What went so right?

What went so right?

Lexus

>assmad domesticuck projecting

Shit cheap cars with engines so underpowered they get touted as "bricks".
Their only "sports car" has various issues ranging from failed pandered marketing and straight out lack of power.

My country loves Toyota and has no domestic.

We aren't all seppos or poms eurocuck

>Shit cheap cars
not really "shit" if it can outlast almost any car manufacture that isn't Japanese. But it also gets better reliability ratings than most of it's Jap brethren.

>engines so underpowered they get touted as "bricks".
citation please

>Their only "sports car" has various issues ranging from failed pandered marketing and straight out lack of power.

that don't matter, toyota aint trying to impress many with performance. reliability is their number 1 concern, and they do a good job at that.

>eurocuck
nope

Most Toyotas arnt even made in Japan anymore weeb

Japanese build quality

No shit. Still a Jap-owned brand built by the kind of Americans who know what the fuck they're doing.

America has nothing to do with it

It's Japanese quality control.

Lexus is the better subsidury

>he thinks that his corolla is made in Japan
>he ignores all the Toyota recalls in the past two decades

>>eurocuck
>nope
i don't get it, was he calling you one?

I wasn't

His reading comprehension is shithouse

Still makes reliable cars regardless.

But you did, retard...
>We aren't all seppos or poms eurocuck

It should be:
We aren't all seppos, or poms, eurocuck.

Ever heard of "punctuations" you dumbshit? LMAO!

Japan can't even figure out airbags what's your point

Oooh wow, you mean the floor mat recall that isn't really a big issue? or the frame rust issue that's been long resolved? lmao ur dumb.

>Koreans can't even figure out airbags what's your point*

ftfy

Shitbox ->
Dealers coat it enough to make them durable ->
Fuel economy turns out to be a really big thing for shitboxes ->
Hybrid EVs can at the least kick off properly, so being a shitbox goes from horrid to plain

Then again, everything on the auto marked is sorta horrible, so it really doesn't matter. Even less so, so long the shitbox can at the least drive uphill.

Google "Toyota recall" in the news section to see the latest Toyota recalls~

Also go to Toyota's "Voluntary recalls" page to see their latest and hottest recalls!

>Toyotafag in denial

nice sources, oh wait NOT.

this goes to show when you domesticucks go full damage control, you search up "toyota recalls" just to show me false shit.

Toyota trucks best trucks

Why did they have to take a BMW chassis and slap their skin and engine on and call *that* a "Supra"? just why.. it isn't even going to be built at a Toyota factory.

Quick reminder: all the Toyota recalls that I posted are from the past year alone; it barely scratches the surface of Toyota """""""quality"""""""

To make things worse, Toyotas are fucking ugly. A big shame, really.

This. That could go for 1 million miles with it's original engine if taken good care of.

>To make things worse, Toyotas are fucking ugly. A big shame, really.

Function > Form

But of course it probably the other way around for you. You probably care more about looks than how a car functions.

>"""function""
>get recalled

enjoy your ugly glorified shitbox homie

>Right

Nothing at Toyota is going right until I can buy an S-FR.

Don't even have to baby it. Just put good oil in it every change and it's good to go

Fuck off redditor nobody gives a shit about proper grammar except those fags

>gets recalled

over minor stuff.

lmao, fuck youre dumb. and i will, enjoy your unreliable garbage.

I'm not a redditor though??? lol you're just salty because you're to stupid to use punctuations.

>o-over minor stuff baka!
So much for immaculate Lexus """quality"""

If this isn't damage control, I don't know what is

>touches salt
>frame evaporates
pff nothing personal kid

They look good.

Busriders of Veeky Forums never see products in real life, since they're NEETs that are too scared to leave mom's basement. In real life they're fine, some are downright beautiful. But if you're a NEET that only has 2D pictures to go by, then sure, they're "ugly."

Ahhh. This meme again.
I live at the oceanfront and drive on the beach all the time. Never had an issue and it has over 200k miles on it.

Hmmmmm

Insecure as fuck: the post

No I'm salty because I maintain the only good Lexus is the one made in Japan domestic market.

Normal non jdm Toyota is trash.

>normal non jdm Toyota is trash
don't forget Lexus

>*blocks your path*
>$3.4 billion dollar class action lawsuit pay out due to rust frames and the recall

because it is minor stuff you sperg.

shit people won't fret over because it isn't life threatening

>HURRRRR FRAMERUST XDDDD

yawn. next you're gonna bring up the floormat recall. just watch

enjoy your extra garbage tech. lexus was a mistake lmao.

Be a shame if people ever cleaned their vehicles.
But I'll just continue to drive on the beach with zero issue. Thanks though, friend

>because it is minor stuff you sperg.
Minor enough to catch the gas pedal and kill plenty of people? If Lexus can't even get floormats right, then that's a problem.

Also:
>implying the floor mat recall is the only recall that Lexus made

damage control, nibba

Japanese brand that isn't a German car or Nissan. My Camry's assembled in Kentucky, have no complaints, here's to another 200k miles.

