/mr/ - MR2 General

/mr/ - MR2 General
Post MR2 pictures/questions/etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?141538-2000-Super-White-MR2-Spyder-Hardtop-2ZZ-6spd
slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-toyota-mr2/6376580657.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want an aw11 with gullwings.
realisticaly could this be done

How does one get rid of the snap oversteer meme?

awful cars will poor performance and looks

lrn2drive

I want one so bad, but they're super overpriced where I live.

>why even live

Maybe lambo doors but the roof simply wasn't designed for gull wings

tfw when they go for pennies here in UK
tfw they are cheaper to insure than the SW20 and MX-5

soooooooooon

Are there any UK websites you could recommend? I want to cry whilr looking how cheap they are.

Not uk but they're pretty cheap in commiefornia if you wanna look on craigslist.

Also why in the fuck does the UK site I found want a postcode to search the cars? I dont live in the UK so I dont know what postcode to type in ;__;

What stickers do you proudly show off on your mr2?

I jest, but how should I go about removing the residue?

forgot pic

Pick up some Goo Gone whenever you have a chance, it's amazing for that stuff but doesn't hurt paint or your skin.
Brake cleaner on a rag will work just fine though

Random snap oversteer? Maintain your fucking car and make sure bushings, ball joints, and struts aren't worn to shit. It's not an FWD econobox that will be alright with two loose tie rods and a blown shock.

postin ma time attack rescar

hey

you cant hide those petro-can washer fluid jugs or that ontario plate from me!

tfw AW11 are rustbuckets that fall apart from you just looking at their direction where I live. You could buy them cheap but you'd end up spending a fortune to keep the car's chassis together for longer than a week.

gotta have that 94

ebay co uk
gumtree com
carandclassic co uk

if you want a postcode just use SW1A 1AA, the queens very own

buying a v6 turbo swapped adub for $1500 today

w2c a new bumper?

Somebody buy the MR2 from the RCR cuck!
How can someone want to sell his dream car because its "too good for him"?!

His car is a rustbucket.

yyyyy

Where are you? mk1mr2 webs posts worldwide but is UK based.

>tfw your AW11 has just come of the road while you renovate the house and then restore and think about turbo buils

>tfw too tall for an AW11

Count your blessings manlets

>that wheelarch rust
rip

What wheels?

masterrace MR2 reporting in

>slow Toyota general exist
>HURR DURR better make an mr2 general
I hate mr2 owners so much

I've been obsessed with these cars for a year and a half. I need one so fucking bad

tfw still working on it. Stock NA save for wheels. got a us 3sgte for it that I need to finish.

calm down autismo some people just got sick of that one homo with the blue supra spamming his shitbox

>tfw cant decide between SW20 and AW11
>Prices are pretty close here in Denmark
>Keeping DD and getting AW11 as summercar
or
>Replacing DD with SW20
Saw a few 20's in England last winter, so im guessing they can handle the bit of snow we get in this part of the world without turning into complete shit.
Any words of wisdom from fellow North Europeans?

Is an mr2 an easy engine to work on for mechanics or would I need to pay a premium for a mechanic that has experience in them?

If you have lithe womanly hands it might not be so bad
but if your're a Big Guy™ it can be a bitch and a half.
parts are pretty cheap and there's no future nazi space magic infused into anything so its not mechanically difficult.
wait which MR2 are you talking about?

American wisdom:
Your snow tire and suspension repair/mods budget will eclipse the value of the car in two years.

Looking for an sw20

captscha is my dick

henlo fellow bashed aw11 owner

haha yes i screwed that up bigtime
captcha was "long extra"

or you could simply take some tape and remove it by sticking that over the residue over and over again.

thanks user!

now that I looked at some of them, you guys have the late model supercharged version for about 5000 pounds, and we have the early model blue-tops for 7000 euros.

>i-it's okay though becasue we have good healthcare and s-schoolsystems haha

What are you? 2.1 meters?

jr12 7.5 f and 8.5 rear
hell ye boi.
Can't find my track pictures sadly

What model MR2 should I chuck my 2zzge in?

aw11

Really?

Anybody in southern California need a 2nd gen usdm 3sgte rebuild kit? I have all gaskets, all seals, all bearings, all rings, timing belt. All genuine OEM toyota parts, asking 200 for the bearings and rings, 40 for the belt, 175 for the gaskets.

Located in the inland empire

Head gasket included, Mani gaskets, valve stem seals, valve cover gasket, all the oil seals etc unopened bag to the right has a bunch of stuff in it all OEM toyota parts

that radio unit is fucking AESTHETIC

ty, i'm in love with it.

>Can't find my track pictures sadly
On my second MR2...last one blew at the track...I want a Miat for a DD tho

Coilovers are so hard to find for this car>>

What kind of coilovers are you looking for

Anything Japanese.

At the beginning of this year I was set on D2's, but the more and more reviews I read of em , I got turned off.

I was looking at Tein SS coilovers but those are all gone.

Saw a set of Apexi World Sport on Spyderchat, but they are only height adjustable.
Saw another set of Powertrix on Spyderchat but
passed on those.

Went to a local shop and tried to get the Tein's but he said those are discontinued. I settled for Blitz which are 32 adjustable. I tried to find reviews on those, but nothing.

What's that cute little pouch on the front?

Transponder for laptimes lol

What about BC Racing? Are they any good?

idk

D2's are trash. I and many people on track and street here use BC BR's
yes its the cheapest good tier coil you can get.

i wanna do flat underbody +beatrush diffuser. Anyone done flat underbody?

What is the name of that side reflector, and was it a Euro/Jap OEM only thing? I've never seen one on a USDM MR-S that is stock, and I don't even know how to go about deleting the bumper reflectors and installing the new reflector.

