Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio: the first reviews

What do you think about this soon-to-be-sold Alfa Romeo?

Would you consider it over its main rivals? Why?

---

youtube.com/watch?v=JRJcnzywyX0

Here the first English reviews:

>TopGear: topgear.com/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/29-v6-qv-5dr-auto/first-drive

>Autocar: autocar.co.uk/car-review/alfa-romeo/stelvio-quadrifoglio/first-drives/alfa-romeo-stelvio-quadrifoglio-2018-review

>EVO: evo.co.uk/reviews/20441/new-alfa-romeo-stelvio-quadrifoglio-review-alfa-wades-into-the-fast-suv-fight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4oY8087QZM
carconfigurator.alfaromeo.com/mobile/it_IT/stelvio-quadrifoglio/default.aspx#ENGN-MVS=83630QAV0000&DRVE=5&ENGN=40&EQPM=001&FUEL=2&GEAR=2&BODY=414$5CA&SEAT=529#-&WHEL=5YN¤tOptionals=|529#-|007|015|051|09L|102|110|230|302|316|347|384|410|4CS|4CT|4GF|4H0|4N5|4SU|4WE|508|52B|55B|57J|5BH|414$5CA|5DE|5QX|5YN|5ZL|64L|68V|6AJ|823|83Z|8B8|8EW|A12|BNH|CCQ|CEM|GTD|GX4|HAF|JKJ|JRC|LA1|MMR|RB5|RS9|SDD|XAN|XAR|XSQ|&optionalList=|529#-|007|015|051|09L|102|110|230|302|316|347|384|410|4CS|4CT|4GF|4H0|4N5|4SU|4WE|508|52B|55B|57J|5BH|414$5CA|5DE|5QX|5YN|5ZL|64L|68V|6AJ|823|83Z|8B8|8EW|A12|BNH|CCQ|CEM|GTD|GX4|HAF|JKJ|JRC|LA1|MMR|RB5|RS9|SDD|XAN|XAR|XSQ|
youtu.be/1KifzVGxj8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumping with some photos.

Looks cool but I have to say I personally like more the standard model.

ugly as fuck

I find it very well proportioned and I love the rear part...the problem is, according to my taste, the very big headlights and grille.

The black plastic parts in the lower area helps to make the car look less "fat", I don't know how to say it.

Idk why the SUV sports model of any brand needs to have that same area painted. It just looks wonky.

Top gear in the review says the handling is probably better than the rival Porsche Macan.
Considered this is the first Alfa Romeo crossover this is quite an achievement.

the body is ok, the front end is just nasty

I like what I am seeing here

Love the citation

If this car has been presented today, would it mean that the one tested by clarckson in the new season of the grand tour is a pre production model?

New season of GT is 10 hours of James sitting in a shed somewhere in Fannywankshire sipping tea and explaining the differences between various types of screwdrivers.

ask me if i give a fuck about suv's

Most certainly, it is.

t. poorfag

Since we are talking SUVs, I gotta ask you guys:

What would you choose between a Hyundai Tucson 1st gen and a Hyundai Santa Fe 1st gen?

They both cost about the same, with the Tucson being newer than the Santa Fe, but the Santa Fe is bigger.
The Tucson built its reputation on being pretty sturdy, and the Santa Fe was/is downright indestructible.
Both of them in 4x4 trim and both using the same 2.0 crdi engine borrowed from Mercedes.

Same year Toyota rav 4

The Santa Fe, definitely.

My family had both, the Tucson was an absolute shitbox.

I'd still take a 3rd gen 4runner over both tho.

Do you give a fuck about SUVs?

>Brace yourself. The Stelvio QV handles sensationally well for an SUV. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that no fast SUV nails such a close impression of its supersaloon cousin as the Alfa. It’s maintained the Giulia’s sense of agility, of deftness, and super-sharp steering that’s matched by deft, controlled chassis (mis)behaviour. There’s something approaching delicacy about thr way it attacks a road…

This is what I wanted to hear.

The Rav 4 is over 50% more expensive than the equivalent Santa Fe/Tucson/Kia Sorento.
And the diesels are absolute shit, especially the 2.2 D-4D. Thank you for the reply!

Thank you for the reply!

Im europoor so no 4runner for me.

