Yay or nay?

yay or nay?

could you repeat the question?

I love it because if you look at the competition in that class, it looks like a car and not like a gaudy sport clown sneaker for teens

get a civic si manual instead

Also, looks like we're slowly leaving the angry meme and approaching healthy smugness levels again

dont like the way the civic looks at all, also the si is not available in my country

holy shit yes

>:]

they did really well with the mk7. I dont think this is an improvement

This and the new Polo are weirdly round for some reason. That and the painted strip below the hood, between the headlights, looks ugly as fuck and its existence baffles me.

get the 1.5 sedan then. looks great

Yes. GTI's are usually a little behind the competition as far as performance goes. But they make for a more comfy daily and something you can drive without looking like a person who peaked in high school.

lookin for a hot hatch tho

No they are not, GTI's with stage 2 rape any FWD car on the market in terms of acceleration.

this is the new polo

My bad, thought it was a Golf. They've slowly turned into different scale versions of the exact same car.

Yeah I think the new Polo reached Golf 4 dimensions by now.

I quite liked the 9N3 GTI, as it was basically a Golf 4 GTI drivetrain in a smaller body.

Can someone redpill on Polo/Golf costs of ownership? I know it will cost more than a Corolla but bad is the cost really?
I live in Australia so prices of German cars are normally higher than Japanese cars.

it drives like one, is actually reliable, great on gas, comfortable, VERY spacious for a compact car but in the cabin and boot and fairly quick (edmunds got 6.7 0-60 and that was on the non vtec 170hp us model). euro ones have 182 by factory but reported 200hp on the sedans

sorry for the shill I just don't want you to get trick'd into buying VAG :(

youre the one tricking op into buying some shitty overstyled product

nah the gti definitely looks weird. civic sedan is sleek and everyone agrees except a few of you dumb contrarians!

again. nooooone of that contrived civic hatchback shit. sedan. s-e-d-a-n. sedan. sedan. sedan sedan sedan. not hatch. got it buddy? vag is shit

>arguing about VAG on Veeky Forums

Obvi. Name a better hot hatch at that price.

Civic Si

based but technically only comes in sedan/coupe

either way vag shills btfo

FWD or not, the GTI has crazy potential.
Dont expect it to be a head turner though.

lmao are you gay? HONDAS are literally pussy replant. Women drive hondas. They associate the badge with feminine men. If a woman sees the VW badge it makes her V - Wet. that is actually where VW comes from. Vagina Wet. True Story. Source: I am a connoisseur of women and cars

>VAG shit
No.

>If a woman sees the VW badge it makes her V - Wet. that is actually where VW comes from. Vagina Wet. True Story. Source: I am a connoisseur of women and cars
Can't argue with this logic by the way I am totally not a 2.5: VW owner

Get the Civic hatch, it looks just like the sedan

>gti is secretly the best car on earth

yes, similar to how FORD stands for Fornicate Orifices Reproduce Daily

I really like the look of the GTI. But I've heard nothing but negative things from VW owners I've known over the years. Are they really that bad?

this unironically

Yeah

As a general rule of thumb the newer VWs are shit and the older VWs are bulletproof

I have a mk7. It was good to begin with, but after stage 2 it is a god machine. I will never tire of hurting 'muscle' car and WRX owner's feelings by ripping past them at stop lights or passing them on the freeway. To the uninitiated it is a total sleeper. 10/10 for pure joy 8/10 for cost to own maintenance is a bit higher. 10/10 for looks. amazing interior, good quality build. 10/10.

>3rd gear highway pull machine
wew lad

Sad thing is for the same price of a GTI in Canada I could get a lightly used E63 that would make it look like a slow econobox while having a much nicer interior and being a better car in general
A tune and those things are making 700 at the crank

You should never get a merc unless you are leasing it.

Been wrenching on them for years. They're perfectly reliable if you don't cheap out and neglect them
Better than VAG shit in the long run

>They're perfectly reliable if you don't cheap out and neglect them
Literally same could be said about non-turbo VAGshit, wew

True, but we're talking about a twin turbo V8 here
All the problem AMGs I've seen were owned by older cheap bastards skipping basic shit like oil changes

Civics are cheap pieces of shit for poor people lol.

>ahhhhh mmmm yes

>benis :]]]]

nay unless you're a eurocuck

Stop thinking about penises, user.

>with a tune

Thats the point you fucking retard

Also is not safe pushing power on a car without the supporting mods. There is a reason the gold r has headwork and larger intercoolers. Sure you can tune a gti up to golf r levels. Just like you can put a massave super charger on a car with non forged internals. Its nice until something breaks

APR has TRIED to blow up their mk7 gti. They haven’t been able to

no shit unless their tuning was absolute crap. It will however eat away at the overall life of this engine.

Yea, so will driving it

How old we talking?

yes

>not waiting for Polo sedan/Virtus

Wtf is that and why would I wait for it?

>behind the competition

you're a fuckin retard m8. the only thing i will agree with you on is the look/design is a bit childish/ricey but i don't know if that is acquired or if its actually inherent.

Somehow it's going to be the cheapest VAG car.

Nay

You’re gay

Can you get the Skoda Octavia vRS liftback? Get that.