/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

A game where you can dress up kittens edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Gameplay 7/6: youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Lavasioth
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fat cunt

>ywn be THIS gold in mainline
why bother?

Gold rathian is @100% gold and bulkier than that though?

Reminder to give Milsy all your horn coins!

Huntress midriffs.

>create an absolutely sexy, perfect armor set
>DUDE LET'S ADD A SHITTY SKIRT LOOKING THING AND RUIN IT

why

fat cunts

comparable!
but the hat is dumb!
and the skirt causes too many clipping problems!

Abs slider fucking when??

Why no World on the Switch? It would give me a reason with Spla2n to get a Switch and I could be happy again. Now there's no console with more than one game worth getting it and a sub for. I'm in gaming disarray here ;_;

>not liking the cute hat
Also reminded me there's seregios too. And fucking EVERYTHING clips in MH anyway.

>abs

Sweatyness slider for World!

You making fun of my armor punk?

MHW was being developed way before Switch was even conceived.

i dont know if male has an equivalent, but the high rank deviljho belt removes any pesky skirts and goes with everything.

I know that feel bro. BotW is on wii u and XX is both on 3DS (which is an incredibly inferior platform, to be fair) and is also garbo so spla2n is literally the only good thing on switch and probably will be for like three years.

Um, sweaty......

I always thought this armor was a homage to Gil

another day without MHW IG gameplay

>he doesn't like abs

Threads like these are why people think Veeky Forums is a containment board for cancer

Girls must soft

>"I always thought this armor was a homage to my generic literally who weebshit"
Nope.

>lower on the hierarchy than fucking Ratholos the king of cucks

Yeah we're really scared.

Veeky Forums creates its own.

/mhg/ quality comes and goes. Other generals I've been in either have very long cycles (about 3 years long, 6 months of good 6 months of bad and a year of mediocre between them) or are consistently good or bad, /mhg/ is a bipolar general that flipflops between decent and complete cancer every three months or so. I think it's when a handful of shitposters have breaks from school or something when it gets shitty.

She's soft in other places.

>literally who

The people who think Veeky Forums is a containment board for cancer aren't entirely wrong, but chances are that their board isn't any better and in fact worse than Veeky Forums.
See /v/.

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are instances of containment boards where what they're containing is generally of a higher quality than the board they came from, which is why they need to be contained in the first place. Veeky Forums is just a better format for actually discussing videogames (even if it has its own foibles, eg insularity; individual threads serve as containment for games with cancerous fanbases, like starcraft and, though I hate to admit it, MH, as well), hence why Veeky Forums has a lot of videogame and technical discussion while /v/ is all e-celebs, blogging and /b/-lite (Veeky Forums having been made because general threads were pushing out such "regular" discussion threads on /v/), while Veeky Forums was made because 40k (admittedly the bottom of the barrel of tgs imo, but that's just me, and it's still better than average /b/ quality even at the time) oversaturated /b/ for a while, warranting its own board.

The MH thread is one of the least cancerous when it isn't constantly being raided.

Yes. it's literally who. no non-degenerate knows or cares about it.
back to your containment board now.

/mhg/ isn't even in the top 10 most cancerous generals on Veeky Forums considering trash like /ks/ still exist.

mhg plays the game, that's better than 95% of the board

Best waifu hands down

Why are you using quotes while greentexting redditor?

>smelly fish girl over marm
no

Why can't furfags crop and resize images properly?

Rajang huntress is cute. I should transmog a set for myself.

I wish every day was a day without IG gameplay.

When the people "raiding" it do so frequently enough that they constitute many of the regular posters it isn't much of a "raid." I'm pretty sure most of the problem posters are members of the discord group, ie longterm /mhg/ participants.

Doesn't have to be top (bottom?) 10 to be cancerous. It's far below average about half the time, at the very least.

>rajang fullset looks great
>any mixed set that rajang touches in any way looks like ugly garbage only a stupid thirteen year old mongoloid slut tripping on ecstasy would wear
Is there any other monster with sets so exclusive in their aesthetics?

Brachydios is another offender but honestly regular rajang armour doesn't too look bad when in mixed suits. Furious Rajang is what ruins any good looking mixed set, especially if you were playing a male hunter in 4U where the furious sets are extremely vibrant and ugly.

>nearly every mixed set calls for furious rajang waist
>it's a bright yellow furry belt with a tail buttplug that clashes with everything and makes you look like a deviantart OC
It's not just male hunters that were subjected to this horror.

