>Elder thread
Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Making sales and deals
[YouTube] The ULTIMATE ESO Trading guide | BEST Money in game!

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>is the game worth playing?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PebfSs7m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thank you for the new thread, OP

My friend is getting this game however i've heard that some folks who've bought keys for it from g2a have gotten banned with no appeal. Is this true? If so, would keys from green man gaming work and not get him banned?

>freezes on loading now
ok

5/5 spider cultist
3/5 scathing mage
Iceheart's guise in bag, using spider cultist head for the 5/5 bonus.

Pic related are my skills, both lightning staff.

>buy game
>go to make account
>asked for first name, last name, full age (not just a checkbox like it should be), and country
>requires a "security question" which actually makes my account more vulnerable
>all of the questions are normie questions that dont apply to me
>fill in a bunch of fake information
>click create account
>they blocked my email provider
It's like they don't want me to play this game. I play games so I can have fun, not so I can be spied on. Should I just take it back?

So few Xbone EU people here. I'm honestly worried that it'll die off before any other server/platform combo in 3 or 4 years. If so, ZOS would need to allow an account transfer similar to when they first did the console launch.

Just a few things off the top of my head. I'd swap out overload for suppression field, but thats a personal thing. If I need to damage an eney with an ult, the lightning destro ult is the best tool for that. Suppression field is great for fights where you get swarmed by adds and need some breathing room, like the overfiend in ICP, it'll stun everything but the boss itself, negating the damage spike.

Spider cultist is a good set, I have it myself. I tried it for a while with netches touch, going 5/5 with each. My skills hit like a truck, especially lightning blockade with its extra 800 damage a tick, but the rest of my stats suffered. Personally, I think you'd get better mileage out of julianos, a more well rounded set, and word has it that its going to get a nice buff with the set changes in the next patch. There is no real reason to use scathing mage unless you are using the 5 piece, and even then sorcs have better options.

My basic suggestion as far as gear is concerned, see if you can get a 5 piece julianos for your body, and willpower jewelry. If you provide the mats, you should be able to get it for a reasonable cost. Since you are a stamina race, you are giving up extra magicka, but your health is also pretty low. That can probably be remedied with a piece of heavy armor (2% more health) and the undaunted passives at rank 2 (another 2%). More in the next post.

Iceheart is a great defensive set, and can be very useful in VMA, I run it on my magblade. As a sorc, you should be trying to aim for llambris, as they can make the bet use of the procs. However, the new monster head that is coming in the next patch may be a better bet, as it does a slightly weaker DoT in a fuck huge area and increases spell power while you are inside of it. Just switching to an offensive monster set (if you want to use a monster set) will greatly improve your DPS.

Honestly, I don't know what that first skill even is, so i won't comment on it. I would recommend switching lightning flood to liquid lightning, the longer duration will fit easier into a rotation, and since you aren't casting it as often it helps some with sustain. Shock clench is a great skill, I hope it sees more use. Some people like crystal frags, but I am not a fan. Sure it does great damage, but to me I'd rather not have to watch for the proc, I slot mages wrath instead, but that is preference. I am weird that I don't use force pulse, but with my build I don't need a spammable. The main benefit to force pulse is to proc llambris, which you aren't using. Its one way to drain yourself of magicka quickly. Next post.

It's probably going to take me a while to make the julianos set and ttc isn't giving me any results searching for Julianos. As for the willpower stuff, I'm sitting on 44 key fragments. I reduced my health a bit when I swapped from 32/32 magicka/hp to what I have now, when buffed I have 16k hp and had more back when I made the switch.

I'm not set on iceheart, I just happened to get it doing a dungeon. I'll try and get ilambris, though. I mostly want to make sure I can hold on to this 5/5 spider cultist ,so I need to replace the head. Mostly using crystal frags so level up dark magic, it's at 38. I may respec my morphs eventually.

just make an email on like gmail or something and only use it for ESO?

