/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1300

■ Current Update (7/5): 「ファンタシースター感謝祭2017 ONLINE」Part4
bumped.org/psublog/face-a-more-powerful-phantom-battoruship-yamato-as-episode-4-comes-to-an-end/
pso2.jp/players/event/5th_anniversary/online/webevent/02/

■ Heroes: EPISODE 5 starting 7/26
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-9-recap/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-hero-class-preview/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-episode-5-buster-quests/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=i_boostevent
├ Google: google.com/calendar/[email protected]
├ Random EQ Hourly Advance Notice (JP): twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
└ Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ Current Scratches: pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/
├ Eccentric Girls (until 7/26)
├ Tropical Summer Ocean (until 8/9)
└ [SG] Mother Cluster Imitation (until 12/13)

■ Current Collection Files
├ Phantom God (Zeinesis series, until 11/1)
├ Majestic/Phantom Battoruship (until 11/29)
├ Revolutio 2 (until 2018/3/7)
└ Aura (until 2018/3/21)

□ FAQs, Lilipans, Guides, (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
├ General Information/News: bumped.org/psublog/
├ Basic English Patch: pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/
└ Buy AC using PSO2es: pastebin.com/raDBtSpa

□ Database/Wiki
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com (EN)

□ Simulators
├ Skill Trees: arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
├ Affixing: pso2affix.seilent.net/
└ Damage Calculator: 4rt.info/psod/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ebiiiiiine/status/886798279333117953
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZe0ST3v_HQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wJJ1JhQ7-jI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're both garbage compared to Fi damage so who cares

2nd for Matoi a shit.

also this twitter.com/ebiiiiiine/status/886798279333117953

Post your character

Are these the buster quest units? Those look insane

Twitter is the no.1 source for nude mods after they fled from 2ch due to leaks

Reminder we don't have Sword buffs because of Over End + Automated Halfline meme being spun too hard.

If this is legitimate (and there is a very high chance it is not, let's be real here) these would actually be the Saiki killers Saikifags have been waiting for.

haven been hopping on since evo was all weekend so i just have old ones

LMAO@faggots who spent 100m affixing subpar units

To be honest I really hope it's fake. I really hate how often they introduce unit upgrades now. It's too expensive to constantly reaffix new sets now that you can't sell your old sets any more. We got to wear Saiki for over a year, now they add better units every couple of months. If we could sell 12* units it would be a different story. Too many classes rely on astral soul to be reaffixing that often.

>mfw retarded people just dumped 200m all atk units for hero instead of waiting for these

>tfw have 5s Gruezora rear, 5s RIna Arm, and 5s Qliphad leg that was already affixed a long ass time ago before hero was revealed
>people are honestly gonna spend millions 150+ all atk units with fuck all for pp

this is why you never fucking talk to Hu's

If this is real then there's no point in wasting my money on affixing this week, I could just save the fodders for that.

Well, they've been trying to avoid a specific unit set being the king of them all. Saiki was the king and full Austere (orbit leg if you didn't use an austere weapon or preferred the stats) was a contender. If you look at them now; Austere + 12 star leg is the king with a bunch of viable units that no longer have set bonuses, allowing players to mix and match what they want for their playstyle. That unit, if it's a 3 piece set, will throw a bunch of that out the window. Of course, it'll depend on how often it'll drop.

Being able to sell 12 star units would be nice, a lot of people would be able to get rid of units they no longer want / don't have any use for (like Izane for example).

it is? huh didnt know that

I'm hoping they add 12* trading in early 2018, that's about the time you would expect they add it. Affix prices are starting to get out of hand, I really hope they aren't holding off on 12* trading in order to get people to buy AC scratches.

Nothing in the game requires units this loaded. These are luxury stats. I'm using 120/60/10 blue shine/Izane/Izane and pull 30-40k dps on Deus. I can solo PD S rank effortlessly with my stats. I already spent around 60mil on these affixes and I don't plan to do that again. It takes me over 4 months if I'm lucky to generate that much meseta. Sega needs to stop fucking around and fix their affixing mechanics already. Prices are becoming far too high.

So why do people think this is real, exactly?

> These are luxury stats.
> I already spent around 60mil on these affixes and I don't plan to do that again.
If they're luxury stats, why are you complaining? Are they luxury stats you want but can't have?
Your units are already barebones. You don't need to work on anything new because, according to you, it's luxury anyways.

Which is why you and everyone else will still get and affix them because there's nothing else to do in this game

At least he still thinks affix prices are becoming too high. The affixes I follow are up 25-100% compared to where they were 6 months ago. This is saying nothing about boosters as well, elegant power could break 100m by the end of the year if they don't revive it soon.
My worst unit set in ep3 was 145/9, it's annoying to even sustain that nowadays with how often 12* upgrades come out.

Elegant power is reviving this week. They are reviving the elegant and noble scratch for boost week. Still elegant power will probably only lower to 25-30mil at the least.

