attention and the ground was soft.
He also he the least amount of clearance out of us

Blue ridge

first gen rams have leg and head room for days and wont break the bank. square body fords are pretty roomie too and plentiful

im 6'1", and believe it or not, I found my Samurai to be quite roomy

Bump

I just don't see why u have to pay 8k for a fucking rear locker. 24k on a new base taco is doable but 32k+? Nahhh

buy the vehicle. put in ARB locker for $3k

still a better idea than paying 8k for a rear logger

Planning a workcation in Portugal over New Years. Could fly into Barcelona and go into the Andorran hills with this:

Should i do it, /org/?
socialcar.com/en/rent/4x4/barcelona/toyota-land-cruiser-90-1/10724

What exactly is the Land Cruiser "90"

Fuck yes, Barcelona has great cuisine and the best women, and the men are handsome if that's what you're into.

in fairness you get more with the trd off road package than just a rear locker.
i agree with your overall point though.

just like the other guy said though, just get the base and then put an after market locker in the rear. aussie/spartan/detroit are all great options for super cheap.

Does anyone here know much about Nissan TD42s? I have a GQ silvertop and my tacho stopped working. I am wondering where to look first.

guys where's the starter
what side?
left hand drive. fj60. 2H. A440f

>What exactly is the Land Cruiser "90"
I imagine it refers to the medium size second generation "J90" Prado.
Tachometer is read off the fuel pump.

From memory it's on the intake side of the engine with the 1Hx and 2H motors.

can you spot it from this pictire?

Not if it's where I remember it under the intake manifold. Should be accessible from under the car... Unless it's a trick question?

no i'm so fucking drunk right now and need to figure out this engnie swaoop spsecifics

i need starter bwellhousing ting to tbe on the passenger side or else i might have to get some custom fab made stuff work done or something

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Lol, thought it might have you. It should indeed be on the passenger side of a LHD vehicle. Are you trying to figure out the adaptability to the 1.9 Tdi?

yes. a bunch of random pieces of metal are on the driver's side of the ALHmotor so now the thing needs to be double checked with another thing with the starter of the tranny and can't be on the drivers it must beon t he passenger otherwise starter on the passenger will have to have like a custom made transfer box or something but we'll see

i'd get a haynes for an fj60 but i don't wanna

You should just save yourself the hassle with adapting and just lob in the 2H with a hi-flowed TD05 or CT26 :P

nigga i already bought three volkswagen jettas, cut two of them in half, reprogrammed in th computer, got the injectors made, and have the welder standing by ready to make the custom mounts and adapter plate

i'm too deep to pull out

also, wtf happened to /org/ original post. why is it so weird bare boned. shame on you guys. where are the rest of the posters. where's Mitsubishi Mt. Gay

at least crowboon is gone

You're actually talking to Shitsubishi Mt. Gay :P
I was beaten to the last couple thread headers, but if I can be bothered to catch it next time it'll probably be a "dude where's my starter motor" edition of ORG, with all the regular attendee updates outlined here

Also,
>computer
I know the TDi is a rotary fuel pump, but didn't realise it was electronically controlled. Learn something new everyday...

More like "we haven't seen taco in one of these threads in literal months"

Why swap an engine when you can swap your transmission to make your tacoma twice as capable as it ever would be otherwise

explain