Veeky Forums makes an anime

Veeky Forums makes an anime thread 2

What started as a simple thread quickly evolved into planning a comfy car-focused animu.

Here's what we know so far.
Name: Kawaii Kars Klub
Characters: S2K, FD, Supra, snek, et al
Everything else: ???

Post character and episode ideas (and, as usual, cute cars). Remember, every car is kawaii in its own way.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFvtEvpdNI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previously, on /kkk/:

>Miata has a high-pitched flamboyant voice. Always cheery, happy, and positive about everything. R34 is chad but the total bro kind of chad. S2k is obviously tsundere as fuck for R34, also really overconfident. WRX STi and Lancer Evo are constantly arguing and racing to beat eachother. Don't forget everyone's favorite, yandere MR2 AW11.

>chipper Supra and shy FD as our protagonists/dynamic duo
>S2k is tsundere for /ourguy/ R34
>STi and Evo are the douchebag bros
>Miata is the obnoxious kid and MR2 is yandere

>The mitsubishi/subaru pair should be antagonists since they can remember themselves, and get mad at other for telling them how similar they look like, but how they also lowkey like that.
>Also the soarer and the eunos cosmo are the recurring older sisters of the supra and the FD

>Civic should be the tryhard kid who really wants to hang with the sports cars, but is usually stuck with the econoboxes.

>Our central theme of kawaii can harvest much keks. I can totally see the first episode of Supra and FD coming up with the idea of Kawaii Kars Klub, and introducing all sorts of characters.

>Of course, but wasn't the idea to show other cars that there's kawaii inside all, no matter your make or model?

>I’m hoping that’s where this goes.

Also reposting the one full episode idea we got from a based user last thread.

>It is Father's Day or some other celebration, and we see all the cars hanging out with their predecessors, so we see the Supra with A70 and A80 together, FD and FC. Anyway they are going along this celebration and we see all the Mustangs, Skylines, and other established models together until the Supra and RX7 find Volt and Bolt quite sad for not having a predecessor, the protags cannot help them so they tell them they must have one and should ask Model S.
>Volt and Bolt sulk and slowly move towards him, Teslas are all together with the 1st-gen Roadster, Model S brushes both off saying it is uncommon for EVs to have predecessors and they should just deal with it. This just gets sadder until 1st-gen Roadster claiming he heard stories about a "silver and sleek" car when he was young and only had the letters "GM" on him, asking maybe they should ask others about that.
>I assume Corvettes would be the leaders of GM cars (could just replace with Camaros), so Volt and Bolt keep it up and go to the group of them and ask about "silver car", C5 comes forward saying that he is real and is the closest thing the two has for a predecessor, Volt and Bolt's happiness is cut short when C5 then goes on how "he disappeared without a trace when he got discontinued" and hasn't been in contact ever since.
>As Volt and Bolt continues sulking around, a 1st gen RAV4 EV says that he noticed that both two has been asking around about GM EV1 and says that he knew him and could offer them more information, they find out how EV1 acted like a more grounded and kinder Model S personality wise while still smug (this would be shown with flashbacks). After this they ask him what charging stations he used, RAV4 just gives them locations on a GPS and says that "he doesn't have the energy to keep up with you youngins" or different awful range joke.

>They go to the locations to find out they have either been removed, built over or upgraded to a modern standard, except one unkempt and old one on a road near a forest. Thinking that he would eventually have to come back, the two camp out there in the hopes that he would eventually have to come back. After a day or two, a bunch of offroaders finds the two in the cold and distressed at the old charging station offering them to tow them to a safer place. Volt and Bolt explain what they are trying to do and talk about EV1, after the physical description of him, they tell him the legends of a silver coupe roaming around the forest silently and that it might be him. Both very excited by this, ask them to help them do a search, they politely refuse and point them to a Hummer H1 who has been regularly conducting searches for him. Volt and Bolt gladly follow them to the H1, when they ask H1 why he has been searching for him, it cuts to another flashback of EV1 berating him (and H2?) for being everything bad in the world and ruining it and so for forth which then H1 responds with "just interested in legends" when the flashback ends.
>In the night of the search both of them get their cute little offroad tyres and maybe bullbars in a montage of them getting ready, the search goes uneventfully until a GMC Sierra in the party spots him. The chase goes on for a while but EV1 is actively escaping them via noise, realizing this Bolt, splits the party into groups chase him, the strategy works and they are able to get a good track of him, Bolt gets cocky and tries to follow a different path when they see a small log cabin/garage that EV1 is going towards and outrun him.

