If electric vehicles are so Eco-friendly, explain this nerds

If electric vehicles are so Eco-friendly, explain this nerds

the US is a 3rd world shithole

you realize that coal powers the electricity industry and there aren't enough electric cars to touch that amount right?

what the fuck are you trying to say?

A lot of countries burn coal to produce electricity shit for brains. That's why wind, solar, and hydroelectric power are on the rise.

not yet, but if you use eletric cars it will not really save the planet.
battery powered eletric cars arent the answer.
they need to get their own power from a clean source
>protip: lithium batteries + coal eletricity != clean

Explain pollution from shipping container ships.
That shit pollutes more than all cars combined.

>That's why wind, solar, and hydroelectric power are on the rise.
In my country we do have a lot of those clean energies, that just results in a very expensive eletricity bill and having to buy energy from your neighbour country.

can't wait for the rise of nuclear guys

Yeah but look at how much they're moving in a single load.

TBQH an electric car is way more efficient so provided a gasoline energy plant were to be used for them the overall impact should be lower. Then again climate change ain't my problem.

Where'd the gooks steal that ship design from? Mercedes?

>mercedes
>ships

pls. There's no service stations at sea.

coal is some portion of the grid but that's going down quickly as natural gas becomes the dominant force.
renewables are on their slow march to dominance and solar will probably take a lot of residential power production in a decade or so as panels get cheaper and better as well as home battery backups

coal's a dead man walking and investors know it

So much this

/thread

>Sage

>Report

>Hide

In that order

a lot of companies are also doing a panels leasing type thing where you pay off the panels, grid tie, and battery backup over a few years. makes a lot of sense

wew lad

>inb4 ameribetics start talking about muh gunzzzz

Not all electricity is coal but all ICEs are burning fuel. I live in the pnw and almost all of our electricity is hydro

Nukes are where we should go but dumb slavs fucking ruin it.

every time EVs get brought up people go "muh coal producing electricity" and never think for 5 more seconds to realize that electricity is interesting because of the fact that it doesn't have to come from burning fuel, it just currently does

the kind of people who have a hard on EV hate generally
>don't believe in climate change (something something liberal science something)
>have a really hard time understanding that solar and wind and batteries get better over time, and have been for years
>are terrified of gas or manually driven cars being banned any time in the next half century
>have this weird perception that coal is most of the power grid and isn't phasing out

Why do we burn coal? Because it's cheap.
Why do you think a rise in EV vehicles will lower this current usage?

I get your point, but the sad truth is that too many rich old men have too many fingers in the pies.

It is the textbook definition of a 1st world country

those rich old men can read the writing on the wall, and are fine with going to natural gas and then to renewables, in fact a lot of the big oil and coal companies are divesting right now to hedge their bets

obsessed

They can, but they're not about to drop their monopoly on their poison of choice until it's no longer financially viable.

i mean, they already are dropping it, they're not stupid

This tbbqh

t. Europoor how's the truck attacks? Abdul taking your job yet?

Depends, is there a version out there with nicer leather for double the price?

Coal isn't cheap. The U.S. Coal industry is being propped up by the government because it can't compete with renewables. Look at West Virginia, they used to be an economic powerhouse because they have tonnes of coal and now it's one of the poorest states with it's largest industry being coal mining.

I don't have any interest in electric anything. Its boring

Therefore all EVs should be discarded