It's a start but it still doesn't fix all the other affixes that have ballooned in price. Not even just s-atk ones either.

They can fix the problem by greatly increasing the chance of getting abilities like modulator and flict to drop and increasing the average number of abilities per drop.

I could put some numbers next to katakana too. That doesn't mean it'd mean much without saying where this is from.

isn't this just on ship 2? I always thought ship 2 is the one suffering the most from the people I talk to

Everywhere is suffering when it comes to elegants, considering they haven't been revived for a very long time.

But SAFs exist, it's just elegant power and astral/ether fodder being too expensive

I'd be happy with just 12* unit trading. The biggest problem with the increasing prices is how impractical it is to do good affixes now with the constant 12* upgrades they keep churning out. In ep3 when I was done with a Saiki set I could resell it and usually make a profit. In ep4 I upgrade and now I have a paperweight worth 40-60m per unit.
Affixing prices are similar across ships. Ship 2 AC scratch items usually cost more but even nobles/elegants cost about the same on other ships.

>Discussing unit affixing
>lol SAFs guys!!!

>Elegant power is reviving this week.
Source? The official players site doesn't have the scratch contents listed yet.

they always bring them back for dudu nerf week

Reminder to by your returner fodder for the hero units you'll definitely NEED.

>mfw Ill use the basic bitch units im using for Fi and still do better then you

Nice try, Sega. I'll try dedicated units for each type of attack before I decide if I want to use all weapons.

How do I cure my affixing allergies? Whenever I think of doing affixing I just break out in hives.

3s soul/stat/flict on everything.. Easy peasy.

Where do people even get the meseta to drop multiple hundred million on affixes?

>Buster Quest - Mining Base 2.0
>Be the fastest and strongest
>My Gurens and Shunkas annihilate all
>MFW

In the past you could sell certain 11-12* weapons for tens of millions a piece, and they weren't exactly uncommon if you were trying to get them. Now it's pretty much all market manipulation shit or whaling on scratches

you can't do market manipulation if you're not already rich

Bluesy Requiem is so fuckin HOT

Yup. The current state of money making in this game is shit. You either grind for hours to get a relatively small amount of money, or already be rich and put in very little effort to get a shitton.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my zondeel and gifoie destroying entire waves of mobs.

By the time you zondeel and begin to charge gifoie I had already cut them all in half with my GUREN TESSEN.
All you would see is exp numbers as I dash onto the next pack.

I love how comfy this thread is, despite it not being very active.

Post your Casts

>Post your Casts
You are not worthy to set eye on my cast.

>comfy
???

Why did they abandon the majority of the cast from ep1-3? They seem to do the same thing when it comes to content too.

I don't mind the idea of being a regular ARKS guy that just happens to stroll around to kick the badguys asses from time to time, but it would probably be bad if the characters didn't notice everytime you beat the big bad. Though you could argue in canon we 12 man those. It's also questionable in that although you save Matoi you now have a respawning monster killing ARKS by the shiploads everytime you fight it that's basically your fault.

>TFW your favorite characters aren't story relevant and never will be, to make it worse they show up less, some of them not at all.
Matoi was the only character that did anything relevant of the old cast and that was just one scene. The other she just randomly shows up to let Hitsugi have a "big damn hero" moment.

It's shit. None of the characters that ranked well were main characters save for "Earth Zeno" Enga and Xiera which is probably because they didn't get shoved in your face as much as the writers attempt at replacing PC as the protagonist, the crazy bisexual, and "onee-chan" the shota. Though I do question why Phaleg and Mother ranked highly.
Kohri ranked higher than Hitsugi did, so the user who keeps saying she should've been the main character are probably right, if they removed Hitsugi and made Kohri an insane yandere about the PC instead she probably would've hit the top 3 easily. People love crazy waifus, but since she's not interested in your PC that means most aren't interested either.

You see, Hitsugi has Echo-tier popularity because she's a pointless screentime blackhole with no return for time spent on her, imagine Matoi without payoff.
OH NO HITSUGI GOT STABBED AND IS IN A COMA oh it's just to give her a transformation upgrade that does nothing to make her useful in real combat and all she does with it is killsteal two bosses in cutscenes, one of them the final of the episode after you've already beat the shit out of them, and then the game pretends you didn't beat them up.

>Though I do question why Phaleg and Mother ranked highly.
The former is basically gettem with tits minus being a manical jackass and mother because MILF memes (though some could say phaleg fits the niche as well)

>"onee-chan" the shota

sega treats pso2 as if it's a mobile game

Episode 5 will have Luther at least, but will he be able to carry the episode if every other new character sucks and is uninteresting?

I have no experience with mobile games because they're all trash. Could you elaborate for me?

no.

>Only returning character is Luther
>Dumb robutt and shitty xion clone only other returners
Ep5 is going to be trash. I remember asking myself if they could do anything worse than ep4 and I have my fucking answer.

