If the miata was never made car technology would have gone in a completely different direction...

If the miata was never made car technology would have gone in a completely different direction. If it were never made the feiro would have got more generations and the MR2 would have continued production around an Italian style instead of that wanna be porch shit that is the zzw30.

Also the s2000 would have never been made and the Z3 will have sold worse than my weiner.

Nissan and honda would have developed MR cars, like an actual MR del sole.

pic unrelated

You realize the Fiero was already canned by GM corporate before the first Miata was sold, right?

Shh, let the faggot believe

uhhh no you complete and utter fucking retards

THEY MADE A FUCKING PROTOTYPE IN 1990 RETARDS

SO in our hypothetical world where the miata was never made and the MR2 became instantly popular like the miata did, pontiac would have made their prototype a reality. I mean they wanted to make one enough that they farted out a prototype right?

Cool fanfic but it's not really believable if you're trying to keep it grounded.

Honda was making sports cars like the Miata when all Mazda had was 360cc kei cars. The S2000 is a callback to those.
BMW was doing it before Mazda even made a car.
Nissan dropped the MID-4 before the public even knew what a Miata was.
Honda made the NSX and Beat so they still did the whole MR thing.

Except the MR2 was never popular before the Miata and the Fiero was indeed canceled before the Miata ever went on sale.

Wanting to make one and being anywhere near making one are two different things. Fiero was canceled due to poor sales.

Prototype for the 1990 model, developed in 1987/88 by Pontiac (cars aren't developed in one year). The Fiero was canned that same year, with 1988 being the last model year and the 89+ never going on sale.

A quick Google shows the last Mk1 Fiero finished assembly August 16, 1988, which is over half a year before the NA Miata was even unveiled to the public.

>SO in our hypothetical world where the miata was never made and the MR2 became instantly popular like the miata did, pontiac would have made their prototype a reality.
No, they probably wouldn't have, because that's not how General Motors works. Corporate says no more Fiero, they mean no more Fiero, to hell with Pontiac's plans.

>Honda was making sports cars like the Miata when all Mazda had was 360cc kei cars. The S2000 is a callback to those.
>BMW was doing it before Mazda even made a car.

Yeah but thats now how it fucking works. In the automotive things go in and out of style?? What was the last new car you've seen with a fucking bench seat? Last car you've seen with fucking wings hanging off the back like an old bel air.

IF THE MIATA WAS NEVER MADE, CONVERTIBLES WOULD HAVE NEVER BECOME POPULAR/WORTHY SELLERS

And what would have become popular would have been the MR2 as it would have been the only available small sports car at all at the time.

Then nissan may have reconsidered the MID-4 or just not cared at all. Not like they were ever really in the small sports car market except for a long ass time ago.

And the sure honda would have had the NSX, but with the small sports car market looking much different without the uber friendly looking miata, which prompted the del sol, they may have taken things in a CRX sporty aggressive kind of way

The miata never being made leaves a huge gap of cars and money that people wanted to spend on new small sports cars. My argument is that in the demand for small sports cars, what only was available was what they would have wanted.

>Corporate says no more Fiero, they mean no more Fiero, to hell with Pontiac's plans.

Yes but corporate also smells money. Figureatively If toyota makes a million dollars over night with the SW20 then no fuckin shit GM is gonna get on that hot MR snatch, Its not like they weren't hot on HUGE ASS SUVS and gay ass crossovers either.

Retard

>And what would have become popular would have been the MR2 as it would have been the only available small sports car at all at the time.

Except the MR2 wasn't popular before the Miata and it wouldn't magically become popular. And no it wasn't the only small sports cars. It came about in a huge wave of compact sports cars.

>IF THE MIATA WAS NEVER MADE, CONVERTIBLES WOULD HAVE NEVER BECOME POPULAR/WORTHY SELLERS

Wrong, if they weren't popular they wouldn't have been sold since forever. The original Mustang did more for convertibles than the Miata ever did.

>Then nissan may have reconsidered the MID-4 or just not cared at all. Not like they were ever really in the small sports car market except for a long ass time ago.

Way too expensive to even consider. Nissan had the Silva so yeah, they had a compact sports car.

No idea why you think the SW20 would've magically became the best selling sports car.

The SW20 was also not introduced until the Fiero had already stopped production.

>Yes but corporate also smells money.
GM doesn't work in intelligent ways. Why do you think they continually shot themselves in the foot for DECADES because of muh corvette, preventing their marques from using technology they invented or even making a car on the same platform? GM makes money by penny-pinching, not by being ahead of the curve.

>What was the last new car you've seen with a fucking bench seat?
A 2010/11 Ford Crown Victoria.

Lol using the crown vic as an example. Just because ford made a 90s car for 10 years longer than they should have doesn't fucking mean that bench seats are still an automotive trend you knob

Ok and?

Dude just open your mind and at least pretend you have an imagination.

What is it about Veeky Forums that attracts autism?

>GM makes money

.........it hurts that i go on CL and look for literally any form version or variant of the 240sx with a manual and in running condition and i cant find literally anything at all

all these fucking trailer trash hill billy losers spend all the dollery doo diddles their wagecuck jobs can muster and they just utterly destroy these cars, drifting is cool and i have no problem with it. but this isnt drifting is just destroying

If your budget is more than $3000 just get a broker and import a 180 straight from the nippon land. Otherwise you're either gonna have to check CL every day or find one in a different city

my budget is over $10,000
i want a fucking car that wasnt fucking destroyed

i dont want wrong side drive

>import a 180 straight from the nippon land
Not him but then you have to convert it to LHD

Daily reminder that the Miata is just Japanese version of britbong tractors.
It's a copy of the old mgbs and spitfires. Honda did develop MR cars such as the beat and the nsx.

If the mailman drives on the right side so can you

Also with a 10k budget you could have pretty much any clean 240 there is here in the states. You could also import a 180, buy a 240 shell, and pay someone to buttfuck them both together for a LHD 180sx for $10000

this.

>Honda did develop MR cars such as the beat and the nsx.

And unlike the spitfire or the MGB the NSX costed a gorrillain dollars