Finally, if you want to go for a set that adds straight numbers, julianos would be a good place to start. I would also recommend looking at netches touch. Its like spider cultist, but it adds 400 damage to your shock abilities. So you lay down blockade of lightning and liquid lightning, and apply shock clench, and all of those get 400 more damage per tick. It also applies to the shock destro ult. I use netches 5/5 on the body in divines, llambris heavy head and medium shoulders (head divines, shoulders have been elusive so they are well-fit or some shit), and willpower jewelry with spell damage enchants. I use two sharpened lightning staves, front bar has a spell power enchant, back bar has a fire enchant (serves only to proc the fire effect of llambris which has a cooldown independent of the shock proc, so both can proc at the same time). My stats will be higher just because f my passives and being a high elf.

Just some things to think about.

Shit, forgot, that is also with food. I use red frothgar for health and magicka regen, just because I prefer to have regen over more magicka.

you're @molfsontan right?

Yes

Cool, switch zones and check your mail nig.

>when you spot a nirnroot in the distance

why would keys get you banned? I've never heard of this.

is this some kind of dev posting to prevent people from saving money?

>when you spot a fucking noisy weed in the distance

I love the sound effect it has when you approach it. Is there any lore explanation for this?

there have been issues with other games of devs claiming that they were "stolen" keys, and banned a swathe of people. they never had to prove the keys were stolen, they just said it.

I know there is, but I can't remember it. Its a shame, when I first started playing I got the frost mare mount from my free crate, and I love the look, but the ambient noise it makes souds just like nirnroot. I've stopped and dismounted looking for it many times, even in the middle of the alik'r desert, so I just stopped using the mount.

Appreciated, I'm in a dungeon right now and am seeing a bit of a difference in damage done.

No worries. Its more of a general purpose set, good until you figure out what you want to specialize in, be it spider cultist, netches touch, moondancer, etc.

It sounds like a healing spell.

"Careful scrutiny of the samples revealed that they were rife with "ash salt," a highly magical substance. Dunmer native to the Vvardenfell region were known to have used ash salt as an ingredient to cure the "Blight," an awful disease which decimated their realm hundreds of years ago. This unique property of the ash salt coupled with the nirnroot's inherent magic caused the radical change... in essence; the root "healed itself."

>B*smer

What 5 piece should I try grinding out now for my Magblade since Scathing Mage will no longer proc on path?

with changes to the set bonuses and mundus stone, julianos might actually be bis with moondancer 4 piece front bar vma staff back bar.

Yeah that crit will be really nice, I need to get on MoL, only trial I have been into so far is SO and no aether to instead.

I think I may be doing less damage now. Is there something wrong in my rotation, maybe? I'm respeccing my morphs to maybe fix that.

whats the easiest way to grind out levels solo? I'm making my a stamdk and the early levels are a slog. How early should I be getting vigor?

whoops diddn't mean to quote

For a stam dk, you have access to dragon blood morphed into green dragon blood, which will give you a heal as well as increase your health and stam regen, so you can wait on vigor a bit if you have to. Its still an important skill, and I hate it because I suck so much at pvp.

Its about finding what works for you. With my build of netches touch x 5, willpower x 3, llambris, gold sharpened lightning staves, I use

Power Surge / Mages Wrath / Hardened Ward
/ Inner Light / Bound Aegis / Thunderous Rage

Lightning Blockade / Shock Clench / Liquid Lightning / Boundless Storm / Bound Aegis / Suppression Field

That is for pugs, solo, and regular dungeons. I can do 22k - 26k single target with this set up if the tank is using puncture for major breach. In most pugs, no one is going to keep major sorcery up, but the tank will hopefully be using pierce armor for major breach, so I don't need to run elemental drain, just keep my own sorcery up. Since my lightning skills get a big buff, I lay down blockade, clench, then liquid lightning, and I do two heavy attacks (they also get the damage boost from the netchs touch), then repeat. I am almost always 80%+ on magicka except for burn phases. In a good group where I don't need boundless storm I'll switch in crystal frags, since I normally get the proc on my back bar when I am reapplying my DoT's so I don't need to bar switch. For a good group where I don't need to keep power surge up, I can also slot force pulse on the front bar for a spammable.