Why the fuck does this cost so much when the other parts are dirt cheap?:

This is just the beginning. Just wait until Mother returns.

>Only returning character is Luther
If you ignore all the other returning characters, sure.

Xiera and Xiao? What did I miss?

Hotglue
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZe0ST3v_HQ

Gettemhart and (EP0) Melphonsina, also the original PS characters are technically returning from something in the series.

>sakai will never be this much of a /ourguy/
youtube.com/watch?v=wJJ1JhQ7-jI

>pso will never have its own section with live test builds to play
>pso will never appear at an E3
>pso will never have something with as much hype as pre-release Stormblood
>pso will never draw a crowd of fans like this
>pso will never come back to the west
>pso will never make a comeback
Just fuck my dreams up

>wanting a western release
You're retarded.

sakai/sega are fucking lazy to make big movements for their game, they're in they're comfort zone

>(EP0) Melphonsina
What?

their comfort zone*
Also FUCK FFXV, PSO2 is much better in terms of combat and character customization.

>implying i meant pso2
>implying I don't want a superior portable pso with online ala psp2/psp2i
faggot

The original Melphonsina, Melrondia's sister. She was mentioned in EP1 and 2 but made her first actual appearance in the EP0 manga.

If FFXV can be this big, so can PSO2.

>son of a saudi oil baron tier
RMT
scratching like a damn whale

>working hard tier
having multiple characters, doing dailies, taxqs, and gathering COs

>RNG tier
selling receptor units you get from ES
selling units with valuable affixes you can only get from EQs

You dont really need to drop hundreds of millions on your units nor do you need to have elegant strikes on everything.

50m would enough for a decent 5s satk unit without noble/elegants

Sega needs to get off their xenophobic asses and do something with it first. Everyone knows that a straight up port of PSO2 to the west will be a gigantic flop so they actually need to make something like PSP2 to get people interested.
Too bad that will never, ever, EVER happen.
Just like a VirtualOn title being released.

>Xenophobic
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's not actually why a big corporation decided to not do something.

Cause PSO1 Blue Burst went over so well.

>People fell for this

Did Blue Burst even get a release outside of Japan?

What if.... hear me out, ok? Just what if... they contact and hire the PSUMod dudes to make a proper translated version of PSO2, upgrade their servers and add international ships for the gaijins.

Pros: You get to play the superior JP version and enjoy the updated content and collab stuff, the past collabs will probably not be revived for you, though. UNLESS people from other ships bring the stuff over expecting to sell them to gaijins for a higher price but you can still get to have the upcoming collabs.

Cons: Ping.

They didn't know how to work hard and advertise their shit properly, that's why SEGA lost so much potential against its competitors.

Yes, it did and it flopped hard.

I guess that means has a point. I literally did not know it existed outside of japan.

How do you spawn a parallel area?

same way you spawn a tagami or emperappy.

Which is?

you don't, it's pure rng.

It is very much probably one of the many reasons PSO2 will never come to the US. Also I don't think SEGA JP gives a shit about SEGA US.

Guess I'll just keep running quests, then.

Should I feed my pet only s-attack shit like mag? Does dex actually do something for pets?
How do I not fuck this thing up?

How do you deal with... anything, as ranger?

I just got out of XH Yamato, and both times, without even attacking him, Hagith was on me INSTANTLY, and stuck to me like glue. I couldn't MH through his constant stun orb spam, and any time I'd try to combo sneak shooter->sat cannon I'd barely get past sneak shooter before a stun orb was on me again. Even once the multi-party turned their attention towards Hagith, he never relented, even as the entire fucking multi-party wailed on him; he only focused on me, locking me down for that entire segment.

I've noticed similar issues in the LQs, now that I've gone back to ranger. Even without firing a shot, it's like ranger is hardcoded to get aggro over everyone else. The Ep4 segment of the 1-4 LQ is especially hellish since I'm perpetually stunned, paralyzed, confused, grabbed, or juggled any time I try to make space or fire off a charge shot.

Also, what are the launcher PAs of choice? I was told Divine Launcher Type-0 is good, but charging it up to follow up a gravity bomb seems no better than charging End Attract or Satellite Cannon - that is, it's just not going to fucking happen. The gravity effect expires before the charge is done.

Anything is fine, they have a cap on all their individual bonus stats and no limit on how much you can feed them. Dex actually does work normally with pets, since they have a very wide attack variance. The only way you can fuck up a pet is to give it expensive but bad candies.

You use parallel slider type-0 when EA/SC isn't an option. Launcher PAs are Divine type-0, cosmos breaker, sphere eraser, and zero distance. You don't need grav bomb active to use divine, since it has such a massive AoE.

Ahh, alright. What about the aggro thing? Was it just that we had shit group composition in the multi-party or something?

I love Patty-chan.And Tea des

First hit draws aggro in the majority of situations