Cars that baffle you

In this thread, we state the cars that continue to puzzle us and the reasons why. Obviously, these lists are personal/subjective, so all the fangirls can keep the asshurt to a minimum, I'll start:

>Audi RS3: why would people pay money for a rebadged Golf R?
>Honda NSX: meme hybrid supercar that's slower than its European rivals and only slightly more powerful than its Japanese rival while costing more
>Chevy SS: who the fuck at GM thought they could sell a mid-sized sedan at $50+K after taxes with a Chevy badge on it
>V6 Mustang/Camaro/Challenger: why pretend to own a muscle car
>Mistubishi's continued existence: seriously, what the fuck, somebody mercy kill them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxYg1IDrJUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

V6 mustang and camaro put out as much power as last gen v8 so I'm not sure why you would bitch. And the Chevy SS was a full size.

>RS3
>rebadged Golf R

bruh

>everything Buick makes is just rebadged Chebby with a couple comfort features added (except the Regal and Regal TourX those are nice)
>Chrysler 200 is L I T E R A L L Y a Dodge Dart with a Chrysler badge, does not need to exist at all
>Jeep ‘trail rated’ (kek) vehicles that are based on the same platform as the fucking FIAT 500
>Ford interiors are still the trashiest of trash in the year 2020-3 AD

The absolute state of American cars right now is hilarious. I say this as someone who loves American cars.

Sports SUVs. I can understand a SUV with a big engine and such, but these "track oriented" SUVs absolutely baffle me.

>>Chevy SS: who the fuck at GM thought they could sell a mid-sized sedan at $50+K after taxes with a Chevy badge on it
Fuck u cunt its imported from Aus thats why u stupid fucking yank

would make a dope trailblazer tho

>v6 cam, must, chall - these are for the ladies, always have been and always will be.

The V6 pentastar is actually a respectable engine. 305 hp in a N/A V6 is a good number

The only V6 chally owner I know happens to be a woman. she also drives a Fiat 500. go figure

>>V6 Mustang/Camaro/Challenger:
These are for the ladies and rental companies - always have been and always will be.

I would unironically buy a new challenger in lime green and drive that mother fucker EVERYWHERE

I completely agree about mitsubishi, but I suppose someone must supply lancers to white wanna be gangsters

Nah m8. its an inline 5 with 400 HP and is basically the next level of performance in the VAG family after the R.

Golf > GTI > Golf R > RS3 Sportback

Golf R is basically 20k cheaper and a much better value for the typical pleb.

>RS3
>rebadged golf R

lol stopped reading

lmao, golf R can eat a dick
even the civic type R can beat it

youtube.com/watch?v=IxYg1IDrJUs

>nissan murano crosscabriolet
Fucking why. ive seen a handful IRL and they look worse in real life.
>chevrolet SSR
Awful shit

>Chrysler 200 is L I T E R A L L Y a Dodge Dart with a Chrysler badge, does not need to exist at all
you got your wish, they are discontinuing them this year.

>Ford interiors are still the trashiest of trash in the year 2020-3 AD
I dont agree, they are lackluster and plasticy sure, but there are worse interiors, like early 2000s American cars

>Honda NSX
people wanted a new nsx for years, but they killed the spirit of the nsx with the AWD complicated ass hybrid shit. its not unwelcome, but its weird to compare it to old nsx

>implying the s1 quattro doesn't put all the golfs to shame
>implying any golf is better than the polo R

>polo R

Please, I dont even know what that is. US cars ONLY here.

here comes the 10yo troll

>>Audi RS3: why would people pay money for a rebadged Golf R?
Are you retarded? They are completely different cars. They don't even have the same engine.

I was impressed with the V6 Camaro. 301 hp and sounded good. Felt like a corvettes younger brother

The Mazda CX3

>Lexus ES
You could literally kit out an Avalon and have nearly the exact same car for a few thousand dollars less.
And, it's swelled in size so much throughout the generations that it has literally cannibalized the GS now.

>tfw the Avalon with a fatter profit margin might very well kill the GS

>>V6 Mustang/Camaro/Challenger: why pretend to own a muscle car

some people just want a commuter car that doesnt look like a cuckbox or clown shoe. also they are larger than most coupes so you have more storage space if needed compared to something like a Toyota 86 or Civic Coupe.

