Kia Stinger Tech

For those of you out there who like the Stinger or want to know more about it, here is a nifty video going over some of the unique tech features of the Stinger GT.

youtu.be/qU16iGNDJb8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tSWQTkbTYIQ
dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/terminator-mustang-cobra/6374178179.html
kiamedia.com/us/en/models/stinger/2018/features#stinger
youtu.be/maUSstd_Uko
caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-kia-stinger-gt-test-review
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks lad.

ayy tyty

it's kia trying and failing to make a gt audi a7 knockoff
what is there to say

>and failing
>t. increasingly nervous germacuck

>muh app
>Muh apple/Android integration
>Muh radar
>Muh wireless charging
>Muh 5 drive settings

Too bad they couldn't have focused on some real innovation or make the car fun. Like beating a 10 year old Cadillac or a Dodge Charger R/T that's $5k less.

> listening to all of these anti-Stinger memes
You obviously haven’t read a single review about the Kia Stinger GT. Every single reviewer praises it. Motor Trend does touch on some of it’s lacking aspects compared to it’s German competitors that are priced $15k-$20k more than the Stinger GT. But, if you read MT’s full review, they say that it’s not a bad thing that it doesn’t measure up in every single aspect. That the car is fun and affordable. And that the Stinger GT performs unbelievably and has great build quality for the price you get it for.

Also, it beats the 2007 CTSV and the Charger R/T. It’s the 2nd gen CTSV with the ZR1’s Supercharged 7.0L V8 that it doesn’t out perform. And that was a $60k car the better part of a decade ago. Which would amount to a little over $70k today. And even the CTSV was lacking in build quality in both handling, steering, and interior quality.

As for the Charger R/T, the Scat Pack out performed the preproduction Kia Stinger GT. Not the US spec production Stinger GT. We haven’t seen what the US spec is fully capable of just yet. And it would be a close comparison in performance. The Scat Pack costs a little over $2k more than the Stinger GT, it it significantly lacks a quality interior and steering response as it’s an entry level family car with the 495 hp SRT engine thrown into it. And even with 130 hp more than the Stinger GT, it’s best 0-60 stock is 4.2 sec. while we already had someone running a 4.4 sec in the Stinger GT. On top of that, the Charger does not have majority of the features that come standard in the Stinger GT.

So, before commenting with some halfassed meme infos, try looking up the full source of your shit tier info.

>Post sections of a review
>You obviously haven't read the reviews

What did he mean by this? It states the American spec is even worse. It barely matches a 2007 CTS-V and manages to be less fun with a stability control you can't fully turn off and slushbox auto.

KIA hired people to post on Veeky Forums

Again. The MT review was of a Korean spec preproduction Stinger GT. Not the finished US spec. And if you read the full review, Randy Pobst states that you can turn off the traction/stability control completely.

Kia Motors doesn’t even know this place exists. And thinking otherwise makes you seem like some special group of auto enthusiasts. Which we are not. Stop being a faggot.

Not to mention the Charger is no doubt going to have considerably worse reliability, and already does have a worse warranty. It's still a good value, but between the two I'd definitely pick the Stinger GT.

That's not what he said Shill

If the Hellcat wasn’t $65k new and $55k+ used, I might consider a Charger Hellcat. But, other than that I’d prefer the Stinger GT simply for the better quality interior and better features. There is a Korean tuner that already took the GT and simply retuned it without upping the boost and made ~412 rwhp.

Enough with the shitty mag pics. Watch Randy Pobst’s review of the preproduction Stinger GT and not the review of the lower plebs at Motor Trend.

youtu.be/tSWQTkbTYIQ

>$600/month
>for a Kia
How about no

>muh badge

That’s not bad for the level of luxury and quality you’re actually getting with the car.

>Ignore the review of the US spec car and what Randy says about it
>Here watch what Randy says about the pre production model! And don't worry about the bad stuff, the US model improves on it

> trying this hard to grasp at atraws and doesn’t know what the fuck he’s even talking about, but will argue anyways
That mag review isn’t by Randy Pobst. It’s by the plebs behind the desks.

Also, they haven’t reviewed the us spec yet. It was just released this week.

