Is this a meme truck? Honestly. I'm looking for a truck DD, and it's between this, a Colorado...

Is this a meme truck? Honestly. I'm looking for a truck DD, and it's between this, a Colorado, or a few year old Silverado 1500.

>gets the gas mileage of a full-size while not being as capable as a full-size

what did japs mean by this?
>its between this, a colorado, or a used silverado 1500

I'd take a 2015+ colorado or silverado over a tacoma.

enjoy your chebby shake

Theyre not the truck youll want for hauling. But DDing or hauling a pair of dirt bikes, and offroading; its perfect.

>Toyota still won't offer it with a small turbo diesel

Why is it that only Chevy actually offers the only small(er) truck worth buying in the US?

It literally only weight 500 lbs less than my f150 with the 4x4 off-road package. It's wheel base is barely a foot shorter. It can haul 1/2 what I can. It has similar gas mileage.

Why would you want a taco over a twin turbo f150?

The resale and reliability are nice but I don't think it's worth it when base Taco Money gets you a 300hp nicley loaded Colorado with a 8 speed or a base-ish model Silverado V8.

Diesels aren't worth it anymore. You'd have to be doing primarily highway towing for it to break even and even then you'd be better off in a full size truck.

This is the nicest options, but doesn't come cheap geared-up for actual off-road.

It's a super reliable truck. I would recommend this over the piece of shit domestics, ESPECIALLY a Chevy Recallarado.

It still uses the same engine from years ago, so if gas is a big concern, you might wanna bite the bullet and go for the Recallarado. of course if you are buying a truck gas should be the bottom of your worries.

see
And to add, enjoy your flimsy ass transmission and transfer case too, LOL.

>Why would you want a taco over a twin turbo f150?

Gee, idk. Probably because OP doesn't want a piece of shit truck with a meme engine that needs to replaced after 100k miles perhaps?

Silverado with the 5.3 or 6.0 is goat the Colorado is for cucks and the toyota for boomers

>base Taco Money gets you a 300hp nicley loaded Colorado with a 8 speed or a base-ish model Silverado V8

I don't think you know what *actual* base model Tacos are going for.

The 4x2 4 cylinder with utility package, AKA the mostly stripped out fleet truck, sells for about 22-23K new, fresh off the dealer lot.

Ecoboost is 2/3rds of all f150 engines sold and a number of them have made it to 300k. The problems from 2011 and 2012 have been eliminated. Go back to shilling for the Titan or whatever gook shit you lust for niccals

>4x4
>have to spend another 8 grand to get a rear locker
Truly off road worthy.

They're nips not gooks, at least get your orientals right cletus.

But yeah Ecoboost has fixed a lot of the early issues, but it's still not as tested a platform as some other engines out there that have been fleet motors for decades upon decades and trillions of combined hours/miles.

They've gotten better but are still a question mark overall in the reliability column. Great power and mileage though.

>Ecoboost is 2/3rds of all f150 engines sold and a number of them have made it to 300k.

citation on this. besides it's still not going to change the fact that this engine is still a piece of shit.

>Base models

>4x4 with lockers

>The 4x2 4 cylinder with utility package

Yeah who the fuck wants that? RWD trucks are useless. A base model with a V6, 4x4 and a locker is around $30k+.

Most of our engine jobs are Fords.

My bad I thought you said 4x4 base model. Which would be pointless without lockers. And let's be honest, a 4x2 v4 is basically worthless in a truck that markets itself as off road capable.
It's 40% not 60% but you get the point. I regularly see ecoboosts with 150k get sold for 15k+ and the at cost price of the extended warranty isn't expensive comparatively, meaning Ford trusts the engine.
You dumb faggot it's literally a turbocharged engine, the oldest engineering trick in the book. It's because of faggot retards like you I call it a twin turbo F150 instead of an "ecoboost."
I used to work a job with fleet vehicles and all the ones with problems were Dodges. The doors were literally falling off by 800 miles and timing slap started around 2k. Btw, my anecdote is as worthless as yours. No one ever provides statistics in these pissing contest threads. Myself included.

Twin turbo AND twice the cost body work because AL-Loo-Min-EE-um body? We’ll sign me up!

You have an argument about the 4x2 but the engine makes little to no difference. Getting over a gnarly obstacle is not a stoplight race, and with the transfer case in 4Lo you are looking for traction not horsepower.

To be honest at least in the Tacoma as it stands currently I would rather have the 4 banger than the V6, because the V6 is a holdover from minivans and shit and has been documented to smoke like a bastard when you get on serious inclines. The 4 banger can take a lot more off-road abuse ... sure it's down like 60 lb-ft peak but holy shit, I'd rather be slow than in a cloud of my own oil.

A 4x4 Taco with 4 cylinder is about 24-25K, but Toyota doesn't make any 4's with lockers. So you'd have to add one aftermarket.

Buy a Ram

Well if I'm going with a v4 it's cause it's an off road machine and so 4x2 workhorse is out. And a work machine in 4x2 should at least be a v6, and if you really need the power and don't care about 4x4 I'd rather have a diesel.

I just wish you could customize the drivetrain separately from the power train and all the other accessories. I want a base 4x4 with the ability to add front(can't get those at all) and rear lockers, skid plates, Bilstein shocks without getting a bunch of extra electric fancy garbage. I'd buy that right at 27-29k with a solid 100k warranty

I would get a taco if I had the money for a second truck that could actually tow shit.