It was at the point I realized that the S2000 is the foxmode car

>Volt manages to get to the cabin first, in the cabin we see that the roof is just two solar panels and inside is full of late-90s music (great opportunity for more shitty jokes such as "Apex Twingo", "N*SIGHT", etc.), an old Windows 98 PC and so forth. Volt had been going on gas after he reached the cabin and EV1 hear him. Of course, EV1 finds him at his cabin, goes mental. EV1 has gone crazy as seen by twitchy headlights and looks rugged as he is jacked up with offroad tyres, maybe additional dings and scratches. EV1 starts interrogating Volt asking who sent him and whether it was H1 and goes back onto a rant similar to the flashback. Bolt sneaks up on EV1, goes "Dad?" or something similar the lines depending on how the predecessor-successor relation is shown.
>EV1 cuts off his rant to respond to Bolt after hearing a faint coil-whine from him, respond something along the lines "You can't be, they told me I was done" and starts going towards him to hug and starts to cry happily. After which Bolt explains their adventure, explains the Volt is also related to him (EV1) and explains him being a hybrid and all that. Hearing this news, EV1 agrees to come out of hiding in the promise of not being "discontinued for good" as he believes he will be safe as he has successors.
>EV1, Bolt, and Volt manage to escape the search group of H1 and friends. After this, they go to the celebration area as it starts to be cleared the next morning. C5 has his bumper drop from shock seeing the EV1 again, in this shock and not being interested in holding old grudges or upsetting Volt and Bolt, C7 the new "GM leader" offers EV1 to be placed in a retirement home (see. museum) to be recouped and help him get used to the modern times, as his headlights are still twitching and has dents/scratches around. EV1 agrees that it would be a better deal than the forest cabin, and hugs Volt and Bolt again for helping him get back to civilization and the episode ends.

Veeky Forums does not have the expertise to make an anime. maybe a quality webcomic or something but not even one 22 minute episode of full animation. it's simply infeasible and even if some talent does exist, the sheer manpower does not. give up and just make a manga

You'd be surprised at how many people wanted to help last thread

i stand by my statement that animation is infeasible and you should make a comic instead. a comic would be much easier while still retaining the cute

Many anime started from manga, so creating a manga would be a good start. If it becomes popular, it may become a anime.

this is the most autistic thing ive ever seen or read

ending l/o/re
>have a bunch of fatasses be the drivers but they are drawn as black figures like they don't matter for being there during the whole episode
>credits always end with them hitting a burger joint
>last episode covers each car's fatass driver marrying some turbo bitch and it cuts to years later where he's forced to sell it, not because they need the money but just because the shitwife wants to control him and see it gone
>last episode covers what each husband buys to replace it with before a few awkward days pass and they shoot the entire family
>OVA movie shows the husbands going one last time through the canyon with their econoshitfamilyboxes
>they all realize they suck and are slow and drive off a cliff crying
DIRECTED BY DAVID LYNCH

This, gotta make the manga first.

First day on Veeky Forums?

really, i was intentionally being harsh about it because >4CHINZ LOL but also my own bitterness, but really, if you want to make a project out of this, it's probably better done as a webcomic at first.

i'd viral shill it if it's actually cute and relateable, and i normally hate animu. but it'd warm even my blackened and bruised heart to finally see a comic/manga/whatever about some beloved item doing things relevant to what that beloved item does, as that beloved item, that isn't just LE KYOOT GRILLS DOIN KYOOT THINGS BUT THEYRE NAMED AFTER GUN'S/BOAT'S/CAR'S LOL XD garbage like panzermadels or upotte or that horrid battleship one

did you forget about me?

