> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894327882
twitter.com/reduzio/status/886666719468687361
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How did you arrive at that figure?

Godot 3.0 is feature-complete, only bugs are fix to do now.

FIRST FOR BOATS
BOATS ARE THE NEW CHICKEN

I kept track all these years
I picked a random number

So do you think these devs will pull it?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894327882

I'm really rooting for them.

Artist here

Source for that claim?

What is a language that's like python that I can make these kinds of games with.

reduzio twitter

>tfw a new game similar to yours has been realized so you can plagiarize it
nice

roll for your fighter.

if people like this format i can expand it.

>tell gf I started making a game
>asks me 4 hours later if I'm done yet

I almost blew up. Do normies really think games take a few hours to make.

Eh, just looks like your typical mobile game that has online support.

>space invaders + the most annoying hitsound in the world
Nope.

put them in the hunger games sim

add all games or go home

>he hasn't made a complete game in 2 hours
never gonna make it

Where's MARMO you scum?

Lawyer here looking for game collaboration. I'll protect your IP from bogus claims

This. I wanna see people disappointed when they roll my character.

Gametester here.
Looking for any games to test, but they need to be fun.

nostalgia aside, is there any reason to like space invaders?

Will you be my greatest ally?

Lets try this once.
>gf
:)

the gameplay looks completely worthless. is this a mobile game?

Just a guy here.
Not particularly good at anything but I'd like to work with someone

Dog here looking for game collaboration. I'll visit you and protect your IP from curses.

FUCK

Also updated lighting and made the ceiling higher

Been reworking the blood and gore effects a bit because the next level is very gore heavy.

>but they need to be fun
Sorry, I only make unfun games

Depends on what you want.

>"I just want to make vidya games"
Use GameMaker. It's easy to wrap your head around, and if all you know is Python, you don't need the complexity of trying to strap an engine together. Take the easy way for now, and you'll get better as you go.
Unity is fine too, but is a bit more complex than GM.

>"I want to learn how to program, and figured making games would be a good way to do it"
Learn C# or C++. C# is my personal favorite, and C++ has a tendency to look like an arcane mess to beginners.

If you learn C#, use Unity or Monogame. If you go C++, use your best judgement after you've learned the language, because you'll know enough by then to make your own calls.

gross

godot will support python in 3.0, and its scripting language is already pretty similar to python

t. gogem

I don't see it.

isn't python like the highest level language one can learn? not going to find too many similar ones.

twitter.com/reduzio/status/886666719468687361

Like the other user said Godot is a good choice. I tried Pygame before and wasn't a fan. GDScript is similar to Python and Godot is a solid engine, so it was easy to learn.

>went from pranking housewives to executing Jesus
Going for the Hatred strat?

i'm just trying it out for fun. i would have to make a different role system. i did want to do all protags from all games but i would have to go back through all the threads.

Well.. it's not like you are forced to do it. It's one of the options. If anyone gives me shit I can say that there are other ways to do it, but they decided not to. So it tells more about them than me.

Social medias sites noob here, what is usually the go-to for indie dev (beside having your own site)?

Twitter/tumblr?
What about Pinterest/Instagram? (what the fuck is the difference)
Snapchat? (no idea how to use that, I think my phone cant even)
Youtube mandatory? Facebook seems a bit useless compared to others.

fuck man

Noice. Now to wait another 3 months for the first alpha.

I really want to make my own language.

It seems weird for your character to just kill people like that though. Would have been cooler if there was some kind of james-bond laserbeam between his legs that you could knock upward to cut him in half.

>What about Pinterest/Instagram?
No.
>Snapchat?
No.
>Youtube mandatory? Facebook
Yes.
>Twitter/tumblr?
Yes.

Twitter gets you easily the most initial views by posting #indiedev #screenshotsaturday #[your engine] #gamedev.
To retain those views you will need the other sites.

Twitter and youtube.

I wouldn't bother with tumblr because if people cared about your game enough to read a blog then you should make a Patreon

fuck man links with google now

Well... that's actually reserved for another level.

And the person in this level doesn't wait for you like this. It needs to be placed there. And you're basically helping cultist to complete their ritual by sacrificing victims (you are their summoned ghost). But you can also fuck the cultist over and kill them instead, but game doesn't tell you that.

Why use pixelart if you are just gonna use an unlimited palette anyway?

none of those are suitable for marketing

I wanna learn how to draw better, anyone know of any good sites?

More like, why use pixel art if you're going to stick soft shadows in there anyway?

Bad idea. A couple devs from around here tried it, and they all died.

bastion is a better top-down halo than halo wars

Easier to animate.

Why?

