Anyone ever have nightmares about their vehicle...

Anyone ever have nightmares about their vehicle? I had one about mine last night; Oil sludge had built up so much that when I went to change the oil nothing came out and I added 6 quarts causing oil to bubble out of every orifice

It was horrible

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/science/articles/2016/04/06/4435615.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>caring so much about your car you have nightmares about it

I've only had good dreams about driving my cars, or dubious dreams about running from cops. Might have crashed in a dream before but I can't remember, certainly don't remember being particularly worried about it.

>Anyone ever have nightmares about their vehicle?

yeah. had this exact nightmare when i bought my used M5. was expecting to whip the valve covers off and see this exact shit but it was all good.

I had a nightmare where a couple of fine young black gentleman stole my front fender.

What's the nightmare?

Last time I opened the valve cover it looked clean, that was about 9000 km ago.
It had 89.000 km back then.

I'm curious to see the condition of my cylinder head. I got my car as a gift with absolutely zero service history and it's an total lemon. Problem is it would be an immense pain to remove the valve cover as doing anything on a P2 chassis Volvo is a major headache.

Lol it's like a 15 min job boi

I dreamt my timing belt snapped, necessitating an engine rebuild that cost as much as another car.

Oh, I have them all the time. Last night, I dreamt that my timing belt snapped which bent the valves and blew up the pistons which was a new one.

A frequent one I have is popping the radiator cap and seeing oil sludge in the radiator. And when I replace the oil, I see coolant in the oil.

I've dreamt that I just finished a rebuild and I go to start it up with a grind and a bang and fine that a rod unseated and blew through the bottom of the crank.

There's so many more. This is not an uncommon thing for me. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm a lonely loser and my car is really the only thing that keeps me around. It's my only friend, so my brain likes to fuck with me by making me dream that shit.

I have occasional nightmares that my ride gets broken into and trashed or just outright stolen by dindus. Makes me wake up in sweats every time.

i had a dream i crashed

Me too. I dreamed doing sicc skiddz and fucking boning it into a tree. I woke up in the hospital and my car was totaled. I remember actually wanting to kill myself before I woke up. I've never been more relieved in my life.

Had a dream I had an Audi with a manual

Work to up the reality that I own a Toyota Camry with an automatic...whew, what a nightmare.

I'm living in a nightmare right now.

im just scared i will get rear ended

Is your mayor Rahm Emmanuel?

>be driving my car down a river
>interior looks mostly the same except that the car is a boat instead of a car
>float down the river into a big dark tunnel
>engine stalls and car starts leaking water
>car sinks and I bail out
>have to swim the rest of the way out of the tunnel

Two nights ago I had a dream where I drove off a cliff at night, came out of nowhere, woke up as I was thinking "this is how I die"

Some evil bastard put the old girl in a crusher and made her into a cube. Almost cried.

>be driving a car in the city
>driving like an absolute madman
>speeding, dodging traffic, etc.
>all I can hear is the sound of the engine
>no road noise or other traffic
>remember knowing that someone/something is chasing me

I kind of wish I remembered more of that one

I vapourise cannabis so I hardly dream at all

This.
This is what wakes me up at night

holy shit
Are there facts that point to this?
Because I do the same, and just realized I haven't dreamt in a long, long time.

>Are there facts that point to this?
I dont know but I'm also in the same boat

It’s common knowledge.
We don’t know much about dreaming but many scientists think it’s where we consolidate our memories and figure shit out. Kind of like why when you sleep on a problem the next day it’s way easier to solve. Well I still get this effect to some extent so I’m not too concerned.
But when I’m high at work in the morning the “expanded mind” effect lets me be super creative and find kick ass solutions to do things easier at work. So basically it’s no no big fukken deal that I don’t dream that much :)

Oh and on this subject. Reason would also say nightmares are our brains’ way of warning itself about things that could fuck us up if we’re not careful

It's almost like they called it dope for a reason.

vaping = more cbd & thc due to efficiency over smoking.
cbd is what helps you sleep but also causes forgetfulness. thc is the psychedelic feeling.
thc only releases at higher temps, vaping at something like 320° would only release cbd (depends on the strand of course)

So, vaping releases more cbd (or only cbd), which makes you sleep and dream but forget.
Im not really sure about this but it makes sense to me.

Don't smoke for 6 months. Your dreams will come back with a vengance. You'll always dream no matter how much you smoke after that.

I’m pretty sure I made close to 6 months last year. Longest I’ve ever stopped.

Yeah I’m back on the herb now and no, no dreams. You’re just smoking way less I’m thinking

>It's almost like they called it dope for a reason
Sure, you just have to decide if it's a price worth paying.
I drive a car with really shitty gas mileage by choice. It's not like I don't know that's the case, it's just not a priority the way a type of car is.

Nah dude I have a volcano which is ridiculously well engineered with accurate temp settings. I got my thc out of it. When you’re done blasting it with level six, you take it up to nine just to make sure it’s all out...(doesn’t go up to eleven)

My vape is almost a decade old, and the digital display broke years ago.
The only way I have a good idea of how hot it gets is timing it.

I get nearly seizure-inducingly high on a fairly regular basis and I haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary as far as dream frequency. I didn’t have a lot of dreams to begin with, though
>tfw tolerancelet

>didn’t have a lot of dreams to begin with
Yeah I feel the same but maybe it’s just harder to remember when they were ages ago. And when you’re always high.

I am fairly certain I used to dream like normal when I was a kid. Some nightmares I remember clearly. I don’t have them anymore

Oh and cannabis is used to treat seizures. Sorry, can’t help myself.
I’m a health nerd, as well as cars and music

>seizure-inducing
Can trigger atrial fibrillation too.

Again, it's called dope for a reason lol.

Same old shit.
Nightmares about falling asleep at the wheel, getting sleep paralysis and not being able to avoid it. I wake up still 'feeling' the crash.
Skidding out of control and hitting people.

I think the worst/least cliche is having fucking man-o-war fall out out of under the dash and paralyzing my legs, then my arms and eventually I wake up gasping for breath as it crawls into my mouth.
I fucking hate that one.

I've had recurrent dreams where i am driving in a city, my brakes dont work and my throttle is stuck open

Having an irregular heartbeat for a little while seemingly may even strengthen it.

abc.net.au/science/articles/2016/04/06/4435615.htm

Bang boom. What else you got

It's always a nightmare about letting somebody use my car, and them fucking it up. Suffice to say, I don't let others drive it, so only I fuck up my car.

>abc.net.au/science/articles/2016/04/06/4435615.htm
That's awesome.
Good to hear, as I like dope, but also have A-fib.

>only I fuck up my car
This is a worse feel than somebody else fucking it up but still I understand

Sometimes im scared awake by the thought of my fixes failing

>I had a nightmare where a couple of fine young black gentleman stole my front fender.

Your dream should have added some more details like chasing off the thieves after shooting some shots in the air. But one thief hangs around to try to drag the bumper away. After all, his GF's car needs a new bumper. Got to keep the children safe.

Anonymous:: I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

The bumper thief gives up trying to retrieve the bumper. Anonymous heads back home to call the police.

Thief: Hey! [user turns around] I gots to know!

[user aims his revolver and pulls the trigger, but the gun just clicks on an empty chamber, and he grins, laughs, and walks away.]

Thief: Son of a bitch!

[Antifa Lawyer shows up.]
Antifa SJW: Go ahead and take that bumper. Your efforts have earned it.

[Thief leaves with the bumper]