a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

wepms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EcIECFajuJU
baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/d/mint-condition-2007-suzuki/6388356851.html
virginia.buysellsearch.com/view/vehicles/motorcycles/124418560/r/vehicles/motorcycles/mk-suzuki/ml-gsx-r
elpaso.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-suzuki-gsxr-great/6407491383.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp1Tg47bc2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for 'pointless electronic ignition.'

Susucky a shit

1st for Kawasaki a best
Bush Ninja a best

>hat's 2k more than the 5 year old bike
yeah I'll have to save up

Best at what?

Best of (you)

>tfw no sssa 959

>MIGHTY SHERMAN TANK
lol Japan.

Kek, so close

At least get a base 1299 instead. All it doesn't have that a 1199 S has is the electronic suspension, which on the 1199 isn't adaptive and just changes based on the preset you select. The 1299 has the auto-blip downshifter and some pretty major changes to fueling, its rideability on the street is drastically improved.

its so unnecessary isn't it?

It's actually very important!

remember, it is a sickness to like suzukis

Can you actually pushstart a snowmobile or are the tracks + snow a 'no no' for that?

>Pointless electronic ignition
What did the gooks mean by this?

it's still the best 650

I've honestly never tried. If it doesn't have EI, its at least got a pull cord. Like a lawnmower.

No

No, XR650R is best 650

>blocks your fridge

if you're serious, points were a part of old ignition systems

youtube.com/watch?v=EcIECFajuJU

you, you live in the bay area, why aren't we riding together. MFW selling a 959 and getting a SSSA :^)

better for offroad definitely, but would you really take one of those over a KLR for highway riding? Or how about just daily commuting

>picture of the worse 650
>not an XR650R
Husky 701 best dual sport though.

I would take the honda no matter what

I have a few points ignition machines and they are a pain in the ass

>Different terms in different languages
'pointless' still doesn't make sense to me in this context. Wouldn't 'electronic' imply that it's pointless. Sounds similar to saying "we got gluten-free pizza, without gluten".
t. Non-native English euro

They're a pain to calibrate, but once they're up and running they'll practically run forever.

Because we call mechanical ignition "points ignition". It's called points ignition because the circuit is completed when two points meet. "Pointless ignition" doesn't use points and instead uses the forms of electronic ignition that we have today. It's not pointless in the sense that it's useless, rather the ignition doesn't use points to complete the circuit

Hi, please stop talking about your 701, I can't have one and its making me jealous.

"Pointless" is at least redundant in this context. The use of 'pointless' was pointless as electronic ignition systems are 'pointless'.

The points will never wear out but if literally anything breaks (old bikes do that a lot) then the points need to be recalibrated. My old yamaha has had a few issues and I've had to retime it every single time

Just get a WR250R and then scream "muh maintenance intervals" for the next 5 years.

The Sherman was a good tank

It doesn't work.
T. Snowmobile rider.

especially compared to anything the japs were fielding

I've already got a roadbike and a dirtbike, just gotta wait a year till I'm on my fulls.

It really wasn't

>Thirdworldistan
Shoulda bought a plane ticket instead of a bike desu

why does yours say KTM on the tank?

So it the engine dies and you don't have a functioning starter motor/kickstarter/chainsaw cord thingy can you still start it in any way?

Let me guess, you think that the tiger was a good tank?

snowmobiles have centrifugal clutches, so its not possible since they disengage when the engine slows down

Glorious Nazi steel folded six million times

No. But all carbureted snowmobiles have pull starts and fuel injected snowmobiles have no risk of cranking the battery to death

They'll wear out eventually. The points on this moped were squashed after being ridden 16000km. However replacing them was fairly simple. Replace the point assembly, place a 0,4mm measuring tool between the points at top dead center, tighten assembly screw, rotate igintionplate so that the mark on the flywheel meets "M" at the exact moment the points open.

Tiger tanks broke down all of the time and nobody knew how to fix them because so few were made and there wasn't a standardized model. Most of them were unique in their own way because muh german engineering.

Meanwhile, the shermans were dead reliable and they had more parts support than modern BMWs and Audis. They were all the same and incredibly simple.

must be why they lost the war

you don't have to tell me, and those breakdowns were primarily transmission problems. Same thing happened with Panthers were most were lost due to crews abandoning them rather than combat losses.

>The Tiger
>The

>Sherman
>Reliable

Can't fold steel 6 million times when there's no iron, or make tanks when there's no tungsten or oil.

