Good car for northern canada?

Recently found out I need a new car. I'm fine with buying new or used (last 5 years) but since I barely know enough about cars to replace my own battery, I'm thinking new to at least get some kind of warranty. Budget is around $45k but flexible, I'd just rather not spend too much more. The only stipulation is that it has to be available in North America, and operate in temperatures of -30C to -50C on shitty ice/dirt roads.

I don't want a big fuck-off truck. Is there anything out there for me besides pic related?

Focus RS, Mitsubishi Evo, Golf GTI, Charger AWD, Challenger GT (AWD)

>muh oil money
kys

okay but first i need a car to take me to the gun store

I like the idea of a Golf GTI but I'm not sure I'd fit comfortably inside (am 6'5"). I even have legroom problems in my Silverado. I do remember a rental Lancer being comfortable when traveling for work a while ago, but it seems they don't make Evo anymore. Is it worth buying used or are current Lancers fine for what I need?

civic for 5k.

You need something with an LSD or 50/50 front/rear, if you get AWD with an open diff then when any one of your tires gets stuck it's game over.

If you're 6'5" you're probably not gonna fit in the Subaru either.

I'm 6'0" and I don't exactly have miles of headroom.

What about the Golf R? It's AWD right?

Any recommendations for such a vehicle? Or would this be an option to add afterward?

Well, shit. That's kinda lame. But I suppose a STI is a bit of a cop magnet anyway.

Where do you live? Yellowknife? Fort McMurray?

Neither, but I travel to both semi-frequently for work. Let's just say I need something that can get me around Nunavut if need be.

Get a truck. You'll regret if you don't

>t. Arctic circle

I've got one, but would prefer something with a little better fuel economy that is fun to drive during the summer months as my second vehicle (that can also double as a winter backup if need be)

>Let's just say I need something that can get me around Nunavut if need be.

Tacoma 4x4

people dont own cars up there

Do you know manual?

It's been a few years, but I'm sure I can still manage it.

Why not the Challenger GT? 8 speed and v6 gives it good gas mileage, probably uses regular gas instead of premium like the Subaru would. Full size car to sit in comfortably. Sub 6 second 0-60

I'm 6'5" and I drive a WRX comfortably, also the GTI has a much more comfortable seating position for tall people

Haha to be honest, my father just bought a SRT Demon and I can't seem to shake the image of the Challenger as a midlife-crisis mobile. Kinda dumb I know but that's just me.

legacy/outback 3.6

- roomier than the WRX, but same full time AWD
- non-turbo, so non-premium fuel

less power though

At least that'll be a cool car to inherit. The Golf will probably have the best ergonomics, designed by Germans not Japs. The R is awd

Just buy a truck ffs

see