>literally one of the only not shit things audi makes (the hatch that is)
>confuses it with golf r

s1 looks like shit polo r was made like 2500 times only sadly

The appeal of the ss is that it's rwd with a v8 and it's Australian, not because it's a Chevy sedan you idiot nobody wants that

Nah. Rumors of the GS's death have been greatly exaggerated. The latest rumors are that it will continue on, and the next generation will be styled as a "muh 4-door coupé" meme since the ES has indeed become a legit midsize sedan now.

Fun little crossover. Sucks they killed the M2 in the US for the CX-3 though

Almost the entire crossover segment.
>I can't afford to drive a SUV but I want one that looks like one.
>I need something that works like a station wagon but I don't want to be seen in a station wagon.
>Low cars make me feel unsafe so I need to sit higher.

Found the V6 owner

Buick nowadays only exists because of China.

speaking of
Whats the point of the CRX, its just an overpriced Civic

Mitsubishi: how are they still alive?

Kia: just... why?

Hyundai: just... why?

Buick: really GM? You kill Saturn but save fucking Buick? ok.

Fiat in America: I am just wondering how long before they pull out of the states again. They have very low customer satisfaction and reliability rating.

Ram: what would possess someone to choose this over Ford, Chevy, or Toyota?

Fucking what???? Is this???

the worst v8 ford has ever put in a mustang is objectively superior to any v6 ford has ever put in a mustang

stop being a cuck and defending your pile of shit """"""muscle"""""" car

If you lower that by about 6 inches I'd quite like the Crosstour.

Have a 2012 genesis 4.6 what you roll? A bus?

How? A modern v6 mustang would shit on every v8 mustang made previously with the exception of; Shelby, Terminator, last gen v8

*And opel

it looks like the awful gran turismo versions from BMW

crossovers make a lot of sense from a marketing and engineering perspective; they are the ultimate "car", a synthesized average of the components of sedans, wagons, SUVs and vans that provide all the basic functions and features that the -average- consumer needs. they are not meant to be workhorses to routinely carry heavy loads or enthusiast cars to project the owners sense of style; they are meant to drive people and their cargo around at the speed limit with fuel and maintenance costs kept to the minimum. efficient 4 cylinder engines and FWD makes them mechanically simple and lightweight; handling and performance dont mean anything when you are dr

They also tend to be very cheap to manufacture since they are built off of sedan platforms then lifted and fattened with a larger cargo volume without all the reinforcement of a large SUV or pickup. Crossover's also have raised driving positions that are easier for older people to access, have better visibility and rate substantially better in crash testing. in fact every design feature that makes a crossover unique also rates them far better in crash safety and pedestrian safety, which is why they are so popular with people whose new car research consists of reading Consumer Reports safety ratings.

Uh, no. The GS is rwd and more performance minded

jahahah, e-class wannabe

>Genesis
>"What you roll"
Well hello nig nog

>Honda NSX: meme hybrid supercar that's slower than its European rivals and only slightly more powerful than its Japanese rival while costing more
every reviewer ever loved it. praised it for being way above the competition and 0-60 times wont disprove that
>Chevy SS: who the fuck at GM thought they could sell a mid-sized sedan at $50+K after taxes with a Chevy badge on it
rebadged aussie stuff. good stuff. fun stuff. great stuff. manual yo
>Mistubishi's continued existence: seriously, what the fuck, somebody mercy kill them
pajeros are still solid, they got bought by nissan though so not long now (guess they wanted that sweeeeeeeeet AWD system from the EVO that btfo subaru/audi)

Nicer than the E-Class of 2012 by far.

Exactly. That's why Lexus sells 3 ESes for every GS and why they're seriously considering killing it.

the w212 is much nicer than whatever shitbox genesis spewed at the time lol

Man I don’t even like mercedes but you must have smoked some good shit to dream of putting a mercedes and korean shit in the same category.

Well when you drive the two, which you haven't, then you will know. The Genesis is more comparable to the S-Class anyways but how would you know.

Basically any station wagon Audi sport model.

I cant even begin to comprehend how much of a cuck faggot you have to be to own one.

Pretty much the only reason I hear from fags who own these are
>Muh extra room

Bruh its not that much extra room and how the fuck are you sucking so hard at life that you can only own one car so you make it one of the most expensive cars available for no fucking reason.

OP here and FYI Im an Audi fag myself, got two in the garage atm, so fuck off with the "Its an Audi thing retard"

You guys are cunts.

>proving the "Its an Audi thing retard" meme right

I never ceases to deliver.

someones a little upset they didnt pay attention in school...

This