Competeiton for Kia Stinger?

Now that Kia has the Stinger, will Toyota and Nissan bring something to compete with this?

>Lexus IS
>Infiniti Qwhatever

A beautiful future of large sedans with big powerful engines and wondrous chassis...
Wait, that was the 00's.

Is there such thing as something like Kia Stinger that comes with proper manual transmission nowadays?

oh look! another kia stinker thread.

here, let me finish it for you:

> I want the red one. I want the chroma bleu(tm) one-- you know with the purple flakes
> designed by 2 wankers from germany
> comes with used engine oil from an M4
> plays my little pony when you roll down the window
> brush aluminum(tm) trim
> better interior than a lear jet
> faster than superman
> it's cheap luxury! LUK WAT U GET!
> it's cheap sports sedan! LUK WAT U GET!
> you can change the badge if you are embarrassed

and there are the responses:
> you are paid kia shill. go away
> no manual
> engines explode, warrantee not honored by kia. class action necessary to get crappy econoboxes fixed
> per car and driver, handling is shit inspite of gargling german piss daily
> per car and driver, auto trans is tragic
> me-too styling
> interior is plastic and fake brushed aluminum(tm)
> wannabes buy luxury car from shitbox manufacturers
> wannabes buy sportscars from shitbox manufacturers
> depreciation will be brutal based on historical patterns
> $40k for the low end (((kia)))
> $54k for the loaded (((kia)))
> will sell as well as the $70k k900
> oh, that badge at any price

I am sure there is more, but we can all go home now...

oh, I forgot my favorite response to all this nonsense:

>it's stil a Kia

they literally copied Audi

don't really see the connection besides both cars having brake lights

Toyota already has the Prius and Nissan has the leaf

Are you asking if they will develop something for their own brands, or their luxury brands to compete with it?

A guy who designed audi's made a car that looks like an audi.

HORY SHITTTT

I'd like to see more car companies make rwd versions of their popular sedans with turbo 6 or even just NA 6's in them that aren't as luxurious or fancy as things like the 3-series, but have similar performance at a lower cost.

Oh fuck off, you faggot. I just asked a question that I believe no one has asked and that is not there in the list you gave.

No, Toyota and Nissan will continue to make cars for normies and boomers and laugh all the way to the bank. Nissan would make far more just expanding their commercial vans/trucks then fucking around with a shitty "sports car" concept.

>ignoring the GTR and Supra completely

>Not being able to count to 4

>will toyota and nissan bring something to compete?
>GTR and Supra both have TT V6's
>being this retarded

Except they haven't been able to build a decent diesel for over a decade

>Confirms he can not in fact count to 4

>giving a shit about the I4
I know the Stinger has that layout but its pretty pointless. why even bother "competing"

How dense are you cunt?

do explain because I'm guessing I'm missing the point

>I4

Holy shit we got a live one!

Do you not understand what a sedan is?

>he doesn't know

ah i see now, my bad. I highly doubt toyota or nissan will do shit they've long forgotten their past now they just make family friendly cars with minor exceptions

me:
>hah, look at all the sameness, look at me laugh, at least the Italians are doing a descent jo...
looks at the Giulia; also me
> I've seen the future, and it's written in Copypaste

>stinger releases with good sales and reviews
>everyone else decides to cash in on the trend
>well-built, upper trim sedans with nice engines come back
Could we be on the best timeline?

Whoever did this, could you make a Škoda edit aswell? :3

>Supra
>TT V6
>calling other people retarded

stop shilling this shitbox please
the people that browse this board arent buying new cars

>companies should charge less for the same thing
Are you stupid?

Similar performance and lower cost compared to most compact-mid size, rwd, 6 cylinder sedans on the market right now, which are mostly higher-trim sport luxury cars like the 340i.

>take Lexus IS350
>remove fancy/luxury stuff but keep the platform and heart
>sell it as a Toyota for less

The platform and the heart is where the expense lies, it's also where companies make the least profit.

Underrated post

That's fair, but still a little disappointing.
Something like a rwd Mazda 6 with a beefier engine seems like it'd be pretty comfy.

>he doesnt know

Genesis G70

sexy tbqh

You prefer that to the Kia?

I don't know, I like them both. The G70 looks a little slimmer to me probably through some optical illusion, which I like. I like the rear of the Stinger more for sure, though.

Next generation 6 is rumoured to have RWD, and they're already starting to put the 2.5 turbo or whatever their most powerful engine is (used in the cx-9 or something) to the 6 in next year's model. I'm hoping they make a crazy sports model with a TT V6 or maybe even rotary, but crazy shit isn't exactly what Mazda does recently.

That 2.5 turbo engine eats turbos like nothing else, we see crazy amounts of them through my work.

This
It won’t be anywhere near as good as lexus’ lineup and Infiniti will have better quality

Nigga the rotary is dead. It’s a flawed design that deserves to be retired.

>Next generation 6 is rumoured to have RWD

As cool as this is, it also makes me worry Mazda is preparing to completely abandon the economy market. Lately all of their designs (interior and exterior) have just been way too nice.

The G70 is literally a nicer, prettier Stinger

>faster thab a hellcat in thr 1/4 mile
>better track times thsn anything in its price range
Okay I'm joking about the Hellcat, but seriously why do we hate this car again?

it all literally boils down to... "its a kia".

> no manual

> “I don’t want to see a fucking Kia our perform my luxury sports sedans that I will never be able to afford.”
This.

at least its better than the genesis

It literally is a Genesis

>Infiniti
>quality

>worry
What's there to worry about? It seems to me like they're trying to increase their range up to just a step below luxury. I think it's a pretty good niche for them to fill.

I heard it's lighter too, which probably addresses 1 of the 2 problems people seem to have with the stinger.

The worry is I won't be able to afford it. :(

Don’t worry. You won’t be.

A new Lexus IS F costs quite a bit more. Though it is a lot better car with more power

Less interior quality. They are alright cars at best. They still have the same cheap interior quality as basic Toyotas.