JDM import

Anyone wanted to buy their JDM car straight from the land of the rising sun? Any story to share, advice, etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zVTsQtxm4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_exE74yzl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

weeb shit

>advice
Research the hell out of whatever car you want to import thoroughly because you do not want to be the dumbass that imports some one-off special edition JDM ride that has no parts for it in your country. To be admiral obvious here make sure you have enough money to cover maintenance and parts you will have to import over.

I am looking into importing a car. The only advice I can give without having actually gone through the process is to find a reputable importer, and do research about the car you're wanting to buy. Most models came in various versions so make sure you do some research and find the exact one you want to buy

pacifc coast auto.

check out their youtube as well

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zVTsQtxm4

this. PCA is actually really good, their videos on cars they're exporting, especially the interesting ones, are good, and their weekly auction pick vids are entertaining as well.

Slightly off topic, but seems like the japs are selling their second hand JDMs on the cheap to african countries

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_exE74yzl4

second hand econoboxes. Nothing special

Ironically I see a lot of Kenyans/Ugandans with Turbo Subarus now on a Subaru Facebook Page I go on with 50k members. Decent stuff too like Legacy GTBs and GC STis.

Some African gets an Evo instead of me.

Buddy of mine fixes up lowriders and exports them to Japan. They buy up anything he has to offer

tfw uganda has a better car scene than sacramento

I'd hang with some Uganda car guys over the ricers we deal with any day

i want to, but i havent found a way for me to buy it, drive it around japan for a few months, then send it over yet.

its an r33 though, so i still have a few years to plan
and learn moonrunes (hopefully)

I'm convinced that it's cosmically impossible to buy any japanese car stock here

tfw central valley has no car scene aside from gayass honda fags

I'm planning on getting an R33 as well.

My advice is that you don't need to know Japanese, you need to know a good broker. It's not just a language barrier you're fighting, it's cultural. You're going to lack connections as well. You need to work with someone that already has all of those things or you won't get very far.

I've been to Japan and that's 100% my assessment. Lots of tuners won't talk to you if you're a foreigner, you're too much trouble compared to domestic business.

im planning on getting the car and all the parts/work done through a broker or import company. i want to learn japanese for:
1. when i do my road trip through japan eventually
2. play untranslated vns

Iktf

Shouldn't they spend their cash on more important stuff, like... I dunno, fucking food?

Niggers are all the same.

>tfw all I see here is auto mustangs, chargers, camaros and challengers.
>tfw my only car friend got in a minor hit today
These are the lonely roads I drive on Veeky Forums
Also anyone here from the central coast

Ah yeah that's good, just be prepared for sticker shock. Driving in Japan is expensive as shit, toll roads everywhere and gas is easily like 4-5 USD/gallon.

Prices in Japan are equivalent to USD as well, stuff costs similar to what it would here. Not like Taiwan where food is easily half to a third the cost.

all of africa isn't people living in huts dumbass

If they have cars do you REALLY think they can't afford food? lol ignorant flyover cuck.

If you plan on buying ANY sort of car or vehicle from japan, ALWAYS ASK TO SEE AUCTION SHEET
NEVER BUY IF YOU DONT SEE AUCTION SHEET

Derrick is a Canadian that runs Pacific Coast Auto and he imports tons of things. His youtube channel is devoted to his business but his videos are super interesting and give lots of insights into JDM cars.

someone already mentoned PCA already ITT

Maybe they should spend their money locally to help their dead economy instead of exporting a large amount of money to a foreign country.

A lot of those econoboxes come here to Paraguay
Including some Evos and Imprezas

>you say they should spend their money on food
>i and another user reply with how ignorant you are
>you change the subject and reply with "hurrr they should support their local economy" even though when it comes to cars, the whole continent of Africa has yet to produce something as reliable as Japanese cars.

That being said, the whole exchange of cars being bought from Japan has produced a shit ton of Jobs in a few African countries, especially ones nearby a port. By God, I can't imagine being as dense as you. Read a fucking book sometime.

Also the country Uganda, where that facebook post was taken, has a total GDP of 42 billion and while that isn't a whole lot, its pretty damn good for an African country and its only going to get better as time goes on.

Africa's actually taken off in recent years in terms of development, there are still parts of it that are war-torn shitholes, but most places are seeing late-1990s China-style growth.

africa isn't a country its a continent