/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

Gotta do every shit around here myself edition

>which servers is /rog/ playing
Re:Start
Official server with some renewal mechanics and 2-1 classes, more stuff to be added in the future
Guild: Poring Slappers
We idle in Aldebaran, PM Daemos or find someone who can invite you.
>irowiki.org/REStart/RESTARTspawns.jpg (embed)
>Renewal mechanics:
>Renewal ATK/mATK, Defense, Hit/Flee, Cast Time (but no fixed cast), Gear refine (+20 max)

OriginsRO 5x/5x/5x/3x Episode 0.9 pre-trans with updates coming
Guild: Moebros
PM Routver or ask on main for an invite
Classic spawns, check wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Main_Page for info also @whereis [mob name]

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/once-ro-2k16/
youtube.com/watch?v=_UIdSgjFzio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NovaRO

>decide to try out this server called nova shilled so much on /rog/
>download and install the client, log in and make my character
>mfw there's some babyfur race called doram, did I download the wrong game?
>go through some dumb tutorial that takes ages and makes no sense at all, then type @go light like it's some high rate server
>approach bikini maid and ask for invite
>I'm asked to prove myself
>"lelkek, psor, 75 players" I spew
>get invited instantly and then taken to some place called gramps
>after a couple of hours standing there doing nothing I am finally 175/60, wasn't this a low rate server?
>"it's time to tackle the latest piece of content" bikini maid says
>I mention that I am basically naked, my stat and skill points aren't distributed and we don't have a plan
>they tell me it's fine, this isn't some server with artificial difficulty like leika
>we go in
>nothing appears to happen, the script is broken
>we run around the place in geometric patterns, performing some sort of voodoo ritual for a few minutes
>everyone is praising the new instance and appears to be excited while we do so
>finally the event triggers
>some monsters spawn but I don't get to see them as they're instantly removed by flashy super saiyan aoes
>meanhile "!!" exclamations randomly appear across the map, I believe them to be the anguished ghosts of those monsters we just slaughtered, spooky!
>this goes on for a few minutes
>we reach the final room with the boss
>bikini maid waddles through a lot of untelligible dialogues that appear to be machine translated
>the script breaks again so we perform more obscure rituals
>it's time, the boss is finally there!
>it begins to crawl towards the party at 1 mph while making loud poring plop sounds
>"g-guys d-don't p-panic!" bikini maid screams
>after some minutes it almost reaches bikini maid, our trusty tank

>main arguments of re:tards for playing on their laggy p2w keknewal server are population and longevity
>population is bots and vendors
>no one here will play longer than 2 months max anyway, and if they do, they are rewarded with SSJ3 transformation and screenwide AoE nukes
Really drops my cards

>"i-it's almost here, p-please p-prepare g-guys!" bikini maid screams again
>a couple of minutes later the boss finally engages bikini maid
>"I'M TANKING, PLEASE HEAL ME!" he screams really loud on discord
>the boss raises its arm to perform a dramatic slowmo attack because its aspd and animation motion appear to be slower than those of a poring
>"I HOPE I'LL BE ABLE TO SURVIVE THIS PLEASE KEK HELP ME!" bikini maid screams in an autistic panic attack
>the boss finishes launching its attack and suspense music begins to play
>for 3 seconds absolutely nothing happens
>finally the motion delay is over and damage number appears
>it's 1
>"OH GOD I'VE NO IDEA HOW WE SURVIVED THIS, PLEASE BEGIN TO DPS THE BOSS GUYS!" he screams even louder and temporarily deafens me, I quickly mute discord
>merely a second later, the boss is swarmed by hundreds of homing saiyan nuclear missiles, taking 999999 damage per hit
>the poor boss realizes its fate and attempts to cast a magical spell
>the signal from the brain manages to reach its mouth merely an instant before the imminent death
>there's no time to formulate a spell to it just screams "!!" and begins to cast something
>alas, somebody was already mashing spell breaker from a special saiyan accessory, which interrupts the cast and finishes the boss off
>even if that wasn't the case, the cast would take 10 seconds, only to deal 1 damage

Boring copy pasta.

