Im soon be buying Mazda 3 as my very first car!

Im soon be buying Mazda 3 as my very first car!

Good car but this isn't your blog

just get a civic for 3k faggot. why waste money?

cuz he doesn't want to appear as a faggot ricer. Just accept that there are going to be people better than you user: people that can afford more than a 3k civic and have more than a 4 inch penis.

You suck, there are people better than you.

t. soy boy.

user i know you don't want to listen as kids never do, but don't buy an expensive new car as your first simply because of the fact that you WILL get into an accident on your first car. Also you seem to heavily underestimate insurance premiums.

You should get something a bit older. Try an older sentra, maybe a jeep, or perhaps even an impala. But older, don't go over 5k

been driving my first car in Miami traffic since I was a teenager. I'm 26 now.
stop parroting the first car accident meme.

Admittedly there's a very small chance you won't crash it, but literally every driver i have ever known has gotten into some sort of accident on their first car.

Not counting on it happening is foolish. It's like financing a house you can't afford then playing the lottery to try and pay it off. You're most likely gonna fuck yourself in the ass.

Did you miss the part where he said he's been driving for 10 years?

Did you miss the part where OP (who I was talking to) says its his very first car?

Look, all I am saying is, buying your first car and expecting to not crash it is very, VERY short-sighted and foolish. If I had bought that newish mustang right off the bat like I'd planned I would have destroyed it like i did my old corolla. Except the corolla was already worth like 500 dollars. So i didn't mind.

You do you though. Be a retard. You'll fit in well on Veeky Forums. Perhaps while you're at it you should check out honda general or auto sticker general.

Nice car desu. Don't get a cheap ass base model, and get the hatch

First car he's buying with his own money, probably been driving a family car for years

Also it's called insurance, stop being Mexican

Not everyone is poor and as shit of a driver like you

I didnt carsh my first car which was a slow ass e46. All u have to do is not be a retard. its not hard to avoid accidents.

I treat every driver out there like a braindead potato and so far so good.

wait for 2019 mazda 3 with the based skyactive -x engine

I WAS poor as a teen. Now I'm not and can afford a better car.

You were most likely in an accident so you're probably lying.

I already addressed the point of really high insurance premiums for OP on this thread.

>I totaled my first car because I'm a retard
>Everyone must be retarded like me

He's been driving for 10 years and is 26, insurance would be cheap for him, even with full and gap coverage

That's not OP you fucking retard.

Cool. You're still a Mexican

Had a 2006 mazda 3, POS has a storage pocket above the radio that hangs, the small plastic parts that have that compartment door open and close break. Check stealership, say have to replace dashboard to replace that one part. Mazda never again.

Not even close man. And my point is valid no matter what racial slurs you may come up with.

Your point is that everyone must be a shit driver just because you were

>first gen 3 is the same as the 3rd gen 3

the new mazda line is nice. congrats OP, have fun.

Hatch on the new mazda3 is possibly the ugliest thing ive ever seen and if you buy ot you support the gay ass crossover movement happening in the auto industry.

>crossovers are the same thing as hatches
Kill yourself my friend

>caring about looks
Are you a woman?

Its obviously designed to lure people into buying a crossover instead. Eventually all cars will be crossovers.

If he keeps it long enough the mazda could be just as cheap and he doesn't have to drive a bombed out piece of shit. if resale value is good he could end out ahead and put the money toward an even better car.

I think it looks good, much better than the civic. the cruze hatchback and golf look nice too but the golf is a little boring.

Good user, The 3 is better than the civic

>WILL get into an accident on your first car.
That what you say to a motorcycle rider, not a car driver. because motorcycle have less grip.
You are just bad driver.

>Still have 2006 mazda 3, 322k km, all good so far.

Dude it was designed to be a hatch, not a cross over. You know, those things that existed decades before crossovers?

dumbass slippery slope bullshit, you're fucking paranoid my good man

I am 25.

