Getting one of these very soon, and down the line I'd like to give it some performance upgrades...

Getting one of these very soon, and down the line I'd like to give it some performance upgrades. What can I do to make this thing fast?

Other urls found in this thread:

adtr.net/product-category/ford-crown-victoria/
modernracer.com/features/fordcrownvictoriacop.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Start with full exhaust, good quality air intake,cam, and a good tune. That should wale it up.

Do you happen to be a narc?

Get popo lights. Cause that's the only way you'll get to do the speed limit with every Tom Dick and Harry brake checking you to 5 under cause they think you're a fuckin pig

You could not buy a shitty p71 and get a LX sport, LSE, or Marauder instead.

enjoy the urine stench when it gets hot out

>What can I do to make this thing fast?
Not a goddamn thing because the 2v 4.6 is still a dog and you're hauling 4000+ with approximately the wind resistance of a sack of bricks. If you want to make it QUICK, you can put shorter gears in the rear end- P71s come with 3.27s stock and 3.55s were available as an option most years, you can be a maniac and go to 3.73s or even 4.10s, but expect a big hit to gas mileage and these aren't great at that in the first place. Also lower top speeds but you won't be hitting the factory speed limiter much anyway.

If you're really handy you can also look into the transmission J-mod but a P71 tranny is already tuned for faster/harder shifts compared to a civilian car.

All Interceptors already come with dual stainless exhaust without resonators and if it's a late model it already has the upgraded airbox from the Marauder.

LX Sports are even worse, smaller sway bars, none of the P71's durability upgrades, and that silly center console shifter instead of the glorious CHUNK-CHUNK-CHUNK column shift. LSE/LS Ultimates are good just for being Marquis instead of Crown Vics, and Marauders are obviously top tier but depending on location may be basically overpriced unicorns with even Mark VIIIs being easier to find if you want the 4v 4.6.

Get a different car

Supercharger.
Really, budget for the cost of everything else, and then look at the cost of just fitting a supercharger instead.
The patrician option is a 5.4 swap, of course.

This one's clean af

Turbo LS swap.

Why not use an engine from an automaker that has actually competed? Even a rotary would be a step up from GM Push shit.

if OP wants one, then let him get one. I own a P71 and my gf just bought a P71 for herself and neither of us regret it at all. They are good cars. Stop being assholes and help OP out.

6.8 v10 panther

They are all shitty desu

I have no problem with someone buying any car they like and you could do worse than a panther car but those things are just a meme on here at this point and even if they weren't Veeky Forums is the worst possible place to find real advice about performance mods.

Get a 5.4 from an australian falcon, their last versions with the 5.4 made between 388-422hp.

Strip as much weight as humanly possible off it

>Veeky Forums is getting bad, but lets let it happen anyway

If you want Veeky Forums to be a decent place start with yourself, be the change you want to see.

Get the Grand Marquis variant instead.

Marquis don't have a cop version.

This

J mod and Marauder heads. If that isn't enough the only way to squeeze out more power is through forced induction.

>362 hektiks and 457 torks
>out of 6.8 litres

SOHC was a mistake. Even >pushrods would be better.

>J-Mod

I think I read this somewhere, but wasn't the auto used in the CV too inefficient? I know the J-Mod fixes that somewhat, but it doesn't stop the car from shifting in the optimal power band. I remember seeing that just manual swaps would make the cars significantly faster.

Not sure how inefficient it is compared to other auto trannies but IIRC average horsepower loss between the engine and wheels for the 4R70W is ~20%, give or take. The J-mod isn't just for faster/harder shifts but reliability as well due to more fluid flow- the guy who did the original writeup on the process was actually one of the Ford engineers who designed the transmission itself.

Manual swaps will be faster just due to being a manual, the Panther auto tranny is still an old school slushbox descended from the AOD, no modern dual-clutch triptronic sense-o-paddles or whatever. Probably help for top end speed, too, assuming you've done enough you can actually haul the car up there, given the auto only has four speeds to work with and with 2.73s (longer than the 3.27s in P71s) you're already running out of 4th by the time you hit 100+.

You need Nos. two of them. the big ones.

