/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (feat. P4A, UNIB and RWBY) coming in 2018, no platforms revealed.
- BBCF 2.0 coming to arcades in August 3rd, including Jubei and balance updates (summer 2017 for consoles).
- Central Fiction is now available on PS3, PS4 and PC (Steam).
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are also available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BlazBlue Character Selector
kalavinka.co.uk/EMBER/
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-Spectator's Guide to BlazBlue
docs.google.com/document/d/1iG2GfZouCfJ3kAzM1M9CkRrvZJWMGMxpA8bwwkTJSNw/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/MoustachedVillian
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Play Mai

Play Weiss

Play Yang

Play either Naoto

I doubt BB naoto will be in BBCTB

I want to pat Es' head!

Is Central Fiction the last BB game?

yeah man, it's over

bb games never again

>Is Central Fiction the last BB game?

Yes. Blazblue is dead now, no new games ever.

That clearly doesn't count though. I meant it in the sense that I remember reading somewhere that the story was done, and Mori wanted to focus on VNs.

I'm expecting Blazblue 2 in 2019. Now the question is whether Team Red will let them borrow GG tech or if we're going to see whatever the fuck 4k sprites look like.

No, Mori left unanswered questions at the end of CF for a reason. Expect more actual BB sometime in his life.

Hopefully the later, even though I'm not a fan of sprites that high rez.

a future BB reboot would be hype as fuck

but at the same time we all know it's gonna turn into the same shitstorm as Xrd with people bitching cause their mains aren't in

Well, if their mains are canonically dead, there's nothing they can do.

If BB Phase V happens, I expect 16 characters base roster. 3 from CT, CS, CP, and CF each. And then 4 newcomers.

hakumen is Mori's beloved childhood donut steel, he's gonna be there somehow

unless he goes for tsubakimen

>tsubakimen
I can get behind this

That actually makes my dick a little hard, now that I think about it.

Tsubaki just take Hakumen's ideal and his sword though, not his design which is the Susanoo suit

If BB2 happens I want Hazama to wear the suit to bring back Susan. It's pretty sad that him, Izzy and Nine are dead in their first playable game

tsubakimen doesn't have tits or a vagina

Should I play Rachel or Izayoi. I don't care about who's getting nerfed. I think they both look like characters I can enjoy. Which one is easier?

didn't naoto mention a female that looks like hakumen or some shit like that

Izzy

I'm currently following the story through. I just finished Calamity Trigger- how does CS work? I have extend, how does CSII factor into that? Does it have story content that comes after extend or does extend incorporate all CSII content?

I could see this actually. Between his affection for his childhood creation and his supposed hard on for Imai Asami great tastes Mori, seems like it could be cool.

I'm shit at the game, but I personally think Izayoi was easier to get the hang of.

you only need CSE

does this have a more active playerbase on steam or ps4?

ps4

PS4, especially because of crossplay with PS3

they're both complex characters to play on a high level, but Izayoi should be easier to start with

on normal mode she's an extremely simple well-rounded shoto-like character. In GA mode things get a lot crazier but you can just take it slowly

>Looking for a sub character, normally play Bullet
>Like a lot of different characters but nothing quite clicks because I fucking suck at this game and always have
>Start messing with Mai
Guys I think I found another character low IQ enough for me to play, give me the redpill on her upcoming changes aside from some damage nerfs.

just keep mashing that 5C

playing Mai at a basic level where beat very bad plaeyers but to play Mai the right way you need to master tipper combos. To emphasize this you now you get bigger rewards for landing a well spaced lunge attack as long as you activate the tipper thing.

this image is meant to show the height required to active tipper from a jumping 236C

ArcSys buffed Susan, I forgive Mori of every single of his sins, god bless

Why do they always do things overboard with balance changes? It's either overbuff or overnerf.

Trying to learn this game. Tell me about Kagura.