>the boss is defeated but drops no loot and we receive no experience, nobody seems to mind it, screaming "WE DID IT REDDIT!" instead
>a couple of seconds later nova himself appears out of nowhere and does a global server announcement congragulating us for clearing this extremely innovative piece of content he worked so hard on
>he also tells us to write a rms review and to purchase the latest rng box from the cash shop as it contains some hats that would look really good on us
>then he comments on how our equipment refine rates aren't optimal and that we should get some enriched ores from the cash shop, they're now 10% off so it's just 90 cents a piece!
>I notice tokeiburu is also here, not saying anything
>nova doesn't seem to notice him and tells us how tokei is his bitch, doing all the work for a few cents while nova claims all the credit
>they all laugh
>tokei doesn't say anything
>immediately after, he mentions that he's been reading our guild chat for the past few weeks, how he's really proud of our shilling on /rog/, nobody seems to mind this breach of privacy, instead they appear to be excited
>suddenly nine approaches nova and they engage in a public erp session
>it involves nine calling nova papi and begging to lick his brown cojones, to which nova replies "si gringo"
>the rest of the guild patiently observes from a corner, waiting for their turn
>I slowly walk away, alt+f4 and delete the folder
Wish I was making this up.

Stop ruining the formatting you newfags.

>muh ebin meme!

It's common decency to wait for the pasta to finish, you subhuman thirdworlder troglodyte.

lmao what a dirty fucking newfag. This is the place that made C-C-COMBO BREAKER famous. Fuck outta here.

>expecting common decency
>in a shitflinging general

If you weren't retarded you'd have already screencapped the pasta from last thread and reposted it

Have some (You)s too, favela monkeys.

UMA DELICIA

I find the grinding for cards bad but the partying,, group play in general and skills to be unmatched.

I played WoW once and it's always he same fucking garbage, you have a rotation for every class, and classes are too similar to each other, despite having like 6 of them. Meanwhile RO's class builds make a huge difference, say how a Combo Monk is different from a Spirit on, or a GC Crusader vs a Shield Crusader vs a Devotion Crusader.

The way skills interact with each other is pretty interesting in RO too, you have all those extra uses for the skills, how you can use Improve Concentration to reveal cloaked/hidden things nearby, how Blessing can be used offensively against Undead and Demons, and so on. You have shitloads of skills and they even have their particular uses.

>I played WoW once and it's always he same fucking garbage, you have a rotation for every class, and classes are too similar to each other, despite having like 6 of them.
You didn't play vanilla then.

>You have shitloads of skills and they even have their particular uses.
Most of the skills in RO are useless but a few are overpowered and dictate builds.

It really is a unique and great game. The fact that thousands of people are still playing it 15 years after release is a testament to its greatness.

I'm not sure I follow the "most skills are useless", try playing a wizard and tell me most skills are useless. Try a priest too and say the same. Some classes have plenty of useless skills like all the traps for hunters, but you still have a nice degree of variety of hunter builds regardless.

Also the very concept of a build is more present in RO than in WoW, in the latter you just pick talents, which is analogous to the Skill Trees of RO, but there are no stats and it's really hard to screw a character up, no depth in making efficient builds, knowing stat bonuses for maximum efficiency on whatever role you want to fulfill. RO is simply more of a RPG than WoW with this, too.

Can anyone help me getting a snake hat?
ofc i'll pay back

>Some classes have plenty of useless skills like all the traps for hunters
Did you just call traps useless? Are you for real right now?

So is snake head hat the BiS gear for auto attack?

Not all of them, but are you gonna tell me shit like the talkie box and so many others are useful?

>demotivating enemy guild with trashtalkie boxes
>not useful

Talkie box is a flavor skill, which other trap is "useless" according to you?

Not for crit builds obviously.

Land Mine
Blast Mine
Flasher
Skid Trap
Sandman
Freezing Trap

Inb4 some keknewal autist claims one of these traps is amazing because it deals 99999999 damage with their retarded saiyan damage calculation

Fuck you guys
I'm going to be a trap hunter in origins and no one's going to stop me

Are you fucking retarded? Legit question.

Yes, come join us!

explain how any of those skills are so useful

>land mine
High earth property misc damage and stun.
>blast mine
High wind property misc damage and delayed blast mechanic.
>flasher
Fucking blind.
>skid trap
Knock a nigger to the edge of the screen and root him for like 4 seconds or some shit.
>sandman
Fucking sleep, vital in PvP too.
>freezing trap
Fucking freeze, good anywhere.

All those status traps also have like 90% success chance and you can fucking stack a dozen of damaging traps with arrow shower and blow a nigger up instantly, you mongoloid.

>trap hunter

ive seen a lot of crit builds with Snake hat

Won't the DA interfere with the crits?

Not in keknebbal

wtf i love jejgiggle now

WoW is also in its dozen years but it has more than 1 million players even now.

It will. People just don't know that it's unoptimal to use double attack with crit.

jejnibble lets double attacks crit

Pretty sure iRO doesn't have that garbage yet.

With the nerfs on crit, they might as well wear the snake hat anyway.

What nerf you nigger?

