Cadillac

What does Veeky Forums think about Cadillac?

If you were to buy a Cadillac would you pick the CTS, ATS, XTS, ect?

inb4 nigger cars

only if I had stupid money for even more cars, I'd buy a CTS-V

I'll probably buy a 2014 CTS for my first car.

>2014 CTS for my first car.
Kids these days are fucking retarded.

Get a Taurus so you wont be heartbroken when you total it.

nice cars for niggers and old farts

Too many ford cars in the family. Getting tired of so many fords. Any other suggestion?

Chevy impala

>muh /pol/ boogeyman
>gay niggers kissing
Hi alphonise

will consider

CTS or ATS.

I like the idea of Cadillacs more than I actually like Cadillacs though.

>Big luxurious barges
>Popular with the wealthy and with pimps
>Terrible fuel economy
>Stylish and adorably ostentatious

Modern Cadillacs don't really excel at any of those things.

the filename

>Excel at terrible fuel economy
I'm not an environmentalist, but why would you willingly pay more to drive your car? you don't even see a difference like rolling coal.

sperg more

i have a distaste for the XT5, SRX, and Escalade.
Hate Crossovers
SRX is ugly
Escalade is just too big

nice batmobile

>pathetic nigger yearning for a white cock

>being this obsessed with me
>doesn't even bother hiding the fact that he's an alt autist
lol nice. sperg more and go back to your cesspit

The idea is supposed to be that if you can afford to drive a Caddy you don't care about fuel economy. How much gas you can afford to burn is a bragging right.

OP I has a Cadillac you can ask me stuff. Personally if you got the money go for a used second gen CTS-V. I have a first gen and would recommend as well if you want the performance of a Camaro with 4 doors and seats 5.

They all get well into the 20's on the highway. The extra use of fuel is a small side effect of having power on reserve and a smooth effortless engine.

What should I expect on terms of cost of maintenance and insurance if i go for a second or first gen CTS-V?

I REALLY like the CTS-V but the mileage is fucking horrible. 12 city / 19 highway fucking seriously?

This car reminds me of section 8 housing

Overpriced, unreliable, no prestige. Gay.

Were you expecting good gas mileage from a 6.2l supercharged V8?

Ford focus

Cadillac has definitely improved and they're trying real hard to be good quality cars but I think they're too focused on trying to compete with Bmw and mercedes. They just need to focus on doing their own thing.

The technology meets design angle is great and I believe the escala is the direction they need to be heading in. Comfy Luxury cars first, performance secondary. And they honestly need to lower there prices and give customers an incentive to buy a caddy over a bmw. Once they get their luxury down then they can focus on their performance cars.

Pic related. I have no doubt I'd they start building cars like this theyll do well

>If you were to buy a Cadillac
But I'm not of the African descent.

neither am i

>I really like this ultra high performance coupe with a supercharged V8 that makes 600 horsepower that retailed new for $70k
>but fuel economy is RX-8 bad ;_;

Cadillac has improved on performance from what I hear and the seats are usually comfy heated and cooled leather but if there's one thing that I can't ignore and that is the climate and radio controls are all touch sensors that use an infotainment system that I found unresponsive at times. The whole center console is wrapped in glossy dark plastic that is impossible to keep clean and shows fingerprints and junk too clearly.

Can't imagine it being any more than a newer regular CTS. The insurance is cheaper than a Challenger R/T yet is more powerful. The powertrain is that of a Corvette so it's not that bad.

Only you would know user

i am neither, and i drive a cadillac

cost of maintenance/insurance for a first gen ctsv should not be too much probably around the same as a corvette of the same era like poster said but not as cheap as a base cts. Also if you can find a decent one even with high mileage might not give you too many problems.
Second gen will be more expensive but nowhere near as its competition (amg/m class). I would heavily advise to steer clear of any high mileage ctsv i would say max 90k miles due to the supercharged engine all the electronics the magnetic suspension all power memory interior retractable gps unit etc etc, Its getting into european levels of maintenance specially at that mileage all that will start failing sooner or later. Unless you buy a really good maintenance plan but the hassle might not be worth it (well at least not for me).

meant to reply to and

utter fucking trash, like every other GM shit-tier product

reported for shitposting

good until mid 70s
complete crap from 80s and late 90s
absolute overpriced gm garbage from now

>b-but I want a luxury cah
stick to the germans then

If I was going to get an old one, it'd be a Fleetwood Brougham with the Oldsmobile 5.0 installed. The only acceptable engines from the Cadillac division at the time were the HT 4.5 and the HT 4.9. And even those have their problems.
>see pic related

If I was to get a new one, it'd be a CTS.

