strawpoll.com/338g61dw
youtube.com/watch?v=E7IKBRqOz8Q
creatorikusei.jp/en/application-guide-for-overseas-creator-english/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blog about your AI if you please

My AI does 2 thing
1: patrol until it see the player
2: shit his pants

Commissioning 3rd parties to make the 3d assets and art.

First I do a design image with what I want, then I send it off to the artist. Artist does a sketch and sends it back, which I correct. Then he does the final colour. Sometimes when I want something specific I'll do a rough sketch myself.

With concept art and 3D, I do a description or design, send it to the artist, he sends back the sketch, I make corrections, then I send it off to the 3D guys, they make the model and send it back, I make corrections and then await the final product.

Pic related.

Shits the player's pants? That's a credible threat.

>start off with $5000
>pay the music guy $1000
>pay the artist guy $1000
>pay the fat man $100 to put game on Steam
>pay the government $50 for LLC
>only sold 50 copies
>the fatman takes 30% of my cut
>the government takes 50% of my cut
>still haven't reached $1000 in sales to get my $100 back
>10 patent trolls are threatening to sue me for things which are far too late to change now
I'm now $2000 in debt. Why the fuck did I fall for the gamedev meme?

>paying 50% of gross to the government
>founding an LLC for 1/10 of what it actually costs
Did you even try to research this shitpost?

I don't know where you're from, but this is how things work in USA.

>ALSO GENDERLESS, BUT HAVE A FEMALE FORM (FOR AESTHETICS)

> living in America

There is your mistake bucko.

In Oregon it's only $100.

We're all living in America.

What kind of music would you like to hear in a post WW3 dystopian Sci-fi (avoiding the term "cyberpunk" for now, but it definitely has those elements too). It is gonna be extremely story/lore heavy, 2D, turn based strategy if that helps. I thought of
>orchestral music
>chiptune-like with ambience/echo dialed up
>Techno/house music (I do not knnow the correct terms for this particular genre)

Fuck me, I thought LLC's were $500.
Maybe that's what it costs in my state. I should look into this more.
The taxes are bullshit though. What state do you live in with an income tax of 20%+?

Oh, and the patent troll thing is a shitposter meme. That really gives you away.

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

youtube.com/watch?v=HRXBayEcPSk

You could be cute and like mix post WW2 music with aspects of the genres you listed.

Although maybe post WW2 music from the defeated countries, if WW3 happens how it's stereotyped. Actually, that's a good question. In your world ARE there winners after WW3? You could set up contrasting musical themes for different zones, the winners and losers.

You forgot to pay off the Let's Play League so they don't trash your game and memeify it

nice meme

youtube.com/watch?v=mQ8moLn3e-k

It's $500 in Australia, plus there is a yearly fee and you need to do tax returns.

Drumming and voice is the most survivable kind of music.

youtu.be/aGXcnWUqV-Y?t=52

Oregon's one of the better states, in California it's $800 yearly.

That's actually pretty neat. Nicely done.

Post-WW3 dystopia could take a fuckload of different forms and if you don't know what type of tone you're going for then I don't know how anyone is supposed to give you meaningful suggestions on the matter.

>In your world ARE there winners after WW3?
WW3 is starting right now and the main theme is that not a single nation participating in WW3 formally declares war. WW3 is also CW2

Thank you.

>never find answers to problems for unity because all the google results are retards asking babby's first game questions with the wrong terminology and/or the answer is "buy my asset goy"

Holy shit, it's starting to look like an actual game.
>fixed some minor issues
>implemented rooms
>LOS algorithm is still shit and I'm definitely going to have to replace it, but I'm so fucking tired of doing LOS shit that I'll just leave it for now
>probably going to start implementing enemies and the battle system; may not make visible progress for a long time

I'm really worried about the LOS thing but I must press on. Either way, there's no more easy progress from here on out, not that it was ever easy in the first place.

*turns off the lights*

Nice roleplaying, shame it didn't actually happen to a shitposter like you!

Now that mobile games have been established, do you prefer mobile over old flash games, or do you still prefer flash games

strawpoll.com/338g61dw

Mobile games are mostly bland corporate trash, newgrounds was amazing because it was a lawless land of edgy kids throwing shit at walls and seeing what sticks.