The renewal changes to crit you cuck

It doesn't. There's a reason DD crit build change class at jlvl 40 to avoid putting points to double attack.

140% of normal attack

It does if you aren't a fucking nobbacuck

Yeah that's a fucking buff in keknewal.

Wrong. DD crit build was originated from iRO. But you wouldn't know that because you're just a shitposter.

This. Reliance to cards now needed to achieve that doublenigga crit, so until then, you're gonna see crit shitters with worms on their heads for a while.

Except crit overrides DA now you nobbacuck

Wrong.

>keknewal crits no longer ignore def
>keknewal crits instead increase damage by 140%
>99.9% of keknewal mobs have really low def which results in 5-15% reductions top
>only a handful of mvps even get above 30% reductions
>keknewal players sit at 20-30% reductions on average, with a shield
>this somehow means crits are nerfed

There's keknewal mobs in re:start already?

Why was this changed anyway? Def and crit mechanics were fine.

Let me guess: it's gonna make overupgraded weapons even more of a factor to make people use the ores cash shops?

>Why was this changed anyway?

Because def is fucking useless in pypnooble so defense-bypassing crits became useless by proxy?

DEF values were massively toned down in keknewal so they had to compensate somehow.

This user beat me to it.

whisper Routver if you want in the guild

Keknewal is trash. Pre-re too. Pre-trans is the real RO. Prove me wrong.

Leika is good keknewal though.

No exception. Are all trash.

So is the restart guild LGBTQIA+ friendly or not? I've been in a few guilds in the past that weren't LGBTQIA+ friendly, and honestly in this day and age that's pretty off putting. Get with the times guys.

Thank you

It's very lgbtqia++ friendly. No matter who or what you are, the fish-smell whore Ruka will serve you with pleasure.

Shitty pasta.

lmao

i read some of the reviews today, a lot of them are fucking garbage.

reviews by obvious new players with .9 hours in an mmo. :thinking:

yeah those retarded new players and their expectations of a decent game, don't they understand we play outdated garbage

i mean.. when you're right you're right

What did they expect from brainless generation Z raised on garbage like LoL, OW and mobile games? They probably suffer a panic attack if something doesn't explode every 5 seconds and items aren't randomly placed into their inventories.

I'm not saying that re:tard isn't dogshit though.

>install client
>you need to fix the installation
>can't even make an account with any decent browser nor adblock addons
>half second lag
Gee I wonder why it gets negative reviews.

guys, I miss my ex

>brainless generation Z raised on garbage like LoL, OW and mobile games? They probably suffer a panic attack if something doesn't explode every 5 seconds and items aren't randomly placed into their inventories
Isn't that the jejnibble audience?

How shit will restart be without snake hat?

Even keknewal is way too complex for them, they literally lose their way and panic if the whole experience isn't streamlined and handheld.

>got a 2nd bathory card

7mil zeny but what do I buy

Why bother buying anything when you could just bot it?

How can pserverlets even compete desipite the playerbase getting cucked with tons and tons of payfaggotry

wtf I love bots and p2w now!

wtf I love laggy keknewal p2w servers now!

wtf I love peenoise now!

wtf I love ragnarok online now!

How do we make Ruka smell normal?

How the fuck does Odin have so many players

And don't say bots because classic was botted to fuck as well and it never passed even 3k players despite running in a time where RO wasn't dead

I wanted to take it easy this time and prepare an archer to make a dancer as soon as they patch them but the lag is unbearable. I played a bit yesterday and tried today again and is still awful.

I might want an invite anyways.

It's an official server with a fresh start, of course people are gonna be interested

>server reach 5k
>lag as fuck

Okay, I'm sleeping tonight.

forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/once-ro-2k16/

where you at? I'll come invite you

Lollygagging at payon dungeon. I could go town or Pront or something if you want.

It's okay, I'll find you in payon dun

steam

>1 str
dafuq!?

>the perfidy of the eternal steambabby

a +20 weapon can give over 400 damage, currently my +7 1hsword with 1 str hits for between 150-180.

also im making a devo sader for woe tanking so damage doesnt matter

Steambabbies are literally the ketchup crowd of normalfaggots.

Just look at the re:start trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=_UIdSgjFzio

It should be drowning in dislikes for portraying some kind of autistic deviantart weeb cringefest, and why the fuck do they show dorams?

Yet everyone is jerking off to it, that's how retarded steambabbies are.

Gonna try this iro restart. Anyone playing here?

See the OP. You can get an invite to the guild whenever you want, we hang out in Aldebaran.

Do you mind the smell of fish?

I'm going to sniff RUKA!