Id buy a 74 Coupe Deville

MY MAN

i'd buy one of these. complete nigger cars in the US sure but in the UK its probably the biggest fuck you i can think of in so many ways

>Johan De Nysschen is a fraud
>fire Johan immediately
>move HQ back to Detroit
>stop producing ATS and CTS
>build XT1, XT3 (stylish hybrids?)
>Escalade, 3 SUVs, one flagship sedan CT6
money will roll in

if you sweet talk the girl at the airport's enterprise rent a car i bet she'll give you it for a free upgrade

that car has aged horribly. in real life the rear is just... awful. and the interior is a joke

>He thinks this aged bad

>>stop producing ATS and CTS
>>Escalade, 3 SUVs, one flagship sedan CT6

Why? What's the thought process behind this?

I'm not sure about them. I think I need a week long test drive to really get to know one.

the wagon is a collectible classic, the sedan and ESPECIALLY the coupe is just awful

agreed. THe wagon is pretty damn goat

Cadillac sedans lose the company billions of dollars over development and all other costs. SUVs print an obscene amount of money, only to have the worthless Caddy cars nobody buys eat all the profits

Pretty fun land cruisers.
Family owns two from the 50's/60's

Mercury Sable.

>one flagship sedan CT6

Why the CT6 tho? If anything shouldn't the flagship sedan be the CTS?

Get a new CTS-V. Or pic related.

ct6 is bigger, more modern, more up market. rich boomers like those big sleds. caddy needs to stop selling CTS and ATS sedans to broke trash, kills brand value

I just want Government Motors to be able to produce Cadillacs that rival Mercedes and BMW. Is that too much to ask?

>produce Cadillacs that rival Mercedes and BMW

What exactly does "rival" mean tho? Are you referring to performance?
Luxury? Quality? Performance wise the v-series performs just as good if not better than bmw and mercedes. However the quality is just not there. When you step into a bmw or mercedes the cars feel luxurious. Cadillac doesnt. Caddys were never about performance, they were always about comfy luxury. I think cadillacs need to focus on what made them great in the first place.

Pic related. The ats-v and cts-v are great. They just need to improve on the interior quality and stop using cheap GM quality shit inside. Look at the escala. That's what Cadillac needs to be building

I drive a 2006 CTS and i love it. Best car ever. Even if it's not the fastest (about 6 secs 0-60) it handles well for a 2 ton sedan and it is so comfy that you stop caring about speed.

how does bmw mercedes or lexus do it. they sell to trash all the time their a big part of sales and brand value is still there.

I bought a 2014 CTS new. It was the 2.0T with AWD. I never really had any problem with it. Didn't really care for the Cadillac CUE though and the trunk space/back seat was comically small.

Whenever I would take it to the dealer I was the only person there who wasn't in his 60s it seemed like. Sold it after 3 years and bought a new F250.

The car looks great, i will agree the coupe rear is awkward maybe borderline ugly but not horrible. the interior is ok not as bad as you put it though, has nice styling but need a bit more quality put into it to compete in the luxury segment i consider it more of a premium car than a luxury car on that aspect.

I wish they'd bring back the previous logo. I hate the giant shield crest. it just screams "nigger bait"

I'd get a mid 90's fleetwood for peak landyacht.

>muh /pol/ boogeyman
Hi GTR fannigger

pretty much this
>Johan De Nysschen is a Trojan from Audi

>"Let's repeat all the stupid shit that bankrupted us in the first place!", the post

CTSV? slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:
10 point cage with Parachute
3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
spec-R full drag suspension
Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
1 044 bosch pump
1200 rc injectors
golden eagle sleeved block
cp 10:1 pistons
Eagle rods
arp headstuds
oem h22 headgasket
Balance shaft delete
competition clutch twin disc
Port and polished head
skunk2 valve springs and retainers
Str cam gears
crower stage 1 cams
aluminium radiator with slim fan
gsr transmission with itr lsd.
qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
k20 rbc manifold
qsd throttle body spacer
blox 70mm throttle body
4bar omni map sensor
6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
hks bov
Garret 102mm turbocharger.
Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
44mm tial wastegate
Custom water to air intercooler set up
aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
tuned on chipped p28
13 inch volks drag rims
2 15 inch volks rear rims
arp extended wheel studs
si cluster
150 shots of nitrous

im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

+1. fire Johan

literally nobody buys the V series cars. internet meme cars dorks post pictures of but cant afford -- and if you had the money suddenly, i guarantee you'd go buy a bmw or audi instead

idk maybe not 40 years of producing rip off dog shit that only greasy italians and dumb niggers and rental companies bought

i bought a v. test drove m5, e amg, sl amg, corvette c7 base and even considered the c7 z06, mustang gt/cs and nissan gtr even test drove a masarati ghibli because dealer was adamant i try it. over all those cars i bought a v. also did not even consider an audi they are just shit.

