/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Previous: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Skywanderers
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general.
>Warthunder, found in the Warthunder general, /wtg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies
space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/fromthedepths/announcements/detail/2505541822959103045
regex101.com/
perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html
rexegg.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=mi3Ed-paCE4
youtube.com/watch?v=uCHAnKRrFVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for not using the etherpad for the OP

I want a game like CHoDE, but not for space weaponry
And you have to design the gun internals yourself

you've reminded me I probably need to go through the list of games and add some more info and shit some time

>Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general.
>Warthunder, found in the Warthunder general, /wtg/, not in this general.

Why did you include this in your OP, you autistic sack of shit?

Looks lie we need to add more

The will of the /seg/man was that it should be like that
Several anons planned on adding significantly more generals to the list
Still doesn't beat the time all of them got tagged and the people who showed up here by mistake sided with /egg/ instead of /hsg/.

Why the fuck are you lying? You added it to fuck with people's filters and to get this shit general more popularity.

Piss off you autistic shit

I didn't know that was a requirement, sorry.

What's wrong with that list?

Minecraft isn't an engineering game.
Mexican scam game can't be named without causing the thread to be deleted.
Heaarthstone, shadowverse, warthunder aren't engineering games.

I'd argue that Worlds Adrift should be added to the /egg/ game list.

Still no double crossout tho. You're a hackfraud kerbnigger.

10th for smooth landings

>Heaarthstone, shadowverse, warthunder aren't engineering games.

Why the fuck would anyone say they are??????? you fucking moron

It was made like the explicitly because you keep complaining.
Learn to regex properly please.
Each of these colors is one person.
So yes, it really was the will of the /egg/

I'm not OP

>I'm not OP
Well shit, I'm sorry, wasn't expecting 2 faggots ITT

We had people barge in and masturbate over virtual cards here before. And posters trying to shill their russian biased games by reverse psychology. Hopefully with this advisory sign on the OP it will happen less.

They complained we showed up in their searches and demanded we change our OP.
This is what they get for being physicians that can't regex.

For every additional post you make ITT, we will add another thread to that list, and blame it on your general. Ten posts, and we use the punishment string. Do not test us. We have used it before and we will use it again.

Each time you post to complain, another 10 OPs will include that.

>And posters trying to shill their russian biased games by reverse psychology
That's hilarious, story?

>tfw too dumb to understand regex
Got a guide that explains it as if the reader was a complete idiot? By that i mean that assumes you know absolutely nothing, not even conventions for shorthands.
Also, what is the "punishment string"? Is it the full name of the general+shorthand or something better?

It's every single general on Veeky Forums in a string at the bottom of the OP. Last time we used it was when /hsg/ refused to fuck off and stop demanding we omit one of the links from the OP.

How do I fix this shitpile mess?

>Not flaring up

stop building your shit on top of coal
open your map
RIGHT NOW, designate where your smelting is going to take place, and which direction your factory is going to go
have fun
give into the spaghetti

Thoughts on the FtD update?

steamcommunity.com/games/fromthedepths/announcements/detail/2505541822959103045

post spaghetti

It has both good things and bad things.

Flaring doesn't work in Besiege, or at least not with that plane. If you keep the nose up above stall speed the plane just flies up, and below stall speed it drops to the ground. It can't go in a straight line at any significant angle of attack, it either goes up, down or straight.

Also stall speed seems to be the same no matter how heavy the plane is, it's always around 30 m/s or 108 kph. With zero throttle the plane can glide down above that speed at very low alpha, but if you pull up it will lift up even at just 40 m/s

>enter storm mode
>get deleted by a 12000 ps vehicle with remote controlled rockets and miniguns.
>for 5-6 rounds in a row

Planes have to be real light in Besiege due to low engine power in general (especially without mods, it takes some real fuckery to not give up make a blimp/helicopter instead), so flaring isn't an option

You can make good and fast planes with vanilla power sources, you just have to use a bunch of them. This plane has 6 steam cannons without modded thrust values and can almost hit 700 kph. It's a good thing water guns (and basically every block outside of the flight category) don't generate drag too

