Audi vs BMW vs Mercedes

I'm looking into getting an Audi S5 Sportback.

Which do you like better and why? Audi, BMW, Mercedes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9YjthcC1F4Q
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a33272/rising-tide-alfa-vs-m3-vs-amg-comparo/
caranddriver.com/comparisons/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-vs-bmw-m3-cadillac-ats-v-mercedes-amg-c63-s-comparison-test-2017-bmw-m3-page-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Audi has the best overall package
Mercedes has the best interior
Bmw will be the sportiest

Sportiest in the driving sense?

What BMW would be similar?

M440i Coupe would be faster and better handling

I like bmw most because they’re meant to make you feel connected to the road and enjoy driving overall. They handle great and have pretty nice interiors to boot. Audi and Mercedes make some fine cars too but they’re not as interesting for me.

But bmw has had lousy steering feel for years now according to every reviewer.

The ats took the handling crown and now the jag xe and giulia are better handlers and overall packages
>t. Benchracer

Also every new bmw looks exactly the same as one from 10+ years ago

I have to go for bmw. Don’t really know much about them but audis and mercs are the go to sandnigger mobiles in my country. Probably because they have cheap lower end models with the a3 and cla, and I see these cars on a daily basis but I can’t remember the last time I saw a current model 1 or 2 series. Every other bmw is just some normie leasemobile and I still rather be associated with them then sandniggers

according to reviewers the M3 is better handling than the Giulia.
new bmw's have lousy steering in comparison to older bimmers but when compared to the competition (audi, benz) the steering is still very good.

Seems like you copy pasted some shit from an “””unbiased””” reviewer. Get back to me when you’ve actually driven one.

youtube.com/watch?v=9YjthcC1F4Q

Audi has best interior, exterior and engine.

The only thing that's nice about that interior is that the A/C vents don't look like cannons, the rest is meh tier, especially that chode of a shifter.

I have an s6. It’s really good and apr tuned it to 540hp.

I also have a 135i and a GL450.

Merc is really nice if you want to go pure luxury. Even the AMG stuff is soft.

The BMW equivalent is a M240i or whatever with the number and the M parts as opposed to the M2.

I think Audi makes the best grand touring cars but bmw makes the better track cars.

Where I’m from Audi seems to take the prize as most prestigious these days. IDK if it was the utter domination at Le Mans trickling down into norms subconscious or the much better interiors they have or what. Maybe the R8 brought brand prestige up? Who knows.

It’s a good choice though op. Only do BMW if you plan on tracking

Audi is VW for the newly rich.
BMW is for the ones who can afford a MB.
If you know anything about cars you buy a Mercedes, even a used one is berter then an Audi.

* can't afford a MB

Why the fuck would you ever pick a Mercedes over a BMW?

Which reviewers exactly? Everyone I've watched has found the Giulia to be objectively better

Bread on hood

Its terrible, they did not even attempt to integrate the screen.
>inbb4 welcome to 2017
No fuck you there are modern cars that do it much better, we do not need to settle for this

OP here.

I really like the interior of the Audi S5, it's much nicer than the BMW.

Yeah, I won't be on a track racing.

It's just going to be my everyday car with a 1000km drive once or twice a year.

Audi because I like their awd vehicles

Chris Harris and others.
>The steering isn't huge on feedback but feels airy through the Giulia's thin wheel
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a33272/rising-tide-alfa-vs-m3-vs-amg-comparo/
>The best-steering M3
caranddriver.com/comparisons/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-vs-bmw-m3-cadillac-ats-v-mercedes-amg-c63-s-comparison-test-2017-bmw-m3-page-3

Clearly someone who doesnt know shit about cars.
I drive an Audi A7 and i love it. Drives awesome, great in every aspect.

Do the Audi. BMW doesn’t deserve the sail of their new cars bc they keep getting fatter and fatter. The Audi is perfect for what you want.

My sister had an older 5 series. Loved the way that car drove. Steering was solid.

