obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesia:_The_Dark_Descent
ambientdev.itch.io/seasons-past
youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post your GMTK jam games so I can rate them

This is all I have for the arm cannon HUD right now, due to how the HUD stuff works I have to make checks for each unit of ammo, all 40 shots.

The other characters are going to have bars or numbers to track their ammo because this is fucking ridiculous.

did any /agdg/ certified games get played by him?

Submissions just closed and there's over 700 entries, it'll probably be a while

Reminder that Bethesda is evil, hates indie developers, and wants to make you change the title of your upcoming indie game so it doesn't share any words at all with the title of their upcoming game, even through sheer coincidence.

Has anyone successfully made an indie horror game? Any good recommendations?

>Godot seems really nice
>but nothing has been made in it, its library of games is much worse than gamemaker/unity and even RPGmaker

Am I missing something? I was thinking of learning it but this worries me.

Give me a game idea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesia:_The_Dark_Descent

>
It's experimental, a reduced version of a dungeon crawler with a story in the form of pieced poem on the side.

Well, I was thinking about smaller projects, but I appreciate the recommendation. I will give it a try once I play Clock Tower (SNES).

apparently there is nothing wrong with it aside from the fact it's very young
its users are more busy fucking around, waiting for 3.0 and slowly creating a community rather than actually making games in it, which doesn't seem to be the focus considering godot games are still floating around with default engine application icon because programmers can't be arsed to add the function to change it
avoid until the community/developers get their shit together, then it might dethrone gm:s (not a high bar because yoyogames seems to be similarly fucking around)

What is that about?

Should I introduce my favorite indiedev to /agdg/?

Gamemaker and Unity have too overwhelming presence, nobody wants to use alternatives when everyone uses one of those two. Especially since they're more polished and robust than Godot, which in comparison is fairly new.

It doesn't help that Godot until 3.0 has used some retarded script language that nobody likes.

indiedev is not amateur dev, he's overqualified, no

An engine isn't going to magically make games for you. If you know your shit, you'll produce game on any engine. If you don't - it doesn't matter if it popular or not.

Unless they already understand Veeky Forums then this place will go way over their head.

>spend the greater part of two hours modelling something in blender
>doing wrapup, scaling things down
>minor mistake, ctrlZ
>everything is gone
>EVERYTHING
>redo wont restore it, undo history is blank
welp, that's enough blender for now

If your game is 2D, don't bother with an engine

Christ I hate this place, you might as well rename AGDG to Amateur Game Design General, because that's what the majority of you are, designers, not developers.

Where's your game?

dumb engie

Post your generic shitty Godot/GameMaker/Unity game which will never, EVER sell more than 100 copies.

asked first
we're waiting

I fucking despise 3d modeling software, every single one of them. They always pull that kind of bullshit
Anyways, remember to save often and take advantage of automatic backups, if there are any

It happened to me a couple times. If I understand that right, the history in object mode isn't the same as the one in edit mode. So if you ctrl+z in object mode you end up removing more stuff than it would edit mode.

>n-no you

I'm still waiting.

not him, but they sued mojang over Scrolls (and lost), and i'm assuming they continue to do the same against smaller companies who lack the funds to actually go to court so a judge can laugh at bethesda

>no game to respond with
as expected from an engie

he better be a trap or tranny otherwise no.

given that your evidence was asked of first...

You could have a game if you were devving instead of waiting.

this general doesn't need any more faggots who, ironically or unironically, crave the tranny dick and write posts that beat the dumbest of memes in stupidity

>spent two hours following tutorial
>it's_time_to_unwrap.jpg
>everything looks different than what the tutorial showed
>there's duplicate vertex here and there
>tfw it's much faster to just redo everything instead of finding the error

You can't protect single words that are in the dictionary.

>he doesn't use "don't mind me" zbrush
>autosave every min of your progress
>you can even configure it to save everything from the start of your modelling to finish but it require shitton of ram
>blackout of nowhere
>came back to same model as i left before
blender is for hipster fag.

Each potion now has its individual bar, shown on the menu and in the quickslot it's equipped to.
Potions now also have their own box and slots.
Onto the next tent piece of furniture now.

You just used a word that I copyrighted, see you in the court fag

Is there a suitable free site to host in depth review of indies in development?

I give up

This is taking way too much time to design. I wish I could think like an engineer.

They threatened legal action against a small developer releasing a game called Prey to the Gods because they said it was too similar to their upcoming game Prey.

tumblr

It's called pen and paper. You're not supposed to design things directly in 3D.

I am making a mother fucking game about skeletons and you can not fucking stop me

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Seasons Past
Dev: ambientdev
Tools: GM: S 1.4, photoshop
Web: ambientdev.itch.io/seasons-past
Progress:
+ new assets, new camera, shaders, messing around with making areas
- new house texture is too light, gameplay is still shit, new area is worse than the old one

I've already got some rough sketches, but I can't check on paper if a joint properly moves like I want it to. I could try but I'm not objective and accurate enough to.

>You're not supposed to design things directly in 3D.
you're not my mom

That is super shitty.

sounds like the scrolls issue (they sued over it being too close to "the elder scrolls", and were met in court with "no you dumbfucks you cant copyright a word").