To keep things simple just buy everything for this site. Unless someone else knows another supplier that's cheaper/better.

adtr.net/product-category/ford-crown-victoria/

Should have bought a Marauder

>pretending to be a cop
Either join the force or fuck off, you mong.

Take off all the cop shit for weight reduction and stop pretending have authority

I'm not even OP, I just assumed you meant "Get the Grand Marquis variant [of the Interceptor]" because he seemed like he specifically wanted the cop version, and was saying the Crown Vic had the fleet versions (P71 and taxi), the Town Car had the upscale fleet versions (Town Car L and limo sales), and the Marquis is just the everyman sedan, which is what makes it the best out of the three.

This

The crown Vic rides on a platform dating back to the 70s with a V8 engine that makes less power than most performance na V6s of the 2000s and has shit tune potential

Would this information be accurate for the P71 Panthers?

modernracer.com/features/fordcrownvictoriacop.html

It's surprisingly tricky to find info for the police variants when it comes to power and weight.

Yes (although somewhat outdated), at least for 92+ which is what's most commonly discussed. P71 is just the name of the option package for the Crown Vic that makes it a police car, and shows up in the VIN- IIRC P71 is Police Interceptors, P72 is non-police fleet, and P73 and P74 are civilian, base model and LX respectively.

>It's surprisingly tricky to find info for the police variants when it comes to power and weight.
Probably because it doesn't matter that much. Power varies by year, with Ford having done almost constant engine and tuning tweaks, but in general the newer it is the more power it has, and weight is always going to be "an awful lot" with P71s weighing even more due to the heavier-duty suspension parts, external fluid coolers, etc. and that's before if the specific car in question also has bulletproof front doors, stab-proof seats, and so on.

Just bought my P71 for under $1250 with tax and title, added lights and sirens. Still have some minor fixings to do.

What does Veeky Forums think? :3

>added lights and sirens

>GRIS
>no hits
I hope Cletus decides his F150 can take more damage than a Panther once he realizes you're not a cop and/or an actual cop spots you playing siren-go-loopy.

I'm a firefighter, I wanted the lights and my state requires a siren if I have lights

How fucking autistic are you? Just become a fucking cop, you won't catch an impersonation case that way

You're a whacker.
>captcha: close victoria

Veeky Forums will never be the best place for this kind of question. there are model specific forums that would be 100x more useful.

>model specific forums
They are as slow as cold tar and twice as banny.

Yes but the question of good mods for these cars has already been answered 1000 times

The posts are ten years old.

So are the cars.

But so much has happened in the Ford Mod scene since.

Standard Vics are almost always better to purchase over municipal cars. Cops abuse the shit out of their interceptors. The major benefit to driving a Grand Marquis instead of a Crown Vic is that less people will drive retarded slow around you.

You can get a decent Marauder for $5-6k. I've seen people here spend that much on a vomit comet.

>LX Sports are even worse, smaller sway bars
Both 2004 LX sports I've worked on had the 28mm front swaybar / 17mm rear swaybar just like a P71
> none of the P71's durability upgrades
Oh no, it doesn't have blue radiator hoses and an oil cooler that always leaks!
> and that silly center console shifter instead of the glorious CHUNK-CHUNK-CHUNK column shift.
You mean the one most people with poverty spec panthers like to swap into their cars?
>depending on location may be basically overpriced unicorns
Marauders are so cheap anymore its not even funny. Unless you consider 5 grand expensive.
>J mod and Marauder heads.
If you're even considering doing a 4v conversion on a 2v, just buy the entire engine. I bought an 03 aviator engine for 1800 bucks, shipped to my door. Good C heads alone are 800 to a grand and that's before the timing cover + timing chain components and all the other fun stuff you need.
>I think I read this somewhere, but wasn't the auto used in the CV too inefficient?
No? The non P71/Sport/LSE/HPP/Marauder panthers had a 12" converter (prior mentioned had 11.25") which is why Ford kept the rev limit to about 5200rpm. Going too high in the revs with the 12" converter would literally cause it to implode. Nothing wrong with the transmission itself.
>They are as slow as cold tar and twice as banny.
Some are still rather active, just don't point out the obvious and state how niggers do nigger things (source, did that, got banned)

Get a color matched vape and a cloth for resting your foot on the bonnet