Your thoughts on the $31,555 RF

Your thoughts on the $31,555 RF

a bit too expensive
if it was around $27k i'd buy one

>recognize that some people do in fact want a hardtop MX5
>half ass it
>thatll be $32k

are you retarded? it's more like they over complicated it

One of the best looking cars on the market today.
I wish Mazda would make a MX-7 about the same size as the BRZ with the same proportions as the MX-5.

If they did that, or made the MX-5 a few inches bigger so I could fit in it, I would buy one new as my next car.

tfw finally a reason to be happy that I'm a manlet

>being this autistic

I'm just waiting for Mazda to put the new SkyActiv-X in the car. Unless they downgrade it to a 1.5L it'll have more power, probably around 200 or so.

>not the Skyactiv-R

We just have to believe and our Lord and Saviour will answer our prayers

Fuck it man, I'll take it. I'd probably never use the targa top function anyway since all I've ever wanted was an MX-5 with a proper, fully integrated coupe fastback.

Pic related, it's the perfect MX-5 that never got out of the concept phase. Hell, they even made it in the NB but they made a lousy 170 of them. The thought that I'll never own this as an NA makes me want to die, but I'll happily take the ND RF since it's my second favourite styling and as close as I'll probably ever come.

The problem is there's no reason to get it vs. the soft top.

I think they should have a softtop convertible and instead of a hardtop convertible they should make a fixed roof coupe or however you call it.

Too expensive and needlessly complicated hard top
I'd rather a GT86 or BRZ for cheaper. They essentially accomplish the same job

So this?
They made shit all of them which sucks because I would have bought one.

I wonder if you tried to track one of those if they would still require a roll bar? I cant imagine how much a NB coupe would sell for stateside. God I should start saving.

Shit man I live in Aus and it'd still be a fucking nightmare. That car there was being sold for 20k AUD I think.

My dream is to get a really nice NA and do a conversion into a coupe like that one

It may sound autistic but on the surface I agree. It would have been fucking brilliant if they had just made it a manually removable top.

Imagine, instead of the fancy retraction mechanisms there is just a well designed manual latched targa top, and a storage cubby for it in the trunk.

So basically OP picture would be the car with the T-top removed, and stowed in the trunk.

>Lighter
>Cheaper, such that it could be almost a wash with the soft top at MSRP
>less complex
>Probably stiffer chassis wise
>in a few years if the seals start to get weedy or the latch fails it's maybe $200 at the parts counter and a DIY job versus $1500+ and dealer service.

I'm just sayin, that sounds pretty cool.

not what I wanted but I'll take it

>2litre
>158hp

Anyone who bitches about this needs to know that they already had the fastback/hatchback RX-7's and did not want the same look on their cars.

Well duh, but I don't want to spend a fucking assload on an RX-7 for muh dorito power. I just wanted everything the MX-5 is but with a integrated hardtop.

Clearly there is a market for it considering how many RFs I see around my area. And I mean fuck, why fuck with perfection? The RX-7 is already one of the best looking cars ever made. A smaller, more reliable version would sell like fucking crazy.

IIRC more hardtop NC’s than softops were sold in the US, clearly there was a market for it.

I bought an arctic white RF Club. In my case, living in a colder climate, I thought the hardtop made the car slightly more practical than a softop that’ll get tore up

I don't actually care how much more expensive the hard top is. It's gorgeous and I won't have to worry about folding a soft top improperly.

Really, the fatal flaw is that Mazda doesn't offer the Recaro seat option in the US. You get shit cloth seats in the Club trim, or "upgrade" to the Grand Touring edition which means losing the limited slip diff, shock tower brace and bilstein dampers.

Seriously, what the fuck was Mazda thinking? They sell the Recaro seat option in Japan and Canada, and the Fiata gets them in the US. The factory literally has them on the shelf and refuses to bolt them in US Miatas

>32k
>150hp
All I need to say

why would that matter if the car has sub 6s 0-60

unless you're american, then it 0-60 will be like 7s lol

Buisness meeting at Mazda
>Let's make a targa!
>What's a targa?
>Porsche makes these since 60s, how do you not know?
>*google porsche targa*

I was going through the Japanese configurator and that Eternal Blue Mica is so much better than on the USDM model, why in the fuck does Mazda NA get shafted like this?

Literally just buy a set of recaros and swap the seats for less money than having them preinstalled. you can even sell the seats to come out even further ahead.

Pretty much bet money that the seats don't get put in because of side curtain airbags, and American safety ratings.

Its 2017, no one uses or cares about convertibles anymore. Its literally an extra hassle and weak shitty part of a car that only boomers cared about.

Can't wait for safety rating to go up and convertible cars to get banned.

Fucking RUINING every god damn car.

ugliest Miata ever

Wonderful little car but wew lad that price.

kek I know this feel.

It's weird to think if I were my dream height, I either wouldn't be able to drive a Miata, or couldn't do so comfortable.

for that money i would buy pic.
i would pay at most 10k for something like that.

Yep. My having it as a fixed coupe, they could save weight and cost vs all the heavy complexities that go into a retractable hardtop.

Also I know this is retarded, but part of the reason I don't get a Miata is because I don't want to drive with the top off, but if I don't ever drive with the top off I feel like I should've just bought a car with a fixed roof.

I don’t get why the Honda hatch gets shit on but this absolute monstrosity of a face isn’t. Yeah I get Mazda and car faces gimmick but please, I would love a Miata that doesn’t have a face for a grill.

qt but i wish t tops and hatches would come back to coupes

The hardtop is not a load bearing structure, still need the roll bars behind the seats

Creating an actual coupe with a hardtop that can withstand rollover would add just as much weight as the retractable hardtop

It is too large and too heavy.

You wouldn't need the retracting stuff tho.

Safety ratings going up is will mean mandatory automatic driving aids. EVERY car is ruined.