I think the problem lies more in how lift and stalling works in the game, it's like it doesn't care much about wing loading and how it should affect the stalling speed of a machine

I just tried adapting this moderately heavy airframe to steam power and 6 steam cannons plus two flying screws can make it fly no problem. It isn't nearly as fast as the jet powered version especially in acceleration, but it can fly

Really all you have to do to make something fly in Besiege is put a lot of wing panels on it and make it move faster than 30 m/s

>electric furnace setup still accepting coal
>8-to-8 balancer that loops half of its outputs over its inputs
>... and then 4-to-2's them
>green circuits waste machine time with longhand removers
Doin well son

the load times in crossout are absurd now

thanks

My ships in from the depths are consistently aiming short, no matter what I do with my detection systems. How can I get my ships to aim above the damn waterline?

thanks

Your like a baby. Watch this.

make them shoot faster bullets

How to grilles work? They say that damage passes through, but you still see damage numbers pop up if you shoot them. Is that damage subtracted from the shot, which continues weaker? Does the shot deal partial damage to the grille, then deals full damage when it hits something solid?

Anyone up for Factorio? I m hosting right now. All Welcome Free Game

Bullets pass through, cannon shots and missiles don't.

I can read the tooltip myself, thank you.

Glad to help ya :^)

The bullets are plenty fast, but I can see even from a missile laser targeter that my vessels always aim just a little lower than the target actually is.

Then it's because of the aim point AI card. That thing targets AI cores and ammo blocks, which tend to be on the bottom of the hull. Your vehicle aims there, but don't take into consideration water, that might be why you're falling short.
Try removing that card and see what happens.
Or try to add more tracking devices to whatever you're using to shoot at the other vehicle

What do you think are good and what do you think are bad?
t. Not Nick

After more screwing around, apparently the problem is just that the coincidence rangefinders are useless, replacing it with radar based tracking fixed the problem, kind of. Now it's less accurate, in that the shells have a larger spread, but that spread is at least centered on the enemy vehicles now.

>Good
3x3 and 5x5 turrents, new textures and new shapes for some blocks and stuff
Simple weapons are viable, in fact, i've retrofitted all my planes so instead of using APS, they just use a two-axis turret with 3 autocannons

>Bad
A lot of stuff now has some kind of resistance to HEAT warheads
Missiles last half as long (30 seconds now)
Frag warhead fragments now do less damage the smaller the dispersion cone is set (a fragment 180 degree dispersion cone does more damage than the same fragment in a 10 degree cone)
There are some bugs with optimization due to change of Unity version, before i could have 15k blocks in screen without problem at max. graphics, now i get into "Degraded mode" at over 7k with the graphics at minimum. On top of that, the game's meshes tend to become trippy the longer I play. It's probably some kind of floating point CLANG shit.

Then there's some stuff that's neither good or bad, such as block health and armor points being rebalanced. It's good because you can fight cheese easier, but then again, cheese becomes cheesier. And without the help of HEAT or 0 degree frag, it can get frustrating.
Probably i'm leaving some stuff unsaid, but i can't think of anything else to say

That's weird, maybe you had it aiming in the wrong direction, or disconnected, because in my vehicles coincidence rangefinders work well

converted my car into a truck

You are a pathetic pleb if your filter doesn't work. A few char long RegEx will do the job.

are there any games like factorio ?

The only one I see is (you)

Minecraft

>Frag warhead fragments now do less damage the smaller the dispersion cone is set (a fragment 180 degree dispersion cone does more damage than the same fragment in a 10 degree cone)
I think that's ok, the "1 degree piercing frag of death" was getting a bit ridiculous

Infinifactory or heavily modded minecraft

Where are my eggman?
Wake up!

