What modern cars have commonly known nicknames?

we used to have beetles, tin snails, maluchs, a lot of (small) cars have nicknames and every country has different ones for the same cars, has this practice disappeared?

Yes because all the cars look the same.

Cars stopped being homogenous. When in Poland during the 80s every other car was a fiat 126p then that specific car is in the entire public consciousness. Now cars are simply not all the same car so it's less likely that an entire country will have a common association.

Does Godzilla and snek count?...even though snek is more of an Veeky Forums thing. I'm sure there are some others out there I'm not thinking of.

>Snek
Who?

godzilla counts, other one that came to mind was the widowmaker for the 911, but those all originated in the 80s/90s and carried over to newer 911s and GTRs

because people are dull and tepid now

Oh yea forgot widowmaker! I was thinking Porsche had one but couldn't think of it. And yea I'd count them as modern but I don't know how recent op is considering "modern"

Dodge viper

Awww its cute lil fuzz bug

no is nightmare devil bug that ruins all your trees

>Cars stopped being homogenous.
It is the other way around, every car is the same shape because of aerodynamics these days.

I haven't seen those in years

Oh fuck off. It's certainly not more homogenous than when every car on the road is the exact same one, perhaps with a different paint job

Guys I think im having a retard moment? What is OPs car in pic called? I legitimately thought that car is called a maluch....

72-87 built by Fiat as 126 and from 73-2000 built by Fiat Polski as 126p which got the nickname Maluch

ty ty, uneducated amerifat here

Around here we call beetles Bubbles.
theres always Beemer/Bimmer for BMW's.
Cars these days are so indistinguishable and shortlived that nicknames dont happen

We do have the Cavemaro, the poor man's bentley, and the Civic Type Rice, just to name a few.

So essentially the nicknames are no longer endearing and closer to pisstake.

Bless the pols for making so many 126. So many parts are interchangeable with my 500. Keeping the parts market cheep.

"common nicknames" for certain cars,are shorten versions of their regular names. not to many proper nicknames anymore, with a few exceptions though.
Challenger = Chally
Mustang = Stang
Corvette = Vette
Genesis' = Genny
Any BMW = Bimmer
Any Subaru = Scooby, or Scoob
Mazda = Rustbucket

Never heard of Challys, gennys, or Scoobs.

But the rest are regular as fuck.
Is it a state thingy or something?

Scoobys are common in the UK

Maluch kurwa do chuja pedaƂy!

126p was called "peglica" where I live.

Translation would be like "small iron".

125p was called "pezeac"

BROTHER!

Everybody knows bugeye

I always called non-v8 mustangs notangs

you could go with commonwhore and falcoon for commodore and falcon respectively, not that I've heard it much.
I've taken to referring to the alfa romeo sports variant as the 'quatrofromage'

odakle si ti?

Subaru ( Imprezas) are known as Farmers Ferraris in Switzerland.