Oh boy, its one of these threads.
Buy an Audi coupé and then change it to a proper 4 door car after you realize your shitty decision.

Buy the car you love, not the one other people love.

that steering wheel always reminds me of pic related

b-but all their classes are priced exactly the same

>inb4 "the amg gtr is more expensive then a 320d 3 series"

>someone who owns an audi prefers it over other similar brands

color me surprised

Yeah I prefer Audi, but Ive never said its better than any other car. Bmw, mercedes and audi all build great cars.
But saying audi is just a vw for "newly rich" and worse than a used mercedes and bmw is only for people who cant afford a mercedes is plain stupid.

An A5 sportback or an A7 is a proper 4 door car ;)

>working on an audi

So is Lada 2105. There is no difference with A7 and Lada 2105 since they both have 4 door so they should be able to do the same job equally well :^)

Id never question this

i owned an A5. Shit car.
Basically just an A3 with a different body.

Mercedes Benz is superior in every way. I learned it the hard way.

when i was younger i liked Audis Design more but times have changed.

Theres a reason why so many people fanboy MB for an entire lifetime.

What Mercedes would suit me then?

4 Door. Quick off the line. Everyday driving + 1000km trip 1-2 times a year.

Same price range.

>mercedes
>not the best interiors

Even the C-Class interior shits all over everything from BMW and Audi.

That interior looks horrible.

Post your face so we can judge how ugly you are.

Why an S5?

If you want 4 doors, get the S4. Cheaper, and more room in back

C - Class or E if you can afford it.

Makes no sense to buy a S5 if you want a 4-Door Sedan. A4/A6 is better for your purpose.

I‘d obviously go with MB. Just test drive them all and go with your heart.

>Also every new bmw looks exactly the same as one from 10+ years ago
Implying this is a bad thing, I love how everyone assumes my 10y/o 1 series, which I bought for cheap, is new. Normies just see the badge bruh

Buying new or second hand?

Wtf is this spaceship looking shit?
New cars suck hard.
This is what a car looks like

not the same car retard

lol relax grandpa, noone cares what you think

I bet you are from the US, am I right?
BMW and Audi have done a great job at marketing themselves as the top luxury brands. And truth be told, the Audi's do have a great interior, same thing can't be said about the BMW's though.
As to way MB is better: the engines.
If only you knew what kind of low tier shit Audi (VW) is selling you would have never bought one in the first place. And I am not talking about power. I am talking about reliability, consumption, emissions. Audi (VW) are frauds.
BMW has somewhat better engines, but their interiors are abyssmal and their cars are WAAAY overprized.
MB has the best engineers, and it shows. The engines run like clockworks.
But if you wanna have a car that looks "cool", go ahead, buy the Audis and the BMWs.
Everyone starts out as an Audi and BMW fanboy, until they grow up.

>chink tablet
Yeah no

>Everyone starts out as an Audi and BMW fanboy, until they turn 50 and need a landyacht to ease their back pain.
Ftfy

>60 billion stupid fucking buttons AND a touchscreen just slapped on the dash without care
>most likely fake carbon fiber

bmw if you want to pretend youre sporty but have luxury
mercedes if you want german luxury
audi if you want an overpriced rebadged passat thats top trim will be worth 1k in 10 years

Well just compare how much space you have in a small old bmw and how stuffed the much bigger modern c class is built. I don't know man, thats just not my thing.

>i owned an A5. Shit car.
>Basically just an A3 with a different body.
lol seriously how fucking dumb can you be

1.BMW
5. Audi

I see it

>artico leatherette
>shits on everything

AYY LMAO

I own a 2015 bmw z4 that all the reviewers claimed had bad steering feel. It's actually amazing. I've driven a Boxter S and a TTS and they're steering feel is better but BMW is not far behind. Certainly not as bad as reviewers claimed

Are the big Germans really as maintenance-heavy/maintenance-costly as I've heard?

I was thinking of getting a 3-series but I see lots of talk bout planned obsolescence and other reliability memes with German cars that make me feel like I should look for something else.

