/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Cool J-Ops Edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Health - Patch 2.21 is live.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Clickity clack got into BattlEye's sack:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nc5rRtV2LNk?t=1h2m12s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for drugs

>tfw Echo has been getting picked icreasingly more over time since previous graphs

feels good :^)

Pulse is just tooooo strong. Someone get this HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE

[insert retarded name] Has been banned by BattlEye

I love this and its still going albeit slightly slower

IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING HOKUTO NO KEN REFERENCE?

>game on Kafe starts
>Jager starts mowing down attackers as they spawn in, having crossed the street
>gets killed
>has to sit through whole match
>types zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz since his ADD is acting up
>plays Ash
>solo rush yolo shooting
The stereotype is real, holy shit.

I just finished a winning match and got 0 renown, what the fuck?

What are your top 3 favourite attackers and defenders

>Attackers
Hibana
Buck
Blackbeard

>Defenders
Echo
Frost
Doc

What do you think? Will the devs release alpha pack patch notes before the official release or will they just go straight to releasing them since we're already aware of the FAQ?

>decide to check OP Health Hub for any news
>last week they ran a 24 hour 50% renown "event" on a Wednesday they only announced on twitter after they had already started it
>Alpha Packs are finally deployed on all platforms
>Alpha Packs are only granted for WINNING matches, not for COMPLETING matches
>If people get tilted or think they will lose a game, they will simply quit out of casual games and shop for a new lobby they have a chance of winning

Okay wtf

>check MWR news
>for this weeks meme event they are adding "Demolition", a S&D variant that allows respawns
>Double XP active on this playlist

Welp guess I know what I'm playing this week

>Attackers
Thatcher
Hibana
IQ
>Defenders
Smoke
Valkyrie
Bandit

I know I'm boring

i had this happen a few games yesturday, felt bad

What's this about THunt giving no more renown?

c o m f y

Any gamemode played off dedicated servers will not grant renown

So THunt, Lone Wolf won't grant any Renown from now on.

Gee, what a way to "fix a bug", Ubisoft.

Can I play THunt offline now then?

>Attackers
Ash - Love the gun & the gadget
Buck - I like making killholes and love the gun
IQ - Because FUCK your Valk cams REEEEEEEEE

>Defenders
Smoke - Love being able to hold off an entire rush so my team can relocate and brace
Frost - Waifu, plus it's satisfying AF to trap ppl
Doc - Keeping my dumbass team alive is rewarding, plus ACOG MP5 masterrace

Fuze
Hibana
Buck

Mira
Cav
Smoke

Wow, and here I thought Ubisoft couldn't do anything stupider than Operation Health. I have egg all over my face now.

>Terrorist Hunt never given any attention or love
>Probably the easiest thing to subtly tweak to give Siege a unique flavor without hurting the game
>Could have a special event where you do a multi-mission Terrorist Hunt, rescue the hostage who then tells you where the bomb in the building is (it spawns upon rescue, new enemies spawn in), etc

>Just removes Renown and tells you all but to literally not even bother playing the fucking mode

>packs are rewarded for WINNING only
Because the smurf problem wasn't bad enough already??

Jesus fucking christ Ubi...

Buck
Fuze
Blitz

Jager
Bandit
Valk/Krapkan/Echo tie

>echo
I've really being wanting to git good with him. But I struggle.

Tips?

Fuze
Hibana
Buck

Doc
Bandit
Mira

Pretty shit with them though.

So I'm moving from a 60hz monitor to a 144hz monitor later today hopefully. Is the change gonna be hardly noticable or will it be a pretty spicy change?

even moving your mouse around your desktop feels smoother

Don't look straight up when deploying Yokai because it gets stuck on the slightest elevation

Bearing 9 is your primary most of the time, MP5SD should be treated like a secondary if you really need the ACOG. Use the drone to scout out enemys and flak them or prefire them from the front, dont sit on your drone in the objective room the whole round as you'll be contributing fuck all (this is why people hate on Echo so much as they've mostly only seen him be played like that). Make sure to give info to your team as you basically have a relocatable camera but only you can view it so you need to give accurate info. Echo is for cool kids.

The Supernova is good for Yokai holes since it can't jump and gets caught over the most minor elevation increases. The MP5SD is good now but the Bearing 9 will work better in most cases that Echo will be in.

You only have one Yokai so you have to make it count. That means speaking to teammates, giving intel, and blasting them for a good flank.