>Gravios set

What if hammer had a telescopic handle that could turn it into a warhammer

That looks bad even as a fullset though.

What's a good High Rank armor for HBG in Generations?
Full set ideally, I do not like clown suits.

Even hunters can have kinship with monsters

Arc S

IIRC as far as fullsets go arc (shagaru) for normal, damascus (lategame ore set) for pierce. They look pretty nice too.

Nigga that makes it easy as fuck to come up with your own, god damn.

CHALLENGE TIME

TRY TO HBG A SHEN GAOREN WITHOUT FALLING ASLEEP

PROTIP: you cant

Try to anything Gaoren without falling asleep

I played hundreds of hours of Skyrim, challenge accepted.

These do look pretty nice, I'll probably go with the Shagaru first since I already have some of the materials.

I probably should have been more specific, I have a general idea of which skills are good but then again, some things have changed in Gen.
Is Evade Distance still kinda mandatory for mobility or does Adept style mitigate that problem?

XX room going up

33-4105-8610-8138 7243

The latter. Evade extender is basically irrelevant now.

What's the best Hunter Art that compliments Brave LS?

AR, CJ, or US

Joining in a bit if it's still up.
Have to get a hyper quest done first.

Yeah its still up, we'll wait for you

>CJ
>just your standard first R but with 2.5x MV and it takes your only art slot
Not worth it imo. Maybe for some hunts but not in general. US also isn't crazy good, considering how easy it is to keep your gauge up in brave (attacks fill more gauge than usual, as if you're always in red, and the fake CJ does not consume gauge while optionally jettisoning you to the most damaging part of the spirit combo). Bloodborne Blade is probably the best art for brave (as most of the new arts are), considering it's a long-lasting attack buff to stack to all attacks and the self-damage is negligible, especially given the healing effect to counter it. It's a 10/20/30% boost for 75/60/45 seconds, which is tremendous.

So I'd say AR or sacrificial blade.

eta?

Maybe 10 minutes? Don't wait on me m8.

My 15-year-old cat died this weekend and we just had him cremated today
I want World to come out already so I can have him back as my new Palico buddy

That's nice. Really.

bark

sorry user. i know this feel too well.

I'm sure this is an old observation but
>stories has better character customisation than mainline
haha holy shit

How do able is getting the Barrage Earing solo in Gen?

Because stories is a rpg and that shit actually matters you mental incompetent

IIRC you only need to complete the quests, not get a certain rank, so extremely doable. If you need at least A rank then it might be a bit harder, but there's usually one weapon that can easily get A rank if you're reasonably gud and S rank if you're rly gud.

>stories has better character customisation than runefactory
haha holy shit

Which do you hate more, Lavasioth or Plesioth?

I'm fine with both.
Lavasioth is a tad more cool though.

they're both great monsters.

Are there any videos of solo arena speed runs around that I can watch?

Yeah but you may have to look up jap quest names to find a lot of them. I'm actually assuming there are for gen just because there were for 4U.

>one is plesioth except good and the other is plesioth
wow, that's a tough one.

Lavasioth is literally Plesioth but better.
>More pronounced body to make sure about the hitboxes
>More moves
>Armor is much more useful

You guys realize it's from Frontier, right?
You're not allowed to like it.

>Lavasioth is from Frontier
Children are this fucking uneducated.

What is a giant bipedal fish doing at a tower summit?

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Lavasioth

Frontier has like five good monsters, and two of those were adopted into mainline for both being good and fitting the series thematically.

we dont dislike frontier, or good monsters, we dislike edgy elder dragon that shits out explosions whenever it scratches its nose #19,932

>we
fag
I agree though

>Five

>Akura vashimu
>Taikun Zamuza
>Baruragaru
>Diorex
>Farunokku
>Forokururu
>Garuba Daora
>Gasurabazura
>Abio/Giaorugu
>Gougarf
>Guanzorumu
>Gureadomosu
>Gurenzeburu
>Harudomerugu
>Inagami
>Kuarusepusu
>Odibatorasu (Akantor/Ukanlos done right)
>Orugarons
>Rebidiora
>Shantien
>Lunastra (Lets be real she's a Frontier girl now.)

oh, so everything in X/XX is out then.

>Go to bed, think about hunting monsters
>Go to sleep, dream about hunting monsters
>Wake up, think about hunting monsters
What is happening to me