>do you prefer mobile over old flash games
Absolutely not.
Mobile games have none of the charm or passion or experimentation that defined flash games back when they were still hot shit.
They're strictly commercial and most of them suck.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but there were more beautiful small well designed games made in flash, mixed in with the rest. It seems like those beautiful small gamedevs have mostly moved on to unity and itch, whereas mobile took all the shit.

Flash was convenient at the time, and I have fond memories of them, but it had to die

Mobiles games now have enough variation that my recommended list is not filled with Pay to Win BS and are actually decent

What's wrong with the LOS?

Indeed a good question. There are winners, but not in the traditional sense. The game is about what countries/people portray v/s what actually is the truth. In the game,after WW3 , there are no countries anymore, but alliances, and as the WW3 was started by a single country and a few smaller supporting countries, after the war the main axis country is just simply stripped of it's ebil gubmint people and joins one of the less aggressive alliances. Keep in mind this isn't actually the real world , but a fictional world which resembles our world, so there's no "the evil country was germany/russia", or "the good countries were USA,UK and China".
I know. The tone is basically what I mentioned above, the basic idea is that it isn't exactly a dystopia but a post-war "pay reparations" kind of scenario except that there is no one to blame, and allaince leaders don't even know that there are betraying/higher forces at work.
I am sorry if it doesn't make much sense, it is quite hard to convey the base idea without giving away too much detail.
Those were quite good, thanks ! Do you think they'd work on 2d map grid with turn/phase based strategy ?

i give up

focus on gameplay first instead of daydreaming about setting and music

Hahaha wow good joke quick make it every day for years.

welcome

*teleports behind you*

Flash. I want to make this but with my own style of gameplay/art. Adventure Quest is its very own type of game that I haven't really seen replicated anywhere else. I want to make an offline version that's a full fledged game but preserves the 1 on 1 fighting style and simple flash style screen/transitions/dialogue.

There are a lot of completely free (no ads) flash trash games with a lot of love in them.

Compared with mobile trash, where devs do the absolute little possible, and always have $$$ on the brain, flash seems great.

Repetition is not really my shitposting style, I sometimes bring up old shitposts but I like to keep them fresh.

>recommended list
Let's see it.

I've played a dick ton of games on mobile and none have ever got me beyond "meh" (and I enjoy a lot of computer games, so it's not just that I hate video games).

This looks like absolute garbage. This is your inspiration? I'm sorry, but I will never play your game.

fug this pic just nostalgia bombed me

>I don't like what you (and quite a few other people) like so you should kill yourself lmao

Reply to this with your music composition inspo
youtube.com/watch?v=E7IKBRqOz8Q

Not that user.
Really Bad Chess, Hoplite.
I've heard Imbroglio is brilliant but don't have IOS.

>Really Bad Chess
Why can't I think of simple shit like this?

>the best mobile game is just a really bad version of chess
kekd

Oh yeah, Hoplite was tits.

Ironically RBC solved one of chess's largest flaws.

Stop thinking so much in terms of genres. You can't have a wild success like this by simply repeating known ideas, you have to try legitimately novel things and fail 90% of the time.

That said, obviously RBC still has the hook of being grounded in chess.

space invaders but it's a bullet hell

>Imbroglio
Huh looks cool as heck. Might break out my retired iPhone for this (god I hate the iPhone)

Texturing my heavy enemy. Any ideas for decals?

That's fine. I mean I want more tabletop style RPG gameplay but I accept I have niche tastes. I'm also referring to it from a purely functional standpoint. I'd rather have
>More quests
>More areas/dungeons
>More enemies
>More skills/talents/abilities

Than have complicated real time combat in a high res 3D worldspace. That format allowed a single dev(I think, it was definitely indie as fuck) to implement patch after patch of content in a timely manner. I find the simplistic nature of the pipeline for content super awesome and inspirational. I think games that have a single gimmick mechanic and design arcade levels around that (super meat boy, etc) to be absolute trash, so to each their own.

The best part about indie dev is that you don't have to dev for everyone. You get to dev for people like you. I'd rather make a game that caters to 120% of what one audience wants than try and snag 60% of two audiences or 40% of three audiences.

Checkers but pieces are random.

Play Michael Brough's other games if you haven't, most are on PC.

There's also a steam imbrogio-like with hexes called "morphblades "

Rock Paper Scissors but you have limited throws for each type

bro I've got an obscene number of hours put into BG1,2 and pillars of eternity and whatnot.

Your goals are fine but that looks like complete garbage. Absolute trash. Unplayable. Not sure why you're jumping to conclusions you've already made about your audience, but I guess it's because you know it looks like garbage.