Never been in an accident. On my second car, been driving since I was 15. Stop being so condescending to OP. He's supposed to be the faggot, not you.

>hurf durf I cant read

dumb fuck

What a shit thread

I just bought a 2011 3

The clutch is typical ford vague garbage feel, the shifter is cable and the electronic throttle needs the ECU reflashed to it can "relearn" my own personal driving habits, but it handles, rides, and brakes beautifully.

This, could really use that extra toque

OP I don't know if you're still here, but seriously reconsider. It sounds like this is the first time you'll be insuring something on your own, so go to your favorite insurance website and get a quote for the Mazda you're considering buying. Then get a quote for one of the 3 year old models. I test drove one of the 2017s and they are severely overrated. You'll hear all these reviews of how "sporty" it feels, when it drives like any boring econobox made within the last 20 years. If you already made up your mind and are just parading your stupid decisions, don't finance unless you're financing through a credit union for ~2%. And if you can't negotiate for at LEAST $4000 under MSRP, you're a failure of a human bean. Enjoy spending 4 hours at the stealership taking it up the pooper.

The worst accident I got in was me drifting in an empty parking lot with my NC miata and I spun out and hit a curb and messed up my wheel a little bit. Thats it lol im not lying about not crashing my first car.

lol you're clueless

this, op you retard

Kys shit taste faggot

This car is nothing more than a commuters dream, It's great at commuting but pretty average if you want to drive fast.

Buying a GTR soon and selling my 3 as i don't drive to work anymore.

This, I know a lot of people crash but I'm 21 and had my car since 16. Drove around Sydney a lot when I was younger and I've still never crashed.
Most people only crash their first car cause they're not paying attention or on their phone, avoidable mistakes.

I've got a mid 90s Mazda 121 (bubble), with 325,000KM on it and it hasn't broken down at all. Only a 1.3 litre engine but its never failed me. Newer Mazda's have way nicer interior than most similarly priced cars.

>2018 Mazda 6 is getting the CX9 engine
2.5L turbo 4 in a Mazda 3 when?

Well in 2019 the Mazda 3 is getting the new compression ignition 2.0L, and thats bumped up to 190hp while getting even better mileage than current.
Not sure if they'll still offer the 2.5L at that point, at least not without updating it to SCCI. I imagine a 2.5L Skyactiv-X will make even more power than the new 2.5L turbo.

those blokes at mazda are my favorite engineers right now

Mazda hate turbos. If they were able to they would use a v6 or even a v8.

they're getting superchargers and HCCI in 2 years

The existence of the CX3 invalidates your argument

I feel like Ford took the turbos with them when they sold their stake in mazda

Turbos really don't work that well with Skyactiv. The CX9 engine needed to drop compression way down to the point where it defeats the purpose of Skyactiv

Skyactiv-X should fix all of this

Good choice OP

Why is the hood so long when it's just another fwd econobox?

'cause it looks good

Because Mazda wanted all their new cars to have the highest safety ratings on both the moderate and small frontal overlap crash tests. They succeeded.

I bought a 2016 Mazda3 2.5L 6MT. It's a very good car. "Great" might be a stretch if I try to be objective about it.

At the moment, if you're in the US you're probably better off getting a GTI because they're massively discounted due to dieselgate. When I bought mine, you had to pay about $5k extra for a similarly equipped GTI vs. a Mazda3, and the GTI isn't that sporty either. Its turbo lag's pretty bad, it feels heavier than the Mazda when settling into turns, the steering is number, and as a DD you have to deal with spottier reliability, a clunkier infotainment system, and a shorter cargo area. But it's much quieter, the rear seats are more spacious, and it feels a lot more powerful - so even though I didn't choose it, I wouldn't fault anyone for doing so.

