Alright br/o/s

Alright br/o/s,
I got a bonus and can finally afford to get one of my dream cars, but I don't know how to pick.

Budget is around the $25k mark.

Thoughts so far:
-R32
-Mk IV Supra
-60's/70's muscle
-STI

What do you suggest and why?

$3k civic and a few simple mods

Get a bmw

>25k
>mk4 supra

i dont think so friend.

Wow, they've gone up a lot in price since I last looked.

Holy shit do you have bad taste in cars. Go away.

t. Fiat Multipla owner

Whatever you want, it's your dream car so whatever you're going to emotionally attach to.

STIs are kinda meh imo tho, I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on one as a "collectors car". They're a slightly hot DD, still an AWD sedan. Not exactly rare or sought after yet, not compared to the others at least.

If you're looking for a fun car that can be pretty damn fast for 25k look at getting a toyota soarer.

Im assuming you're in the US? If so you will pay about 8-10 grand for a clean Toyota soarer landed and titled. A soarer is pretty much a supra without all the fast and furious tax. You could always save money and start with a USDM sc300 (can get those for under 2 grand in running condition) but then you wont get the 1jz-gte which will handle more HP on stock internals than a na 2jz-ge. Plus the car will be RHD which is kinda neat in the US. If you buy a soarer for 10, you'll have an extra 15 grand and you can build the car how you want it. The stuff I suggest below will probably be right around your 25 grand budget.

With the remaining money you can
-manual swap (cd009 or r154 for around 3,000 with everything {trans, clutch, pedal assembly, interior pieces, driveshaft, etc})
-big single turbo (1400)
-aftermarket ecu (1000 for apexi power fc)
-fmic and exhaust fab (600ish)
-re-seal kit/gaskets (300)
-ARP headstuds (150)
-random AN lines and fittings (500)
-fuel pump (120)
-fuel pressure regulator (200)
-fuel rail and large injectors (800)
-boost controller (250)
-gauges (afr, oil p, boost) (300)
-1.5/2 way LSD differential (1200)
-coilovers (1000)
-sway bars (400)
-decent wheels and tires (1500-2000)
-cool aero (1000)
-paint (2000)

a set up like this you will have a really nice car with well over 500hp to the wheels reliably. It'll beat the pants off any car you can buy for 25k. Wont have the resale value but if you're going to keep it a while who cares?

Mustang GT, CPO car

I don't have anything productive to add, however I want to complement you on your use of braces.

evo 8
better than all of those stock

What puts an evo above an STI to you?

I have an STi.
Evos are comfier (suspension), faster, have a smoother transmission and easier to control clutch.

BUT they are ugly as fuck inside, and have shitty road feel - floaty steering and a disconnect from the terrain due to the suspension, and most of them have super heavy duty clutches which suck in stop start traffic.

If you're after a car you would just love to drive forever I'd recommend an s2k or a porsche boxster s.
>4 doors are very handy though.

>MKIV Supra
>$25k
kek, enjoy a non turbo auto

s2k is really one of the best recs, way under budget too.

more power.
better AWD.
better transmissions.
better tuned for the track;
STI's are better as a daily driver, Evo's dumpster them on the track.

Not where I live, rice taxed out the fucking ass

The evo is a better car for both track and daily driving - comfy factor and less irritating transmission. As for track, evos win hands down - it's a more expensive car with more technology invested in it.

But there's the interior and disconnected feeling factor.
>Drive an STi if you wanna look cool and feel the road during twisties, drive an evo if you wanna go fast.

I drove an evo and sti for a few weeks, admittedly a few years apart and only really in the city, and I personally preferred the sti for daily driving. the better interior and lighter clutch made it a lot more pleasant, especially in the hilly area that I was in.
>>Drive an STi if you wanna look cool
I've always preferred the look of the even. that recognisable sedan shape that stayed pretty similar throughout its whole run with the giant wing on the back always appealed to me. though the first and second gen STI's were comparable, except for the hawkeye, they have a horrible front end.

Good point. A nice interior does make the drive feel more badass, and yeah the lighter clutch is nice. I don't like the newer models biting point though.

Is it just me or does the STI feel better on dirt roads? Plus, I had the Evo's automated traction system. This S-AWD system of the Evo is too intrusive for me. The Evo's system soft of corners the car for you. I am the kind of guy who turns off all electronic assists such as ABS, traction control, and stability management.

you'll forever be kicking yourself over the head that you didn't get a supra.
t. could've gotten an elise and got an MRS

Out of those the r32 is probably the best choice considering that you don't get that supra for $25k

You're obviously underage, but if you can score a hawkeye STI for 25K that hasn't been abused or molested in an undoable fashion, then I'd pull the trigger on that.

for track it doesnt fucking matter as its the driver not the car.

You'll get rekt by an astra anyway for a long time

Personally, I think the R32 and STi are boring choices.

It'd be a toss up between the other two options for me.

used c5/c6

>I got a bonus and can finally afford to get one of my dream cars, but I don't know how to pick.

Sorry no, you can't afford a dream car. Sorry to burst your bubble