Okay Veeky Forums need help

Need some advice with the engine in my 76 camaro with a 350, I have tried everything short of replacing the wiring harness, it doesn't even turn over. What should I do? (Not mine but good reference)

>I have tried everything
please list

Any lights come on? Do guages do anything? No sounds?

Added fuel, replaced fluids, brushe'd connections, replaced starter, replaced battery, everything that I know to do

Nope nothing

Dont listen to anything says.

Thanks jack ass. Once in a while i get things right.

For OP, maybe a ground for the battery, or neutral safety switch. Those have happened to me before.

Any ideas?

Can we get an actual photo of decent quality underhood? Manual or auto?

Battery hooked up correctly and in good order?

Checked your fuses

Usually when NOTHING happens, its almost always something simple.

Won't be able to get photo until about 1 pm my time, and it's auto

I though about that, but the original battery looked about ready to melt

Did you bypass the neutral safety switch?

Did you check to see if the pistons are seized? You can do that by getting a big ass socket and ratchet onto the crank shaft bolt and turning it. If it turns then you're good. If not then you have to rebuild the engine. You better hope the crankshaft turns.

I know the pistons aren't siezed

So you're at the most very basic part of troubleshooting.

This is electrical.
What you need to do is look at your fuses, it's probably one of the, grab a meter, and follow the hot lead of the battery.

Get off o. This is something so simple multiple voices will only add confusion.

If it does nothing at all with a hood battery, it's electronics.

Possibilities are also nss, but make sure your fuses are good first, it's usually simpler

You ever seen this car run?

"tried everything other than replacing the wiring harness" when you haven't checked the fuses yet means you need to approach things more calmly and thought out.

There's a process to things. Spent ten minutes reading then proceed with half an idea what to do.

You've replaced the starter when there was nothing wrong with the old one. You're an idiot throwing money at something.

Coil like a snake, then strike.

You need a meter, not a new starter.
Idiot.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that around the same time I take the photo

The started was basically open, so I was replacing that anyway

Did you replace the battery or just charge it? Sometimes batteries can be so fucked they wont hold a charge enough to do anything. Also, you couldve swapped it with a dud. Shit happens

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I'm strating to think the wiring harness was a bit shitty, so I've got a replacement already

Also I should mention this is a restoration, not my dd

Starter solenoid my dude. Also manual or auto console or column

It's gonna be getting a new a lot of things regardless, because I intend to fix and sell the camaro

Console

>wiring harness, got a replacement already
>getting a new a lot of things regardless
>I intend to fix and sell the camaro
I used to laugh at guys like you but with how prices are going you may be crazy like a fox.

Here it is, air filter is off

It could be this stupid ass linkage that goes from the trans linkage to the steering column. It's what activates the switch so u can't start it in drive or reverse. Held together by cheap ass clevis pins. It would explain why nothing happened. Check that along with everything in else in this thread

Those accel super coils are notorious for going out. Doubt that's what it is since it doesn't even crank, but just something to be aware of

What's all this then?

Some goon started putting the new harness in

This seems related to your issue. Trace down those wires. Get a wiring diag., but expect that a hot wire goes from the ignition switch "on" position to the coil. Another wire goes from the "start" position to the starter solenoid.

We've got most of it sorted out, but the bolt that hold's it down in the back right corner of this photo, is at a super bad angle and I can't fit my big hands in there well enough to use a socket, and I can't use an extender because it's nearly blocked off