If the WRX hatch had received the same improvements as the sedan a couple years ago, I would've gotten one instead. I didn't like the Focus ST because the interior looked like a kaleidoscope. The Civic hatch wasn't out when I needed to buy the 3. The Civic's steering is a little numb but it's a more rounded car (more room, a little less noise, a little less sportiness). Terrible infotainment though.

Mine is a pre-facelift model, and has a ton of road noise. It's supposed to be a little better in the 2017+, but probably still high for the segment.

I highly recommend a JBR or Corksport short-ram intake (I have the former). It makes a very big difference in improving throttle response. Stock, it's so lazy I was having a very hard time getting my heel-and-toe timing right (you might as well have turbo lag, it's that bad). You end up with a raspy noise when getting on the throttle that I'm personally fine with but if you're driving a gril who finds it embarassing just go easy on the gas and you won't hear it.

The trick with the Skyactiv engine is to use a carefully shaped (and very long) header to allow the engine to run at an unusually high compression ratio for efficiency's sake. Something about exhaust pulses not getting back into the cylinders to cause knock.

The long header means there's more space than usual between the engine and the firewall.

so Mazdas are front heavy pieces of shit like Audis?

Few cars aren't.

Nah they have great balance and handling for a FWD car. Nothing beats Audi's autism with the entire engine in front of the front axle

I also have a 2011 3, but the clutch seems a whole lot more responsive than anything I've ever driven. Much better than Honda's excuse for a clutch.

Road noise is quite a bit better in the face lifted models
Dunno about the pre-face lifted model but the newer cars do have a sport mode with better throttle response, it's a neat little toggle next to the shifter

My 2 biggest issues I have with the 3 is that the dead pedal is just carpet instead of having plastic covering it and still no Android Auto

you fucking idiot. Crossovers to begin with are literally just hatchbacks/wagons with lifted suspension.

So something like a Mazda 3 or 6 2 years down the line with a possibly turbocharged Skyactiv-X engine would be an econobox that looks nice, handles relatively well, has a much tidier interior than its competition, and probably has some good power and efficiency to its engine?
Sounds a little too good to be true, but if they actually delivered it sounds like it'd be a solid purchase.

Skyactiv-X is gonna be poopercharged

Mazda truly is the patrician's choice

FYI 2018 mazda6 comes with the 2.5L turbo engine

auto only though

Is that how they're managing the higher compression?
Won't that require them to be rev limited?

Nah, it's real. It’s not like there aren’t downsides: Mazdas are still noisier and firmer than the competition, they don’t have the weighty/substantial feel normies seem to like, the infotainment UI is nice and logical but a little slow and it’s getting old, there 6 won’t have a manual option with the new, more powerful engine (so the 3 probably won’t either), and interior room/storage is usually on the lower end of the segment.

The fact that the CX-9’s turbocharged engine hasn’t been trouble-free like other Skyactiv engines is also a concern.

don't buy new, you'll regret it.

only if you're an idiot and sell it or trade it in the next year

The high compression in skyactiv engines already means they have a relatively low redline.

But yeah, they’re using mild supercharging mostly to get more air in there; it’s too hard to get a naturally aspirated engine to run lean enough for compression ignition at high revs. At low revs it gets decoupled. Don’t expect a ton of power.

Those are all valid complains but it sounds like you're weighting Mazda against lux brands, mainstream opinion on Mazda seems to be that they're really nice economy cars that sometimes feel like proper "premium" cars. For me they're at the same level of Acura and the like.

There's literally nothing wrong with buying a new econobox if you plan on keeping it for a long time
Bought a new Accord in 2008 and don't regret it at all, still going strong all these years later

Is the CX9 engine distinctly troublesome or is it just a little rougher than the other Mazda engines in the lineup? I've been giving the 2018 Mazda 6 some serious consideration as a new daily because everything about it seems pretty solid, and I can live without manual.

So the supercharger is just there to help the engine function as it should, instead of bump up the power?
It's a shame if they use the tech only for normie tier driving, something like that with at least 250hp seems like it'd make for fun times.

