drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*ninja flips*

Forgot link:

twitch
.tv/epicnamebro

Honestly love the demon prince fight.

Shame that doesn't do triple the damage.

Oh hey, Marc, how's the kids?

>tfw two /dsg/ threads..

Blame the single-link autist who keeps wanting to promote the Discord.

so whats the lore behind the chosen undead being unable to PAUSE HIS FUCKIN GAME

In the end, which metas were the least and most fun?

it's actually because two people made threads at 740 at the same time

git gud

If you know you can pause at any time to collect your nerves and plan ahead, a lot of the tension and flow of the fighting is removed.

Souls like:

Story / World
>Dark / High fantasy setting with supernatural powers
>faceless protagonist
>lore told through item descriptions and npc dialogue, not cinematic custscenes/direct exposition
>world-ending or post apocalyptic peril
>Guiding waifu for the player
>Multiple morally ambiguous endings

Non-combat mechanics
>Third person rpg movement and camera control
>explorable levels with shortcuts, traps, gimmicks, and enemy rooms (metroidvania)
>multiple classes and gameplay styles that play drastically differently
>varying speed classes of weapons and armor (light, mid, heavy, etc.)
>lots of character stats and build creating with tradeoffs, not just linear upgrades
>random enemy item /weapon drops
>"boss" weapons and armor

Game Design
>large end-dungeon bosses
>surprise mid-game player or NPC invasions
>open-world exploration or varied boss order
>Asymmetric multiplayer
>unified currency for items and rewards from enemies
>tweaking of basic game mechanics (walking speed, stagger, dodge distance, basic combat options, etc.)

Combat Mechanics
>combat-first melee focused game design with blocking and/or rolling
>enemy lock on and strafing
>stamina bar that is consumed by movement, dodging, and/or attacking
>critical/riposte attacks like backstabs, shieldbreaks, or headshots
>easy mid-combat weapon swapping
>mid-combat healing

Enforced integrated multiplayer. If you want to pause, you'll have to quit the game temporarily while in an area not populated by mobs.

Many reasons

Pausing breaks the flow of a fight and being unable to pause means you're also fighting against your own nerves

The other big one is asymmetrical multiplayer. Can't have that and a pause button too.

Za warudo

Post your character cosplays!
Post builds for them too!

Solid list.

discord.gg/C3AX2Hk

>found the glitch to get summoned as a dark moon blade under the next 30 seconds
Wew I live under a rock
If only I knew it before then I wouldn't had to farm those fucking knights

>

I think there are enough specific staples here for Soulslike to be considered a legitimate genre.

What glitch? Just started a deprived guy for another run today. Would be helpful to know

He's baiting you retard

Best boy with the best Souls

>how's the kids?
Probably at his parents' house? I thought he only had one daughter though.

C3AX2Hk is the link

For those wondering

Starting a new Steam account was believed to give you more blue invasions.

I still want a Souls/Soulslike with a bright, fantastic world full of hope and optimism, with a happy ending for everyone locked behind the hardest, most punishing content that could only be considered vaguely fair.

Like these fucking reindeer holy fuck

>"Hey man how do I pause this game I need to take a shit"
>"Git gud"
I hate this community sometimes

can't wait for the pillars of the community to recognise das2 as the superior souls game at least compared to das3

I'm pretty sure being able to pause mid-fight with a boss or mob would ruin most of the feel of these games.

You can "technically" pause if you're undead/hollow/offline or somwhere invasions are blocked, and in a place where mobs are cleared. Instead of pressing a button, you just gotta make sure your guy is safe.

I hate you sometimes too, user

>if don't care about winning or learning the game
Most fun: DS3
Least Fun: DS1

>if you actually wanted to play the game and figure it out
Most fun: DS2
Least Fun: DS1

>If you are the type of player that throws a fit when they lose
Most fun: DS1
Least Fun: DS3

Unless you're in a boss fight, then just chill somewhere where there aren't enemies. If you haven't just been running past everything finding such an area isn't remotely hard

With the way online works, you can't pause without fucking things up. But just stay hollow/unembered if you don't want to be invaded. Also in DS3 you can teleport to the hubworld at any time via a homeward bone. Since they're cheap you only have yourself to blame if you don't have one on you.

