Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13462830
strawpoll.me/13462934
strawpoll.me/13462991
youtube.com/watch?v=GjkVL2jhhAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kind reminder that a game which lacks strong zoning, is a game not worth playing.

Kind reminder that Steam's concurrent player count for SFV is inflated.

Kind reminder that SFV and T7 are identically lamentable. Both games have horrendous input lag, terrible online experience, a lack of character variety, long and artificial load times, and sparse on features. Promoting either of these games weakens the fighting game community.

Kind reminder that Dragonball FighterZ will be a poorly crafted fighter with abysmal space control, awful movement when compared to the Marvel series, lack of assist variety, and no appreciable character archetype diversity. Just because it's not Capcom doesn't mean it won't be bad. If you have to constantly compare yourself to current Capcom to make a game sound good, then it's a shit game.

>tfw no spiderman homecoming brrip until september
Will the cam ruin the experience?

This comparison doesn't make sense since Capcom didn't make the Udon comics.

Is that Len?

Old man general.

No, it's White Len.

strawpoll.me/13462830

strawpoll.me/13462830

strawpoll.me/13462830

Frankly, mvci became a huge dissappointment roster wise when I realized they were half assing it and using animations from the last game and pushing mcu.

You could see the care that was put into Jedah. People wanted a roster full of that. But we won't get it.

who /comingbacktoalex/ here

play brown with tan lines

strawpoll.me/13462934

strawpoll.me/13462934

strawpoll.me/13462934

Being an old man is alright because you can just go for reads and have fun instead of tricking yourself into thinking you'll win EVO

Will bullet finally be not garbage tier when cf gets the new patch update?

Not only that, but they didn't even give Jedah a trailer, just showed him off in one exhibition match, skipped his intro and then quickly glossed over him.

Considering all the love Jedah got it's got me more excited for the Hunter.

>Because those arent the characters that actual Marvelfags, who would be actually playing Marvel, care about. They want Magnes, they want Logan, Wack Bot and the gang. That's why that function shit pissed people off.
But that is like complaining that Tatsunoko vs Capcom doesn't have Wolverine and the cast is too bland. He doesn't belong to either of those companies, and people understood that and didn't complain about the cast of that game. This is an entirely different game where they're crossing over with an entirely different Marvel from the one from back in the day. Who from current Marvel, the company they're actually crossing over with, could they add to make the roster feel less bland? I feel like people mad about the roster just don't realize that they don't want a new Marvel, they want a Fox vs Capcom with Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Doom, and other Fox characters. It's weird having to defend this roster because I don't give a fuck about this game.

Marvel didn't make the MCU movies, Marvel Studios made the MCU movies.

Marvel and Marvel Studios are as much the same company as Marvel is ABC or Tristar. They're only related in terms of a parent company using their IPs.

What the fuck? Why'd they do it like that then?

Nice Sour grapes

Fox doesn't own X-men. They're still Marvel characters.

which character is the "le man of man frame traps" in jive?

strawpoll.me/13462991

strawpoll.me/13462991

strawpoll.me/13462991

She started out bad, and she's stayed bad in every update so far. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm no expert but I don't see how you could make Bullet not shit with her current moveset

After infiltration winning evo last year you literally don't have any excuse unless you are like 40

And even then you are a bitch

Who isn't?

>But that is like complaining that Tatsunoko vs Capcom doesn't have Wolverine
Except it's nothing like that at all, Marvel used to own the X-men and Fantastic Four beforehand, it's not like both teams always belonged to FOX.

What did you place at EVO?

why did everyone turn on infiltration after tokido won evo

Didn't she get worse in CF? They made it harder to combo into 5D

They did that because Marvel wanted to make sure Disney would do right by Marvel films. Marvel agreed when Disney bought them that there would be a Marvel Studios, and Disney agreed that Marvel Studios would be in charge of all Marvel movies. Marvel Studios was initially headed by people from Marvel. It's not anymore, but the point is Marvel set initial trends and Disney is content to let initial trends be longstanding trends.

Regardless, MCU's storyline is completely different from Marvel's 616 storyline in their comics, which is the "real" comic universe.

Imagine a game where you can play a team with
>Mitsuru(p4a) and Weiss(
>Makoto (bb) and Yang
>Ragna and Ruby
>generic edgy schoolboy and Blake

Guess I'm still not gonna bother learning her then.

Top 64 but I got defiled hard in a bad matchup.

>infiltration

>Bullet
l o l

weird that capcom doesn't add non mcu characters then. you'd think a fairly low budget fighting game would be a pretty good place to test how receptive people are to the more niche marvel characters.

