/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Wii U
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.
-It also features a currently unused message about Miiverse being shut down.

>Switch
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible. -A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432
[Jun 27] The SDK was leaked.

>DSi
[Jul 2] RocketLauncher, an early boot DSi exploit for 1.4, has been announced. It requires a flashcard. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/881584509401083904

>Vita
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/3:-Installing-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel
twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/887513772033703937
youtube.com/watch?v=PAQoVL_ot1I
modsiah.com/shop/
pastebin.com/nqdztWV4
gbatemp.net/threads/spoofing-a-wii-u-from-5-5-1-5-5-2-and-disabling-updates.477781/
aliexpress.com/item/For-PSVita-game-card-to-micro-SD-TF-card-adapter-SD2Vita-for-PS-Vita-1000-2000/32821517355.html
gbatemp.net/threads/first-nintendo-switch-cartridge-dumps-released.477954/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>TFW public seed gets banned
Post yfw you're not banned because you use a private seed/never banned

Reposting, still need help

So when the new PublicFriendCode_B drops will I need to mess with my Secure Info_A, or reset my NNID?

You may need to just wipe the data entirely. Hold A+B+X+Y when you load up the game.

But I still want to keep my o3ds town.

Then you're probably gonna need to back it up. Use this site to help you: marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/

Recently updated Adrenaline and added some PSX games in the right file path (pspemu/PSP/game/****) and whenever I try to start them up, there is this error that says ""The game could not be started (80010016)"

What should I do? How can I fix this?

i just wanna play Tomb Raider

That sounds awful user.

I got 3 consoles.

1 got banned during SM hyperban, I use private seed from another 3DS.

None got banned during the banning 2 months ago.

Seconding this. Though my error happens with Toukiden 2 and Maidump installing rather than attempting to play it

There's a fucking english patch. People have been able to get it to work. The clearest explanation I've gotten is invalid unicode characters but I have no idea how to fix that.

And the usual "Works on my machine" response

it is! it specifically happens why I try to launch the PSX game in Adrenaline, which appears fine but it fails to start and shows that "The game could not started"

wumpa wumpa

Considering buying the 2DS XL, would it be best to wait for magnethax or would an exploit possibly be released by the end of July?

If you already have a hacked 3DS you can use DSIware exploit.

devs are waiting for EOL to release new hacks

magnethax will work on all 3DS forever

I would've, but I sold it because I didn't have money to eat then

>wanting a chinese looking knockoff

>on all 3DS

How do you get it to work on 2DS?

ON ALL 2DS 3DS

2ds just needs the slider on and then hold the button combo

SciresM said if it's not out by August or September he'll "leak" it himself.

can someone f me for not doing the ds method in time? (also not longer having the gamepad avalaible)?

So I heard there was a massive banwave on hacked 3DSes. Is this shit still going on? I bought a new3DSXL with the intention to hack it but held off after seeing everyone getting banned. Is it safe now or is there still a risk of me getting banned if I go online?

What does this even mean? Speak english so I can PM you the fix.

there have been no reports of bans after the period of when it happened, if someone didnt check during that time and checks now and they're banned they didnt get banned now they were always banned so currently everything is fine

Is the only way to avoid getting banned next wave just to avoid going online in any games?

F me, as "pressing f to pay respects"

nobody knows what triggered the ban so there's nothing we can tell you. If you feel safer not going online you can do that, but there's no guarantee that'll work.

and it is possible to fix it without the gamepad? i bought the ds game already so i hope that can amount for something

its been said to turn off the option to show friends what youre playing and to turn off the sharing of spotpass data however because there isnt something specific that caused the bans aside from just having cfw in general it isnt certain that this will protect you

So would it be better not to risk my new3DSXL and just get some cheap 2DS with a throwaway ninty id?

Neither. Just dump it in and you're good to go.

I see that when downloading it has the jap text for the name in brackets rather than the english. This is the only game that's done that and it's the only game where I have an error

Does anyone know where Maidump gets the name of the game it's installing so I can change it?

you need gamepad to install haxchi, put DNS block on internet, you also need gamepad to change internet settings

up to you, n3ds is the way to go if youre getting one if you dont care about playing games like smash pokemon or mh online then it doesnt matter if you get banned because it just prevents online play plus you can easily just unban yourself

i know, so there's no hope for me; i can go somewhere to get that set up (getting a gamepad lended) can you link me the process? or whatever?

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/3:-Installing-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel

DO NOT install rednand or coldboot

soon

yes, if you want to play online, doing it with another console would keep the risk at a minimum for your n3ds, i guess.
but, as I said, we don't know what are they looking for and when they started looking for it, so even if you don't use that console online there's no guarantee it won't get banned, so keep that in mind.

So is this method is still good for acquiring a DS game for Haxchi?

switch custom cartridge?
will look into it; thank you senpai
i mean it (i actually own most of my gam es legally, but i dont have as much money to bleed for the rest of them) (also i would like to play a couple of japanese games onit)

i'm already in 5.5.2; how am i supposed to run the exploit?

