/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #826 - Crippling depression edition.

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

Tons of new info on Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric Development Found
tssznews.com/2017/07/11/tons-of-new-info-on-sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-development-found/

Sonic Forces Main Theme Lyrics Revealed - "Fist Bump"
youtu.be/XI97jY3FZ9Q

Sonic Mania Vinyl Album Announced
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/878297582383976449

Archie Update: Ian Flynn – “I’ve Heard We Should Get [Sonic] News by End Of July”
tssznews.com/2017/07/01/archie-update-ian-flynn-ive-heard-we-should-get-sonic-news-by-end-of-july/

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VW6TtXKVLYg
theonion.com/article/new-mit-study-suggests-sonic-hedgehog-might-be-liv-56424
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Sonic fast?

STOP MAKING EARLY THREADS THE OLD THREAD STILL HASN'T HIT THE BUMP LIMIT

Let me play the worlds smallest violin for you.

>tfw Vanilla hasn't been in a game since Sonic Rush

I want to nail Arin Hanson to the fucking cross.

>tfw Tee Lopes will never compose an intro theme for you

WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO FILL THE CATALOG WITH OUR GENERALS

KNOCK IT OFF YOU BIG FUCKING LOSER

That lower body looks horrible, to say nothing of the tits. It's like the bottom of her suit is dislocating and constricting where her hip joint is. Somethings off with the head too, it looks flat with barest understanding of where the face should be at that angle. Did you do any sort of construction before drawing this? I'm guessing not.

We don't move fast enough to fill the board. The rule is only useful for really fast generals that can hit the bump limit in an hour or two.

Watch out, /sthg/. The Hard-Boiled Heavies are here!

youtube.com/watch?v=VW6TtXKVLYg

But for every Sonic thread that gets posted a general about a shitty furfag game like Undertale of Fnaf gets deleted.
It's a good thing.

Who?

I did, and I see where you're talking about when you say that it's constricted. That'll be fixed.

taking a few classic sonic requests, if that's okay! trying to get used to drawing him

Something to do with Classic's reaction to seeing a Classic Amy pantyshot

Or modern Amy, it doesn't matter

Draw him crying.
I love seeing Sonic cry.

Draw him jumping on a badnik of your choice.

>Sonic fan calling out other games for being shitty furfag games.
Wew.

oh no

Orally fisting himself.

I can't wait to be let down.

Saturday then.

I will never stop listening to this. Someone help me, I'm ruining the song for myself.

Draw him doing something gay.
It is 2017 after all.

Either another track, a cutscene preview or a release date.

Maybe we'll actually get something good this time. I'm being too optimistic for my own good.

theonion.com/article/new-mit-study-suggests-sonic-hedgehog-might-be-liv-56424

Is this really what passes for an Onion article nowadays?

Kek.

I doubt it'll be a release date, we didn't get Mania's until May 30, so two and a half months before release. I'm not expecting it until October at the earliest, and that's assuming a release date around Christmas.

There, all fixed up. Even took the liberty of adding construction lines, as well.

A DEAL'S A DEAL

I won't tolerate subhumans who defile Sonic's great characters by sexualizing them.

fat-chasers need to be rounded up. it's getting out of control.

How can one game's music be this consistently great? This shouldn't be allowed, it's too pure for my ears.

kys

here you go!

sorry if these take a while, i want to colour and line them too so they look better for y'all

That's alright user. No matter how long it takes, it's still pretty good. Patience is a virtue

This is my new favorite reaction pic.

Don't forget to shoot yourself too, old junk.

Pretty good for something that took you a half hour.

What do you about Fist Bump? The song itself is alright, but I can't help thinking the title should be something else.

Him taking a bite out of a Ring Donut.

Instrumental is better than the finished version. The lyrics and singing are both garbage. I don't expect amazing lyrics from Sonic songs but that's normally because they're handled by the composers, so Engrish word salad is to be expected. The lyrics are by the same guy who did the singing so he has no excuse.

They probably could've found a better singer from some local indy rock or metal band. I can't imagine anyone in the year 2017 going "that game's song is done by the guy from Hoobastank, that makes me interested in the game!"

Replace buddy with this

It really feels like they just handed it to the vocalist out of the blue and said "You've got one day to add lyrics to this." It feels so... well, forced.

Here's your (You) before you get trashed.

>I can't imagine anyone in the year 2017 going "that game's song is done by the guy from Hoobastank, that makes me interested in the game!"

But that is Buddy

here you go, satan

i'm quicker depending on what i draw. e.g i've never drawn classic amy so that took waay longer than i wanted it to. hopefully i can shit these out quicker

why is he crying, /sthg/?

you can make a female blue hedgehog with the editor

Nice user.

He's crying because of seeing Amy's panties

He's thinking about that time he went slow.

Sad rat is best rat.

I prefer the instrumental as well, the singer sounds too light for what is meant to be a fiery song of resistance.

these are really nice.
how do you get that good?

Don't worry about being quicker, worry about getting better. Don't let yourself stagnate, even if it takes longer.

Sonic games need more camp. Not intentional camp. Real camp.