Yikes, Audi was ahead of the game when it comes to bad screen placement

Depends on the car really. The new 3 series are pretty solid all around. If you’re looking at e92’s then they’re all reliable aside from the M3 and the 335i.

I was looking at a rwd, compact-mid size with a 6 or turbo 6 that's not more than a few years old, so either an F30 335i, a 5th gen S4, or whatever the equivalent C class is, as far as the German brands go.

Definitely the F30 335i if you care at all about driving enjoyment. The S4 is okay but the C class is just straight up worse. The F30 335i is much, much more reliable than the previous gen 335i. Also it’s easy to make more power out of it with ecu tuning.

I know this is a German thread but how do the other competitors stack up to the 335i?
I was cross shopping it with a 3.0t Q50, an IS350, an XE, and possibly gambling on the Korean cars next year since I won't be buying the car for at least a little while.

Yes that's what it should look like, but they haven't done it right since

You're better of buying a Golf GTi if you're considering anything Audi.

I'd still pick something from BMW or Mercedes over an Audi/VAG product any day though.

Im not the first one you quoted, im the one with the a7 and the thing and if youre not completely dumb you could see im from germany

I've heard even ze Germans consider Audi to be the very worst of the BMW, Mercedes, Audi triangle. At least that's what other German posters on Veeky Forums have said.

Well i know bmw gearboxes are shit, they cant handle the power, i know several bmw drivers that had problems with bigger engines. And mercedes is too soft and smooth, you dont have the right feeling when you want to drive sporty. For me, audi is just perfect, but as i said before, ity my personal opinion. Everyone has different needs

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure bmw and VAG both use ZF gearboxes. Mercedes has the 7gtronic which even mercedes fans will admit is garbage.

Yep, Audi have been using ZF transmissions since the 90s and still are today in the A4 through to the A8.

>bmw transmissions are shit
>audis are better
>audi using the exact same transmissions

> which do you like better
The new German contender.
> and why
Because it’s better. :)

I work for a Hyundai dealership and I've driven them. The transmission on them is the worst thing I've ever experienced.

>twin turbo V6
>makes less power than a 90s era M5
how is it possible to get such little power from a twin turbo V6 when the germans can do it better with a NA V8 from over 20 years ago?

everyone seems getting Mercedes nowadays, I saw a lot mercedes than both bmw and audi.

many urop use zf tranny except Mercedes mct made by Daimler.

Lol wtf, did Audi make an even fatter WRX/Evo?

That depends on the AMG, brosef. The A45 AMG is a fucking monster and it is stiff as shit, the CLA45 is a bit softer and less extreme, and the GLA45 is another step back.

It's too bad that Mercedes was too chicken to sell the A45 in the United States or that car would wipe the floor with the Civic Type-R, STI, Focus RS, and Golf Type-R. Maybe it would even outpace an RS3.

>the convenient "I worked for a dealership" line

Let's see proofs

Well, like what? All I do is transfer vehicles for delivery. Basically the whole job is just driving new cars which is pretty sweet.

The Hyundai i30s are also terrible. It's the most depressing car I've ever driven. But at least their transmissions are nicer.

>Well, like what? All I do is transfer vehicles for delivery. Basically the whole job is just driving new cars which is pretty sweet.

Well there is enough paper trail for that. Show me a portion of a paycheck or lanyard, photo of the workplace or anything like that. It's not too hard.

Well then tell my why bmw transmissions break down a lot with less torque then most audis. I habe three close friends with x3 or 330d and even on 325d that broke down and never heard that from an audi. When they use the same, then bmw uses them wrong obviously

Why are the krautfags so shook about Kias?

lol, no you don’t and no you haven’t. You work a Whataburger and drive a 95 Chevy Malibu.

If Randy Pobst didn’t have anything bad to say about it other than in manual mode it’ll upshift if you stay at an rpm for too long, then there is nothing wrong with the transmission.