>
Where would games like Cave Story be on that list?

There are still indies emulating that style, so I'm curious.

>Doing spritework because I can't stand to look at my code right now
>I can literally never stand to look at my spritework

I made progress today but I've really hit that point where I hate everything about my project that I once loved.

Now give it the death it deserves by finishing it.

>Absolute trash. Unplayable.

Its literally just grinding for gear and items and shit and doing quests written by a 14 year old anime fanfic writer. That's pretty bad, but its far from unplayable trash, I've seen worse games by far on mobile markets. At least its an actual game with love put into it and gameplay.

SHOVELWARS XD ADVANCED (invite your friends to play!) is way worse.

made some soup, now just watching some netflix with my game :)

Can't remember my fucking login to this

Or my password for that matter

Come here user, if you recommend this shit game to your friends I'll give you a handful of gems (which take an hour to get ~1).

>he can't remember passwords from over a decade ago that are absolutely and completely different from your current passwords.

Bet you're one of those MARIJUANA injesters.

I'm high on gamedev

I have a game idea centered around social circles. What are some good character stats for this? How would you expand "sociability" out of a single useless "charisma" stat?

tact, fury, gullibility, quickwit, comedic timing, atmospheric presence, historical bonuses for increasing acquaintance

learn some actual psychology, big 5 is a place to start

So good news: I got the bullet tracker keep track of each unit of ammo.
Bad news: I don't know how I'd go about making the bullets go back down and having a skinny bullet on the left light up when you reach 11 rounds. Whoops.

It's hard to show it without making another webm but it has weird artifacts where the tile 8 or so tiles away randomly goes dark when you're near walls.

You're all applying to the nippon residency, right?
creatorikusei.jp/en/application-guide-for-overseas-creator-english/

Are there any math PhDs here? I need some help

Basically i have a speed, which at the beginning is say 100m/s. An unchanging force is constantly acting against this speed (let's say gravity, so -10m/s/s)

So this would be the speed of the given object over time, with gravity acting on it:
0s - 100m/s
1s - 90m/s
2s - 80m/s

I need to calculate where in space the object is at a given time.
So let's say the start position of the object is 0m (we only have one axis of movement)

So at 2 seconds time the position of the object will be somewhere around +180 meters above zero (by my estimate) (if there was no gravity, it would be +200m since it traveled 2 seconds at 100m/s speed)

I need tome way to exactly calculate the position on the axis for any given time (5 seconds, 28 seconds.. etc)

I am cute girl, and I have been stuck at this forever, please help me.

Seriously though, a core game mechanic, which i need to implement hinges upon me solving this and i have never felt so dumb ;_;

>math PhDs
>literally high school calc

If you are so smart then where is your answer brainlet?

Added the first enemy, which is easy to kill as all starting enemies should. It will not move unless it is present in the frame and will chase the player very slowly.

I'm too busy working on my engine to answer your stupid questions

velocity = 100 - 10x
integrate to get position
position = 100x - 5x^2 + C

It happening again, whenever I made a lot of progress theres this feeling of existential dread, like fear I could die any moment and all my effort will have been wasted

If you don't like those comfy graphics then I wouldn't want you to be part of my audience at all

When make a lot of progress it get stopped by depression nigga whispering into my eat:
"Shieeeeeeet son, why do you even bother? Your game is shit and nobody will ever play even for free, you are literally wasting your life away with nothing to show for it."
I hate the depression nigga so much.

Making art should help with existential dread

Sounds like you are bullying yourself, or maybe you could think less about how shit your game is, and how dope your skills are becoming, compared to the average normie

what engine?

what's a good way to do an inventory system in GMS2? Kinda dreading it atm.

arrays, grids?

Daily reminder that you don't have to (and shouldn't) display night as "can't fucking see anything".

I should clarify that I'm leaning towards an inventory tetris style

Tetris style, probably a grid of maps. That's what I'm planning on trying when I fully implement my inventory. What you see here is just an array of maps.

yes
break it down into as small a feature as you can think of
what exactly do you need to make to implement this menu? Moving items, adding things to an array, checking array coordinates to see if a shape will fit, etc
it's easier than you think

Fusion 2.5

Night should be desaturated, not blue
The parts of your eye that work in low light can't see color

>inventory tetris
literally why

>can't decide if i want to keep a game breaking mechanic that also happens to be very fun