Stop sucking.

chloanne has POWERFUL collar bones

10/10
Nice to see cool cosplays.
That, and I have seen too many """"Guts""""

That's absolute horseshit. Anybody who believed that got memed on hard.

t. 28 Ears in 3 and a half days on a Steam account that was created in the 2003 beta

It's not that hard to hold in your shit for the 15 seconds or so it takes to run away from mobs, quit from the menu and then get up and walk to the bathroom. Inconvenient perhaps, but not difficult.

youre on another level

It's because blues work on a priority system where if you die a lot, you don't get summoned as much.

proofs?

>Learning the Game
>Shit Souls 2
Fuck off

That's also horseshit. Were that the case, someone would have found that out with CE long ago.

guys I cant beat the abyss watchers, died probably 20 times already halp. Git gud obviously being on the table first, what else do would you suggest?

are you struggling with anything in particular? first phase? second phase? both?

Let them kill each other in the first phase.

Press R1 on him in the second phase, because he's a shitty boss with zero poise that lets you stagger him.

>covetous demon has a gimmick where you can free hollows so he chases them instead
WHY
He's already easy as fuck

Red Eyes is on your team
They can be backstabbed

With the changes to Stamina breakpoints when using the FaP +3

How much is ideal for the Valorheart? I'm trying to make a build around it and the Lothric Knight Long Spear

I-Is that a good thing...?

>hating build variety
go back to fox only final destination

Is there a posing mod for Dark Souls like the ones for Skyrim and Oblivion?

If you're on PS4 I'm happy to give you a hand, I'm certainly around the average level for it. I'm waiting for someone to help me with a boss so it'll pass the time

mostly the first phase it takes so long as i just run when the unfriendly one spawns and wait for them to fight eachother, but i can never hit the backstab there.and i feel like it maybe harder to get behind him with a keyboard or im bad.
also thanks for the fast replies

>best emotes
>best fashion
>best build variety

dark souls 2 is the best game for player expression

Maybe they thought the base form would be harder. The mechanic is pretty neat though, and I will always take any opportunity I can to fuck over those assholes for what they do to you later in Undead Crypt.

Ideally at least 34, optimally all the way to 40. Valorheart is stupidly stamina-hungry because of the block-and-attack trading that it's designed for.

Build Variety is worthless in a shit game

>infinite hyperarmored healing

Why is this allowed?

>generic anime villian
Looks like a bad attempt at making a Griffith cosplay.

Im on pc :(

2 has the worst, most obnoxious gestures. No Way is way more annoying than someone using Well What Is It?

because you lack the stomach

Why are you giving them time to heal? They still take damage, so go get hits in. Wind up that heavy for when they're done healing so it makes as little difference as possible.

>ds3friends disappointed that he's liking DS2 more than DS3

Because you should be backstabbing him for massive damage instead of R1 spamming him for minimal.

Just set a pass and ask for some help. Loads of PC players here are always willing to co-op.

If you were in charge at Fromsoft and could make one last balance patch before leaving ds3 entirely, what would you change:

>Rework sharp infusion so that 60 is the softcap and increase the damage there, but make it so that you can't get the insane damage some weapons have at 80 now
Buffs:
>luck in general: make it so that at 60, it feels like how good it was in earlier builds
>Blessed/Simple: both give only physical damage bonus with their regen mechanic, but give them actual damage. Should only be about 10% less AR at 60 than in the weapon's intended stat. Either that, or allow both infusions to be buffed with resin/spells.
>Partizan type 2HR2s have poise frames
>all damage types can do counter damage now, not just thrust, but to lesser effect
>Feasing Branch scales with int instead of str
>rose of ariandel true combos with lightning arrow at max cast speed
>shield splitter speed increased and deals more damage to shields
>Firelink Greatsword scaling increase
>Executioner greatsword can be infused
>Spin stomp changed to be able to roll catch
>Almost everything that deals increased damage to shields gets better shield damage
>Bloodlust gets additional bleed damage with the WA, in addition to the damage boost
>Axe warcy r2s have poise
>drang hammers and twinaxes have l1 posie, but decreased damage
>Gargoyle flame hammer and all demon weapons have increased scaling
>Dragonslayer spear/swordspear have decreased dex scaling, but increased faith scaling that improves lightning and phys damage
>Emit force damage boost
>Divine pillars damage boost and tracks target
>Magic barrier increases all elemental resistance
>Vow of silence increased time
>Lifehunt scythe speed increased
>Bursting fireball, profaned flame, boulder heave, black fire orb, floating chaos, and flame fan increased damage
>firestorm increased damage and poise
>flame whip speed increase
>power within and carthus beacon increased time
>seething chaos lasts longer and activates by proximity
cont.