Teach me regex secrets user, i've tried to look into some guides but they all assume you already know some of it (or at least that you can immediately understand shorthands and fill in omissions of stuff that is supposed to be "redundant")

shift-space to pause and see the laylines of engineering
pick 4 biggosquares where there are no resource
this will be your first smelting area (the small one)
no boxes untill you get storage chests or you make some niche thing that you only need 10 at a time (I do it with locomotives and pumps)
never build anything on ore patches except drillos and beltos
and press alt once before alt-prtScreening so we can see what's where

it's not as bad as the other user that had filter inserters everywhere and decided night is a lovely time for screenshots
inb4 it's actually you

protip: ditch jet design, go with dual spinno powered by stack of wheels or chaos engine

I haven't even got any plane designs saved since I usually focus on what can complete the campaign levels
My best flier is a quadcopter with several auto-running rotors, half of the steering is just tilting it slightly.

Well, let me be no asshole today; I just came from work, no stress, cold beer in my hand.
1: Yes, do guides and tutorials, there is no other way, but also:
2: This helps for fast tests/learning:
regex101.com/
3: Get something like Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Chrome/Chromium) to add userscripts (you can also learn from other scripts...)
4: Make a script for the Veeky Forums catalog site with your custom RegEx (you know, like a RegExSearch button right next to the regular button)
5: ???
6: Profit!

Try for yourself. They have 90% damage resistance.

ip?
I'm still sperging over my retardobus factory, but I have hit the slowdown point so I might join up

zachtronics
start with infinifactory, go for spacechem later
gratz, you have now developed next level of autism

perl regex documentation perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html
page about them going from piss-easy to quite yeah rexegg.com/
and lastly a version for physicians regexr com or regex101 com

just stopped playing, random normie was sabotaging my factory, fucker removed single pipes for the steam engines,switched train to manual or fucked with the coal. He was clever, took me awhile.

I would offset 1 rail signal by 1 tile
works wonders
or added an extra signal just opposite to the trainstop

That's fucking beautiful.

It looks like a bunch of boost ramps and cables.

red belt, splitted, one part goes into blue underground, which goes into red underground which goes into blue underground which goes to the 5 lane of battery and circuitry
wtf?

and yes, battery not batteries, because this pic is an assault on me and every spaghetti ever made except the filter inserter guy

Enjoy.

why
for the love of CLANG why

I hope you have fun in the sixth loop of Hell you fucking heretic

What is the best structural engineering game?

hard structural benis in bagina

Some kind of a building CAD
there aren't really any actual structural engineering games besides basic bridge buiilders.
Would love to see a /cbg/ x /egg/ but that level of simulation would need incredible power.

what said
with the addition of mengies if you like lego

No, it was working properly. I replaced it again and even with airships, with a coincidence rangefinder on it decides the place to aim for is right beneath the keel, no aim point selection involved

first /egg/ cuck game, gues what happened...

i'll be your roundabout

youtube.com/watch?v=mi3Ed-paCE4

>We have seen various mechanisms instead of drones, our construction is unique and maybe it is the first homemade, anti-drone gun.
do you think someone would do that?
just go on the internet and tell lies?

We did good today!
Well, 331 to go...
>soon

> are there any games like factorio ?
Infinifactory has conveyor belts, but it still has a fairly large puzzle aspect like the other Zachtronics games.

FortressCraft Evolved has some similarities. But it's more focused on exploration; the logistics side is much weaker than Factorio.

All I know is that there are two kind of people, those who read the manual and those who make a leaf blower out of an angle grinder.

youtube.com/watch?v=uCHAnKRrFVI

Witnessed

>only the top 30 clans get uranium

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>isn't any better than a regular leafblower
>dangerous
>ten times as loud
very /egg/

loudness is directly correlated with functionality

why is /egg/ less and less about spengies? what the fuck happened?

sponges is a pile of shit that breaks all the time and cuckout is new, at least to the majority
it's also free

Why would you even fucking bother asking that
Look at the fucking thing
Spengies is literally worthless, there's not even a grind to occupy yourself with

Every time I tried to do something interesting with spengies, it turned out that it couldn't handle it. Anything with any moving parts will work fine one minute, blow up in a million pieces the next. It's really not fun to have the game's engine as the main difficulty factor.

1. Nothing's changing about the devs' incompetence
2. To fix nearly all off the physics/collision problems, you'd need to re-write the shitty engine from the ground up
3. Because of number 1, no amazing new functions are going to added any time soon
4. Because of number 2, no-one's going to 'mod it better' any time soon