>Quotes from Randy Pobst
>Randy works for Motor Trend
>The motor trend article doesn't involve Randy

U wot m8? Also all Randy is good for is for bench racing, which this car is absolutely crap at. Can't even out grip a car that weighs 200 pounds more, is 7 inches longer and $5k cheaper.

Facts that will never change:
>Massive turbo lag, have to be a professional racer like Randy to get decent numbers out of it
>Never off stability control
>Slush box auto

> massive
> “noticeable”
> Randy needed to make best numbers
> Car and Driver with the US spec did better than Randy’s numbers in the preproduction K-spec
> Randy in his review literally said that it can be turned completely off
> but this faggot argues that it’s never off
> boo hoo hoo it has an auto that can shift faster than I can in muh manual
Look kid, I have a 6 speed manual in two of my cars. I also prefer a manual. But, I don’t cry about a performance car not having a manual. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Also, stop fucking bench racing kid. You’ll never drive any of these cars that you talk about. Go drive your mom’s Corolla to find a real job. And stop being such a colossal faggot. You’re making your mother cry.

Poor Kia shill having a meltdown. Read the article and weep. Randy in the US spec says the stability control doesn't fully turn off. Literally right there in the article. Of course the preproduction you can. What's the point of quoting a review on a non production car? And sorry but I own a real car :)

>giving too much credit to a random fagboy online

looked at the top of the range one in uk today, looks ok from front ugly mish mash audi rip off from back. interior is cheap and nasty. faux nice materials that just look crap close up. not a pleasent place to sit.

> meltdown
> just correcting your ignorance
I’m not assblasted, user. And Randy didn’t write the article in MT. He did the review in the video. Which if you watch them, they are very different. And the MT mag review is of the Korean spec preproduction car. Not of the US spec car. Either learn your shit or go back to your sissy threads on . And you don’t own a real car. You own sheet metal around a shitty LS2. Also, my weekend car is faster. :)

Not normally a mustang guy, but that's a nice mustang user.

You haven't corrected a single thing. The video is older than the mag review.

I'm not sure what you think that's supposed to prove.

MODS! MODS! MODS! 6 active kia shill threads. Unbelievable. Delete this paid shill shit.

Someone needs to produce something like this but just barebones with no tech shit.

>KIA hired people to post on Veeky Forums

Like 6 + months of kia shill posting. So, yes.

>Nifty
Kys queer

So no.

Why thank you user. I like it too. I was originally looking for a hardtop four years ago for around $17k and found this vert for $13k that had half of the handling mods that I was wanting to do to one. I ended up really liking the vert after I bought it. So all worked out.

The video and Mag review is over the exact same car that MT had given to them by Kia. Take the time to learn something before talking.

It still wouldn’t be any cheaper if it was made by any other company. Might as well pay the same price and get all the nice additional luxury features.

Kia doesn’t care about people who can’t afford their car.

Also, my engine bay.

The cost is factored in somewhere. In a car designed around the driving experience, every unnecessary electronic adds more weight, more cost and more shit to go wrong.

>talking shit
>drives a convertible mustang
You should be euthanized

>talking shit
>drives a GM
You should be euthanized.

I dont drive a GM, try again.

Sure you don't, euthanization-needer.

>A ferd is GM
This is a convertible cuck's logic

I don't drive a convertible, try again.

Figures. Only Termi could walk into this thread and spout so much tripe

The problem with that is that most manufacturers aren’t trying to prove a point that they can actually produce a great car. Kia had to make this car to show that they can produce more than basic bitch cars. Which they succeeded at, but anyone else who made such a car would have it start out around $50k or more. Just look at GM. They are struggling to keep afloat and had to sell a rebadged Holden’s Commodore SS for $48k starting out. While the Kia Stinger starts out at $32k.

Im not that faggot or the convertible terminator faggot.
Kia a shit and so are convertibles

> being on Veeky Forums and not knowing what a Terminator is
Okay. You know no one irl talks shit about my Cobra.

The one calling you a GM owner isn’t me. The guy with the Termi vert. And do you own that 10th Anniversary?

:^)

Your 2018 $50k Kia sports sedan w/ twin turbo V6, 4-wheel brembo brakes, and adaptive suspension is slower around a track than a nearly 10 year old Dodge Challenger built on a Mercedes E-class platform dating back to the 90s......how exactly can you defend this?

Im and You got bamboozled buying a vert. Unless you got it sub 15k then rip in pieces.