That actually entices me to try to pick her up again.
Was really turned off by how basic she was, but love characters that play at a mid range (I love spears characters for that).
I really want to learn Amane for this, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck to do in neutral, or get his button layout down.
I just keep throwing out my C moves and whiffing hard, and don't know what to go for otherwise.

this one is actually very good for the most part

just a few seemingly weird decisions but overall looks great

I think people will find quickly the changes aren't as drastic as people think they are. Aside from maybe Hakumen who could potential be op.

I'd honestly say only Rachel got overnerfed this patch

Where do Platinum's nerfs put her? She's already mid-low, right?

in the trash can

I don't know

When's the next time /blaz/ plays together?

Oh I figured, I like her design though, low skill floor with nuance to make people want to commit to learning her.

Why'd you post Xiba from Soul Calibur?

New player here, want to pick up Tager. Any tips?
I have a bunch of xrd Potemkin experience, how much of it can cross over?

Makoto didn't deserve it

I think she got off faily light all things considered, she's still got all the tools to keep her high on the tier list, they just swapped around j.B for j.2C when it comes to air-to-ground confirms. The nerfs come from more universal stuff like standardisation of wakeup and more concern for negative penalty which I don't think will impact Rachel players decision making for wind usage. I'm looking forward to what will come of buffed j.2C anyway.

Prolly low, maybe on the level of CF 1.0 Hazama and Bang

It should work pretty much the same as other grapplers, except the threat of Spark Bolt is a massive factor. Getting a Spark Bolt hit from anywhere on the screen is the equivalent of getting a grab on the opponent. Remember that you can magnetize opponents on block too, so if you do that, the opponent is already at a disadvantage. Tager utilizes OD in a very effective way since he can guard cancel or just straight-up make moves whiff into a 720, so always make your opponent respect that.

youtube.com/user/MoustachedVillian
Watch this faggot tager vids, they're hillarious
>inb4 fuck off shill

>just straight-up make moves whiff into a 720, so always make your opponent respect that.

Speaking of, how do I even deal with that? Just save my OD for when he OD so I can OD the 720?

If you whiffed a move there's nothing you can do. If you recover in time then he did it wrong and you can OD, DP, or jump out of it.

THinking about buying BB Centralfiction with the sale; but the 48gb thing really turns me off

The reason for it is apparently lossless audio or something according to Shini

Will he be good?

Hard to say before the game is out

I hope that's not his assist.

I fucking hope not

It's that or Mortal Slide.

Interactions you want to see in BBCTB, i'll start:
>Kagura and P4 girls
>Kanji and Amane

I hope Izzy has an assist that puts ribcage on your character

So will BBCX be kusoge like P4U was or DBFZ is shaping up to be? I'm not a fan of 2/3 button fighters where your normals are 5x, 2x and j. x.

>BBX is a six buttons game
>4 attack buttons and 2 assist/tag buttons
>2v2 and you can't choose your assist like in MvC3, but instead, you will get 2 types of assist at the same time
>Press assist button 1 to call your partner doing assist 1 and press assist button 2 to call your partner doing assist 2
>Gordeau's assists are both Mortal Slide and GRIM REAPAH

What do?

I think it's Assist and Tag, with pure DHCs still in.

>Tao and all crossover girls

>Litchi and the crossover girls
Why does Tsubaki look thiccer than Bullet in these?

Give me a quick rundown on 2.0, who got better and who got worse?

>who got worse
your main

>who got better
everyone else except bullet

top tiers got worse except izayoi maybe?
everyone else got better
except

>Amane and human Teddy

Izayoi got worse but so did her competition. She and Jin benefits the most from the system mechanic changes so she'll probably still be top-tier, just not as stupid because of Trans-Am bullshit

>P4U
>kusoge
Stay in your dumb asshole box.

>Akihiko and Azrael

>Leapfrog Awakening: The Game
Tell me again how it's not kusoge.

How is it?

Bullet and Akatsuki, neither of which will happen.

Because, despite the efforts they made in Ultimax to avoid it, it boiled down to hard knockdowns and leapfrogging Awakening. Emphasis on that second part. Watch those LK and Bananaken matches, man.