Your game looks generic as fuck to me (oh, a knight! meh...) but it does look good and well made. I hope you have success with it.

looks like a kind of anubis-bot

looks more like a dragon knight/dragoon look to me.

I might be going a little too overboard with the Zone of the Enders inspiration.

Ex-military here.

Keep it simple stupid. KISS principle.

You are overdesigning your mechs.

Look, your mechs don't walk right, the skate across the ground mostly using jets, so you can use heavier bulkier designs.

The core principles of armored combat are 1. mobility 2. protection 3. firepower.

Your mechs have mobility covered, but with that mobility comes bulky jump jets. Look at the how much space jets take up on an aircraft. 2/5 of the aircraft is literally a giant engine. You can reflect this on your mechs, put huge ass jump jets on them.

Protection is key. This means angled armour plates and reactive armour. More armour means more bulk and less mobility, so don't overdo it in the armour compartment.

Firepower. Lock the weapon to the mechs torso. Big guns have huge fucking recoil. Those piddly little arms are going to get blown off in the first volley. Think about economies of scale, the larger something is the more gravity effects it. Big mechs with big guns need bulky joints to hold the whole thing together.

My favourite mech designs of all time are from an anime called Gasaraki. That might give you some inspiration for your own designs.

webm with banners n shit and the fixed camera

>Ex-military here.
so like support staff or what

Ex - neet here

Make sure your mecha have boobs like armor and color in pink.

It shoot laser from its butt with the power of thousands sun.

Make sure the pilot is a color person who doesn't specify his gender.

and add wings. Bitches love wings and dicks

Don't listen to this fag, just make thing look cool

>reddit spacing
>mentioning personal information for no reason
>mentioning KISS when it's in no way relevant to the issue (it's fucking 3D design, not programming)

Infantry Rifleman in the Army and Maritime Warfare Officer in the Navy, I did do a few months as a support officer in a Special Forces unit but spent most of my time navigating Frigates.

Whatever floats your boat man. Back in the day I knew a bit of c++ and wanted to learn how to make windows and graphics on the screen and shit. So I started to learn the Win32 and directx 7 apis. Now I bang shit together in gamemaker. Why? Because it doesn't make me want to kill myself and actually enjoy what I am doing now.

KISS is a design thing, but its stupid to tell someone to design something realistically when it's obvious the design wasnt aiming to be realistic

but you learned how to program doing the shitty stuff and now you're not here asking
>hurr how do I assing a variable in GMS

ever shot at anything

You've got a point I guess.

At other people? No.

Australian Military. Never got deployed to a warzone as infantry and all the Navy ever do is ferry around refugees or patrol the coast. We did do fire drills with the cannons shooting at an island, which was amazing - but I didn't fire the cannon. Warfare Officers spend all of their time driving the ship.

Learned how to disarm bombs in the Special Forces though, that was fun.

>Never got deployed to a warzone
can you say that next time because otherwise it's stolen valor

They fly though, so I obviously can't make it bulky otherwise it would go against the idea of aerodynamics (even if a humanoid shape is not really aerodynamic.)
I'll keep your tips in mind though, this one is meant to be more some kind of unexpensive regular unit and I keep thinking it looks too fancy for that.

wings are cool but the cock-cockpit was a bad idea

why not both

>giant mechs
>aerodynamic
nigger please

>realism before cool

>why not both
because it doubles your design effort

Creepy stuff that can happen in hospitals. Go

ok, i'm here at the hospital. what's ne

Nurse comes up to patient user and slowly starts making a game

Don't be daft.

Stolen valour is when you wear medals, rank or uniform you aren't entitled too. Nothing to do with deployment to warzones.

Last year less than 200 Australian Defence Force members of the 60000 strong ADF got deployed to warzones. Getting deployed to these places in the ADF is like winning the lottery.

Are you saying the other 99% who serve in the ADF are 'stealing valour'?

Proctologist beggings sniffing your nape during exam

>Rixels
>Mixels

That's why I said "idea of aerodynamics". It has to look like it would zip around without resistance to someone who doesn't know shit about the subject.

I guess.

It's still relatively new. So it's no surprise there isn't any big high quality games made with it. But don't worry, I'll make the first million dollar Godot game and then people wont have to worry about this anymore.

>Are you saying the other 99% who serve in the ADF are 'stealing valour'?
only if they talk about it

I SERIOUSLY hope this isn't another fucking roguelite.

im gonna steal you're butt virginity

>a couple of blocks
>"you are overdesigning your mechs"

>realism before cool
>implying realism isn't cooler than "cool" designs

>implying realistic mecha are possible

>implying your face is possible

>Stumbling in to /k/ the thread

Kugai > TA

Just you wait user, just you wait
youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c

It seems that Godot is perfectly fine for making a danmaku game.

Highschool mecha is cute! cute!

what do I need to change about my angel statue. do the wings read well

They read as thick and flat, is that your intent?

bump up the bullet count dude, this looks like easy mode.

skins are a good idea, thanks for making me think about it

Yeah of course it is, why wouldn't it be? You can optimize bullets pretty well with low level physics and rendering.

I think it only starts to drop FPS with a few thousand bullets, but the only culprit there is GDScript being slow, in which case you could further optimize by using C++.
The engine itself is fast and has always been fast.

Unity is finished

the light on the wings don't feel right user

nope just don't know how to detail them with so little pixels

That's better?