It’s a conservative tune. A tuner who got their hands on the RWD V6tt Stinger made 412 rwhp and something like 450 lb ft torque. And just for a chip mail tune. That’s not even upping he boost.

> would wipe the floor with all of these cars that cost 1/3rd if the price

I never though I'd be that guy who legit worked at somewhere he said and nobody believed him. Weird.

Still, it's just my opinion. I've driven them and the transmission is pretty terrible.

I have no idea, but it’s absolutely hilarious. I think it’s because two known names in the German world made the Stinger. And now that it’s been shown to run a 0-60 in 4.4 sec and a 1/4 in the 12’s on the street, not even a prepped track. I think that it’s probably because this car came out of nowhere and no one expected it to be made.

Then give specifics. How are they terrible. If you really are a lot porter at a Hyundai dealership that for some reason got the Kia Stinger in, then what makes it so terrible?

Because it just sounds like you are meme’ing.

too bad it'll still be shit as a performance car because Kia doesn't actually have any motorsports performance.

transmissions grenading in 70k miles, engines knocking in 50k, tires showing terrible wear only halfway through their life cycle, etc. calling it now. no company that doesn't race their cars will ever build a truly competent performance car because they don't understand how to actually utilize performance.

Slow gear changes, flappy paddles are crap, shifter itself is a terrible design etc. I'll admit the changes might be due to the car having less than 10 miles on the clock but who knows. I still hate the shifter so much though.

The dealership is owned by one guy who owns 2 others so I go back and forth between them all but the main one I'm at each day is Hyundai.

Dunno man you should investigate, my bimmer is going on 11 years and has no transmission problems.

It'll be a funny shitstorm no matter how the Stinger turns out, like a 2nd Corvette/GTR shitflinging contest except between 1 car and an entire country's fans.
I hope it turns out at least decent because more variety in worthy brands is good.

Funny, every Audi owner I've know has had severe issues, including with the transmission. My friends Audi TT has fucked up it's trans and will cost $15k to get fixed. The gear changes are like they're being selected with a sledgehammer.

> transmissions grenading
Not the Hyundai 8 speed auto.
> engines knocking
Only the 2011 Theta II i4. Not the Lambda II v6tt.
> tires showing wear half the life
Kia/Hyundai don’t make tires. Also, this is redundant because it’s purely on the tire manufacturer and the drivers habits.
> doesn’t race their cars
Youdo reaize the turbo Optima has been competing for couple of years now and has been doing great, right?
> don’t know how to utilize performance
> even though Albert Biermann, the Father of the M, chief engineer of BMW’s M division, quite literally engineered the Stinger in every aspect of the car
Sounds like you’re just spouting nonsense. Go take a shower, your room is becoming musty and go get a job, you’re making your mother cry.

> slow gear changes
Incorrect.
> floppy paddles
Incorrect.
> shifter design is terrible
Let’s see if you really been inside of a Stinger, let alone drive one.
What trim did you drive Base, Premium, GT, GT1, or GT2? Describe the shifter itself. How do you put it in park? Describe the paddles, what material are they made of? When you start the car, what mode does it start in?

you're gonna be really mad when this car turns out to be no good in the real world

Not the same user, but that’s because you have an old Bimmer. New ones over the last 6 years tend to start breaking within two years. They aren’t made to last anymore and are made to get people to trade in for new ones.

So far it’s looking decent. I don’t know about longevity, but the quality of the exterior and interior is miles beyond anything Hyundai/Kia has ever done before. But, then again it was designed by Peter Schreyer from Audi. And the test models have been driven 1,000,000 miles on the Nurburgring. And driven six months in -30 degree weather. So, they seem pretty durable. We’ll see though. I have some hopes for the car.

I direct you to the post below your’s.

i'm talking when the reviewers come out and say 'well it's a good car but there are a lot of reasons we don't like it'

Designed by doesn't mean built by. A car designed by the Japanese and then built by Italians isn't going to have Japanese reliability.