Should skeleton khajiit have boobs? And teal bones?

I will say, people who look at streamers like Alcast and say they are the be all end all are wrong. They are a fantastic resource, but don't take them as gospel. Like, loot at Alcast's build, people try to run that solo and wonder why they die. No power surge to self heal. It is a build that is designed for max DPS within the context of a well geared trial. People are wearing different armor sets to compliment and buff each other, so you can forgo some defense for damage. We can't play that way normally.

People need to realize that you aren't going to be getting 40k DPS in a regular pug because the same synergy in gear and buffs aren't there. Not talking to anyone in particular, just been enjoying a few drinks and felt like venting about this issue.

Its from where the dress was stretched out in life.

Is 5/2 worth running for the extra health?
Thinking about VMA mostly because I still don't have any medium shoulders but just got a heavy helm, or should I swap my heavy chest for a medium piece to keep 5/1/1?

thanks, bb
now we know!

honestly it comes down to what you are more comfortable with. if you feel better getting the more health, then go for it, if you want the more defense from the heavy chest than go with that. the important thing is that you keep at least 5 pieces in your specs armor weight for the bonuses, such as 5 light for the spell crit and magicka regen.

The real question is
>should a stamina race play a magicka spec?

Yes if the player has the skill to make up for it

Is stam sorc fun? Magicka sorc fairly repetitive, but I suppose i am playing an mmo.

I agree. I play altmer magsorc because I am an eternal shitter and I need all the help I can get. I have come to terms with this over two decades of MMO's, I am at peace.

here you go bb

be careful, get to close to the fire and youll get burned

What a fucking shitty screenshot.

love you too babe

I would still have my 5 light pieces yeah, and since I haven't farmed any BiS gear I can still play around with my crafted stuff.
I think I'll give it a shot and see how it goes, running 5 julianos and 2 groth now, maybe the health will help keep me out of water and finally get gooder.

vma ive found is like getting laid the first time, tons of build up, tears, blood, sometimes an angry brother or two, but once youve done it once it gets easier each time

I gave up on the spider daedra round to grind my undaunted to 9, I really need to get back at it.

>bow of the viper apparently doesn't drop anymore
I wonder in all the times I've grinded this shit dungeon I never seen one.

that is the round that fucked me for the longest time, another user here wrote a guide that helped to break me through

pastebin.com/PebfSs7m

Have you ever been kicked for your race,/tesog/?

sup nig

Neat I will have to give this a read, thanks

biggest thing about the boss round is that there is an enrage timer on her. you have 2 minutes to kill her or she one shots you. you can reset this timer by dewebbing all the obelisks and stunning her. so during the boss fight, the biggest thing to watch for are the hoarvers to dewebb the obelisks and the spiders trying to cover them again. the mini daedra needs to die fast since it slows you, making it hard to escape the spider swarm and the bosses aoes. besides that, its just a matter of doing damage to her, interrupting her attacks, and moving. if you can get her to 60% health before you stun her and drop your ultimate on her you should be able to burn her down without having to worry about stunning her again. but, make sure obelisks are uncovered to hide from the spider swarms.

New to the game, trying to figure out what to play.

It seems like Nightblade is going to be my pick. I like melee classes, but Templar seems alright too.

Stamina nightblade is a true glass cannon, kill before they kill you. You will be squishy but do a shit load of damage. Magicka nightblades are all about utility, they boast good damage, can heal, stun, immobilize, root, buff, debuff, all at the same time. Templar healers are some of the best thanks to all of the skills at their disposal, and stamina templars are very active in their playstyle, always re-positioning and attacking to gain the most advantage.

Good to know, I will probably try again after a few trial runs tomorrow.
I'll have to remember this advice.

Do Nightblades see action in PvE? I plan to do a ton of PvP but I would also like to see PvE side of it

One of the best trial guilds in the world runs with 2 NB.