God fucking damn I hate Dhalsim. I hate everything about him. I've hated him for fucking 20 years.

I hate how he looks. I hate how he acts. I hate how he plays. Fuck everything about him.

Those teams belong to Marvel, Fox just owns the rights to any movies made with those characters. Disney can put Doom and Magneto in as many video games as they want and Fox gets no say and no money.

They still don't. Your entire argument is nonsensical.

So, someone told me yesterday SPDs on keyboard are braindead. Can someone tell me how to do it reliably? I can do it after a jump but not straight up just 360 standing still.

does anybody else respect combofiend for his dedication?

Infil is my fucking nigga
BGC STILL fucking mad he left them behind

youtube.com/watch?v=GjkVL2jhhAU

No

Yeah, litchi is way better than bullet.

It's a good thing the game is all about the MCU. If it was about the comics you would have black female Iron Man, black or evil Captain America, female Thor, etc.

Any Birdie players want to do a quick ft3 before I go to bed?
CFN Athle2

>using animations from the last game
Tekken has been using the same animations since Tekken 2...

Is watching EVO more fun to watch if you choose some random player to arbitrarily swear your loyalty to?

If you change wasd to fasd (f being up) then literally just drum your fingers across asdf and press punch at the same time you press f.

What's wrong with any of those things?

I mean, he's not wrong.

If it was using comic stuff we'd have Unworthy Thor, Totally Awesome Hulk, Teen Nova and Teen Ghost Rider.

Pretty much this:
But they don't want to promote their rival film maker's properties, so it's a weird situation where they own them, but kinda don't really. Doesn't Fox own the merchandise rights too though?

I love old men desu

Not really. Unless you've put money on that player.

Rashid

Those aren't the characters anyone signed on for, that's what.

Especially Nazi Captain America.

b-b-but tekken is the savior of the fgc. I never played a tekken ever before b-b-but tekken 7 is the greatest game i have ever played.

Capcom used to have standards for one.

Post good beginner characters in Under Night In Birth and characters to avoid

Evil Cap is good, though. I'll admit I don't really care for the new Iron Maiden or Jane Foster Thor, or some of the other more recent shit going on in Marvel, but Evil Cap is fucking nuts and I love it.

Play Weiss

I forgot the part where TvC was really called MvC. Had me fucked up for a moment there. Fox vs Capcom sounds pretty lit though, if you put it that way.

>CVS2
>Recycled assets
>Most people praise that game
user....

And that gives Capcom a free pass to do the same with MVC?

Avoid yuzuriha unless you are literally fucked in the head

Nostalgia fags are already mad about no X-Men, imagine if the Avengers are also completely different people from the ones people recognize from nostalgia/movies?

EVO is more fun to watch if you follow the scene all year long and know the player and the stories that happened throughout the year to lead to EVO

>reusing assets for years in Marvel, Capcom vs SNK and other titles
lmao

Good beginner characters:
Ones you like

Avoid these characters:
Ones you don't like.

Modern marvel is the one company worse than modern capcom

If you genuinely like a player it becomes hella good. Emotional investment makes everything better.

lmao Capcom recycled the alpha sprites for years

People expected Capcom to deliver in a big way. It's a marvel game, visuals matter.

Jedah is the only character to visually impress me int he whole game.

So the problem is just the name "Marvel" even though it doesn't mean the same thing it did back when they made Marvel 2? If they called it MCU vs Capcom the roster would be fine?

Because it was a good game, and thats generally accepted with sprite work.

Who is the #1 most unga character in all of fighting games?

Hyde, Linne, Gordeau, and maybe Carmine if you can deal with glass cannons.

Avoid Yuzu, Chaos, and maybe Vatista if you're shit at hiding charge moves in attack animations.

True. But Richard's solo run is fucking ace.

Capcom isn't even close to being the worst gaming company, let alone the worst company period.

But it did have new assets
For the SNK side which was handled by SNK anyway

I never left!

Oh my god what

I would hate to read this if I was a fan of some original hero. Why would you write this?

doesnt let you

Leo, then Azrael and Gordy together, then Team Mike Z Jugg

Play Weiss

Is Orie fine?

Somehow I feel like that is being written by Bendis.

>I hate everything about that sentence.
Thanks Richard.

Modern Marvel believes the cause of their lost sales is that people aren't being inclusive towards their diversity attempts. Not going /pol/, just stating what they said.

Kinda. IT was pretty much the few newer capcom games people had.

Yeah she's cool and ez

USF4 on PC, US, anyone?

Never actually played her, no idea.

>single parent home manlet escpades

Yang or bust.

I already know.

It's pretty sad. I hope the stories about them forcing stores to buy comics are false.