/wheels/

what wheels do you ride Veeky Forums?
how did you pick the right size?

so I just got pic related in 8x18 for cheap from an ebay auction
but am wondering whether they'll be too big on my e36 compact
and if I should resell them and get others in stock size (7.5x17)?

17 is better just because anything bigger costs assloads more for tires

>costs assloads more for tires
it's about 200€ more per set, I could live with that

was wondering more about handling/performance and looks

just bought the car a month ago with winter tires on steelies,
so have absolutely no reference on what would fit well

Get the lightest wheel as small as possible that will clear your calipers. Anything larger is unnecessary and niggerish.

What about aesthetics

BBS

but that only works when you scale down tire diameter as well
in the real world where your tire diameter stays constant you just ruin your handling with balloon tires

oem wheels faggot. aftermarkets are shit.

OEM are always overpriced

you should already have a set of oem wheels.

but OEMs look about the same, are heavier (in similar sizes)
and they are much harder to find and if they show up sell for the same as new good quality aftermarket ones

what if I want a separate set

see>just bought the car a month ago with winter tires on steelies,
>so have absolutely no reference on what would fit well
the previous owner sold the oem ones

>heavier
funny way of saying stronger.
>cheap aftermarket rims

>heavier
because they're stronger. but who cares about wheel weight? you're not a good enough driver to tell the difference.

why would you? 16s would be better for snow tires.

>buying a shit example
kys

nice wheels OP

>how did you pick the right size?
knew that I have 15" so i took the 15" even if the 17 would have fitted

>oem wheels faggot. aftermarkets are shit.

nah you just have terrible taste or can't do the proper research

guess that's the upside of living in a nanny state
where safety critical car parts must be tested and certified before you can use them on public roads
so unless you go rallying a lack of strength is not something you have to worry about

>buying a shit example
>not buying a car in good condition for cheap just because it's missing some meme wheels

>implying i don't live in a nanny state
the roads are just shit here.

Currently 7x16, with an offset of -15
Cant remember if they're Ultra or Mega brand

Spring will be 10x15, with an offset of -52
"Daytona" steel wheels that I've lazily gritted down and repainted silver

>the roads are just shit here.
so get a lighter car then?
or wheels rated for offroad use on a truck

>lighter car
>offroad wheels
>truck
come on now

This looks 10x better.

there's no such thing as "good condition for cheap" you always get what you pay for. but really buying an E36 is just a shit decision

you don't like sick mawds?

Has anyone had alloys powder coated? How are they holding up?

>you always get what you pay for
which is no wheels in that case
and I'd rather take that than the rust issues other cars for the same price with oem wheels had

>but really buying an E36 is just a shit decision
so what would you pick considering the following
>3k shitbox
>manual
>rwd
>6+ cylinder engine
>big aftermarket/community with cheap parts so you can easily fix/improve it by yourself

I have had a few mates get it done, they hold up very well.

>living where cars rust

if i only ad 3k i'd buy a civic. if i wanted 6-cyl, rwd, with a manual i'd get a E46.

14 inch 155mm steel wheels on econobox
16 inch chromed spoke wheels on bike
622x25 on bike(steel spokes, alumium rim)

Tires are cheap as fuck for all of them...

V4 Simmons

>get a E46
that was the other option but the e46 to me feels like such a bland car with a lack of character
so I've always preferred the e36
I also really like the compact because I value a usable trunk over back seats and don't want a boaty wagon
and everyone knows that the e46 compact is the worst car bmw ever built

best wheels

Overly large wheels only good to those with bad taste.

What are sporty tires with sidewall rigidity? Never heard of those?

Z32

Focal F13

I have stock 18x7.5s on my f150, will probably run 18x9s when I get around to lifting it.

Just picked these up today for my corolla for 200€ 5.5x13 heard from a friend that i shouldn't get bigger than 15 and my stock steelies were 13
Should i get them repainted and replace the stickers or just keep them like this?

Is there a tire manufacturer tier list?
My S2K is gonna need new rear tires since the Potenzas are goin bald. I was thinking Nitto or Yokohama

Steelies

how are those holding up? I have a 4x108 bolt pattern and focals are one of my choices, but i don't want a broken wheel if i hit a pebble.

no it doesn.t

17x7
>Lighter than my old 15x6.5s

fine I guess

Those are nice, since I upgraded mine the rear end slides out alot more

>E36 compact

Half an E30 anyway for hektik skidz

Super old photo. Just sold these yesterday.

Currently have OEM wheels from another model of people that was out at the same time, went from 13" to 15"

*Peugeot

Also just bought these to go on instead, they look like steelies but they're actually alloys that came on early Citroën C5's, save a fair few kg a corner as they're only about 4.5kg each without tyres

Forgot to attach picture because I'm fucking retarded

its like someone has to explain the concept of an aftermarket to you

On an e36 a 16 inch wheel will look best.
17's probably don't look awful, but I have 18's on my 928 that came with 16's and I fucking hate it.
I put some 17's on my car that came with 15's and it looked absolutely retarded.
Stock size wheels are best size wheels.

Just remember just because a wheel looks good doesn't mean it'll look good on your car.
I love the designs of a lot of wheels, then I stick them on a car and they're ugly and don't go with it at all.

pic of how they look from further away?

I always feel like 17" on E30s is borderline donking it, but it depends on the wheel.

I got a set for the track of pic related, yet to come in.

>team dynamics

Going from 19 to 18, personally.
I want to be able to put on tires with more sidewal. This low profile shit isn't fun to drive since the faults in the road sends feedback to the wheel every which way.

>spoiler-less Supra

Are you fucking gay?

O N E P O I N T T W O

My shitbox came with 17s and my brother gave me an expensive set of 19s, currently using 205/60 on 16in snow tires

Ran with the 235/35 on 19s for a season and fucking hated it. Driving like racekar chewed up the bead at 38psi on 2 tires, replaced them with 235/40 so shit wouldn't suck and feel like I'm damaging the wheels every bump, probably doing 225/40 next time as there's no reason for 235 on a 4cyl accord.

My 16in tires are $100/tire, 17in are $140/tire and 19in are $250/tire. 19in is fucking retarded and i hate it... But they're really nice wheels that are as light as my stock 17s

OEM
BBS
Steelies for snow tires
Gramlites for track
TE37 for street performance

Anything larger than 19 is dumb. 17 is ideal for comfort. Why waste RPM spinning dumb ghetto wheels?

Anything else is ghetto pIm garbage that makes you look like a doucheplug

Sansspoiler is the patrician choice for MKiv you stupid poor.

Not really digging it honestly. IMO 14" is what looks best on a 106, but the best tyre size for it (185/55) is getting rare as fuck.

Yeah I had to special order fucking 15” tires for my first gen CR-V. Wtf.

Those are great OP btw demon tweeks is selling those 40% off right now. I got myself a set.

Looks nice actually imo. Kind of the size a rally peugeot would have had I think.

Very cool man! Have they been strong enough for normal road usage? I love how light they are.

Depends on the car. Some cars look great with decent aftermarkets, some cars look great with OEMs.

Pretty much only BMW and Mercedes look seriously good on stock wheels.