/i/ everyday

You either use Tumblr or Twitter. Having both seems redundant. Twitter is more 'professional' in my opinion, since a lot of pro devs use it. You won't find that many big names on tumblr though.

Youtube for trailers/big previews.

>/i/
>not /ic/

>I clean
haha nice american dad reference!

tumblr first, then twitter. Pinterest is for women who stitch and cook, shilling gaming there would be a waste of your time. Instagram is a maybe, it's essentially twitter but users want to look at images and be friends with popular image sharers. It works for some podcasters, but no notable gamedevs on it. Instagram is the Reddit version of twitter. Snapchat is for fucking convention sluts maybe if you went to indie shows like PAX, has nothing to do with game dev. Youtube not mandatory, but if you can make gameplay vids or commentary/developer vlogs, they would never hurt. Kikebook is pretty useless other than telling your immediate friends and family, unless you have a lot of clout in a big group.

You're welcome,
t. normie skinwalker

>tumblr first, then twitter.
Why did you not give an explanation for why you said this?

/ic/ barely knows anything and not fun
/i/ knows nothing and is fun

You use twitter to direct people towards your progress on tumblr.

>why
because C is kinda clunky with its headers and 70's standard library and such.

/b/ drawthread masterrace

i like loomis :>

You better post progress on your language development sunbae. I'll be waiting

There are plenty of other languages, you know.

For what purpose? Can't they just see it on your twitter?

>Fight Knight
>AGDG game
>Hasn't ever posted any progress here about the game

Too circlejerky

Try doing something like Factorio Friday Facts with 140 characters.

tumblr is where the kids who will play your game are. If they like your art, politics, .gifs or .webms of gameplay they will follow you on any other format and do the most sharing for you on tumblr first, then their other social medias. Twitter works somewhat in hashtags for indie gaming, but you have a much harder time building an audience from scratch on twitter than on tumblr. You should do both, but tumblr is where you want to focus your effort, because as a nobody it's where you get the most attention of other nobodies. Twitter works better & faster for professionals and semi-professionals that already have an audience and can build from there.

Basically, you're scum(no offense) and scum is more friendly and accepting of new scum's material on tumblr's site and format than they would be on twitter.

twitter is only for visual progress and memes, if you like making actual blog posts then it's useless

You can always just wait for jai

>tfw you will never have a language with double-binary truch vectors to represent both hollow and full uncertainty, granting you acess to both Kleine and Priest’s semantics without making a duplicate if-operator

but there are none as beautiful as C. every "C" replacement tries so hard to be "safe" they become even clunkier than the original. and just suffer from overall feature creep, or just compile to C itself anyway.

my baes are hlsl, C and fortran. but they are all 40 years old christmas cakes

Doodle or Die (Dead)

No single post should contain this much bait.

>actual blog posts
You do realize hardly anyone likes reading long posts about your game development right? That's not how you gain a following with the normies

>truch
truth*

>bottom half flops down since its not connected to anything
appreciate the attention to detail
t. autist

They love reading what they don't undestand if it can be shown graphically.

>gain a following with the normies
that was your first mistake. You want the autists and furry dollars first

Fuck, it even changed kleene to kleine
It's all fucked up man

>dollars

>nigger blow spends more time developing his development environment than actually writing code in every demonstration

it's shit.

dumb phoneposter

People love good and informative blogs though, blogs like Frictional Games, Rust, Factorio, Dwarf Fortress are all pretty popular.
It really depends on your target audience, if it's the autism crowd then a blog is nice, if it's casual shit then you can just post pretty gifs on twitter.

To be honest Fight Knight wasn't posted much here. Sorcerobe was posted way more often compared to Fight Knight.

i did it by most posted total.

Sounds like your gf was making a joke and you didn't get it, which, shamefully, makes you dumber than a woman.

>Petscop is a fake PSX game probably made in Unity, used for a YouTube series
>all graphics are low-res sprites or blocky polygonal structures with low-res textures or flat colors
>no features besides walking in cardinal directions, touching pick-ups to collect them, and pressing a button to interact with certain environmental fixtures
>nobody's sure if the menus are even real or if they were just edited into the videos in post
>environments are consistently reused across videos
>game isn't publicly available so the dev has full control over what's visible to the audience
>"gamedev" on Reddit thinks it's impossible to make enough heavily-scripted content for a 5-10 minute recording every week
Why are redditers like this?

>his formal language can't even evaluate self referential statements continuously

What's the best way to write an RPG in c with the lack of objects? Structs?

>writing a game in C
what the fuck are you doing senpai

>fake """"PSX""""" game
>perspective texture mapping
>stable vertices

come on dude

I thought Unity game dev was harder before I got started.

Where I an after 1.5 days is where ai thought I would be after 4 months of solid work.