There is also the Grand Vitara but I dunno anything about that...I dunno that the first gen Santa Fe is regarded as a bulletproof soft 4x4, and the 2nd gen is a turd.
I am considering the Tucson aswell since a neighbour of mine has one. She is a fishing addict and bought the Tucson solely to go to various fishing lakes, places were regular cars usually cant reach. She is quite happy with it (owns it for about 7 years now), but then again she is not much of a car person. But that Tucson sure as hell is worked.

crossovers suck but man the stelvio (and the new giulia) look hot as shit. sharp, sharp cars.

The Stelvio and the Lexus NX are the only CUV ever I'd consider buying.

The first one because it's fun to drive while being more practical than the Giulia and the second one because of the unrivalled style and for the hybrid version.

Can't wait

youtube.com/watch?v=w4oY8087QZM

wew

It's a crossover, goes without saying

>using the same 2.0 crdi engine borrowed from Mercedes.
Where on earth did you get that from? Hyundai have never used Mercedes engines, historically they were using Mitsubishis for petrol, then engines developed in conjunction with Mitsubishi and now they develop their own engines and borrow Mitsubishi DI tech. That diesel is a VM engine and VM makes engines for fuckloads of companies including Jeep, Land Rover, GM, Alfa just in the automotive sector.
>It's also a far better engine than Merc's competing offering

How is this a bad thing at all? Sounds wonderful.

I dont get it Nissan has been doing this shit for years no one gave a fuck, now a few prestige makes do it and everyone and their uncle wants a sporty crossover

isnt the lexus just a less practical rav4?

wow that is a very ugly car. What is up with the lip in the wheel wells? Looks awful

exposed carbon fiber looks fucking terrible. this fad needs to die. Just paint over that shit or something jesus

what is the point of the stelvio quadrifoglio? why does the stelvio need to have a performance model? all that does is devalue the quadrifoglio badge on the Giulia

I've been asking the same question about crossovers for the last 15 odd years.

I thought this thing was already out, and weirdly enough I saw it go down my road in fuckall nowhere canuckada

Cold weather testing?

The normal Stelvio is, the Quadrifoglio is now on sale and can be ordered.

You can build one on the Alfa Romeo configurator.

carconfigurator.alfaromeo.com/mobile/it_IT/stelvio-quadrifoglio/default.aspx#ENGN-MVS=83630QAV0000&DRVE=5&ENGN=40&EQPM=001&FUEL=2&GEAR=2&BODY=414$5CA&SEAT=529#-&WHEL=5YN¤tOptionals=|529#-|007|015|051|09L|102|110|230|302|316|347|384|410|4CS|4CT|4GF|4H0|4N5|4SU|4WE|508|52B|55B|57J|5BH|414$5CA|5DE|5QX|5YN|5ZL|64L|68V|6AJ|823|83Z|8B8|8EW|A12|BNH|CCQ|CEM|GTD|GX4|HAF|JKJ|JRC|LA1|MMR|RB5|RS9|SDD|XAN|XAR|XSQ|&optionalList=|529#-|007|015|051|09L|102|110|230|302|316|347|384|410|4CS|4CT|4GF|4H0|4N5|4SU|4WE|508|52B|55B|57J|5BH|414$5CA|5DE|5QX|5YN|5ZL|64L|68V|6AJ|823|83Z|8B8|8EW|A12|BNH|CCQ|CEM|GTD|GX4|HAF|JKJ|JRC|LA1|MMR|RB5|RS9|SDD|XAN|XAR|XSQ|

Somewhat, but it's light year better refined and insulated than the Toyota.

In Europe we also have the hybrid Rav 4 but the Lexus is indeed the premium choice, feels like a different car.

Calling it a SUV or a CUV is kind of ridiculous, its a four wheel drive hatchback, basically a more expensive better looking Golf R.

Except the Stelvio would destroy the Golf R on track.

youtu.be/1KifzVGxj8c

Not denying that, its just this trend of 'build a hot hatch, call it a SUV' disappoints me.

It's 200mm taller than any hatch in it's size class, it's an SUV.

That seems like kind of a silly arbitrary line though doesn't it?
It is to the Giulia what the Golf is to the Jetta.

Personally though I prefer that they're producing hatchbacks to the 'crossovers' that are just station wagons / estates.

It's not even close, the Stelvio has higher ground clearance and sits 200mm higher overall, the Golf doesn't, it's the same height as the Jetta, it's also the same weight as the Jetta unlike the Stelvio.

Mama Mia I always read it as quattro formaggi

this is a respectable suv, its not a crossover

>t. cuckovers

clean as fuck interior

Saw one today. Rad as fuck

It looks like a Kia/Hyundai or Mazda crossover.