> my post made it into the “previously on” post
Yay

So what should the setting be? Would there be any car “nations”, and if so would the be separated up the way the normal ones are? I think that’d make it difficult to do crossover episodes with multiple nationalities like people were suggesting last thread, unless the plot centers around FD and Supra as like exchange students or something (muh JDM import).

i maintain that chevys are driven EXCLUSIVELY by furries

just make it like CARS and never answer any of those weird questions in favor of brandwhoring character drama

Make the setting revolve around a multi-spec worldwide racing series, done.

Still casting my vote for an old early 90s Toyota Truck to be portrayed as a pervert.

this is the most autistic thing i've seen in weeks but i'm down

really man? Trying to self insert in a show only being planned as fun

Nigga, shut up.

Japanese laborer learned/seen some shit in africa and the middle east.

car driving school, set at a huge, sprawling, nurburgring-like track featuring iconic parts of many famous racetracks (laguna seca's corkscrew, the ring's straightaway and hairpins, autodrome's tight and technical corners, etc.). have the teachers be high-end and/or classic cars like the f40 or gt2000, and background students euro/american cars for antagonists of the day and short gags.

PT cruiser is like a crazy old dude that competes in marathons, but always does surprisingly well. Everyone thinks he dresses weird but he gives no shits.

>that isn't just LE KYOOT GRILLS DOIN KYOOT THINGS BUT THEYRE NAMED AFTER GUN'S/BOAT'S/CAR'S LOL XD garbage like panzermadels or upotte or that horrid battleship one

No, I agree. These would be just cars, and nothing but cars. No human bullshit.

I thought it would be set in a school, since we're making them young or kids.

Embrace the autism. Become different.

Any school setting works for me, I can do this.

if I may interject for a secound. I think that they should stumble into ma boy, the (forever happy) sarubaru 360, who tells them to stop being mopy cunts and get on with life.

The degeneracy levels have reached an all time high.

so who's the school slut that will get raped by tentacles?

Ford Probe

It's in it's name.

I've always seen the Probe as a male.

Checked. And that Subaru looks like a high monk in the school of happy living.

Join us?

>it’s another school anime
I’d rather it have a more generic setting. “School” mangas/animes always end up following the same tropes. Making it more adventure-based seemed to be the plan last thread and we had a couple good ideas come out of it (like )

Tru. I just got the idea because once someone said "kawaii kars klub" I immediately thought of a school club, and it would be right in line with our cuteness theme, but I do also agree that it's horribly overdone, and I want to avoid the more bland and overused tropes.

It is hard to think of a setting, though.

even then "cute" cars doing cute shit would be /a/utism
we need some really edgy Veeky Forums type of story (see: The Silencing)
main protag is the Kuroba Quattrospace or Twingo (or some other meme car that's not Miata, Miata should be the slightly gay bro) reuniting all the cars that are split all over the Road (the car world) and restoring their motivation to race (as this happens, their cuteness slightly grows) against the villains or some shit

as for bad guys? i would imagine corvette, any tesla vehicle, Evo with a mishfiring shistemu or a Supra who's gone full Smokey and is owning everyone with 1000hp

just please, no SoL. I don't think anyone here has the production values to make a full fledged animation (and if they do its MsPaint shit animated with Flash), so just make a manga. I saw all the comments saying this shit should be SoL because "it's easy to make", guys, you're in the cesspit of autism, there are always fun stories and ideas there and there.

I don't want edgy shit, dude.

Maybe we could experiment with different styles, but this doesn't sit right with me.

I second this, edgy stuff really doesn't sit well especially with such a strange and autistic premise like this.

However I think a SoL with a good mix of cute, and weird humor would be perfect similar to the style of SYD.

So we are making an anime? Cool, I'll make the logo.

Fucking based user.

And I agree. We don't need to be a cookie cutter production, we can still have our signature vulgar and unique humor, and should. It's just adorable to keep the original art style and make them cute, especially considering the title.

Remember, everyone is kawaii.

bls Veeky Forums

Anyone get in contact with the original artist of all these drawings to see if he'll do some commissions?

Does anyone even speak runes well enough? I can understand a very tiny amount and can read the basic characters.

Id like to congratulate you for making a MK IV Supra fucking adorable

>implying he's the artist
>implying Supras aren't adorbs anyways

>deeb goncern

Who is drawing these anime cars? The ones posted so far are really good.