Yeah this is some fucking dumb shit.

I don't think Call of Duty's loot crates are any better (and think they are exploitative as fuck) but since they were introduced they have averaged about 45 minutes of "in game time" per loot crate. Doesn't matter if you win or lose, you always see that meter filling up as you play and know exactly what you will earn and how long it takes to earn it.

Siege could have done this in one of two ways

Option 1)
>Match Completed Chance Gain (Based on rounds played)
>Win Chance Gain Bonus for winning that match (2-3x?)
>Roll for loot crate

or option 2

>Chance gain only INCREASES for wins
>Will roll for loot crate at whatever chance you have on match completion (If if you have 10% and lose, it'll roll for 10, if you win, it'll increase to 15 and roll for 15)

but instead they went with the retarded option

>Chance increases drastically by winning
>Chance technically increases by losing but it's infinitely small, like 0.2% increase for losing
>Rolls for crate on win

Like, the fuck?

This isn't surprising. A lot of games do this with their EULA

How much you want to bet Ubisoft isnt going to release the new ops next month

one rare pepe

Hmm? You do get alpha pack chance for winning or losing in siege. Check out the TTS if you don't believe me.

I have it on very good authority that they're getting released next month.

They've been 'ready' since Op Health after all.

its 1.5 for losing, 3 for winning

FAQ says you get chance, only rolls on wins. Guys on the TTS were saying it's incredibly low chance of losing right now, but if the numbers have changes than I'm wrong

Even then,
1.5% is still low as fuck especially since it's not rolling on that chance. I'm still better off quitting and looking for a new, fresh match to earn double the chance and a roll than sitting in a shit tier match to gain only chance

Thanks

Is this a joke? His secondary is legit better than his mp5???

Thanks for the other tips man!!

Guess it's not a joke, damn,,, thanks guys

>1.5% is still low as fuck especially since it's not rolling on that chance. I'm still better off quitting and looking for a new, fresh match to earn double the chance
not after the alpha craze runs out, then you are not going to give a fuck, and don't mind continuing after the first round was lost

I can't find the screenshot now, but someone did some fancy statistical analysis on the drop rates from the TTS. On average, you'd get an Alpha Pack after 12 matches, if you won 50% of your matches (and your last match was a win), with Season Pass holders getting it after 10 or so because they get a slight additional boost to their chances. Obviously, these rates may change by the time Alpha Packs are officially launched.

Machine Pistols are always better than their primaries. They're just that good.

>quitting games already is endemic in casual
>now there is a direct incentive and perceived gain for quitting
>Thinks the alpha pack craze will die down
>Loot crates most profitable business in modern video games by far
>crates, like slot machines, work by short circuiting your brain and compromising rationality
>This is a basic biological fact that is well researched
>Non season pass Holder normies can now use alpha packs to acquire numerous cosmetic items they otherwise might not be able to get due to having to spend 50,000 renown every 3 months and not having a ton left over to buy gun camos or silly hats

I think you are underestimating almost everything here

Most of these battleye bans are false positivies

no way this many people used the cheat

>thinks kids don't scan YouTube for any glitch and then abuse the fuck outa it
Welcome to online gaming user

echomains are autistic weeaboos

>tutorial mode doesn't grant the courtesy renown so newbies can buy their first operators anymore
jesus ubisoft just let them have their funmoney this isn't worth it

Tbqh I think the whole reason this is a problem in the first place is because the drip feed of reknown this game has is PAINFULLY slow. I have like two hundred hours and am STILL missing numerous operators; there is no way any 'normal' person would be able to get all of the operators in a 'normal' span of time.
It honestly amazes me that they'd expect anyone to buy cosmetic stuff with reknown when the grind to get operators is already so huge.
Like sure, punish exploiters, but take a look at WHY people are exploiting in the first place while you're at it.

>getting this triggered because he hates getting drunk'd and/or prefired

Echomains are going to like this.
youtu.be/nc5rRtV2LNk?t=1h2m12s

Will the HK season save /r6g/ and return it to the comfy general it once was?