Kia shill says there's a KDM, USDM, and Euro preproduction models as well as production models of each. And says each one performs better than the other when it's time to move goal posts.

>The video and Mag review is over the exact same car that MT had given to them by Kia. Take the time to learn something before talking.

Ok and that review says the stability control cock blocks you after a few drifts. Learn how to read. Still slower at corners than the cheaper R/T. Heck if the GT is over $41k it's competing with the 485hp scat pack and is absolutely demolished.

> bench racing with preproduction car test
You certainly know how to damage control. Also, the GT starts out at $39k.

I did get it for $13k. Also, you didn’t answer my question. Do you own that 10th Anniversary?

> when it’s time to move goal posts
It’s common knowledge that Kia America modified the Stinger from the Korean spec cars.

And why do you keep using the preproduction Korean spec car for your bench racing? Or is it that you really know nothing about the Stinger GT and are arguing about a car you literally know nothing about?

Do some research, faggot.

Friends 10th. Still in the market for a coupe. Most of them here the boomers want 24k+ for them and I really don't want to spend more than 20. There is a 9.7k vert for sale near me that is extremely enticing tho. High mileage.

They're in completely different classes, autist.

$9.7k for a Terminator? That must be extremely high mileage one. Typically most 50k-80k mi are around $20k. So, any that have less mileage will be more expensive accordingly. Also, the longer you wait, the more expensive they’ll become. The Terminators are becoming increasingly rare and sought after. Each year they go up a little in value.

Eyeballing this one
dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/terminator-mustang-cobra/6374178179.html

Gonna wait a little longer to see if a better deal arises

> two different classes
> both sports sedans
> luxury one costs $32k MSRP
> non-luxury cheap material one costs $48k MSRP
And this is why GM had to stop making the Commodore.

That’s actually not bad. Looks to be in good condition. I hate seeing no mileage listed. And the fact that it’s pulleyed means you’ll most likely need to rebuild the supercharger snout is it’s over 50k mileage. As long as it’s in really good condition then I’d buy it. I would take it to a shop and have it inspected. Make sure everything is perfect and nothing is being withheld.

>kia
>luxury
Now I know you're a shill
>both sport sedens
The Kia is a small seden.

Does kia have some faggot on duty each day to keep posting guerilla marketing about this thing? half of the threads about this sounds like they've come straight from a marketer's cock-stained mouth

The Stinger is a mid-size to full-sized sports sedan. It’s a sedan that goes 0-60 in 4.4 sec and 1/4 mile in 12.8 sec. That’s faster than the SS. And it is a entry level luxury car. Pic related. Also, check out the features on the GT, GT1, and GT2 trims. And not all features are shown. Some countries have wireless charging, full 360 camera surround view, and rear cooled/heated ventilated seats.

kiamedia.com/us/en/models/stinger/2018/features#stinger

>comparing coupes to sedans

not this shit again. you could have at least used Charger lap times instead of Challenger numbers, same goes for the guys throwing around comparisons to 2018 Mustang GTs. they are different cars underneath built for different purposes and different customers; they just all happen to go abnormally fast in slightly different ways.

I cant believe this same faggot is still making kia stinger threads

He is literally trying to make the board accept it as a cool car because he is committed to buying one

Fuck this gay ass kia

Its the same faggot whose been shilling it hard for months. I wish he died in nis sleep tonight so we could have some reprieve from this insanity
Nobody fuckig cares. Nobody except literally you is going to buy this piece of shit in north america. Why are you so god damn obsessed with this fucking korean piece of fuck? You are now calling it a luxury car? You are such a faggot

Why the fuck do you post like you are paid to? Fuck off . Your bosses at kia marketing should know u r a fsg

Whats the MPG?

A 9 year old dodge challenger with a V8 from 2003 and a chassis from 1990 should not be faster than a lighter 2018 rwd sports sedan with a modern twin turbo V6, better brakes, and better suspension.....don’t you get that? A car that is touted by its producer to be a competitor in the sports sedan segment should do well on a track

Kia shills making up numbers

No matter how much they shill both for and against, the real reason to be against the stinger is the lack of a MANUEL.

>1.8 Tonne """sports""" small seden.
Lmao.

Is that you little pony?

You wanna do some 3 way frottage with a DL arfhunk?

