Dealership Stories General

if anyone has wondered what working at a known-brand dealership is like i'll green text

> inter-office politics
> everyone hates everyone except the people in clans and cliques.
> all the departments are lazy and will never go out of their way to help you.

For example, if the service department has to assist the sales department, or the parts department, or the used car department or any combination thereof, they will likely not help at all, forget to help, or do the lowest quality work they can. because it doesnt effect their bottom line. Speaking of bottom line...
> never any money for new equipment, tools, services, or manpower because sales are down and it's always "the worst month"

> a lot of people are fucking. but its the ugly people.
> you will get ripped off. if you know by how much you're getting ripped off and overcharged you would never step foot into a stealership ever again.

> your parts are made in china. every single one of them. the romantic slogans about being built ford tough et al are memes. with the exception of European cars and engines.

> mechanics or "technicians" as they are called these days, are literally the most retarded people you will ever meet. how these mouthbreathers function is beyond me. they will also all get cancer and die slow painful deaths because they are too cool to wear PPE and love huffing exhaust all day long.

> the only way to advance your position is if somebody dies or leaves. but by then your soul is fucked up beyond repair and it doesnt even matter.

welcome to dealership stories general

I’m liking the concept user
>tell me about the first car you sold
>the worst car you sold
>and the dumbes customer you’ve ever met

sorry to disappoint but im not in sales. plenty of salesmen on Veeky Forums though i remember reading some funny shit.

i couldnt unironically sell anything at my job. Chrysler is dogshit

When salesfaggots tell the customer "let me go check" or "let me find the blah blah manager", where exactly do they go?

Is there a specific hiding room for them to just sit there and stare at a clock and waste time?

>Go into to dealership
>Come back out with no pants, an exploded anus,10 different types of STDS and a permanent limp.
>Got a new car at least

All sales shits cannot be trusted including OP. They go back there and bullshit and waste time. Sales is a bullshit job that only exists to help clueless retards. Note how no university offers sales classes, one does not get a sales degree. It's literally lies from start to finish, they also won't learn the company policies, software, or anything else "because I'm making money for the company"

> the only way to advance your position is if somebody dies or leaves.
I thought that was how most jobs worked, or maybe it's because I've never worked for a decent company.

What the hell does that have to do with the question

>they go back there to bullshit and waste time
they sit in the smoko room and turn the jug on

>leased a new car at least
ftfy

tfw i work at an actual honest, transparent dealership where no one is a lying piece of shit to coworkers or customers.

it's almost impossible to find a dealership like mine but they are out there.

corporate won't even let us sell cars above MSRP and only the rarest of models get sold at MSRP. every customer that walks in starts at invoice and can work down if they're really negotiating or have gotten a better price somewhere else.

finance doesn't dick people over and sell them crazy high rates, we always go for the lowest available rate per the customers credit.

Do not trust the sales shit, his job is to lie and jack you off for the commission. Buy used from a private party, go home.

lying here won't benefit me in any way whatsoever, as i'm not going to say where i work.

believe what you want, though. it's not like people don't have every reason in the world to trust dealerships. good ones do exist, though.

My question is are you able to stop the lie-filter when talking to friends and family

>be me
>stupid kid with no immediate money, no time to find car, and need one asap
>no choice but to go to a dealership
>go with stepfather and mom who has serious health issues
>she smokes pot because it's the only thing cheap enough as pain/nausea medicine for out broke asses
>after going through too many stealerships where they practiced selling more than anything car related find one with decent dealer
>has a CR-V which at the time filled everything I needed from a DD
>decide to buy it
>guy pitties my mom and marks it down a ton without me even asking
>about a week later have to go back for a reason I forget
>apparently my mom told him about medical issues last time we were there
>he straight up gives her some pot at the front door
>tfw Oregon

i don't lie to do my job, so there's no lie-filter to stop or whatever the fuck you're talking about.

I just started as an apprentice 2 weeks ago but it's a whole different world to the every make/model shop I came from. This place is oddball as it has multiple brands under 1 roof.

>brake services all day, recommended once a year and/or every 20 000 km with oil change packages
>mechanics don't make any money on tire repairs so they do temp. Plugs and only sell tires if customer has asked for condition, or stated on work order ex."cust. reports winters have vibration"
No shit their 10 years old and the belt shifted
>warranty work pays shit so mechanics will do other jobs and let a car take up a bay while parts come or other work is available
>2018 cars have pre-delivery inspections/service and even recalls for stupid shit like plastic buttons "bubbling"
>every shop team/management team is different
Ex. My manager gets owner to buy me and our mechanics lunch on Fridays, other brand in the same shop get bagels once a week and fight over them
>other dealers send our head tech, my supervisory mechanic the hard electrical diagnosis jobs they can't figure out
>on my 3 rd day I spend an hour tracing short from fuse box to harness, through firewall to a broken wire leading to a sidemarker
2 other shops tried and failed to find the problem
>my head tech gives me his extra snap on torque angle gauge as gift for helping him while he did work that pays
>Still it's not what you know, it's who you know
Also I love this fault finder

I work for an honest Honda dealership. I work in the shop. I've never worked for a better place.

I work at a dealership, all I do is fix DCS net problems, I can post my guide for 99% of problems if anyone here is sales at BMW/Mini

What caliber bullet is in the gun pointed at your head?