>switch
Vita

twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/887513772033703937
youtube.com/watch?v=PAQoVL_ot1I

I think so, people have tested and seems to work.

you can't, if you didn't have haxchi already installed you're fucked until someone releases a new entry method

Hence why i said press F for my sorry ass on my first post
okay, got it

I wouldn't recommend updating to 5.5.2 even if you have haxchi though, not until a new web browser hack is released, just to be on the safe side

I found where the Japanese was and replace it

Unfortunately I got an error code 80105a03 and that has absolutely zero information anywhere

What's the point of a custom Vita cartridge?

microsd-adapter

Word. I will do this ASAP. Literally just finished up modding the vWii the day before this shit released.

s2 card on vita, nigga

you can dual boot it with the memory card as well

Best place to buy it?

you can't

that's why I said soon

modsiah.com/shop/

>Out of stock
come on this shit needs to be mass produced

Hello anons.
I'm the fag who's making lewd 3DS themes that are often of lolis. I got my lazy and greasy ass off the metaphorical couch and made a new theme. This one's background was drawn by one of my favorite loli artists.
Just CTRL-F the ID below in the pastebin I linked, and you'll find the DLL.
If you have any questions or problems, please say so.
>ID
8daf86365b3a634fc1eb989dbf6d3c46b9423fe1
>Pastebin
pastebin.com/nqdztWV4

the software is open source

we just have to wait for Chinese to flood the market

I don't know you but keep posting bara archie

I don't think it'll ever flood the market
Only hacked Vitas can use it, that alone limits the market

das it mane, i have the gochiusa one

>magnethax will work on all 3DS forever
you're not wrong, but it is technically possible to patch.

???

it is too bad they left the n2ds the same

Not that way, all DS are able to be patched even right now, the bootrom is in flashable rom. Just they'll never patch it because flashing EPROM is risky to do as just part of some update.

I want to play NDS games on my New 3DS XL. What are my options? I have:
>a genuine R4 (the first/oldest one)
>NDS Lite
and really nothing else.

I have so far seen that I probably need a different flashcard such as the DSTWO PLUS. Is this true? Can't I just load up an .nds file on my CFW'd New 3DS XL? Thanks in advance.

you just pop it in and launch it use ntr launcher if you cant, all flashcarts are pretty much usable now with cfw even really old ones

I've been working on hacking a PSTV and no matter what I try or what guide I follow, I can't get a whitelist working. The .apk gives me an error message. I tried two other methods and still no dice.

I'm running Henkaku on 3.6, and I'm mounting a USB for the ux0 through Vitashell. I tried a whitelist that was available through wololo, as well as updating list_launch_vita.dat and editing dat.db.

Any advice is appreciated.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
I thought I had it set up properly to block updates
F

Is there a banwave going on, or did they just get the current public seed?

Probably way too niche to be of any use, but in Pokemon Platinum, if you change 0x41118's offset from 9 to 1, you'll get rid of the automatic Journal notifications when you load up your save.

I've only tested this on a fresh Japanese save, however, so this might work differently on international versions or if you advance farther into the game.

Every time I try to launch a game it tries to install install 5.5.2, but i have haxchii installed. Am I fine to update if I don't care about browserhax?

just the public seed is kill

banwave in 5 HOURS though

you won't be able to play any games until you update to 5.5.2, you got no choice because the wii u won't let you cancel

haxchi will work on 5.5.2

What about the method form this thread

gbatemp.net/threads/spoofing-a-wii-u-from-5-5-1-5-5-2-and-disabling-updates.477781/

Will that stop my games from trying to update?

hey now, the journal is pretty cool.

Nevermind, got it working with antiblacklist.

seeds is kill

Does anyone here have a completed Cold Steel 2 save for Vita? Ive searched a lot but I can only find PS3 saves which I dont know will work

new ban festival soon?

That R4I won't work on 3DS even with NTR Launcher, try getting any flashcard that works at least on DSi
Just don't get flashcards from r4isdhc.com, those ones got a time bomb, after certain date they will stop working

it was one of the first confirmed to work

>new banwave
>mfw the only people hit are on 11.5

I was hit before I updated to 11.5

Is there a way to dump a savegame on Vita 3.65?

public seed getting banned had been happening before, this is not a new banwave

The chinks are already on it.
Overpriced however.
aliexpress.com/item/For-PSVita-game-card-to-micro-SD-TF-card-adapter-SD2Vita-for-PS-Vita-1000-2000/32821517355.html

how i do get these

noice

Reminder that you can order 10 on easyead for $2 + $7.5 US shipping, $2 for 10 msd slots then solder them yourself. Then sell off the other 9 for a huge markup.
Total cost of 1 adapter: -$70

Ayo who got that PS4 SDK v4.50?

gbatemp.net/threads/first-nintendo-switch-cartridge-dumps-released.477954/

Wonder if these are raw encrypted dumps like we first saw on other consoles.

Does the movable method only work for those who had at least one system transfer before?

skyswitch master race soon

just did this, it works. You'll see 5.5.2 in system settings but that's it, everything else will stay the same. Haven't tried to delete the update folder though, 'cause i had the update blocker dns' and the wii u was both unplugged and had a different internet connection than the one i'm using now, so i'm pretty sure it didn't download the update.

Here's the BOTW nfo.
These are the romFS so they should work with the recently released python extraction scripts.

Shity are trying to get rid of the leaked PS4 SDK, anyone have a link or torrent

Clearly some devs already had their own dumps so it's been possible for a little while

>we have chosen this because raw cart format is unique so we removed the uniqueness and this is what we are left with
I don't get it, why did they do this?

I found a living copy but the download is gonna take all day.