>pay $25k
>instantly depreciates to normies bump and ding it up in parking lots
>if you look at it wrong the warranty is toast
just get a stylish cheap daily that you won't be too broken up about and can fix cheaply

I've been lurking Veeky Forums for a bit, and I've heard a lot about the Mazda 3 and the Honda Civic. Are they actually good (if so, why?) or just a meme like /g/ talking about the Thinkpad?

they're cheap to buy and seem to last a hell of a long time

the supercharger helps it reliably reach the high compression required for ignition without a spark

they're great if you want a reliable and comfy daily

not so great if you don't already have a fun car on the side

I'm not broken up about it, it's a daily driver econobox and it's done its job well for the past 9 years
The fuck are you voiding your warranty for on an econobox? eBay intake?
And depreciation is why I said it's a good idea if you're keeping it for a long time, it's a non-issue

If I got a used 90s Accord back then it would be falling apart by now, I'd be spending more than it's worth every year maintaining it

They plan for the engines to become more powerful, not high end sports car competitors or anything, but its something.
The 2.0L engine gets bumped from 146/155hp to 190 with spark controlled combustion ignition.
The newish 2.5L turbo is already 250hp and 310ft/lbs. The SPPI version will probably be a little bit more powerful if not equal with better fuel economy.
They have another future generation of this tech due out in the mid 2020s which they claim will be more powerful with even better efficiency. Probably the last hurrah of internal combustion engines in the mainstream.

If they get a gearbox as fast as Porsche's PDK they'd have the whole package.

Congrats user. I drive a 2010 Mazda 3 that I thrash on a regular basis. So far 110k trouble-free, full-throttle miles. The new generation should treat you well.

Unladen, they will lift off oversteer if you drive like an absolute madman.

Buy a windshield sunshade though. I don't know if they fixed the melting dashboard issue.

Newer Mazdas are quite good, Civics are a meme mobile

>just drive a 20 year old shitbox
Not everyone is poor like you

you could have driven a used car for the same amount of time and had a much cheaper initial purchase. less applicable for econoboxes than anything sporty, but expect to void your warranty for:
>exhaust
>lowering
>tuning

>depreciation is a non-issue
it's additional money for the luxury of buying it new.

fair enough, if you'd like to spend unnecessary amounts of money then go ahead and buy new.

Do not buy a mazda 3, they're good on milleage and all but the satelite radio is horrid quality, the plastic instead is easily scratched and you will hear every single road noise, my biggest mistake was getting one.

I didn’t have luxury cars in mind. The Corolla, Civic, Golf, and Impreza are all quieter and ride more smoothly, with bigger rear seats than the Mazda3. But the Corolla drives like shit, the Civic’s volume control is the worst ever, the Golf is unreliable and has a short ‘trunk’, and the new Impreza… doesn’t have any huge issues, just a little less sportiness, a slightly less nice interior, and a little less mileage.

The Mazda3 handles better and has better steering, so if sportiness is a priority then get the 3 – but most people who want sporty will want something like an Si, ST, WRX, or GTI. The Mazda3 is caught in a narrow band in between. Those cars aren’t perfect either, which is why I ended up with the 3. (Also, I was one of those people who said, “If they offer a manual transmission with the larger engine I promise to buy it,” and that may have biased me…)

get a golf tsi. funner car to drive

i meant more fun

I used to agree, but the Mk VII's steering is numb as hell.

Then you'd be driving a used car. Sometimes it's nice having new things if you can afford them. It's worth the extra $10k-$12k

Also
>modding an econobox daily driver
Must be a younggun

>satellite radio
is it 2005?

Thats true. What can I do to change this and make it more responsive?

Lol poorfags. If no one bought new cars then used cars would cost just as much
If you have good credit it's a great idea

itt: Taco Bell employees talk about their gay chinese "cars"