What do you think of small, high revving V8s?

What do you think of small, high revving V8s?
youtube.com/watch?v=s5Q_rGllPVs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EopV7A5H-BU
youtube.com/watch?v=l-lbxIJD3V8
youtube.com/watch?v=QFLdfeOwQdk
youtube.com/watch?v=HIxngbwE8jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>356hp at 10,300 rpm
>11,600rpm redline

Kinda pointless in anything over 1800lbs. You're going to have to gear it too low in anything pigfat. You only need that rev modulation if you're going flat out at a track. It's already bad enough with the torqueless FA20 that you need to shift 4 times to get across an intersection.

This seems ideal for a miata, why hasn't anyone done that swap yet?

The only acceptable kind of a V8

youtube.com/watch?v=EopV7A5H-BU

>$70,000

>rev to 11k meme
is that a racing engine or a motorbike swap?

don't need them. A lower reving torque monger is a better overall choice.

Two 1200cc Ninja engines grafted together at the crank. Synergy has three configurations:

>2000cc V8 - >400hp, 14,500rpm maximum. Finger follower valve train. S1000RR cylinder head.

>2400cc V8 - 405hp, 11,600rpm maximum. Cost effective performance. ZX12R based.

>3000cc V8 - 515hp, 10,900rpm maximum. High performance, ZX12R / ZX14R cylinder head

>really strange but autistically brilliant japanese car mod
>high revving v8
>RidgeRacer style DnB background music

This video tickled my autism JUST RIGHT

prefer high revving large V8s tbqh

2,269 hp @ 8500 rpm and 1469 ft lbs @ 7800 rpm from a 8.8L V8 and its cheaper than op engine

small ones are cool in stuff like vintage sports cars that weigh less than a ton tho

how much hp would a single ninja make?
actually nevermind, it would probbably be undrivable below 6k rpm anyway

Why would anyone drive a manuel ever if people just dislike switching gears?

That's literally the point in bikes though. Having "usable torque" is a bad meme for fat Americans and automatic trannies

yeah bikes dont need torque their hp is magical

$70,000 for super gluing two motor cycle engines. How?

Prolly because if you don't superglue it just right all you did was make a grenade that weighs a ton

>im retarded the post

there not even remotely comparable applications

>What do you think of small, high revving V8s?
>prefer high revving large V8s tbqh

nice to know answering a question makes you retarded

making posts like yours is a sign of intelligence tho Im sure

youtube.com/watch?v=l-lbxIJD3V8

>what do you think of lightweight racing engines
>I prefer boat anchors designed for running for short periods in straight lines

i love murican v8s but holy shit

this is a 3.4l v8 making one of the best sounds an engine can make

>calls me retarded
>puts words into ops posts that arent there

k

Id hardly call a big block that weighs less than a iron small block and makes over 2000hp pigfat

how can other engines emulate this sound? idk about power or speed, i want the singing engine.

>thinks that setup weighs less than a stock iron small block
>thinks that is anywhere even remotely relevant to the discussion of cars made to race on a track

its a fucking drag car. thats like bringing a boat to a f1 race

its not the same thing you fucking retard

youtube.com/watch?v=QFLdfeOwQdk
oh lord when it echoes around the hills

youre the retard making an issue over nothing

op asked what I thought

not HURR THESE IS LIGHTWEIGHT V8S FOR CIRCUIT RACING DONT TALK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE

fucking dumbass this has to be what actual autism looks like

and sorry an aluminum BBC weighs less than a iron SBC

>bbc weighs less

its a billet race engine, it weighs less than stock. but to think the overall setup is lightweight is fucking retarded. it has a giant procharger (F1-X?) that probably weighs more than the engine in OP

your comparing apples and oranges because thats what tripfags do

youre shitposting and derailing a thread because its what anons do

They are my fetish. Especially if it's a pushrod small block being push well beyond what it was originally designed to do:
youtube.com/watch?v=HIxngbwE8jg

>inb4 not small
Maybe in displacement, but the exterior dimensions are pretty small by V8 standards.

Because if you really want 12K RPM and 350hp, you swap in a turbobusa engine for way less money and weight.

Very high RPM, very high piston speed, and a set of heads that flow an extreme amount of exhaust volume per minute despite being physically small.

I'm not here to directly argue with you, and yes that procharged big block in that chassis will never make it around a racetrack with corners.

However.

Big blocks can be relevant when it comes to track racing (pic related). Also, aluminium small blocks can be very light, making them suitable for track use. Especially the SBF, considering that an iron block one already gives an aluminium LS a run for it's money in the weight department.

>it has a giant procharger (F1-X?) that probably weighs more than the engine in OP
Synergy V8 is 92kg, ProCharger F1X is a whole lot lighter.

mfw they turned that slow little (fun) box into a little ferrari

I approve.

I. Want. The. 14k. RPM. Variant.

Holy fuck that's fucking beautiful reminds me so much of the M3 GTR

>those magnificent vintage F1 sounds from a proper V8

Hold me lads, can we ever go back?

Is this okay that this makes me sexually excited?

Theoretically, could I take six Ducati Panigale 1299 V Twin blocks and make a 7.7L V12?

I do like it, very much. Although it does beg the question of where is the torque?
A boosted ls is more powerful and has a better low end.

Not realistic with that setup.
Wide open intake manifold wouldnt be something you'd run in a production car.

At a certain size, you're gaining too much weight of the engine block wasted for too little displacement, and too much mass moving around.
For a smaller displacement, just get a smaller setup with less cylinders.
Im sure some really smart guy has already done the math as to what point its optimal to switch to a larger engine size at certain volumetric displacement levels.
While it would be super cool to have a 2L V12, its a fucking waste, just like this little project is.

>tripfags are cancer
the post

My "torquelet" 600 is geared so you're already at like 7k RPM at "not even leaning" speeds in first. If you know how to launch, it pulls fine, and 0-60 times prove it. Make of that what you will, and remember that when some loser from /dbt/ complains about his sportbike not having enough torque. They just don't know how to ride and go really slow all the time.

>Wide open intake manifold wouldnt be something you'd run in a production car.
The ITBs are sealed by the hood. Air intake in the grille is stock.

>I don't care about power or speed

Then just dump a Kawasaki ZX250R engine in your shitbox - friend had one with a yoshimura exhaust or some shit and it sounded a lot like a F1 car.
He was a big dude too so it was pretty funny when you'd hear him revving it out to 18k and cycling though the close ratio gears thinking "Wow that thing is seriously hauling" then you just see some fat guy on a little bike going 80kmph....