What's your favorite tool when working on cars?

mine is soapy water

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kdW_VHarGI0
youtube.com/watch?v=4jqrU0-IAiU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That would depend entirely on the job and car

If I'm working on my Toyota I'm very fond of my impact driver, as it makes getting the wheels, calipers, suspension bolts and so on off much more easy, while on something like my dads Mitsubishi or my mothers Subaru (2013 both) I'll be very fond of my clip removal tool as I'll have to remove 10+ clips for every single fucking that needs doing

10 mm

MICROFIBER CLOTH

FUCK I LOVE THAT SHIT. IT'S MAGICAL.

Channel locks

A torch, so I can heat up/cut rusty bolts.

>rust belt
>rubber mallet always saves the day

does your name happen to be Chris?

Ratchets, because the of the clickety racthety sounds they make, and the spinny racthety feels
and torque wrenches because the of the clickety racthety sounds they make, and those torquing feels
and wrenches because of the tactile feels they give

Only use it a few times a year (polish/sealant) but I love it.

vacuum cleaner

my daddy taught me

Holy fuck I need more of those kinds of pictures

offset box-end wrenches
They are all made slightly different and are useful in different situations. A deep offset can be a lifesaver for, say, an awkward intake manifold.

>soapy water
That proves you have your life in order.(have a wallpaper,sport)

For me its the spark plug socket.
I know I'm just maintaining the comfort.

I like you,sir.

My hard cock when im leaning against my WRX

Paper post!

SOOPY WOODER

Small penis

is that you, chrisfix?

gb2 bed chris

smaller cock do get harder after all

Torque wrench
The click makes me cum

Electrical tape.
>that glorious feel of spinning it around a piece of wire a couple times, overlapping each layer just enough

Breaker bar. Went for years without one, struggling every time I worked on my car. Finally went to harbor freight and bought one and now I feel unstoppable.

air impact driver, changes your life when working on 30 year old suspension parts

Torque wrenches 1/2" and 3/8" drive

It's my "it is not my fault" wrench. Say the words as check your 5 wheel nuts or "It's" if you have 4.
>Wheel came off on the shitbox I quoted $1500 worth of suspension work?
It's not my fault.
>Brake caliper magically came loose, and rubbed against the rim causing it to disintegrate?
Fuck you I torqued to spec.

I even bought a 3/8" drive $15 sale price one for drain plugs. Most people go by 2 finger tight but the extra 3 seconds I take to look up the info and torque them has saved me from getting blamed for stripping oil pan threads.

torque wrench

Have to agree with this also

The click of a torque wrench is extremely satisfying.

Fucking love the feeling of the spark plug socket latching onto the plug, it feels sexual in the most sublime way.

fuck torque wrenches
I had a Bonney and a Proto both break on me under normal usage

My faves probably my 1/4 flex head snap on ratchet. At it's core, its such a nice tool. Love my lithium 3/8 snap on impact coupled with my Sunex swivel/normal socket impact set. Love my Fluke 88 Automotive meter, know Ill still be using it in 20 years unless blacks jack it. Fave tool though? Fuck man its probably just that god damn snapon prying tool that the second guy down posted (the wurth tool). Too be honest, I dont have a fave. My favorite part of my job is using my nice expensive tools to do the job right. Makes it worth it when you clear 2 book hours in 30 minutes cuz youve been there and have good tools to execute the repair.

i had a proto 3/8 not click under a light setting and I pulled the threads out of my mercedes OM603 vacuum pump mount bolts. proto is supposed to be ultra high end oil rig shit but I dont see it. Their ratches are bulky and a nice condition not beat up torque wrench fucked me bad because I trusted it as a professional instrument that doesn't look like it's seen a lot of service.

Large hammer
I have a 8lb sledge with the handle sawn short. It's great.

jesus that's horrifying
That's one thing that's never happened to me with torque wrenches of any make
I'd almost rather break the torque wrench

youtube.com/watch?v=kdW_VHarGI0

I agree with ratchets.

Every used an ancient one? I'm talking like 1960s/70s? The solid THUNK-THUNK-THUNK it makes is orgasmic in your hands.

this one is juicier

youtube.com/watch?v=4jqrU0-IAiU