>was built in large enough numbers breakdowns didnt matter

>Mfw I retarded the timing instead of fixing my jets because I'm poor

More reliable than anything that the germans made

can't win a war when you SUCK

>dubs buy nb miata
>singles buy new bike

>mass murdering children is a preferable culture

>That scrambler
did they throw a bucket of mud on it?

>Mindlessly following a soyboy college dropout who could only prosper under the condescending and guided military institutions.
>Culture

Hey /dbt/,
Question for anyone who CCWs: What are you're thoughts on carrying a compact pistol in a belly-band type holster? I currently just toss a mouse gun into my riding jacket's pocket but I recently got a PT111G2 and it doesn't seem to be a good fit for pocket carry. My riding pants don't use belt loops and I'm kinda scared of carrying IWB or OWB in case I go down. I thought about a shoulder holster but sometimes take off my riding jacket when going into a store or restaurant if it gets too hot.

Is it bad that when I see a woman who obviously isn't western European, African, or east Asian doing something reasonably cool I automatically assume she's Israeli?

I never tried a belly band because it looks like it takes longer to draw than other methods, plus I would think holstering it that way would make you flag yourself while riding.

I suppose you can do a vest underneath your riding jacket to keep a shoulder holster concealed, but it will probably look dorky.

Besides the shoulder holster, I think IWB at 5 o' clock is the best type of carry for riding.

Or 7 o'clock if you're a lefty...

I was actually hyped for a snowmobile thread just to find out its you bike fuckers again

fuck off faggot

>snowmobiles

Yes, because she's likely Caribbean.

But they're fun dood

Start one! Contribute three pictures! Watch it die...

is this a scam???

baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/d/mint-condition-2007-suzuki/6388356851.html

KLR an outdated heavy shit

Yes. Text and photo stolen from an Ebay auction.

virginia.buysellsearch.com/view/vehicles/motorcycles/124418560/r/vehicles/motorcycles/mk-suzuki/ml-gsx-r

They forgot to type in a 3 before the 8.

lol i've seen that picture on my own local craigslist so yes it's a scam

scammers always use tiny pictures, so avoid those

tfw no NX650

how am i supposed to practice for motorcycle license if i am not allowed to ride a motorcycle?

You get a permit dumbfag

How to tell if its a scam:
>Tiny pictures
>Pictures with emails or words inserted
>Picture shows homes or scenery that don't look like the area the ad is supposed to be from.
>Bike's price is a strange number, ie: $3241, $5111, $2763, etc
>Excessive usage of exclamation points!!!
>Lists the specs of the bike like as if C&P from a magazine article.
>Atrocious grammar, spelling, and heavy use of symbols in general.
>Insanely low price
>Pictures have had a shitty filter/overlay applied.

You gents think of any more?

Get a dirt bike

Just practice on the road in front of your house. The test is mostly low speed stuff, anyway.

elpaso.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-suzuki-gsxr-great/6407491383.html

My local version of that scam. Reverse image search any postings you are suspicious of.

when you text them and get a one thousand word essay in return asking for your email

Buy an XR650L; same engine, better frame and suspension, inexpensive and it's not impossible to find parts for.

Parts for Nixies are all but unobtanium, I had to cobble mine together from other bikes and random car parts

>rear shock from a Suzuki bandit
>front forks preloaded with small block chevy valve springs
>21" front wheel from an XR600r
>17" rear wheel from an XL250 with an NX cush drive and bearings
>foot pegs from a KLR
>skid plate and steg pegz made from a road sign

etc

I don't want an XR650L

I already had an XR650R, I literally only want one for the meme mini fairing.

Fair enough (hue)

I'd have loved an XR650R but settled for a DRZ

I'm torn on if I want to sell the NX or not, the DRZ is by far the better bike, but I don't know.

I'll probably put the NX's small front wheel back on, change the 14/41t sprockets out for something silly like 14/50t and sumo it

>Sumoing a 250
Don't be the meme. I bet you could sell that for enough to buy an XRR desu. Should get on it soon they seem to be appreciating.

Have you guys drop tested your bike yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fp1Tg47bc2U

If I decide to sell it, chances are good it'll sell for more in a Sumo getup.

New ones have an electric start, and pull start as a back up. Nobody wants to get stuck on the mountian.

You can start one with a piece of rope around the primary clutch as well if the pull cord breaks

Does a highside count?