Stamina nightblades have some of the highest DPS parses in the game. The problem is that because they sacrifice defense and living for their damage, they don't get to flex their luxurious DPS much except for well planned trials (this games raids). The biggest problem with nightblades is that other classes, such as magicka sorcerers, can do almost as much damage but they can do it from range, so they are safer (not as many boss aoe's and close range attacks to worry about). NB's did get some buffs in morrowind, such as blade cloak that reduces their aoe damage by 25% (?) making them a bit more hardy. Also, to get the high damage, stamina NB's are very ger dependent, so you will need to farm for the best stuff to make it work. but trust me, once you make it work, you'll break bones and laugh.

T-thanks for the crown crates, zos

Fuck it I am sold then. At worst I will go Magicka Nightblade is I don't like Stam

>3 nix hound pets
>magenta hair
>eyebrow shields
>250 crown lethal poison

such a deal!

Are there any musthave Addons for this shit?

All I have right now is the Minimap and Skyshards. I wish I could see my journal on my normal UI

>tfw got the green narsis guar from one of them

Feels real good

fuck me I had two of those and I got rid of them cleaning out my bank

Why are my abilities so worthless at low levels? I am fresh off the tutorial and my abiltities do literally nothing

class and race and specialization?

Wood Elf Nightblade level 5

Took one point in each tree because they seemed useful. Plan to stick to Assassin afterwards

level all 3 class skill lines, the passives alone are valuable. from there, decide if you want to use dual wield or twohander. later, you'll want to put a bow in your second weapon slot and second skill bar that opens up at level 15.

Damn, they changed the champion points a lot now. Is pvp better now? It seems less retardedly OP.

>bosmer

>flower hat
>dwemer monocle
>keptu armor
>nix hound pet
>albino guar

What does zos want me to play as?

>Open my free crown crates

>Complete Order of the Hour style motif
>Clockwork Shalk pet
>A Guar mount
>Dwemer armor memento
>Nedic Duraci armor costume, aka the only good-looking heavy armor type costume I've found so far

I feel like I made a wish on a monkey's paw and something awful is about to happen to me to balance this out

what class are you?

Magblade

Fuck this Nedic armor is so good

Faggot newbie here again

Should I just be doing all the quests possible in each zone? Fuck me some of these quests are long as fuck, and while I dont care to rush leveling, HOLY SHIT some of this is boring to tears

I do everything but that's because I'm an OCDish completionist and get off on seeing every quest hub icon on the map turn white

Really you can skip them if you want, very few reward anything more meaningful than a chunk of gold and a usually-mediocre piece of gear, and the ones that give skill points are pretty much always in the faction's main questline

Which faction?

Faggot you say? Let me be the first to welcome to Riven Inn where all you wildest dream is an ERP.
Whisper VolatileRaptor for more info.

Maybe I will get on with it once these guards get over the fact I stole something when no one was even on that floor but they somehow fucking saw even though there was physically no one in the room or in the doorway and now they want to rend my fucking asshole insiie out for 15gold and I dont have anything because I am literally fresh off the boat and now I have to gold to bay but they keep moving the goalposts inbetween using my body as a fucktoy for their high end magic and swords

get to lvl 10 in like 30 minutes, then do desert dolmen or dungeons queue. even better if you find someone to craft you xp gear.

Fuck off, Mr Imperial Tank you know who you are

Where do you get dem sweet racial skeleton skills ?

It's a helmet from the pirate dungeon on vet.

Tell me to stop being an autist an make my new warden character, /tesog/.

no

I think it's just because the leather is molded in a breast shape, ya know? That's how I think of it I guess

If you are talking about how to turn into a skeleton 100% of the time yourself it's a quest in shadowfen

I was just memeing, don't take it seriously.

yup

k

sorry ill stop posting

did i tell you to stop?

I'm playing DK tank sword and board for both my bars but I'd like to be buff my team more.

I just have some shielding + Molten Armaments. Can I do more ? Maybe with a resto staff ?

Yeah I got this one already but it's human for everyone. I just learned that the skellie skin from the dark brotherhood is race dependent.

sorry I'll keep posting

time to go farm kuta