BRRRRRRRWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Why the fuck are these fuckers so fucken loud.

I can hear it from a block away with headphones on.

Other urls found in this thread:

govdeals.com/?fa=Main.Item&itemid=6463&acctid=357
youtube.com/watch?v=RzuqI8qL9pE
youtube.com/watch?v=aEM8-aJ7x7M
govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=10&acctid=10618
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worn muffler bearings

Imagine exclusively stomping on the gas and then stomping on the brakes in your car every day for hours on end. I bet it would start to sound like shit soon enough.

You'll miss em when they're gone, mark my words.

A block away? Are your windows paper thin or something? Also your headphones must suck. I think it's nice that I can hear the mail truck when it pulls up outside of my house.

>implying they’ll ever be truly gone
Gov’t is so cheap they’ll probably be using them 50 years from now.

Are you implying that mail vans aren't allowed to look cute? That outdated loud boxiness is more important than maintaining the peace and quiet?

>chad delivery vs virgin courier

there are running out of parts :(

those things are fucking tanks. I'm surprised they last more than 30k miles with the way people drive them

>~100hp GM Iron block
>3 speed close ratio transmission
>S-10 blazer axles
>small turning radius
>1,000lb cargo capacity
Built by Northrop Grumman. They are designed to last 30 years, hence the name LLV or Long Life Vehicle. They are also cheap to build and easy to work on.
They handle like shit in snow though, and can't hardly heat the passenger compartment.

Nigga that sound is great it means parts are about to get here.

The government will start selling them when they get a deal on a new fleet, then we can take them and make them shittier

>mfw imagining buying an LLV and making it a sleeper

>still uses a Iron Duke 4banger and 80s GM running gear.
These things are god machines.

these things are truly annoying rolling piles of shit even if you are exaggerating the loudness a bit

luckily they will be gone soon

are those both by AM general?
they made 2 versions?

N...NANI!?!

They arent THAT bad user. Then again i live in the midwest and half the town has diesel trucks that they floor one block at a time so i might just be used to constant BWAAAAAAA.

top one is AM General bottom is Mahindra

2 of 5 trucks competing

bottom one is mahindra. an indian company that previously failed to enter the US market because of emissions.

You can't register them because they were made without VINs.

The LLVs are so immortal because they are body on frame, RWD. Engine goes? Pull out the old one and drop a new one in, no need to fuck with FWD/AWD transmissions to do that. Transmission shits itself? Drop the old tranny and put a new one in. Differential goes? Again, drop and replace. Body is shot? Unbolt body and put new one on. Frame is damaged? Swap the frame out.

They were designed to be fixed as quickly as possible, unibody and F/AWD would just result in tons of them in the junkyard due to their less modular nature.

>YWN buy an LLV and make a roadster with it

Why aren’t llvs sold as normal vehicles to consumers?? I wouldn’t mind an immortal car

govdeals.com/?fa=Main.Item&itemid=6463&acctid=357
jokes on you, some of them do have VINs.

They did, they're basically S10s with a different body.

and altered wheelbase.

Consumer vehicles are designed to be safe, efficient and fast and cheap to manufacture. they are not designed to last or be worked on.

youtube.com/watch?v=RzuqI8qL9pE

youtube.com/watch?v=aEM8-aJ7x7M

This music is my jam

>These fuckers are nearly 110db
>my car gets ticketed for 65-70db

>my car gets ticketed for 65-70db
wut

How many miles does one of these things get before they die?

they dont die

all of them

these things are made of that GM shit that gets down to 1/100 HP but lives on for a decade after and only dies after being hit with a harsh combo of negative status effects in the worst of conditions

>3k Civic fag
Kys

Fucking where? I live in commiefornia and only the retards with cat deletes get pulled over here.

My country's mail service got some new Piaggio Apes as mail delivery trucks :3

A lot, they haven't been made in 20 somethin years

govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=10&acctid=10618

Why not make every drive the envy of every attention whore?

holy shit this song is amazing

i would have gone with a modified Nissan NV200 EV.

>already right hand drive because Japan.
>mail trucks rarely go over 25 miles a day. so you can go a couple days with out having to charge.
>quiet and reliable EV powertrain.
>cheaper to operate
>huge fleet purchase, you can probably get a deal on replacement battery packs every 10 years for the next 30-40 years. better battery packs will mean even longer between replacements.

i would have gone with a modified Nissan NV200 EV.

>already right hand drive because Japan.
>mail trucks rarely go over 25 miles a day. so you can go a couple days with out having to charge.
>quiet and reliable EV powertrain.
>cheaper to operate
>huge fleet purchase, you can probably get a deal on replacement battery packs every 10 years for the next 30-40 years. better battery packs will mean even longer between replacements.
>left hand drive petrol versions already exist in the US as Nissan and Chevy.

You get a SF 97 form when you buy government vehicles. You take the SF 97, get the car inspected (speciality inspection) and then it gets assigned a VIN.

>using a foreign car for a federal agency and not a proprietary custom built car

also, they specifically want more vertical space because the post office delivers more packages these days, and it needs to be a car that will last another 30 years with a maintenance kit consisting of bubblegum and duct tape.

not to mention it needs a sliding door.

>>cheaper to operate
How? Cheaper to operate than what?

the current fleet of LLV's are only within the past decade beginning to stop being cost effective, because they have long outlived their intended lifespan of 24 years, in which time the company that made it doesn't even exist anymore.

A new one made by say, AM general, would be fairly cheap to maintain. for however long it's intended lifespan is.

Government vehicles are built to last and be simple to repair, unlike commercial passenger vehicles.

I like it so i can hear when my packages come in :~)

>Gov’t is so cheap
user, I...

alright