They are the official econobox brand. They make boring reliable cars very well and that's it.

>minor stuff
Just go to lexus.com and click on the recall page to see for yourself how well built Lexus is

>kill plenty of people
[CITAT.... ah who are we kidding? You have no sources for any of the stuff you're saying. Typical emotional arguments of a woman.

>Voluntary
>Voluntary
>Voluntary
>Voluntary

>kill plenty of people
>anywhere in that story
Still waiting.

Most manufacturers recall voluntarily to avoid costly lawsuits. That doesn't make Lexus any special.

Also these "voluntary" recalls happened way after the cars left the assembly line and problems started showing up. "voluntary" is a buzzword for "please don't sue us for injuries"

Okay actually looked it up and found that they were injuries at most. Doesn't change the fact that Lexus/Toyota is shit, however.

Lexus is even more pointless now that they tarded up the styling and stuck most of the same fancy tech/safety features on base model Camrys and Priuses

Reminder that the reason Toyota is associated with lolrust is because they actually admitted the problem and were giving 15 FUCKING YEARS of warranty on Tundras and Tacomas. They admitted the problem and did a recall

Meanwhile murican trucks rust to shit just as bad, amerilards think this is a feature so they just finance a new FERD BUILT TUFF every 3 years, and when there is a legit problem they will do everything they can to deny it or say WELL HURRR U DON'T NEED MORE THAN 2 KEYS ON YOUR KEYHOLDER HURRR

>dumb redneck will deny this

>beaches
I take it you don't live in the salt belt then.

T. Toyota poorfaf

The fact that Toyota was willing to give their old pickups new frames was crazy in itself while GM tells new Silverado owners to go fuck themselves over the Chevy Shake suspension issues.

Every single fucking Dodge Ram rusts around the wheels and in half of the fucking bed up in Ohio. If anyone thinks rust is a Toyota problem they're kidding themselves, it's a problem for every vehicle up north.

I googled lolrust because i thought this was a meme like LOL CAN'T TURN, and i just got the profile of some jap game developer
lol'd

My favorite part is that telsla can't even ship a single car without some sort of huge issue

>implying recalls are a bad thing
if they are shit and dont get recalls thats something to worry about the brand.

Almost all brands perform regular voluntary recalls or eventually get caught, pay a fuckhuge price (higher than performing a full recall), and then are forced to recall.

In conclusion, because everyone recalls (because getting caught lying is risky and costlier), having the highest number of recalls is not a "badge of honor," if that's what damage-controlling Toyota fanboys actually believe.

>he posted a photo that happens to block the fuck-ugly grille

like pottery

>reliability
>subaru engine
That's a funny one.

My 4runner was

>toyota
>find problem in car
>recall it
>americans
>find problem in car
>o well lol

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

If we learned something from the recent Takata and Kobe steel scandals, the Japanese are the bigger culprits in keeping defects a secret for as long as possible

>chinese ship shit metal without telling anyone its shit
>spills the beans only after 2 years of this shit metal being used everywhere
>ITS JAPANS FAULT HNNGGGGGGGGGG

It is Japan's fault. Do you want me to post more photos of old Japanese men bowing in front of the cameras?

Last yota I had was a 98 corolla with the 1ZZFE.
Now yota sucks big nigger cocks.

>photos of old Japanese men bowing
CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE

Like you have any. Keep making excuses Weeb fanboy

Why didn't Toyota make a GT-R competitor? Toyota has an absurd amount of money--much more money than Nissan--and the GT-R was relatively successful. Is it a matter of ability? Can Toyota not make a car that competes with godzilla?

Toyota is busy making Lexus luxury barges

stay mad

upload a photo of yourself bowing in apology so I can make a comeback post

Did you know that Toyota is the demon car company?

see

yes. LOL

Simplistic design + crude machining = God tier reliability even without maintenance.

>mfw I own a late 90s tacoma that was recalled a few years back because they rust so bad
>mfw Toyota offered to buy them back at 1.25x kbb value
>mfw previous owner didn't do this and instead opted to get a thin layer of whats basically black rustoleum sprayed underneath

>god tier reliability
t. never owned a toyota

Well they did fuck up with Scion though. Toyota sat there and let the Kia Soul kill the XB even though the XB was the better car.

So which years were toyota good?

Toyotas are still pretty good; it's just been resting on its laurels a bit too long.

A bit tooo long..

A bit tooooooo long.

autistic obsession with lowest standard deviation (and higher "moments"). so if one part has design defect, you can be sure, it'll fail exactly the same way in 600 000 other cars

>engines so underpowered they get touted as "bricks".

the moniker "brick" is meant to describe the engines reliability and stability retard

>It's Japanese quality control.

japanese quality control was actually taught to them by americans post ww2.

recalls happen to EVERY car made. put that many parts together and your bound to get some problems.

the "Just in time" production system.

basically so good GM had to beg to learn how to manufacture cars like that from Toyota.

I currently own 1 KE30, 2 KE55s, 1 SA63 and an SW20.
Tell me all about how unreliable Toyota's are please.