taking bets on what age she starts lurking /r/happas

14 at the slightest. With an ugly looking father like that? She's bound to find other happas for connection

Nothing, because I'd make sure all the playtesters and balancers were working hard on making the next AC / Dark Fantasy / MMO they're working on instead

Where does DeS belong on ENB ranking (DaS > DaS2 > DaS3)?

help lads i forgot
whats the best time to stop leveling vigor
27 am i right? asking for a sl 120

At least 35, optimally 39. 27 Vigor is for if you want to be two-shotted by a UGS combo.

27 minimum, but at SL120 there are enough death combos that you should have 35-40 vig to give yourself some wiggle room. 35 with FAP or life ring, 39 or 40 otherwise.

27 is fine if you're an embered host, but not if you're doing pvp

>Epic Miscarriage

great swamp ring and witchs ring stack right?

Yes

Getting an itch to play DS2 Scholar Edition again, which community is more active? PC or PS4?

>what is google?

pc

few more buffs:
>all soul arrows have increased tracking
>farron darts have increased damage at lower int (should be more useful than throwing daggers at 30-40 int)
>farron hail/crystal hail increased damage per pellet
>soul stream damage boost (should be capable of 1000 damage at 60 int with all boosting gear equipped)
>farron flashsword damage/poise damage increase
>soul greatsword/old moonlight speed increase. Increased damage with high-scaling catalysts (keep the pick combo about the same)
>pestilent mercury no longer hurts the caster
>hidden weapon changed to body buff (but does not mask weapon buffs)
>dark edge poisecasting

Nerfs:
>curved greatswords have less scaling across the board
>daggers are easier to roll out of after 2 hits (or cant roll catch as easily)
>murky hand scythe scaling changed to scale primarily with int/faith, but can't be buffed on any infusion
>longsword, greatsword, and katana phantom range fixed (same with fist running l1)
>throwing knives capped at 15 per fight
>healing spells cant be used in arena fights/cannot be posiecasted
>lightning arrow poisecasting ends after 4 seconds
>fire surge slight range decrease/fp consumption increase
>homing soulmass speed decrease/crystal HS damage decrease
>Farron dart fp increase

I want a Souls game with a bigger focus on attrition. Very scarce bonfires, big, a bit more open areas, and constant risk of getting invaded, as you'd have to go human at a bonfire. I can imagine long, comfy coop runs through huge levels, players resting mid run in that apocalypting setting, all stalker like.

27 used to be the case, but with many patches, things in general just deal a lot more damage, you need 35-39, including rings of favor+3 and life ring +3 if you can

what if i want to name my character in a japanese name
but i cant type japanese and i cant paste because dark souls 3

is there a way?

No fuck Magic

>No Way
>not comboing I'm Sorry into Have Mercy after every kill

27 was never the case

Fuck
Your
Mom

So, basically what DaS2 was first imagined to be?

Magic seriously needs a buff and poise needs a nerf
I never lost to a magic user but high poise fuck me over

what if a staff was introduced that had only like 60% damage as other staffs, but could poisecast?

>Not gesturing and just doing the slow walk away

Ps3

the problem with magic is that there's 4 spells that are way too fucking good, but everything else is fucking garbage

>Bow
>Spam VERY GUHD

Even bigger and even longer. And no life gems of course. You know, something that would make you try your hardest not to get hit, just because it could fuck you up in a long run.

I really wish they didn't, and that all spell damage was re-balanced to account for this.

The way it should work is that all spells should do more damage across the board, and you get the 15% ring early on. Then in the late game when you actually have good spell buff, you get the 25% ring and replace the 15% one, and do as much damage now as you did before with both rings. It would at least give more flexibility for utility ring slots.

I want Souls games to never, ever go back to armor sets with gender differences.

Poise casting isn't fun though. If I wanted to trade, I'd just make a str build.

How would you buff it? It deals very high damage already and is very strong in PvE. You'd have to cut down on the i-frames, speed casting up or just give a bigger variety of spells for it to work better in PvP.