There are neat ideas, mainly the roll, but it never worked out. Unfortunately, I'll never really know how those updates to Ultimax turned out.

They didn't try to avoid hard knockdown oki in Ultimax, they added more ways to get them like Yosuke V-Slash, and Awakenings are fairly easy to prevent if you really want to stop them from coming out. Just do around 35% to kill, if you've been saving meter the round you can do that off pretty much every confirm unburstably, with how fucking massive minimum damage is.

Hakumen is the best but I'm trash with him. How do I get good?

Hakumen is a defensive character, take advantage of your opponents movement options by actually punishing them for trying to IAD / dash in. Learn to frametrap properly because when you do start your pressure, you can keep it up very effectively as long as you don't waste your Magatama. You gain Magatama as time passes, and your opponent will have to go in on you at some point, and you can convert pretty much anything into a full combo with the right resources.

I honestly expect the roster for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle to be massive, ala MvC2, and have a universal battle system.
I think there's going to be a decent number of RWBY characters, since there's not going to be that much in terms of sprite work for the game.

That's the point. It boiled down to getting the kill without giving them Awakening. You leapfrog it because of how good it was.

It also had an insane amount of "unburstable" combos. You knew they'd burst at a certain point because of how good Awakening was. It was silly. As good as the universal mechanics were, it became rote. It was ridiculously shallow.

I don't see a real problem with any of that tbqh fambo.

Is it me or the crosstag battle just seems random as fuck. Blazblue has nothing in common with Persona and UNIEL. Like, I see no point in having these characters being in one game.

Me neither, but it put it fairly solidly in kusoge-tier.

It's one of the possibilities. Did you not play CT?

They all have an association with Arcsys and have a crossover playerbase

What bothers me is that UNIEL plays alot slower than BB, I wonder how the characters will turn out.

>doesn't have a real problem with it
>calls it shit

DBFC:I is kusoge, but I enjoy it. It's nice eating trash every now and then.

It also had a decent Top 8 by the way.

well its not like arcsys was going to do anything else with those sprites

Yeah, the concept's nothing new. You enjoy P4A the way fags enjoy watching a shit movie like Showgirls, for mostly ironic reasons.
Guess it's a subjective thing but what you call leapfrogging doesn't make it a shit game.

How many times have you fapped to Litchi?

>Haven't played since CT where I just cheese people with Tager magnetism tech traps
>Have no idea what I'm doing
>Forgot what it's like to learn a fighting game from scratch

One: Why isn't Makoto wearing this outfit from story mode? It's clearly superior.
Two: Naoto seems redundant when Ragna's in the game. They seem to play really similarly.
Three: I can't believe that after however many games it's been, I still have to deal with this Carl, Rachel, and Arakune shit. At least Nu doesn't seem good.

Naoto has several moves that can only be done when dashing, so unless you can capitalize on that through microdashing he just seems like a bad Ragna, yeah

>Why isn't Makoto wearing this outfit from story mode?
Because it's not nearly as iconic so when most people think of Makoto, they don't think of that deisgn.

>Naoto seems redundant when Ragna's in the game
They have similarities in their gameplay but honestly it's very different, Naoto has shorter range and way more burst damage, also no lifesteal. Also he's one of the highest execution characters in the game, which led to him actually becoming really well-liked. In the story itself, he has a role of his own anyway where he's basically trying to make sure Ragna actually goes to save the world. CF being the final installment led to them adding Es, Mai, and Naoto, who are protagonists of the spin-off materials.

>I still have to deal with this Carl, Rachel, and Arakune shit
All of them got nerfed. Arakune is dumpster-tier in the next patch and literally has his clouds go away on block, and his OD Curse was revamped entirely. Carl lost his wakeup doll which could pretty much cover everything, and his jA got fucked meaning unblockable setups and air conversions are made significantly worse. Rachel lost her wind on wakeup, and jB became a mid meaning she can't do certain instant overhead setups because of that, along with not being able to do it at all on certain characters.