hey, let's be hyper literal. obviously some schmucks buy them (see, you), but literally every Caddy car except the high margin impala XTS, I think (?), is a flop

Total fucking garbage cars.
Its one of those brands that charges more for the badge, only its doesn't have anything it adds other than the badge.
Would rather buy anything else GM. Same quality and cheaper price. Only really old boomers or geriatrics think the Cadillac brand has any prestige. As much as I hate overpriced Eurotrash cars, at least when a normie sees a Mercedes or Audi badge, they do think "hey, this guy has money and a nice job". When a normie see's a cadillac, they close their doors or walk away because some gangbanger drug dealing thug is probably driving it and transporting crack in it.

Such a low class car brand.

Get a Mustang instead, much better car and absolutely the best performance vehicle on the market right now.

This. You dont need power/performance in a Cadillac. Trash badge aside. I think its American autism. We start designing a car and instantly go MUH HORSEPOWER and forget everything else. Also overestimating how much power a car actually needs to feel fast.

why do you need to resort to name calling and being disrespectful towards my person/character?( i am just trying to have polite argument) also i agree with this part of your post, a big part of the cadillac lineup is a bust. but the v series is not one of them. you have to remember one thing we are not all like you and just buy a mereced/bmw/audi because we get money, we all have different requirements wants/needs when looking for a vehicle and just because you might not like the v it does not mean everyone will agree with you.

>why do you need to resort to name calling and being disrespectful towards my person/character?
pussy

I wouldve bought the ATS-V if it werent for the fucking cue system. What the fuck was cadillac thinking do the touch screen infotainment system? And the gauges are fucking digital. It looks super cheap and tacky

by your lack of intellectual context and crude remarks on your past replies, i can sufficiently assume that all the posts above are yours and you are just "baiting". as a person holding a psychology degree (among a few more) may i ask why do you hate yourself? i know that you will have to reply to my post because your a person that has to have the last word due to your low emotional iq and lack of esteem, and feeling of inferiority to try and prove your superiority. i will not answer to your posts and leave you to your feelings of inadequacy and hope you seek help to better your life than just to get instant gratification by "trolling" online to make yourself feel like you matter/important and are smarter and or stronger than you really are. have a nice day, get well.

CtsV wagon

I do not know why they used such a cheap design on the ATS gauge cluster.When I saw it it was disgusting. Cue was slow lagging and a bit complicate when I tried it. They need to remake that part of the vehicle asap, it has so much potential.

Wrong, what a fag.

>buy a CTS-V
>strip out the god-tier brakes
>install them on my shitbox tuner
>sell the rest of it for parts

That girl is really ugly

sperg more americuck

GM is shit, deal with it

Grandparents both own Cadillacs (of course): grandfather has a 1st gen CTS, grandmother has a 2nd gen CTS. I much prefer the 2nd gen over the first, but both are miles ahead of the other shit that cadillac was shitting out at the time. The CTS wagon is a work of art.

But my dream Cadillac will always be a 1959 Series 62 4-window sedan.

Cadillacs are a bit strange. The last one or two generations of Cadillacs look like they have an identity crisis. They've gone from land boats to smaller landboats, and then we got hatchbacks, turbo 4 cyl, strange "modern" designs. The only thing consistent with this brand really is just the escalades and that's because blacks and rich soccer moms buy them.

>triggered niggerlacs fangeezer

>Grandparents both own Cadillacs (of course): grandfather has a 1st gen CTS, grandmother has a 2nd gen CTS.
My grandpa is interested in buying the second-handed CTS. It is a good car for him, but is there something I should know?

>mustang
>performance

Top jej
The gt350r, ferds maximum shitstang, ran the same lap time as a camaro SS

Take your girl car somewhere else

Nothing stands out to me, neither have left them stranded. Drivetrains are all typical 2000s GM, but none are truly garbage.

nice delusion and paid laptimes

meanwhile in the real world

MAZDA 3

I have to agree with this poster , not bad cars but do not stand out in their segment in any way. The problem is when they get cheap all the minorities flock to them and trash them with rims, sound systems, and chrome everywhere but that is all cars including Lexus, BMW, Mercedes. Just make sure you don't buy one from said people, they trash their cars like its the end of the world.

I've sometimes dreamed of getting an XLR. When I was a kid they were my dream cars, I waited for them to come out ever since the Evoq concept.