>reflector
You mean indicator?

Is it an indicator? I didn't know, sorry.

I'm in the market for an MR-S right now, so I'm trying to figure out as much as I can about the car. I've seen it called a reflector by eBay listings too, so that only further enhanced my confusion.

Are there Euro/Jap only fenders and bumpers then? I can't imagine that they don't have some sort of electrical line leading to them that goes through the panel.

Looks clean, if the wheels aren't staggered size (and they don't look like they are) you'll need some 15mm spacers for the back.

found a 3sgte mr2 for an ok price
only concern if its pre 1995

And a team sticker from TXR:3

it dont matter
my car has some tte body kit and exaust.
All that matters when you buy mrs is
>make sure its manual
>make sure precats are removed or engine is fine
>make sure it has LSD
>if possible hardtop is nice
rest dont matter

My first not-piece-of-shit car..
Loving it so far.

What to you guys do for tires though?
I'm I gonna be forced to buy new wheels when I wear these out?

Also, what replacement soft-top is best?

i had kumho extas on track and they were shit, really non gripp and no warning when they let go.
Now I have hankook ventus evo pros, while they are not as grippy as a big boy race semi slick they give plenty of warning in dry and rain before you're looking into the headlights of the truck behind you.
I reccomend them as the beginner tyre, they are quite cheap and they give you warning and if you don't race they are the best you are ever going to need.
You can get new wheels, I'm running jr12's OEM sizes and they lose a lot of weight.
But oems look dank af.

For soft top i have no idea but if I were to get one I'd get a cloth one since the vinyl on mine is starting to crack

>I'm I gonna be forced to buy new wheels when I wear these out?
Depends on what kinda tires you want, now.

Do you plan on tracking it? If so you don't have much choice.

Also someone is selling their 2zz/6mt Spyder

spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?141538-2000-Super-White-MR2-Spyder-Hardtop-2ZZ-6spd

Well, I'm actually driving this as my main vehicle currently, and I'd like to keep the factory sizes. Factory everything for the time being... I can't seem to find any tires that come in both sizes though. The only thing I plan to do in the immediate future is a roll bar for some track play in the spring and some cosmetic touch-ups. I've considered 16x6 Enkei J10's which would give me many more options for both daily and track tires but I have no idea how it will effect the handling. I LOVE this car as it is now, in It's factory form. More grip would be cool, but I like how I can get some smooth short slides in 1st/2nd. It feels laser guided unless I'm being really dumb or agressive.

lighter wheels will make accelaration and handling better as there is less rotational and unsprung mass to fuck with. If your new wheels are lighter than old ones you are heading in the right direction.
If you want to track it coilovers change the car completely. Rollbar you have to get a real on not the one that is cosmetic and you also want some bucket seats to replace the park bench you get stock with the car

Well it's currently my daily driver (I have a beater Accord I can re-tag to keep it away from snow/salt/deicer if I need to this year), but I do plan on tracking it come spring, so I'm going to have to AT LEAST get a new set of rears... I picked up a nail near too far near the outside of my left-rear for a proper patch a few days after I got it, and plugged tires aren't allowed per the rules I saw.. really pissed me off too, they were basically brand new. Currently Bridgestone Potenza RE040 which I think was the factory tire.. Something that I could use for both normal driving that can deal with moderate rain and would hold up to an occasional track day would be nice, but with the staggered wheels I couldn't find ANYTHING I could get a matching set of 4 in online.

Where'd you get that sticker, and do they sell any other TXR stickers?

I'm kind of wide, especially in the shoulders, so the seats actually grip me pretty well.

And yeah, I had one bookmarked that was mentioned in forums, said it was SCCA approved, installed by replacing the behind-seat storage bins.
I'm mostly concered with keeping the car with balanced handling, nimble and stable. More grip is always welcome, but I don't want the car to lose the character it has currently. I've gradually played with it and felt it out on some familar back roads and roundabouts to learn it and It's yet to really scare me. I would very much like to keep it that way. My favorite thing about this car is that it communicates what it's doing Very well. I can feel when it's getting near the limit and when I've gotten it loose in 2nd on a few particular corners (I'd guess 30-35mph?) its easy to keep smooth and corrects neatly.
It feels like there's no way it'll get me into real trouble or kill me unless I'm being INCREDIBLY careless or stupid. I don't plan to be competative or push it to the bleeding edge, I just wanna stretch its legs and enjoy myself a bit.

it'll stay that way.
tyres alter it the most. I reccomend just mostly stiffening up front strut bars (you can see that shit wobble) and getting a rear brace that connects between all the points.
Coilovers add a lot to the car, make it feel like a god damned racecar. And if you want wheels you can just get second set of track wheels.
I'm running jr12's right now and have no trouble finding tyres. They're cheap, they're light and they are sturdy as fuck. Take spyderchat with a grain of salt as many are fucking retards. Hit other spyder builders and racers up on instagram and they'll be happy to help you out. Trackandracing has an insane build

What size tires are you running?
when I looked I couldn't find ANYTHING in 185/55/15 and 215/45/16 except for a few leftovers of the exact tires I have currently on tire rack..

205 f and 215r iirc

>tyres alter it the most. I reccomend just mostly stiffening up front strut bars (you can see that shit wobble) and getting a rear brace that connects between all the points.
t.kek

If you have a lot of money, Spirits in Japan makes their own custom Ohlins coilovers for the MRS but you'd have to get them through a parts importer and they are about $2750 iirc

Check it.

believe it or not but residues/glue comes off easily with butter, just wipe it off with a paper towel afterwards

lucky bastard
in my area, you find automatics for twice that

>very cold ac, nice

How much was it?

own a mk3

I can't buy it :(

Seems like people in the five cities area are bind to gems like this.