>Go to get car serviced
>They fucked up the mileage on report
>Told guy about it
>Basically was rude as fuck
>Inspection still has wrong mileage

never buying another honda ever

give up the fight bud

>worked at a dealership in LA county
Pajeet: "I want the Accord Touring for $27k out the door."
Salesman: "Sir the sticker price is around $32000 where are you getting these numbers?"
Pajeet: "My friend told me he got it from Proctor Honda for that price."
Salesman: "I've never heard of that dealership before, where is it located?"
Pajeet: "Florida
Salesman: "Why are you still here I'd fly there to get that kind of a deal!"

he fucked your mom and made her gag on his cock for the mark down and pot lmao

you are literally Forrest Gump

at least mommy loves you and got you a cheap car son

its some weird proprietary double-necked shit but its fukken big tho

your moms mental issues are from pot and there is no way psychotropics cost more than weed. weed is expensive

27 with all the tax and shit I can understand

bought my car at a used car dealership like this. was amazing. no pressure, reasonable haggleing, friendly actually happy people (not the fake happy that feels like someone talking to their boss)

just started in sales a few months ago, get nervous trying to remember all the shit im supposed to do, end up feeling like a failure when they drive away

>really didn't want to buy a new car, but ended up pushed into it by parents cause im spineless and I needed a car the same day
>seller won't leave me alone to just look at the cars
>seller won't shut the fuck up about his review
>have enough money to buy the car 100% but they still try and sell me it at some shitty rate for literally an hour straight
>parents just grin and nod like I'm getting a good deal while my wallet gets HIV
>try to sell bullshit 20$ sprays and shit for 500$
>seller texts me on my private phone weeks after buying the car for a review

You have to be the dimmest fucking retard to buy new from these kikes, and here I am.

Here in Israel, buying new car below MSRP is not possible I think. fucking jews
do you guys sale below MSRP even for new models that just came out?

dealership stories you say?

he never said mental issues

>work at small luxury brand dealership
>none of those problems ever
>all departments make money hand over fist
>no poorfag customers
>tons of special events for employees
>probably gonna have catfish for today's catered lunch
>allowed to just grab a lift and wrench on my own cars off the clock despite not even being a tech
>supervisor doesn't mind me sitting around on phone or laptop during downtime
>can stick around for as much overtime as I want
>mad discounts and bennies
Must suck to suck OP.

The king has returned!

do it I dare you

>weed is expensive
I'm from fucking Texas and I can get Colorado shit for $5/g. What timeline are you even in?

Protip; only go to locally owned stealerships. Check the "auto group" they're in. If they do tons of local charity work and events, go to the dealership and chat up some of the folks in service or parts, especially the dude chilling out in the warehouse. Ask how they get treated, what the employee perks are like. If he tells you its hard as hell to get fired and they put in an employee gym and daycare, it's probably okay to buy from them.

I feel more bad for you being poor. What are you pulling in 50k lmao?

pls LPG!

>Oh shit his company is better than mine and treats him great
>better call him poor!
I can't hear you over the sound of the squat rack in the employee gym.

By the way, it was catfish after all.

My wife works at a pretty big dealership as a front desk girl. Started off just answering phones and transferring to the right department but now she checks in cars handles paper work organises charts and shit and has gotten a huge raise basically being the presidents right hand. She was inschool for psychology but realized it's a bullshit major and wants to switch to Biz and go into sales as a career. What do? Is it even a good job?

What, sales? Half of my family got stupid rich selling insurance, another one sold multi-petabyte corporate storage systems, and the only outlier is the ER surgeon. All but the surgeon are retired and living in huge expensive houses doing whatever the fuck they please.

Yes, sales is a good fucking job.

if you are socially inclined

sales is for the "bydlo"

Sorry I meant auto sales like at that dealership she wants to transition to their sales dept. She sees all these hotshot sales guys at her job pulling in 9k a month (she processes payroll) and wants to be like them. She's very sociable and is quite pretty. Made a killing selling phones for radioshack before they went under

Oh, that's even better. I have a friend who went that route. Managed a cricket stand for his father in high school, used his connections through cricket to get spare parts and retail boxes for phones he would fix and sell on the side. Moved up to flipping cars on Craigslist and drove a BMW Z3 before he even graduated and then went on to be a real estate agent. Never went to college. Made oodles of money, never bothered to ask how much.

She should be fine.

So when I calculate my finances for buying a home I should just emotionally pretend were a single income house? Lol cuz that was how I thought it was. Not even count her salary towards our monthly income since it fluctuates

>weed is expensive
lol

Are you even typing out coherent thoughts right now
I have no idea what you are asking.

Phoneposting while watching live pd sorry

What I mean is so should I count on her to make any amount of cash that actually contributes to our monthly income then? Cuz when i calculated the budget initially I counted "auto sales" as more of a hobby then anything and not rely on that money for monthly bills since it's fickle and changes based on monthly performance

Don't be a tease. Bump for the Xmas stories i missed last year.

Any sales pro's here? I need tips on overcoming objectives and getting them inside you know the all scenarios throw me a bone

Used to work in a Hasidic Jew neighborhood. Boy Jews are no joke they will do literally ANYTHING to save money. They are next level hagglers and manipulators.

>salesmen lie therefore private party don't
Private sellers are the biggest liars you dip

Private sellers don't necessarily lie as part of their job, therefor they are generally worse at it

>go to Toyota dealership for 2JZ throttle body
>guy goes searching for the part
>asks what car
>Toyota Aristo
>says oh its JDM? cant help you
>say how about one for a 1998 Toyota Supra then
>says no
>fuck them

Nissan dealerships are way better on handling JDM vehicles apparently, Toyota hasnt been great unless i shut my mouth on what model it is

literally an easy fix. we fuck this up ALLLLLL the time at my dealer.
carfaxonline.com -> resources ,,, etc