Not that user, but since Sonic is pretty simple, practice to look, then practice to imitate. See shapes in 3D, as balls and bricks and always draw them (front and sides) as such, then transform them and add the details. Use books to learn about center of gravity, proportions, etc. If you try to draw something original, always use a reference, no good artist makes up poses and overall scenes in his head, if one does on video, it means he did that precise drawing so many times he can repeat it without too much thinking.

Not in this self aware era of snark and sarcasm

Forces could've been this, but it looks like it's just gonna be more of the same from Generations

It'll be new music. Some people are gonna like it, others are gonna not like it but move on, & others are gonna screech autistically about it and the existence of Forces.

Fist Bump is a good Sonic song. It's a song that wouldn't be out of place in Heroes & despite the constant theme of resistance, the way it's sung adds some camp to the theme, which I don't mind. I remember a lot of people losing their shit when it came out & I never got why.

So how soon can we expect titty slider mods for Forces when it comes out for the PC?

>I remember a lot of people losing their shit when it came out & I never got why.
Fist Bump kinda sucked.

Not soon enough.

Fuck these people, they are a vocal minority and why the 2010s were so shit and devoid of everything but memes. What's up with that shitty generation who can only get off at "hurr look at how dumb this stuff from 10/20/30/40 years ago was". Then they rip off Sailor Moon/Pepe and make it a story about their unique gender/dick. Ignore, process art, have fun and kick them out if they try to leech.

Whose idea was it to make the "ultimate lifeform" so cute?

Eggman was probably pretty lonely on the ARK.
That might have had something to do with it.

Even if people didn't exactly care for the song, people were getting into arguments over every type of discussion you could have regarding Sonic music over it. And honestly, I don't think Fist Bump is that bad.

Cannocially speaking, should Silver's timeline be good? or is it still fucked?

Asking for a friend.

I liked Park Avenue.

Silver should never live in a good future. Ever

Sonic Colors DS is uncanon because of this fact

I don't remember that part of the comic...

That happens every time we get something new. The upcoming Forces news is going to generate plenty of shitposting for a while regardless of quality.

>I remember a lot of people losing their shit when it came out & I never got why.

One of the few things I've learned from all my years in this fanbase is that every new Sonic game will have initial extreme kneejerk reactions to everything new they learn about it. Every "good" thing is magnified times a thousand and every "bad" thing is treated the same way. Then later after the game gets released, the "bad" doesn't seem so bad and the "good" doesn't seem so good. I'm sure this could apply to many fanbases, but I've noticed it's especially prevalent with Sonic fans in general. Basically just take any extreme reaction with a grain of salt and wait for the game to release.

Good. In the DS version of Sonic Colors, Silver states that his future is a good one. And we know that Sega acknowledges Colors DS since Mother Wisp is in Runners.

not exactly jumping, sorry, but here!

basically what this user says. i've been drawing for like 15 years now, especially sonic. nowadays i can just draw sonic characters off my head, but not classic sonic. tyson hesse and cd sonic are huge inspos for me; i've literally stared at their models and studied how they draw every single feature until i can replicate something similar. i think it's coming on okay.

So Penders posted a new preview to his "masterpiece"

Please fix his eyelid colors to being the same as his skin tone, they are not canonically blue, thanks.

Is this Star Wars with furries?

It kinda sucks that this is gonna be the case, because any discussion of Forces is gonna be cancerous until the actual game is out. The game is doing things I'm not a fan of, but it's ridiculous how any sort of news no matter how big or small, good or bad is gonna lead to endless shitposting.

where can I read The Lara-Su Chronicles?

More like his shitty Archie Sonic OCs mixe with Star Trek and whatever random thing he watched that day
Nowhere, because it'll never come out. Because Penders is working on this shitshow at a glacial pace. He's more focused on the app and merchandise than the fucking thing itself. He's planning on launching this as a franchise. You know what ELSE tried to do that? Cheetahmen and Mighty Number 9

I think what annoys me the most is how Hershey(?) is sitting in that chair backwards.

Yeah, it's always been irritating to deal with. Just stick it out lad and choose your battles wisely. It'll be out and the dust will have settled before you know it.

>He thinks SEGA gives a shit about silver's future

Nowhere. The first issue hasn't even been released, and the prequel story only has 2 page out, with not even having the dialogue put in.

>because any discussion of Forces is gonna be cancerous until the actual game is out

You say that like it isn't going to be just as cancerous when the game actually comes out. Hell, the cancer levels will probably peak right after release.

Nice.

>I think what annoys me the most is how Hershey(?) is sitting in that chair backwards.
That's Geoffrey. You're implying Hershey will ever show up.

Jesus Christ it's SO bad.
11 yr olds on DA draw better shit than this.

IN HELL.

This is a face that has lost all his hope

Why not? Silver hasn't had any problems since Rivals 2. Forces might fuck up his future, but as of now, it's good.

He calls himself a professional with decades of comic experience. Most of that being one off gigs as an inker/colorist/penciller (And he calls the former two disposable jobs). Archie Sonic was the only place where he actually did anything important, which makes it ironic that he shits on Ian for having 0 career outside of Sonic when not only has he ended up writing more comics than Penders, but even more issues of Sonic