>have a job
>steam sale comes on
>friend bought me starter edition awhile ago, no way to upgrade it
>remove siege from account
>full jew package is 40% off
>buy it
>only have save renown for cosmetics
Masturbating to pictures of a Jewish woman's thighs payed off, it looks like

>retard runs right infront of a window

thats not echo being bad, thats just a retard playing echo

>Echo stopping the plant in the 2nd round
thats pretty spicy

Gotta love the commentators trying to pass off the bullshit theyre saying as actual commentry

why is this allowed

why is what allowed

didnt mean to reply to you, please refund the (You)s

the AUG monstrous gun model size compared to a gun thats also considered big but not even close to the AUG

i can only offer you this in return

200 hours? And you havent unlocked all the operators and attachments? Are you playing terrorist hunt only? Jesus.

This is a problem because a game like this needs new players to keep it fresh. It already has a steep learning curve thanks to the complex maps and gadgets, but now a new player HAS to go to multiplayer and get curbstomped by smurfs and votekicked/tk'd by shitter teammates because he can't just learn the game and grind for operators at the same time now. I got every operator and most attachments after around 200 hours, but it was a grueling process, and it'll only get worse.

Is there a more retarded development team in gaming? It has to be an out of touch Ubisoft exec pushing these awful ideas, because I can't imagine an entire team being this braindead.

im not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic there when saying echomains wont like it as theres nothing bad about echo shown there

Winning the match before the match starts. Don't know how to feel about this.

Back when the game came out I baited someone into shotgunning the hostage with my drone.

You intimidated them so hard, they opted for group suicide.

>we can't fix our game so we will remove something that may be exploited by haxors
>newbs are fucked now, th going to die
WHAT THE FUCK UBI

a whole new level of incompetence, i warm up in realistic TH and the renown was a nice touch.
now because some niggers exploited a bug in situations with a external program they decided to axe renown gain from fucking legit solo play.

and they even picked up on the exploiters so why the fuck was this even needed when they were getting banned anyway?

>unironically playing bomb

why is rook no longer really used in the meme leagues?

>there are people here who used 50k renown glitch
>theyre banned
spicy

I hope Thatch and the boys get a hood up iranian embassy version uniform

Pubs have been just extraordinarily fucking garbage today, it's nuts.

Usually I see one or two play at least decently but every single one today has been bottom of the board 0-7 trash.

>Is there a more retarded development team in gaming?

Ever since I went back to MWR it's really fucked up having Activisions "B Team" of the extra 40 dollar add on game fucking destroying Siege on just adding shit to the game

Activisions jewry is present but fuck if they don't give me reasons to log in or see whats up with the game

I didn't realize how fucking awful skins in Call of Duty are. I'm thankful Siege isn't quite there yet.

>tfw no qt IQ gf to snort lithium powder lines off her soles

You haven't played in a while, I see.

>Siege isn't quite there yet.
ehem
dont forget the poutine skin too

Those skins are just the summer holiday shit. They are meant to be obnoxious and stupid since it's a summer beach theme. Weapon camos are just applied blindly all over a weapon, just like in BF3.

They also have "weapon kits" which either act similar to Sieges Skins - where you get specific placement of textures. Combined with a camo, it'll selectively place the camo in some places and kit in the others. The kits can also be complete remodels, like a busted up AK missing pieces or a highly decked out tacticool M4.

And they just keep adding this stuff constantly and regularly.

Are you posting from 2015?

>set up sweet valk cam on hereford which let me peek 3 people from 2nd floor barricaded window

I fucking love shit like that

Because Doc is better in every measurable way

>running summer themed beach event
>upset these skins are obnoxious and flamboyant

c'mon

>doesn't even look like bacon

probably the worst thing about this skin

>tfw made a thread on ubi forums 5 days ago
>no replies
all they gotta do is move the fucking gun to the right a little

I've won faster than that, they shot the hostage 2 seconds in.

>there are people who actually unironically play IQ

it just looks like weird meat

there are people who unironically play echo so playing IQ isnt bad at all

Because defense has even worse balance than attack, and rook was only really taken because he had good guns and every role was already fulfilled.

looks like that shit that america thinks is bacon

naw dog america has real bacon
its a french leafs interpretation of american bacon

Her Commando and G8 unironically feel great to use. Fuck the AUG.

A couple months ago the Infinite Warfare devs released a bunch of lazily made skins. There were complaints from the community so they devs fixed it eventually

>real bacon
this shit amerifats have isnt real bacon

>buying some walmart shit

the 552 is easily her best rifle but that doesnt mean they shouldn't fix the fuck up that is the AUG model size even if no one will use it

also
>LMG ads time
>feels great to use

anything other than pic related isnt real bacon, canadians get pretty close though