Will these be made available to the public once they're phased out of postal service...

Will these be made available to the public once they're phased out of postal service? I'd love to use one for a beater truck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qzVBpddpK2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just buy an s10

Yes they auction them off all the time. One of my old neighbors had three of them. They get shit mileage.

why an s10 user

how in the fuck did they manage to keep these going for so long with that old ass iron poop engine.

some of the "newer" ones are essentially a ford explorer

Because the LLV is directly built off an older S-10 Blazer.

You cant get one, OP. They will all be sent off to other countries where they have RHD cars. Thats what happens to old mail trucks.

running forever is literally the one thing the iron douk is perfect at

they're shit S-10s from the early 80s with an even worse engine.

just get a surplus m998.

they all have an LSD in them, though, don't they?

I remember hearing that giving these things 4wd would be too expensive, and the mail has to be delivered even if it snows or whatever, so they gave them a rear axle with a LSD as a compromise.

HMMWVs a shit

they use chains in the snow. if it is really bad, they suspend mail service.

mail trucks also drive really slow and rarely go more than 25 miles a day.

ehh.

i drove them enough when I was in the army. Bragg, iraq, even the tomei expressway in japan. I wouldn't want to drive a long distance in one on roads. though they off road very well and can carry and tow shit.

The only thing worse than a clapped out vehicle is a vehicle intentionally clapped out by pogs. I cringe when I think of the field "improvements" some of these went through.

They didn't call it "Long Life Vehicle" for nothing.

Thing is as barebones as physically possible, even by 80's automotive standards, and the iron Duke engine was reliable and equally as simple.

I hope they sell them off. Imagine a surplus of sub-1k shitboxes flooding the market.

CUCVs are better than retired HMMWVs for that, especially for the price.

I just want a retired LMTV

LLVs are terribly uncomfortable senpai
Also they have shit suspension and are extremely bare bones.
Also zero noise damping, and are right hand drive vehicles "requiring" a special class.

my friends dad manage to smuggle a Jeep mail truck into Canada.

because of him, it made me wanna get a Grumman's mail truck. I dunno if this will be allowed to given away to the public though.

i want to gut it and put a big block in it

youtu.be/qzVBpddpK2k

Daily reminder that they weigh less than a BRZ/FRS.

>rwd
>lsd
>tight turn radius
>3000 lbs stock
All it needs is an engine swap.

That's not even notable

>No step sticker on intake

I am surprised there isn't one on the rad.

they don't. they break down weekly

LS bro