Then why post on the thread? Why waste your time bumping a thread of a car that you don’t like? Why hate against a thread because “stop liking what I don’t like”?

It’s not the same person. I’ve made five threads ever about the Stinger. And typically it’s about updates for the people who do like it. That’s all.

And you do realize that there are multiple people who like this car on this board, right? Just because you’re a faggot and have to rage hate on the keyboard about things you don’t like because “if I do t like it then nobody should like it”. How about filtering the “Kia Stinger” threads? Or at least just keep scrolling? Sounds like you’re just wanting to upset about a good car that people are starting to like.

Hell, even every single reviewer likes the Stinger GT. Even if they point out any aspects about the car that isn’t as good as it’s competitors (which surprise, every single car has something that isn’t as good as someone else) faggots here just want to latch onto those aspects and act like it ruins the car and that everyone should hate it. Even though every review posted on this board ends with the reviewers loving the car as a whole.

I post information. I correct inaccurate information. That’s all. I don’t like Hyundai or Kia. And if it wasn’t for the Stinger GT, I wouldn’t even consider buying one.

Supposedly the mpg’s from Kia are:
2.0t RWD: 22/29/25
2.0t AWD: 21/29/24
3.3tt RWD: 19/25/21
3.3tt AWD: 19/25/21

But, reviewers have said they have gotten 25 combined in the 3.3tt models. So, Kia could just being conservative in their statements.

And yet, the 2018 Chevy/Holden SS is slower than the Stinger GT. The 2018 BMW 440i and 640i GC are slower than the Stinger GT. The 2018 Audi S5 sportsback is slower. The Lexus GS is slower. The Infiniti Q50 is slower. I mean come on, the pic of the “comparison” is literally only comparing the “figure 8 times” by MT against the preproduction Stinger GT. And no other performance numbers. That’s a joke. It’s basic bitch reasoning and grasping at straws to try and hate against a car.

> post the Korean spec preproduction car test
Nice job being a faggot that knows nothing.
Car Advice in Aussieland got a 4.8 sec 0-100km and 12.78 sec 1/4 mile. And Car and Driver got a 4.4 sec 0-60 mph. So, nice job cherry picking.

Manual. “Manuel” is a Hispanic guy’s name. And yes. I would like for the Stinger GT to have a manual. But, being an auto only isn’t a reason to hate it. And that comes from a guy who owns a Cobra with a 6 speed manual and a Mazdaspeed 6 with a 6 speed manual as a daily driver. People shouldn’t hate a car just because it doesn’t have a manual. And people shouldn’t hate on manual lovers and call manuals “obsolete”.

It weighs around the same as all of it’s competitors. Sports sedans aren’t meant to be light weight. Especially ones produced today. And again, the Stinger isn’t a compact sedan. It’s a mid-size to full-sized sedan.

The fuck you on about?

Hilarious. Seriously. I got a belly laugh off this. The Kia(TM) Internet marketing Department has been pushing this performance thing so hard for the last year and then the thing is actually weighed and measured... it comes up short.

> old news about the preproduction car
Here you go. Try something that was done with the post production cars.

youtu.be/maUSstd_Uko

caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-kia-stinger-gt-test-review

badgewhores LITERALLY on suicide watch!

The car and driver review has already been shown to be "we have to be nice to the guy that paid for the front inside cover ad, but we can't live with ourselves if we dont let people know the truth" review. There is a screenshot of it around here somewhere that some kia-hating user will put up... Wait a few min for it.

>Manual is faster than the auto

Autotragics on suicide watch

I’ve read the full C&D review of the car. And they praise the shit out of it. Also, if “Kia paid for blah blah blah” bullshit, the. Way is the Corvette ZR1 in the cover of that issue? Hmm? The deal here with that review is that the shitposters grasp into any little negative remark and act like it destroys the sho fucking car. Even though C&D says these lacking aspects are minor and didn’t expect them to be the same as $15k+ more cars and they still praise the car for being a great car.

I wonder I wonder if the 2019 model Commodore will be any faster.

Also, it’s not THAT much faster to beat a 12.9 sec on the street. Remember, all of the best 1/4 mile times for any car is on a prepped drag strip. Car Advice and C&D did a 12.9 sec on the street, not a prepped track. We’ll see what the Stinger GT is truly capable of in the next couple of months.