Replacement bolts?

I was working on my '83 Chevy Celebrity, hooking up the shift cable, and I lost one of the bolts securing it to the transmission casing. Can't seem to find replacement bolts anywhere I look, could I use any 13mm bolt? Is there an official replacement vendor?

Take another one off and take it to your local hardware store, they'll hook you up. Match the hardness and everything.

How do I check for hardness? This is my first car, and my first experience actually working on one.

I meant they'll do all that shit for you, its stamped on the bolts though if you wanna read it yourself.

more specifically, he's talking about the "grade" of the bolt, which encompasses hardness, grain size, and a few other factors which are defined in ASTM or whatever your local governing body is. Just get apples to apples or higher.
t. mechE

Thanks for the help. I'll go looking on my next day off.
Chevy thread?

I really miss that type body style, that's how cars should look in my mind. Fuck all this new roundness.

It's got a very American look to it. Why have cars become near identical to one another?

My buddy has one that is absolutely mint. A weird choice for a summer car, but his other car is a Citation...

Diesel or gasoline?

Go to pick n pull. Get one for free

Only so many ways to cheaply meet safety regs and cheat aerodynamics.

$2 entry fee

>'83 Chevy
>13mm
You sure?

Not if u go at 2am

Carbed 2.8

Dogs

It fits a 13mm hex head

aka it's probably a 8mm bolt

rock auto

>not having a tub full of bolts you've pulled from all the cars you've scrapped

I hardly even bother keeping track of bolts when I pull something apart now, just chuck them all in the lid of my socket set because I know if I'm missing a bolt I can easily dig through the bolts tub and find one right for the job.