Can we get cars from Veeky Forums to make cameos in the manga/anime? I want my car to appear in the series.

The artist people have been posting is some random Japanese dude. As long as people will recognize the car and it isn’t a stancefag piece of shit I don’t see why we can’t have some Veeky Forumstist cars here and there.

We need artists, animators, and voice actors.

I feel like an anime would be way too much work, a manga would make things so much easier. We'd only need an artist and story writers.

but i want cute voices, anom

Will volunteer to be voice actor (work/school permitting), but my voice is too deep and buttery to really be cute

This is the best thread I have seen in Veeky Forums in a long time.
I really want to contribute but my drawing is horrible so ill just sit here and watch.
Really hope something gets done today!

We could have panels drawn like a manga but all the dialog done with voice actors (read Veeky Forumstists).
It's autistic but I've seen it before and it cuts down on animation costs while still having ""cute"" voices

Can humble MX3 make an appearance?

can i fucking nuke this thread holy shit

this is the hardest Ive ever cringed on Veeky Forums

I think it was pitched last thread that Ferrari’s could be high maintenance preppy girls, with Fiats being their embarrassing younger cousins that they still eat lunch with every now and then.

Yeye! MX3 a cute!

Ladas are the Russian mafia.

Nah. The new Ferrari's should be like that. Make the older ones like the 250 and 288 be the fancy and kind older rich types. Make the Maserati cousins the "proud illustrious family history" types.

I petition for McLaren's to be the one legendary family that everyone looks up to withe he SLR being the iterracial child that is conflicted about his heritage.

more like some poorfag wannabe gangstas

make some cute miata grills, i can't draw for shit.

ladas should be old men who dont even wanna hoon

>miatas aren't a pair of gay dudes
delete this

Fuck i wish this was sticker so i could put it on my s2k

they are flashing their tits fyi

>faggots dont, or atleast try to, act like women

Wow, cool, haven't heard that one a million times before. Did you know the Diablo has Z32 headlights?

Underrated

Just post it, user

Those would be Volgas.

youtube.com/watch?v=KFvtEvpdNI0

How about one where either the NB or NC Miata have difficulty finding what they're happy with cause they keep trying to fit in the roles of the NA or ND? If this bit has interest I could do a writeup later.

Ded thred

Just make an anime about amateur circuit racing. Not this weeb crap

School setting where the science teacher is a DeLorean

Oky, and how long do you think that will last? That's only enough material for a couple episodes at best

Nice meme

>school setting
You have to be 18 to post here.

>I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about

it's the most fucking common shit for anime

Bug eye yellow imouto Integra wishes she was RWD and tries to do all the hoon stuff RWDs do for fun, fails terribly due to being FWD.

Facelifted white onee-san helps her comes to terms with her FWD-ness teaching her how to rip the handbrake and put fast-food trays under her rear wheels.

Yellow integra has fun playing with RWD cars, everything is genki.

Since we're posting the yellow cars from Cars 3, was it me or was the black literally just Nakazato?

>brief moment where he races against mcqueen, mcqueen crashes
>then he rematches, mcqueen overtakes on the inside
>not-Nakazato accelerates too hard and spins out
>gets jobbed by the yellow car and sally later on

Toyota the cutest

This is the most cringe in the thread

>adding eyes because the headlights don't properly convey expression
>not even adding them to the main headlights
>file.jpg

stop posting from the bus

okay, so real talk, who can emulate his drawing style if we can't recruit him ourself? should someone make an /i/ thread? let's get this shit moving

you fucks

There’s too many non-weebs on Veeky Forums for this to work, I think. Fuck though, I don’t even watch anime and I’d pay to see this shit.

>getting this upset about some shitty shop I did while drunk

/i/, /a/, Veeky Forums?

I'd be willing to pay 5 dollars and voice some of the lines

ayy

What should we do? Post Vocaroos? Make a Discord?

Don't forget the beach fan service episode with lots of lewd moments.

Holy trips confirm.

Who shall we lewd?

>shots of cars jumping dunes from a low angle, showing the undercarriage

trips demand it

What are some quintessential feminine cars? As in cars that are clearly female. I know the One-77 is one of them.